IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO a possible key here as to who BG is is WHy he chose this location. Could be wrong.

How did he know about this place??

And LE would know that because their clothes would have to be wet even if they crossed on a shallow crossing, but we don't what they know.
According to LE, the criminal activity began just after the BG pic at 2.30 pm. I don't believe he could have taken them back across the bridge to the north side as it would have been very difficult and risked being seen. especially adding on the time taken to do this and walk along the cemetery side of the creek to the CS.

I'm like mpnola, my possible epiphanies hit me in the shower (or in bed)...anyway here it is: if by chance he is a "revisitor", it might be killing him that his pic and voice is plastered everywhere, esp in the area.

Fritzl was convicted of negligent homicide for killing his grandson in addition to the sex slavery charges.

If you're stating as fact that no elderly men have ever killed a child, back it up with a study or court records.
I don't think anyone is stating it as fact. We are tryin to find out if a +75 yo has ever murdered two teens in a first violent offence . We have not so far found any fact - that is mine and BOP's point. If there was SA in this case and DNA was found I think it would be even more unlikely.

o

I can't make head nor tail of the scanner thread. I think that you have to be a scanner to understand them.
See if you can find the transcripts for the 14th Feb and have a look. If I can find the page number later I'll post it on here. Or someone might beat me to it.

I thought the discussion was about elderly men being capable of murder. John Walsh at 77 yrs has recently killed a fellow prisoner.
Was this murder about a grudge against the girls rather than a sex crime? Idk. But an elderly gent is very capable of killing for the same various reasons applied to younger male killers.

The girls might be more trusting of an elderly man too. I listened recently to the audio and imo, mystery man sounds over 50 yrs at least, even older.

That's a horrific case. We've had similar cases here in UK of men killing their whole family and pets and themselves. Was it this man's first violent offence at 68?
Eta I see he committed the triple murder when he was 68 and he is 77 now.

So IF BG is the same perp/s from the Iowa case and mirrored dates, when would the next mirrored date or pattern of dates be? (I'm no good at figuring stuff like that out). What's the distance from Iowa to Delphi, other trails etc etc. Can we figure out some type of profile if there is 1 between the 2 cases?
I'll answer the mirror question if I can. If the dates are a mirror of each other then it won't happen again will it? A mirror only has one reflection.

What is the rule on obtaining DNA? If LE comes to your door, you can just say "no" and it ends? Can they wait on you to throw your trash out or a cigarette butt out and take it from you? A "no" would certainly put a person on a short list, would it not?
I see no one has answered you yet so I'll give it a go. The rules are changing on 1 July and all felony arrests in Indiana will require a dna swab. Don't know exactly the rules now but maybe just on conviction. So i think at present in Indiana the answer is you can say no before and after arrest. After 1 July you can say no before arrest, then you will be arrested and they will take the swab. That's my take. If I'm wrong then I am sure it will get corrected by OP. (it usually does).

Shot in the dark, if they're 50ish now, what high school would they go to if they lived in this neighborhood? Or elementary? Maybe they just visited as a kid...property records...man sux bc maybe there's no documented link of anything...for all we know he visited someone here, etc.
There's a lot of reunion pics for Delphi High School on the net if you google search. On your rope screen shot I have no clue but could you take a picture of the screen then attach it?

As I understand it, DNA from the perp was recovered. I'm an amateur genealogist and have done a few personal DNA kits for Ancestry.com and some others. So have literally millions of other people. Databases exist of millions who have voluntarily presented their own DNA. If someone has thought of this already, I apologize in advance, but couldn't the perp's DNA be compared to those databases?

RSBM. Do people enter their DNA into these databases and agree for it to be used in situations like this?

Until systems are hardened more than they are now, I would be incredibly uncomfortable doing that.

The above is just my opinion.

I'll answer the mirror question if I can. If the dates are a mirror of each other then it won't happen again will it? A mirror only has one reflection.
The next date that adds up to 32 is 6/9/17. Too close for comfort but I doubt if he will strike again so soon. He is probably still enjoying this case imo.

http://wishtv.com/2017/02/24/carroll-co-sheriff-clears-up-misconceptions-on-delphi-double-homicide/

"CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby is clearing up some misconceptions about the Delphi double homicide case released by other media outlets on Friday.

Leazenby said he has never confirmed DNA evidence was recovered in this case and said the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office is still taking the lead in this investigation."

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...riff-clarifies-reports-dna-evidence/98351378/

"DELPHI, Ind. — Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby clarified his on-air comments from a Thursday interview during a Fox59 report, noting he didn't intend to confirm or deny that investigators collected DNA evidence in the double homicide investigation of Abby Williams and Liberty German.

During the interview, Fox 59 anchors asked Leazenby about DNA, and the TV station's report said investigators acquired DNA evidence during the investigation of the case. However, Leazenby said he was speaking about physical evidence in general and not about DNA evidence in particular."

Anyone recall it being said here that there were lot of workers out front of Mears property? Anyone know doing what, when? I think grandson plans a move or recently moved into that place. Workers? Inspectors?

Anyone recall it being said here that there were lot of workers out front of Mears property? Anyone know doing what, when? I think grandson plans a move or recently moved into that place. Workers? Inspectors?

Good Morning all!

Been lurking more than contributing now~~but~~IIRC that may have been in the article that talked about closing the parking area right by the brick house.

This may or may not be related, but I thought I would put this out there because it happened about 2 hours away from Delphi.

A young girl was attacked by 2 men in a Forest Preserve in New Lenox IL.

JOLIET – Forest Preserve District of Will County police are asking for the public’s help in identifying two men who are wanted for questioning in connection with a recent incident on the Old Plank Road Trail in New Lenox.

http://www.theherald-news.com/2017/...f-suspects-in-old-plank-trail-attack/axp5yy2/

I have been pondering on the use of my words Local. I think the perpetrator/s is/are knowledgeable about the Deer Creek Area.

I sort of had some time to reflect and redefine my use of the word Local.

Scenario

I have now quite simply gone from Local to regular visitor who may not live in Delphi but knows the Monon High Bridge Trail and land surrounding it like the back of their hand for whatever reason. I still think the girls witnessed or heard something they shouldn't have done or the perpetrator/s thought they did. IMHO

Kind Regards
Reacher

http://wishtv.com/2017/02/24/carroll-co-sheriff-clears-up-misconceptions-on-delphi-double-homicide/

"CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby is clearing up some misconceptions about the Delphi double homicide case released by other media outlets on Friday.

Leazenby said he has never confirmed DNA evidence was recovered in this case and said the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office is still taking the lead in this investigation."

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...riff-clarifies-reports-dna-evidence/98351378/

"DELPHI, Ind. — Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby clarified his on-air comments from a Thursday interview during a Fox59 report, noting he didn't intend to confirm or deny that investigators collected DNA evidence in the double homicide investigation of Abby Williams and Liberty German.

During the interview, Fox 59 anchors asked Leazenby about DNA, and the TV station's report said investigators acquired DNA evidence during the investigation of the case. However, Leazenby said he was speaking about physical evidence in general and not about DNA evidence in particular."

Pretty soon I'm going to have to count on my other hand how many times 59 has had to retract their statements and/or LE States 59 was incorrect in their published reports. And of course when 59 reports incorrect info, the other media Outlets merely copy it as it seems that's what many journalists to do these days.

SMH

The next date that adds up to 32 is 6/9/17. Too close for comfort but I doubt if he will strike again so soon. He is probably still enjoying this case imo.
There would be at least one day per month that adds up to 32 so it can't be that I hope.

I'm sure this has been seen by many here but I thought it was interesting because some people have thought that the murderer may have been a transient.I am in no way accusing the man in the video but thought it was interesting as how easily people let him into their home. http://youtube.com/watch?v=E2lXakPydlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173