Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is really creepy. Had his picture been in the news before the video was shot?

Seems like so many pictures too...and videos from different angles. I still wonder if that one from the low angle was a LE video.

Thanks! Maybe this was at the start of the event and they were meeting there? Just a guess, of course.

Check this pic .... she may be at the very far back left (about 3rd person over), behind the lady in the green shirt. Probably going to meet up with BC
https://goo.gl/images/CiLwny

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0478.jpg
    IMG_0478.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 570
Video driving around the perimeter of Stonegate Village where BC lived
https://youtu.be/rylm09P0q9g

Video driving from the west side of the gym to Stonegate... don't blink, it's a whole 15 sec ride
https://youtu.be/IFqez4ax-Oc

Please note the abandoned concrete plant in between BC's apartment complex and the Refinery gym. Which is usually empty and used only for storage by a local apartment company, but there seem to be several cars there today... no official law enforcement presence but if there was itd be all over the news... could be searching the plant quietly?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wow thank you for that! I couldn't help but notice the storage units as well.

There's all sorts of wackos who will admit to crimes they don't commit. His "confession" could be bragging to someone for shock value. Obviously, its likely not this sort of situation since they clearly have him in contact with her, but they still have to get physical evidence in a case like this. There's no way a grand jury would even indict just based on words. Even the kidnapping charge wouldn't stick without more evidence because the video shows her willfully getting in the vehicle. The more likely situation is that there is evidence, but they're still working the case and not prepared to reveal anything. He's locked up until the trial which could take years. Most likely he'll get indicted for murder sooner than later and they'll have to do another arraignment and all that. The state will probably bring those charges. I also wouldn't take any stock in what a defense attorney says, he's trying to protect his client in the public eye since a lot of people watching represent a potential jury pool.

There's far more we don't know than we do.

The woman at the vigil looks really uncomfortable. Look at her body language. She is stiff and her head seems to be leaning away from his. Also, his arm is around her but she keeps her arms at her sides.

Maybe he is forcing her not hugging?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe he is forcing her not hugging her ?

Without knowing alot of the details atm (this is simply a hypothetical), one possibility is that she was his 'slave'...sub that he felt he had complete control and dominance over. Possibly known each other a while as he felt he had her under enough control to share his crime. The threats to her safety would reinforce this control and consequences. I would guess that if she was an experienced sub she may have seen his treatment of her as 'off' and not respectful of the true dom-sub relationship - if she was experienced she likely would have run a mile.

He also may have included the kidnap fantasy in their relationship - to show his dominance. She may have thought it was fantasy talk until he confessed.

This idea really has a ring of truth about it, IMO.

Video driving around the perimeter of Stonegate Village where BC lived
https://youtu.be/rylm09P0q9g

Video driving from the west side of the gym to Stonegate... don't blink, it's a whole 15 sec ride
https://youtu.be/IFqez4ax-Oc

Please note the abandoned concrete plant in between BC's apartment complex and the Refinery gym. Which is usually empty and used only for storage by a local apartment company, but there seem to be several cars there today... no official law enforcement presence but if there was itd be all over the news... could be searching the plant quietly?

Does the public have easy access to the plant parking lot, or would you need to be associated with the company to get in (or be LE)?
Also, what are low reddish-brown buildings past the factory? part of same complex or totally separate?

I have never heard of anyone admitted to Ph.D. candidacy at the beginning of the second year. I am going to guess that in this program, students advance to candidacy at the end of the third year, when they do their prelim. From what the UIUC professor said, BC did not make it that far. He still had coursework to take to finish his master's degree.

They do a qualifying exam in their second year, and then do a dissertation proposal in their third year, so maybe it is the norm to take the qual early and then not formally advance until the third year in this program.

I do feel like the term candidacy depends on the program and university. I feel like some people would say they are a candidate after their qualifiers, and then candidate or ABD after they propose. Year 2 is pretty early for qualifiers/candidacy, but mine was the summer after the second year or fall of the third year, so that doesn't seem crazy to me.

Even if the norm for his program was the third year, he would have been a candidate if he took all of his exams (I'm assuming). I work in science evaluation/policy and it's still baffling to me how different every program, university, and field can be with their terminology and practices :tantrum:

FWIW, their graduate program directory just says "graduate students," and his page has been removed from the program directory within the last few days

Correct not in that shot with him.

However in this one she is:
pqI0QaV.jpg

I'm assuming he was at the vigil/rally before he was questioned by cops when he said was playing video games and later changing it to he gave her a ride because she look distressed.

There's all sorts of wackos who will admit to crimes they don't commit. His "confession" could be bragging to someone for shock value. Obviously, its likely not this sort of situation since they clearly have him in contact with her, but they still have to get physical evidence in a case like this. There's no way a grand jury would even indict just based on words. Even the kidnapping charge wouldn't stick without more evidence because the video shows her willfully getting in the vehicle. The more likely situation is that there is evidence, but they're still working the case and not prepared to reveal anything. He's locked up until the trial which could take years. Most likely he'll get indicted for murder sooner than later and they'll have to do another arraignment and all that. The state will probably bring those charges. I also wouldn't take any stock in what a defense attorney says, he's trying to protect his client in the public eye since a lot of people watching represent a potential jury pool.

There's far more we don't know than we do.

I don't think that they necessarily need physical evidence, since they have video of her getting into his car. That said, I doubt there will be a paucity of physical evidence. He hasn't really been much of an Einstein to this point, I wouldn't expect him to be able to commit a crime like this without overlooking something of evidentiary value.

I'm having a hard time seeing this man as a first-time offender. The brazenness of the kidnapping, the bragging afterwords, the look of pleasure while attending the vigil, even the very fact that his first abduction culminated in murder. Goodness, this sounds like someone who has done this before! So, in light of his attorney bragging about his not having a criminal record, I am leaning toward he had not been caught yet. Here is a police complaint of a peeping tom in Urbana on October 27, 2016. The suspect was not identified or caught. https://www.city.urbana.il.us/_Police_Media_Reports/UPD6634.PDF

I know that not all homicidal sex offenders (HSO's) escalate their behavior over time but many do starting with peeping and burglaries.

Took some screenshots from my video. Does it look like this guy standing outside has a vest on? Just trying to determine if it could have been law enforcement.
98a49ccadba14f22c5aa96460d148cdd.jpg
5aa8ca9fe5f61477e6834f8940444452.jpg

The plant is surrounded by chain length fence with a barbed wire top. Gates, I assume, are usually chained and padlocked. But the gap between the gates would.ve large enough for someone to slip in and out.

Those videos are very helpful. While BC might have had trouble getting Yingying into his apartment unseen he may have easily put her into one of those garage/storage buildings.

Took some screenshots from my video. Does it look like this guy standing outside has a vest on? Just trying to determine if it could have been law enforcement.
98a49ccadba14f22c5aa96460d148cdd.jpg
5aa8ca9fe5f61477e6834f8940444452.jpg

It does look like a vest. Good enlargement of the photo. Certainly LE has already checked this plant with cadaver dogs. It looks like a good place to dispose a body or bodies. The area to the right across the street while driving with the dense green bushes and trees should be checked.

I'm having a hard time seeing this man as a first-time offender. The brazenness of the kidnapping, the bragging afterwords, the look of pleasure while attending the vigil, even the very fact that his first abduction culminated in murder. Goodness, this sounds like someone who has done this before! So, in light of his attorney bragging about his not having a criminal record, I am leaning toward he had not been caught yet. Here is a police complaint of a peeping tom in Urbana on October 27, 2016. The suspect was not identified or caught. https://www.city.urbana.il.us/_Police_Media_Reports/UPD6634.PDF

I know that not all homicidal sex offenders (HSO's) escalate their behavior over time but many do starting with peeping and burglaries.

I agree. When I've watched crime documentaries the murderer usually starts smaller and works their way up to murder. I don't believe this is his first crime.

It does look like a vest. Good enlargement of the photo. Certainly LE has already checked this plant with cadaver dogs. It looks like a good place to dispose a body or bodies. The area to the right across the street while driving with the dense green bushes and trees should be checked.

I love the idea that they're checking out the cement plant..and that does look like a vest... but I'm not sure they really could work that place over without an evidence van, could they?

They may never find her--dismemberment seems likely in a case like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz