Found Deceased ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That will likely change, if they can find evidence enough to support it. Seems like they have a lot of work to do yet. I can't imagine what exactly they are searching for, maybe a murder weapon? Also likely waiting on cause of death to be presented.

At first I thought conspiracy to commit murder was a lesser included of murder, which would make it crazy to charge them with it. They could plead guilty at the arraignment and avoid a murder charge that way.

But I was wrong. So charging them with conspiracy is a smart way to keep them in jail while building a solid murder case.

Your welcome. I pray for a fast investigation to get some autopsy results. Do these suspects realize how bad they are right now? Searchers found her body and the family and boyfriend will have the baby. Was it all worth it? Ending up in jail for the rest of your life, taking away a woman from their family and that baby will never have its mom.

I wonder the same things. It makes no sense? These people are nuts. Also I wanted to echo the thanks to you for your summation. Very appreciated.

They don't have enough or released enough at least to prove who the murderer was.. that is why they are both charged with conspiracy. eventually one will be the actual murderer.

Both can be charged with murder if they both participated in some way. And I think that's what happened.

I still can't over the fact that this baby survived. She's a little miracle.

Seriously. So many times the babies don't survive in such cases. And she was premature.

Luckily Savannah was 35+ weeks. MOST babies do very well at that point and most don't need additional care. MOST. They got lucky, very lucky.

I am guessing they are waiting on the murder charges because they just don't need them right now. They may not even know the cause of death. It may have been a death in the process of abduction... which gets iffy in whether they "intended" for her to die. So they are likely just playing it safe until they get autopsy results.

I wonder if she simply died from the violent extraction of her baby... would that be "murder" in the legal sense? If they didn't stab/strangle/shoot her and she just died from lack of medical intervention. I know it would be depraved indifference, but would it be 1st degree murder? I think so since it happened in the process of a kidnapping. However I definitely see it being argued if they didn't "directly" kill her. You all know what I mean. Yes they killed her, but I'm wondering about the legal side.

I'm guessing yes. Not that it matters. Whatever charges they end up with, they won't be going anywhere.

I'm not sure about there, but here if someone dies during the commission of a felony, you are automatically charged with murder. That said, I fully believe it was always their intention to kill this poor woman.

At first I thought conspiracy to commit murder was a lesser included of murder, which would make it crazy to charge them with it. They could plead guilty at the arraignment and avoid a murder charge that way.

But I was wrong. So charging them with conspiracy is a smart way to keep them in jail while building a solid murder case.

<respectfully snipped>

From following here, and you, for years... I thought the same thing. It's the same event? So why is it wrong? How can they do that without double jeopardy for the same event?

I hope so but don't be shocked if she flips on the guy who did the actual murder and is out a lot quicker then one would think.. I am sure her lawyer Is already preparing the "I was abused and it was all his idea" defense

Of course the cockroaches will blame each other, it's what they do. She'll do no less than 25 years.

:rose: R.I.P. Savanna :rose:

You did not deserve to die; and your sweet precious daughter did not deserve to have her mother taken from her. I am so sad for this outcome!! May your loved ones be comforted during this most difficult time. They did not deserve to have this happen in their lives! Such selfishness from these monsters is unbelievable.

Luckily Savannah was 35+ weeks. MOST babies do very well at that point and most don't need additional care. MOST. They got lucky, very lucky.

I am guessing they are waiting on the murder charges because they just don't need them right now. They may not even know the cause of death. It may have been a death in the process of abduction... which gets iffy in whether they "intended" for her to die. So they are likely just playing it safe until they get autopsy results.

I wonder if she simply died from the violent extraction of her baby... would that be "murder" in the legal sense? If they didn't stab/strangle/shoot her and she just died from lack of medical intervention. I know it would be depraved indifference, but would it be 1st degree murder? I think so since it happened in the process of a kidnapping. However I definitely see it being argued if they didn't "directly" kill her. You all know what I mean. Yes they killed her, but I'm wondering about the legal side.

I'm guessing yes. Not that it matters. Whatever charges they end up with, they won't be going anywhere.

How could it not be murder in the legal sense? They most likely violated her with a knife and she bled to death or died from shock. How is this different to, say, stabbing someone in the lung or kidney or another organ and they then bleed to death?

Edit to add a thought: I was reading about c section yesterday and learned that often babies born by c section need suction of their lungs and airways to help them be able to start breathing. This little girl was very lucky she was able to breath without any professional help. Little miracle she is!

The audacity of these two eejits is astonishing. I can't believe they actually had the infant in the apartment right above the family. Did they really think they would get away with it?

What a heartbreaking situation all around. Life is so unfair sometimes.

So sad but relieved to hear that they found Savanna's body. In some of the cases I follow, people are still missing after months and years. I hope the baby is healthy and Savanna's people will be able to see her soon (if they haven't already)

This case is close to my heart because of my daughter.
Sam is 22 years old and was born at 36 weeks. She had to stay in NICU for 5 days.

I believe in the press conference they said the conspiracy to commit murder is a Class AA felony, which would have a punishment of up to life in prison. Would charging them with murder affect or change anything? Unless it becomes a federal case, possibly bringing the death penalty on the table, life in prison would be the next best case scenario right?

I believe in the press conference they said the conspiracy to commit murder is a Class AA felony, which would have a punishment of up to life in prison. Would charging them with murder affect or change anything? Unless it becomes a federal case, possibly bringing the death penalty on the table, life in prison would be the next best case scenario right?

Well we want life in prison w/o parole in a perfect world if the DP is off the tables.

Three public remembrances for LaFontaine-Greywind are being planned so far &#8211; one a prayer service at 8:30 p.m. on Monday night at Mickelson Field in Fargo, a public vigil at 8 p.m. on Wednesday at the North Dakota State Capitol, and a third for members of Spirit Lake.

The prayer service at Mickelson Field will be followed by a Chinese lantern take off. Family and friends are also asking people to light a red light at their front door or porch for eight nights, the number of nights she was missing.
Chairman Keplin Belcourt is inviting members from Spirit Lake for a prayer vigil for Savannah Greywind, baby and family Monday at 8 p.m. at Turtle Mountain High School football field in Belcourt.
http://www.inforum.com/news/4317843...lp-support-family-savanna-lafontaine-greywind

[h=1]Pregnant Fargo woman &#8216;victim of a cruel and vicious act of depravity&#8217;; Suspects face conspiracy to kidnap, murder charges[/h]
Suspects William Hoehn and Brooke Lynn Crews, who lived in the same Fargo apartment building as LaFontaine-Greywind, will be arraigned on the charges at 2 p.m. Monday, Aug. 28, Cass County State&#8217;s Attorney Birch Burdick said during a news conference to update the public on the case.

The couple will face three charges each: conspiracy to commit murder, conspiracy to commit kidnapping and providing false information to law enforcement, Burdick said.
The charge of conspiracy to commit murder, a Class AA felony, carries a maximum sentence of life in prison without parole, while conspiracy to commit kidnapping, a Class A felony is punishable by up to 20 years in prison, Burdick said. A false information charge is a Class A misdemeanor punishable by up to a year in prison.
http://www.twincities.com/2017/08/2...cts-face-conspiracy-to-kidnap-murder-charges/

If you guys visit the Bring Savanna Home group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1663316423701474/ the post by AL is why searchers went to the area where she was found.

There are too many posts. I can't find it. Been scrolling for 10 minutes ...

But wonderful to see so much support for the family. It's heart warming to read. I hope it helps them a little bit.

There are also efforts now to help the family move out of that apartment building, which I think is a great idea. (I hope it's ok to post this here.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard