TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what I have found absent from this case is genuine anger that this lady was suddenly taken from her family - from her children! - in this horrible, tragic manner! I cannot understand this. I don't care that I don't know the details of the autopsy, because I would likely feel even more perplexed. Victims' families can leverage a great deal of community support by expressing their anger and overwhelming determination after a murder. Regardless of garnering support, why wasn't anyone openly mad as hell after MB was so horrendously murdered? I cannot buy into the immediate expression of forgiveness. Religious convictions are respected, but normal human emotions and responses are, as well.

This won't fit into the old "everyone grieves differently" catch all (no offense to you, jane). That phrase is used so often to excuse response that fall outside the norm.

Why wasn't anyone openly angry and demanding? This factor has been prominent for me.
This is what I don't understand. Not only from those closest to MB but the community as a whole. Maybe they are and just not reported about. Even with 1 yr anniversary, very little was even mentioned in local media. (refreshing my reading from few pages back since thread closing)

Just pure speculation on my part, but this was a very well planned professional hit and more than likely if true a well paid for hit. The question is who wanted her dead bad enough to arrange this ???

snipped for emphasis - BBM

If this was a professional hit, why roam the halls of the church? Why not wait outside and do the deed. Or just inside the front door? A bullet or two is quick. I definitely believe it was targeted. What I don't get is why all the drama inside the church by the perp in front of the security cams.

RBBM. Per MB obit her birthday is Aug 9, but I did not see anything referencing MB birthday in the new article from NG. I saw BB saying for people pray for the investigation, but nothing on a specific date that was posted in the media thread .Is there another article? Thanks in advance. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=13488189#post13488189

I cannot remember Oh I think if you listen to the NG recording on that same page the reporter tells about it, its near the end

If this was a professional hit, why roam the halls of the church? Why not wait outside and do the deed. Or just inside the front door? A bullet or two is quick. I definitely believe it was targeted. What I don't get is why all the drama inside the church by the perp in front of the security cams.

well he got there early
it was raining
he didnt want to be seen by passing cars
he knew those cams were there
he knew the outside cam was not working
somebody on the inside had to help with the plan
yes a bullet is fast, clean but there is an element of suffering and drama he wanted to inflict per his employer- just my opinion

well he got there early
it was raining
he didnt want to be seen by passing cars
he knew those cams were there
he knew the outside cam was not working
somebody on the inside had to help with the plan
yes a bullet is fast, clean but there is an element of suffering and drama he wanted to inflict per his employer- just my opinion

BBM I wasn't thinking of that but you could be absolutely right.
So my biggest question...what was the hall roaming about? Thoughts?

eta: how did the perp know those cams weren't being watched in real time?

O/T for a second.. :thewave: Just wanted to give a shout out congrats to liltexans who has been in the trenches with us on the MB treads from beginning and is now.... :drumroll: a Mod! I noticed it a while back but wanted to say it on this thread, where I "met" you! Way to go kiddo! :grouphug:

Originally Posted by dizzychick
He wants everybody to pray on August 8th I believe, it's Missy's birthday. Good idea since there is nothing anyone can do at this point but wait and keep the faith this case will be resolved. If you are a believer like I am there really is power in prayer. I read this small little book called " Embraced By The Light" It is about a lady who had surgery and coded for 45 minutes from blood loss I think, she says she had an out of body experience and went to heaven briefly. She met Jesus and she looked back on earth and saw all these light beams, some were brighter than others so she asked Jesus what the lights were and why were some so much brigther than others. He told her the lights were peoples prayers and the bright ones were those prayers of mothers. If you are a mom you understand that statement fully. Whether its true or not did not matter to me, what mattered is IMO it proves prayers are seen and heard and they work.
Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
RBBM. Per MB obit her birthday is Aug 9, but I did not see anything referencing MB birthday in the new article from NG. I saw BB saying for people pray for the investigation, but nothing on a specific date that was posted in the media thread .Is there another article? Thanks in advance. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...9#post13488189
I cannot remember Oh I think if you listen to the NG recording on that same page the reporter tells about it, its near the end

Ok I will go listen, thanks.
Edit, ok I listened but, no not mentioned in the podcast - which starts at abt 35:00 mark.http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/07/...and-speaks-out-for-first-time-in-over-a-year/ I dislike that NG says as if it were a fact - @36:31 she says MB was brutally beaten in the head, neck,face and stabbed- no where in any SW or comments from MPD has that been stated. I know "neck" wasn't. Nor was "claw hammer" stated by MPD as the murder weapon. She was easier to listen to in that podcast though. And she is correct it could be something that happened years ago that caused the Suspect to do this. Like everyone else, I will be glad when an arrest is made. JMHO

Alan Duke was correct all that we know from SW was from beginning.

In the SW by Cody Moon for iPhone & iPad it states on pg 6/8 and that was signed evening the autopsy completed.

Terri Bevers' had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest are consistent with the tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building.c

O/T for a second.. :thewave: Just wanted to give a shout out congrats to liltexans who has been in the trenches with us on the MB treads from beginning and is now.... :drumroll: a Mod! I noticed it a while back but wanted to say it on this thread, where I "met" you! Way to go kiddo! :grouphug:

Thank you, liltexans! :loveyou:

BBM I wasn't thinking of that but you could be absolutely right.
So my biggest question...what was the hall roaming about? Thoughts?

eta: how did the perp know those cams weren't being watched in real time?

well you know how before many sports games they ramp up, pump the adrenaline, run in place, what else was he to do, get familiar with his surroundings etc

who watches a church in real time? I think he ma have had help. i.e. someone who knew the cams and how they worked or didnt work

Ok I will go listen, thanks.
Edit, ok I listened but, no not mentioned in the podcast - which starts at abt 35:00 mark.http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/07/...and-speaks-out-for-first-time-in-over-a-year/ I dislike that NG says as if it were a fact - @36:31 she says MB was brutally beaten in the head, neck,face and stabbed- no where in any SW or comments from MPD has that been stated. I know "neck" wasn't. Nor was "claw hammer" stated by MPD as the murder weapon. She was easier to listen to in that podcast though. And she is correct it could be something that happened years ago that caused the Suspect to do this. Like everyone else, I will be glad when an arrest is made. JMHO

Alan Duke was correct all that we know from SW was from beginning.

In the SW by Cody Moon for iPhone & iPad it states on pg 6/8 and that was signed evening the autopsy completed.

Terri Bevers' had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest are consistent with the tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building.c

ok im so sorry I do not know where I heard/ read about the prayer but I do know I read it. I had no idea when her birthday was but I am certain I read recently or heard about Bevers wanting a prayer day on her birthday which I thought was a good idea

I have a few musings about this case. As more time passes, I think that the likelihood that someone from the original SWs was involved in MB's death decreases. Some criminals are smart, but they all leave behind clues to their identities. If MPD has done their job and one of the people named on the original SWs was involved, I think that there would have been an arrest by now. Last fall, I sat back and waited to see if there was going to be an arrest. I thought that there was a possibility that MPD was lining up all of their proverbial ducks, but that clearly didn't happen. I still wholeheartedly believe that this was personal and was carried out by someone who knew (or at the request of someone who knew) Missy. I am not even sure where to go from here.

There are also two things that struck me about BB's most recent press release/interview. First, I have not seen anyone talk about what Missy suffered at the hands of SP. I have seen BB lament what Missy's death means for him (multiple times) and for his girls. I have never once seen anyone question what Missy must have thought during those fateful moments. I have not seen anyone lament that Missy was taken from them too soon. I have not seen anyone express that Missy was the ultimate victim in all of this. Where is the outrage at what happened to her? She was killed in a church for crying out loud. The perp was caught on camera moments before Missy's death. Where is the uproar? I cannot comprehend the passive acceptance of this.

Second, both BB and MPD have now publicly stated that they are "waiting" for a person to come forward (MPD made this statement in one of the People articles, I believe). Do these parties actually believe that SP is going to come forward and confess? This crime is not going to solve itself. I want to bang my head against the wall when I hear that they are "waiting" for a break in the case. It appears that everyone is resolved to that fact that Missy is dead and that this may or may not be solved. There does not seem to be any desire for a resolution to this case.

In closing here is a recent article from the NY Post. It doesn't specifically talk about Missy, but it addresses female murder victims.

http://nypost.com/2017/07/21/over-half-of-female-murder-victims-are-killed-by-ex-lovers/

When LE doesn't even know the gender of the perp and is unclear on what the motives were, that's actually doing a pretty good job. Looking at the Teresa Sievers case, that was a hit done with a hammer.

I have a few musings about this case. As more time passes, I think that the likelihood that someone from the original SWs was involved in MB's death decreases. Some criminals are smart, but they all leave behind clues to their identities. If MPD has done their job and one of the people named on the original SWs was involved, I think that there would have been an arrest by now. Last fall, I sat back and waited to see if there was going to be an arrest. I thought that there was a possibility that MPD was lining up all of their proverbial ducks, but that clearly didn't happen. I still wholeheartedly believe that this was personal and was carried out by someone who knew (or at the request of someone who knew) Missy. I am not even sure where to go from here.

There are also two things that struck me about BB's most recent press release/interview. First, I have not seen anyone talk about what Missy suffered at the hands of SP. I have seen BB lament what Missy's death means for him (multiple times) and for his girls. I have never once seen anyone question what Missy must have thought during those fateful moments. I have not seen anyone lament that Missy was taken from them too soon. I have not seen anyone express that Missy was the ultimate victim in all of this. Where is the outrage at what happened to her? She was killed in a church for crying out loud. The perp was caught on camera moments before Missy's death. Where is the uproar? I cannot comprehend the passive acceptance of this.

Second, both BB and MPD have now publicly stated that they are "waiting" for a person to come forward (MPD made this statement in one of the People articles, I believe). Do these parties actually believe that SP is going to come forward and confess? This crime is not going to solve itself. I want to bang my head against the wall when I hear that they are "waiting" for a break in the case. It appears that everyone is resolved to that fact that Missy is dead and that this may or may not be solved. There does not seem to be any desire for a resolution to this case.

In closing here is a recent article from the NY Post. It doesn't specifically talk about Missy, but it addresses female murder victims.

http://nypost.com/2017/07/21/over-half-of-female-murder-victims-are-killed-by-ex-lovers/

very good post and for what it's worth; I think alot of cops just sit and wait for the phone to ring and give them the tip they so desperately need. I don't mean this in a negative way its just how that job works.

I don't think it was a "professional hit" in the sense of a Sopranos-style hitman, but I do believe she was definitely the target because someone wanted her dead. I think only one person was at the church but it's likely more than one was involved in planning.

I think it was for reasons that are personal to the murderer(s) due to the rage shown by using a hammer. I believe it was a rock hammer, a "geo pick", rather than a regular household style hammer.

I also think her head and chest were targeted to attack her appearance. I think whoever killed her was angry about her physical changes including getting in shape and the breast augmentation., and the way they thought those changes had affected her.

I think it's possible the rumors of her having an affair with one specific person were the last straw for the killer(s), but I don't think I can elaborate on that any further here. And I don't mean that it was the spouse of anyone.

I think wandering around the church was just a way to pass time waiting for Missy. I don't think they cared about the cameras at all because they were covered from head to toe.

I have speculated in the past that someone may have done this on Brandon's behalf, without his knowledge or consent. Someone who cares about him and felt like he wasn't being treated right, and they decided to fix it.

Perhaps the killer has done this before or he or she was in their own element that dark rainy am. Obviously the monster roaming the hallways had no fear and I am betting he or she was exposed to this dress up on a daily basis or infatuated with it. The only thing i can agree on in my mind is that this was a personal attack. Bullets do their job but the monster wanted to get up close and personal with Missy. JMO

I agree with your whole post but the RBBM even NG says this in her latest podcast.

My hope and prayer is that it won't take as long as Dylan Redwine father to be arrested, and that they have as much evidence as they have in that case, which they have had. That is another trial I want to watch, hope it is live stream when time comes. Praying that when an arrest is made in MB murder they have it too. Since both are high profile.

Perhaps the killer has done this before or he or she was in their own element that dark rainy am. Obviously the monster roaming the hallways had no fear and I am betting he or she was exposed to this dress up on a daily basis or infatuated with it. The only thing i can agree on in my mind is that this was a personal attack. Bullets do their job but the monster wanted to get up close and personal with Missy. JMO

Wandering the halls of a church waiting is not what I would do. That's why the boldness of that part of the act baffles me. I also know business who have cams set up and they check on them from home in real time after hours. That's my point about parading around in front of cams. Either they knew the set up or they are very brazen to spend time on cam before she arrived. Granted the odds are low that anyone is keeping a live-time eye on church cams, but if I were the perp, I personally would never assume anything.

As far as getting the feel of the place, that could easily have been done ahead of time. And yes, again, I do see this as targeted and personal.

So according to BB, MPD went to Austin for iirc 4 days? Would love to have been a fly on the wall those 4 days and on the drive back to Midlothian. :thinking: when did this happen? Will local media or NG ask MPD for any updates, since this allegedly came straight from BB himself?

From NG Crimeonline http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/07/...and-speaks-out-for-first-time-in-over-a-year/
<snip> Thanks for reaching out. Yes, you are correct- as far as I can tell, there are no new developments in the case. I&#8217;m on the outside of this with only a peep-hole perspective on things, but my impression is there is nothing of any significance occurring at the moment. We are so far removed from the investigation, they could be within easy reach of this person, and we wouldn&#8217;t know. The case was even asked to be presented before a panel of other investigators, and individuals in Austin. Midlothian P.D. obliged, and spent four solid days presenting the case in this rare, and unique opportunity. We are not privy to the outcome of this, but are hopeful it was beneficial to the investigation.

Looking at the perp video again. Here's my take. (I'm gonna pretend I'm in the perp's head). After being a little tired, yet excited from successfully breaking in, s/he leans towards, and puts his/her hand along the wall to balance her/himself (as shown on police video).
Now THIS video begins. S/he opens a door. What's in here? Goes in. Not much to see. Goes back out. LEAVES THE DOOR OPEN!!!
S/he attempts to pry open the next door a little bit. Nah! Not gonna happen. Strolling down the lit hallway IN FRONT OF THE OUTSIDE DOUBLE DOORS s/he is thinking that this is kinda exciting. Then s/he slows slightly as s/he goes around the corner. Now sauntering like s/he's feeling like cool stuff. Feels a bit tipsy, though. Opens the dutch door. Oh, hmm, it's separated. Again, leaves that door OPEN. This is going 'well' s/he thinks. Sauntering some more... down the hall now. Nothing much to see there, either. Back s/he comes. Sees the door across from the dutch door. Going in..... It kinda feels like an expedition. Never been in a church before. Ok, heading out. Ahh, ANOTHER door. This place sure has the doors!! Nothing much is going on now so s/he pulls out her/his hammer....addin' a bit of excitement. Breaks the glass. Satisfied... great tools...these are well worth the money s/he spent on them. Wait!! What?!
Light?! Car?! Who is it? A woman. I can take her.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YUISKYJsJqw

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking at the perp video again. Here's my take. (I'm gonna pretend I'm in the perp's head). After being a little tired, yet excited from successfully breaking in, s/he leans towards, and puts his/her hand along the wall to balance her/himself (as shown on police video).
Now THIS video begins. S/he opens a door. What's in here? Goes in. Not much to see. Goes back out. LEAVES THE DOOR OPEN!!!
S/he attempts to pry open the next door a little bit. Nah! Not gonna happen. Strolling down the lit hallway IN FRONT OF THE OUTSIDE DOUBLE DOORS s/he is thinking that this is kinda exciting. Then s/he slows slightly as s/he goes around the corner. Now sauntering like s/he's feeling like cool stuff. Feels a bit tipsy, though. Opens the dutch door. Oh, hmm, it's separated. Again, leaves that door OPEN. This is going 'well' s/he thinks. Sauntering some more... down the hall now. Nothing much to see there, either. Back s/he comes. Sees the door across from the dutch door. Going in..... It kinda feels like an expedition. Never been in a church before. Ok, heading out. Ahh, ANOTHER door. This place sure has the doors!! Nothing much is going on now so s/he pulls out her/his hammer....addin' a bit of excitement. Breaks the glass. Satisfied... great tools...these are well worth the money s/he spent on them. Wait!! What?!
Light?! Car?! Who is it? A woman. I can take her.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YUISKYJsJqw

This may have been mentioned before... (I haven't been following for long.)

When the perp opens the bottom half of the dutch door (at about 1:02 in the video) it looks to me like they do an exaggerated "Ha!" while throwing their head back.

That strikes me as really odd.

I mean... I think the seam between the two halves would have been visible from their angle. So why was it a surprise that the door would split like that when opened?

I wonder if the perp might be very familiar with the church surroundings, and is pretending that they don't know the place very well. Like they're playing the role of a brash killer who isn't familiar with that kind of door, who might find it slightly amusing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner