Found Deceased UT - Elizabeth Laguna Salgado, 26, Provo, 16 Apr 2015

I hadn't read that. Those tests are pretty spot on so that would give me pause.

On Monday night, Rosemberg told ABC4 that neither he nor his brother have anything to do with Elizabeth's disappearance and that she will be returning soon.

"When Elizabeth comes back home," Rosemberg said. "You know hopefully she will be found soon, she will actually clear everything."

Clear everything? Why would you care about her clearing up anything if you were not involved. I'd be more worried about if she came home, how would she be... hungry, injured, psychologically damaged???
There's so many things wrong with that statement, that's just one of them.

Given that English is likely not their first language (judging by the interview on Univision ), I excuse what seems to be poor choice of words. It very well could be a translation "snag".

Given that English is likely not their first language (judging by the interview on Univision ), I excuse what seems to be poor choice of words. It very well could be a translation "snag".

If someone throws the link to the original source at me I can do a translation. If that's not necessary I can also just verify if that's what he actually said.

Rosemberg Salgado, Elizabeth Salgado's uncle, emphasized that some concern has emerged among Latinos that their legal status could be questioned if they approach police with information. The family promised that they have no need to worry.

"(The police) are not worried about your legal status, they are worried about finding Elizabeth," Rosemburg Salgado said. "If this was your niece, you would want the whole world to help you out, you would want everyone to talk and tell the police department what you know."

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=37515935&nid=148

25768703.jpeg

If someone throws the link to the original source at me I can do a translation. If that's not necessary I can also just verify if that's what he actually said.

CosmicLatte,

The family has posts on their #FindElizabeth blog site en Español. If you're feeling like translating, then I'd definitely appreciate your efforts (no pressure)

http://findelizabeth.org/blog

:bow:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CosmicLatte,

The family has posts on their #FindElizabeth blog site en Español. If you're feeling like translating, then I'd definitely appreciate your efforts (no pressure)

http://findelizabeth.org/blog

:bow:

As far as I can tell, those all have English translations accompanying them. Can you point me to the specific Spanish-only posts you're asking about?

As far as I can tell, those all have English translations accompanying them. Can you point me to the specific Spanish-only posts you're asking about?

No, I'm afraid I didn't realize that :blushing:

I just saw the Spanish text and immediately brought the link(s) over here.

:tyou: for clarifying that for me/us :)

:takeabow:

I did find some interviews with the family in Spanish linked on that website, though. I just got home from holiday gift-shopping and my family's about to take a road trip later this evening, but I'll see if I can give them a listen and update the thread with anything significant that hasn't already been posted via English-language MSM.

I did find some interviews with the family in Spanish linked on that website, though. I just got home from holiday gift-shopping and my family's about to take a road trip later this evening, but I'll see if I can give them a listen and update the thread with anything significant that hasn't already been posted via English-language MSM.

:yourock:
:drumroll:
:rockon:
:takeabow:

I usually toss out human trafficking when looking at most of these cases. The person is too old (not a teenager) or other such factors. But even though Elizabeth was 27 at the time of her disappearance she looks 10 years younger. And if she is at a school to learn English maybe her English is not that good. Both are what a trafficker might be looking for - a teenager with little or no grasp of the English language. Fear is the biggest thing that the trafficker can use to control a victim. They can't speak the language, so even if they escape what are the chances they will find someone who can help them. Many in other countries have a fear of the police as well.

I tend to think in this case, more so than others, that she is alive or at least was alive for months after her disappearance. I also believe she could have been taken away from the Provo UT area to (1) avoid someone recognizing her and (2) where she would be in area where those around her would be very unlikely to know the Spanish language.

One year later: Elizabeth Salgado still missing

57116d5aa0ac3.image.jpg

“At the beginning, when I got the notification from my sister that her daughter was not answering her messages, to me, I was shocked,” Rosemberg Salgado said. “I couldn’t believe this was happening.
Now, more than a year later, Rosemberg, waits, hopes and prays every day that his niece, Elizabeth Elena Laguna Salgado, will come home.

On April 16, 2015, one year ago, Elizabeth Salgado mysteriously vanished without a trace. Elizabeth, 27, was last seen about 2 p.m. on April 16, 2015, walking to her apartments at the Branbury Apartments complex from school at the Nomen Global Language Center.

It's been a year?

I remember this case. I thought it would be one that was solved quickly. Sadly, I was wrong.

I hope in the coming year, the family will get answers.

Smart Family Asks for Public's Continued Help in Search for Missing Provo Woman

On Monday, Elizabeth Smart Gilmour and Ed Smart, her father, joined the family of Elizabeth Salgado for a press conference to show support for the missing woman's case that has baffled investigators and the public alike.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...s-continued-help-search-missing-provo-n558196

More from JerseyGirl's link:

There is still a full-time detective assigned to the case, but Provo police say that the stream of tips that came by the thousands a year ago, has drastically slowed. A $50,000 reward compiled from various donations is still being offered for Elizabeth's safe return.

"It's been a frustrating case," Lt. Brandon Post of the Provo Police Department told Dateline this week. "One we really would like resolved in a positive way, and we are still doing everything we can to get that outcome."

RBBM...

It is a relief to know that LE continues to dedicate this resource to Elizabeth's case, a full year after she went missing. As many of us know, this is not always SOP. I hope with all of my heart that a positive break will come to fruition.

#FindElizabeth

:candle:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member