Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
His friends list is quite interesting as well. I don't think it tells us anything about the kidnapping of Yingying, but it does show his commitment to spending time playing video games. I wonder if he an introverted person, or extremely anti social.

IMO only...
What I find interesting is within the last year he dropped out of the PhD program, took non Physics classes to complete his degree, and then spent all these hours on video games.

In the affidavit, he also said he was "driving around campus"
he graduated in May , IMO he has been cruising seeking out a victim.

I am not a Psychologist or even close but something triggered this chain of events.

My hope is he will tell LE what he did with Yingying

Could he have put chloroform on her to incapacitate her? Problem with that is then he could not very well get her into apartment in broad daylight unless it was never true she was in the apartment. More likely is he told her he was moving out and had apartment for rent. If she was walking and talking, wouldn't she have screamed? I always recall an Oprah show where they said never let the perp move you to a second location - do whatever you can to avoid that because nothing good ever comes from going to the second location. I think if she was ok she would have done all she could to run away. I am not sure how open his apartment complex was- was it a complex or a sole apartment on a lonely road?

Do we know if the apartment she was going to see was at a complex? If at a complex the rental office is open all day long so I don't see where there would be a huge rush if a little late. If instead it was a private apartment where someone would be waiting for her (like a condo owned by someone that someone rents out) she would be in more of a rush. What do locals know about this particular apartment complex she was going to?

If indeed he was moving out that could explain why any roommate/living companion (if any) was not around. Maybe he was on last days of lease and was in process of moving out if he ended school a few weeks ago.

Its interesting that the article's title indicates that the man in the photograph is BC, yet the caption under the photograph to the right of the article states:
Accused kidnapper Brendt Christensen, 28, was allegedly in attendance for the walk Thursday, June 29, 2017, for UI scholar Yingying Zhang Thursday evening at Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, Urbana. He is believed to be among the crowd in the top right in this image.
(emphasis in bold by myself)

Could he have put chloroform on her to incapacitate her? Problem with that is then he could not very well get her into apartment in broad daylight unless it was never true she was in the apartment. More likely is he told her he was moving out and had apartment for rent. If she was walking and talking, wouldn't she have screamed? I always recall an Oprah show where they said never let the perp move you to a second location - do whatever you can to avoid that because nothing good ever comes from going to the second location. I think if she was ok she would have done all she could to run away. I am not sure how open his apartment complex was- was it a complex or a sole apartment on a lonely road?

Do we know if the apartment she was going to see was at a complex? If at a complex the rental office is open all day long so I don't see where there would be a huge rush if a little late. If instead it was a private apartment where someone would be waiting for her (like a condo owned by someone that someone rents out) she would be in more of a rush. What do locals know about this particular apartment complex she was going to?

If indeed he was moving out that could explain why any roommate/living companion (if any) was not around. Maybe he was on last days of lease and was in process of moving out if he ended school a few weeks ago.

One North is a very large complex, located right off Lincoln avenue, very common rental for college students like miss zhang, and near a busy area.

Stonegate, another fairly large apartment complex, located right off Springfield Avenue, again a very very busy area. It’s just boggling my mind how in the world he ever got her in that apartment without alerting someone, the odds of every single neighbor being gone in his unit, is slim to none.

It's bizarre that he spent all this time in college, suddenly dropped out of the PhD program, graduated in May 2017 with his MS after finishing the final 1-2 non-major (not physics related) classes, then didn't tell anyone about pursuit of work? No career goals? He just started playing video games and plotting kidnappings?

yeah, so many gaps to fill in??? The court arraignment is tomorrow (Mon.) at 10am -- don't know if we'll learn much new from it or not (maybe at least hear what he's pleading?)... anyone know if it will be covered/livestreamed by media or how quickly we'll hear content of it?

You know, if I were her, I would be waiting on the wrong side of the road for the bus too. We drive on the left. When I was in the US. I always went to the wrong side of the car to get into the passenger seat.

The Chinese don't drive on the left. That's Japan and Hong Kong.

One North is a very large complex, located right off Lincoln avenue, very common rental for college students like miss zhang, and near a busy area.

Stonegate, another fairly large apartment complex, located right off Springfield Avenue, again a very very busy area. It’s just boggling my mind how in the world he ever got her in that apartment without alerting someone, the odds of every single neighbor being gone in his unit, is slim to none.

he either never brought her in or else he moved her at night. Could he have incapacitated her and then moved her around midnight? Or else, he made her feel safe going into the apartment - either he knew her casually or they had a mutual friend and she went willingly to the apartment. i highly doubt this scenario but it would be only one if indeed she was at the apartment in the afternoon. Also, could she have had a friend who was a neighbor at the apartment? he could have said, hey your friend so and so is upstairs. That may be the only way she would have went willingly.

The other scenario would be a gun. or knife. Still I think she would have fought back but when your in the situation one could freeze and go into survival mode and not take actions that one would think one would take.

yeah, so many gaps to fill in??? The court arraignment is tomorrow (Mon.) at 10am -- don't know if we'll learn much new from it or not (maybe at least hear what he's pleading?)... anyone know if it will be covered/livestreamed by media or how quickly we'll hear content of it?

I don't think BC will enter a plea on Monday. Usually the defendant enters a plea at their arraignment, but I guess things are done different at the federal level:

Under the United States Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure, "arraignment shall [consist of an] open...reading [of] the indictment...to the defendant...and call[] on him to plead thereto. He/she shall be given a copy of the indictment...before he/she is called upon to plead."[SUP][5]
[/SUP]In federal courts, arraignment takes place in two stages. The first is called the initial arraignment and must take place within 48 hours of an individual's arrest, 72 hours if the individual was arrested on the weekend and not able to go before a judge until Monday.[SUP][6][/SUP]During this arraignment the defendant is informed of the pending legal charges and is informed of his or her right to retain counsel. The presiding judge also decides at what amount, if any, to set bail. During the second arraignment, a post-indictment arraignment or PIA, the defendant is allowed to enter a plea.

I read.upthread that BC's roommate signed the OK to search the apt, and LE removed several large boxes. Could he have possibly brought her into his apartment concealed inside? This makes me sick.

#20 on Page 9

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...christensen-affidavit-20170630-htmlstory.html

UIUC alum here. I am not familiar with this particular apartment complex, but it is on University Avenue, which is a busy street at any time.

I too have been thinking about why he was still on campus, since UIUC's graduation is around May 15. Based on what I know of the apartment rental market there, everything is (or was) an annual lease starting about 8/15. So, if you graduate on 5/15, you are still on the hook for rent until 8/15. The campus is pretty empty during the summer, so there are lots of people paying rent on apartments they are not occupying. A glut of available apartments.....

This then creates a secondary market in subleasing, and you can (or could) sublease an apartment for the summer months for <=50% of the price the initial lease holder is on the hook for. Since he apparently did not yet have a job, my guess is that this was simply the least expensive living arrangement for the remainder of his lease, which I hypothesize would have been 8/15/2017 or thereabouts.

Also, his apartment is far enough off campus (and it's location in Champaign is not optimal IMHO; Urbana is safer, so I imagine more attractive) that I don't think it would have been terribly attractive for someone looking for a sublease.

This is only my conjecture, but I think the most likely scenario for why he was still "around".

Could he maybe have used his wife as an excuse to get her into his apartment? "My wife will know how to get where you need to go, she can help get you there, etc." Women are more comfortable with women. He stated to police she panicked at one point...maybe there was some truth to that...

IMO only...
What I find interesting is within the last year he dropped out of the PhD program, took non Physics classes to complete his degree, and then spent all these hours on video games.

In the affidavit, he also said he was "driving around campus"
he graduated in May , IMO he has been cruising seeking out a victim.

I am not a Psychologist or even close but something triggered this chain of events.

My hope is he will tell LE what he did with Yingying
According to the professor who was interviewed (Lance Cooper???), it sounds like he dropped out of the PhD program last fall. So, whatever went sideways inside of him probably started last summer. I am not educated in psychology so this is just some random guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann