TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all here for the same reason and that is too see Missy get justice! Jmo, but I think everyone is just giving their opinions on this thread to start a healthy and fair debate. Agreeing to disagree is important. JMO

We all here for the same reason and that is too see Missy get justice! Jmo, but I think everyone is just giving their opinions on this thread to start a healthy and fair debate. Agreeing to disagree is important. JMO

Except this is supposed to be victim friendly. Yet here we are criticizing the daughter for saying she would rather it be unsolved than her dad have to take more criticism. Or claiming BB is lying. Either way, not based in fact and not victim friendly.

Except this is supposed to be victim friendly. Yet here we are criticizing the daughter for saying she would rather it be unsolved than her dad have to take more criticism. Or claiming BB is lying. Either way, not based in fact and not victim friendly.

Posters are just analyzing the interview. Puts BB in a tough spot because anything that is said gets pulled apart. There are so many theories/possibilities in this case. I come to another opinion after I read the article.

Mr. B sent a letter to the media this week. I think it went to one of Nancy Grace's staff members. It's the anniversary week of her murder. Sorry, I can't remember the person's name from Crime-on-line (NG's affiliate) who Mr. Bevers talks too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The murder happened on April 18, 2016. I'm not sure why the article came out but it wasn't the anniversary of the murder.

I know that BB discusses the lives of he and the girls post murder in his interview.

Please be respectful of the fact the girls lost their mother. Please refrain from speculating about their thoughts, attitudes, and frames of mind. They are minors and I think we can all agree that they are victims and deserving of every effort we can make to protect their privacy as much as is possible.

Catching up, thank you for this post. It may get some ws's thought juices flowing. IOW's thanks for a thought provoking post. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
It definitely gets my thought juices going. In my observations, BB, in every single interview he has talked about how everything has affected him; how much he has suffered from the social media. He has probably whined and complained so much about how he has been portrayed on social media and how as a result, he has suffered that his daughter is sick and tired of hearing it and just wants some relief from it.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I don't think there would be any benefit in conjecturing or further dissecting his interview (IMO) - his every word has already been parsed ad nauseum for over a year, to no certain conclusion.

Just my own general take on things: have more than one 'shrink' in the family, also (not surprisingly) have had more than one person with severe depression in our family history, and have observed it intimately. To me, BB comes across as someone who muses much, and opens up his thoughts in a torrent when he senses a listening ear - perhaps more than is good for him, sometimes, but he will do it anyway because it's how he's wired. The way he distances himself and 'intellectualizes' when discussing emotionally laden events (eg. The questions he asked re the murderer) reminds me of a very common tactic used consistently but unconsciously by depressed people. Clinically depressed people will almost invariably answer "I think ____" when asked how they *feel* about something. It's a defense tactic, emotionally. Their brain is in retreat (with intermittent exception) from feeling the emotions that have overwhelmed to the point of messing with their neurochemistry. So BB's launching into the theoretical questions about what type of murderer killed his wife fits--more so than the "why" question normal people have expected in here, a question which would bring up pain and loss. Depressed people can at times also appear to live in a very introspective, self-focused world--but this would be depression rather than narcissism in such a situation. To me it is somewhat cruel to label someone a narcissist if there is an established history of depression.

I bring this up not to armchair diagnose him, but to concur with what he himself has already stated publicly concerning his mental health--and to cut him some slack as he is *not* a suspect or even an offically stated POI. If I'm wrong about him, I'll be happier about that mistake than if I'd assumed the worst about him, and then someone else ended up getting charged with Missy's murder down the road.

JMO

thank you ! that is exactly what I wanted to hear at least another person perspective on his statements. Like I said wish I had taken those courses, and I want to add I didnt want to attack him because who knows how one would act in that situation. I guess there is no right or wrong way to act when somethng like this happens. I will pray for their family and I have been thinking about Missy and her family. My mom use to say ' But By The Grace Of God, There Go I". she was very smart and I miss her deeply.

Depression, hummm.. well if he was depressed before i bet it is 10 fold now. I get what you are saying for sure...

thank you ! that is exactly what I wanted to hear at least another person perspective on his statements. Like I said wish I had taken those courses, and I want to add I didnt want to attack him because who knows how one would act in that situation. I guess there is no right or wrong way to act when somethng like this happens. I will pray for their family and I have been thinking about Missy and her family. My mom use to say ' But By The Grace Of God, There Go I". she was very smart and I miss her deeply.

Depression, hummm.. well if he was depressed before i bet it is 10 fold now. I get what you are saying for sure...

Thanks for this, dizzychick. Your mom sounds like she was both kind and wise.

Mr. B sent a letter to the media this week. I think it went to one of Nancy Grace's staff members. It's the anniversary week of her murder. Sorry, I can't remember the person's name from Crime-on-line (NG's affiliate) who Mr. Bevers talks too.

He wants everybody to pray on August 8th I believe, it's Missy's birthday. Good idea since there is nothing anyone can do at this point but wait and keep the faith this case will be resolved. If you are a believer like I am there really is power in prayer. I read this small little book called " Embraced By The Light" It is about a lady who had surgery and coded for 45 minutes from blood loss I think, she says she had an out of body experience and went to heaven briefly. She met Jesus and she looked back on earth and saw all these light beams, some were brighter than others so she asked Jesus what the lights were and why were some so much brigther than others. He told her the lights were peoples prayers and the bright ones were those prayers of mothers. If you are a mom you understand that statement fully. Whether its true or not did not matter to me, what mattered is IMO it proves prayers are seen and heard and they work.

I think statements were made that it was just odd, not a lie just odd but she is a teenager and maybe this is the best way a teen could deal with all that followed the crime. Not an attack just a comment about the statement.

Posters are just analyzing the interview. Puts BB in a tough spot because anything that is said gets pulled apart. There are so many theories/possibilities in this case. I come to another opinion after I read the article.

yep and the best statements made were those of the Strickland family... none lol maybe this is the best way to deal with the media/social media ...

Thanks for this, dizzychick. Your mom sounds like she was both kind and wise.

thank you so much, she was and I miss her so much.She was born in 1927 and had no formal education beyond 4 th grade but could write and do math better than me ( not saying much) LOL She had what she called " common horse sense". and she would say of all us here : the more you stir this, more it stinks" so stop LOL LOL

what about that car seen at 2:30 the morning of the crime ? The cops were asking for help in identifying it correct? and then what? I never heard if they gave up or found the driver or what part that car played if any in this tragedy???

Did we ever find out if there is a cam mounted at the street light at Walnut Grove and 287 ? That is a dangerous intersection, many people were killed there over the years way before there even was a street light. And what about the Whataburger? they have web cams? Or is this just info LE has not shared with us>?

If we were to do some criticizing it would not be any family member on my list . I heard from the grapevine the back of that church was not vetted properly and by the time it was if ever the rain washed alot of potential evidence away. I would like to know at least which door the perp exited from and I would guess that would be a simple task since he/she would be at the very least partially covered in evidence and leaving a trail until he got out the door ...

Just pure speculation on my part, but this was a very well planned professional hit and more than likely if true a well paid for hit. The question is who wanted her dead bad enough to arrange this ???

He wants everybody to pray on August 8th I believe, it's Missy's birthday. Good idea since there is nothing anyone can do at this point but wait and keep the faith this case will be resolved. If you are a believer like I am there really is power in prayer. I read this small little book called " Embraced By The Light" It is about a lady who had surgery and coded for 45 minutes from blood loss I think, she says she had an out of body experience and went to heaven briefly. She met Jesus and she looked back on earth and saw all these light beams, some were brighter than others so she asked Jesus what the lights were and why were some so much brigther than others. He told her the lights were peoples prayers and the bright ones were those prayers of mothers. If you are a mom you understand that statement fully. Whether its true or not did not matter to me, what mattered is IMO it proves prayers are seen and heard and they work.

RBBM. Per MB obit her birthday is Aug 9, but I did not see anything referencing MB birthday in the new article from NG. I saw BB saying for people pray for the investigation, but nothing on a specific date that was posted in the media thread .Is there another article? Thanks in advance. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=13488189#post13488189

I agree. I doubt the daughters want their dad scrutinized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member