Australia Australia - Tanja Ebert, 23, Roseworthy, SA, 8 Aug 2017

I am now convinced that it certainly wasn't Marlis who reported Tanja missing.. news reports say unequivocally that it was a relative, but not necessarily a relative of Michaels.. it might have been someone in Germany who was alerted.... it might have been the half brother, slim chance....

It will be really interesting to know now just when Marlis knew she had to leave the Eyre Peninsular and get up to Oulnina Park, was it on the drive after Roseworthy that he rang Mum?.. when he got home? before he left Adelaide?.... did he say well,, Mum.. Tanja wont be coming home at all ... or...until when?.. until Tanja returned home? until Michael found another wife? until the 12th of never?......

Just whilst I am finding the link..Marlis was born in Hamburg Germany and came to Australia in 1955. I discovered this plus more a few weeks ago but hadn't mentioned it because we hadn't really seen anything of her until recently.. Now looking for links..

https://www.austlit.edu.au/austlit/page/A137931

The full access to link has been broken, but basically it was an autobigraphy written by Marlis whilst on Neptune Island... Michael and his late brother where mentioned in it. Maybe someone has full access to Austlit ..makes for interesting reading.

Thanks Pi Thoughts, it's here at James Cook University, in the PDF File

https://journals.jcu.edu.au/linq/se...leName=&lastName=Burdon&affiliation=&country=

thankyou PI and Symbah for this link....I cant find anything for Burdon M on Austli, that would be Mark, Michael and Marlis...... I found this essay of hers extremely interesting.... .. while it is hard to conclude definitively anything about her, perhaps she was joking about men in general but what struck me as indicative of her general sense of entitlement was, every anecdote she relayed she came out as right and everyone else as wrong. Even the bread and books thrown in the water, which did arrive, except a bit of the book was wet.

Nothing anyone else did turned out totally right....

thankyou PI and Symbah for this link....I cant find anything for Burdon M on Austli, that would be Mark, Michael and Marlis...... I found this essay of hers extremely interesting.... .. while it is hard to conclude definitively anything about her, perhaps she was joking about men in general but what struck me as indicative of her general sense of entitlement was, every anecdote she relayed she came out as right and everyone else as wrong. Even the bread and books thrown in the water, which did arrive, except a bit of the book was wet.

Nothing anyone else did turned out totally right....

Hi Trooper, try this page 44.
https://journals.jcu.edu.au/linq/article/download/3115/3069

the similarities between Tanja and Marlis are really quite remarkable.... I am guessing Mark being born around 1975, when Marlis was 20, then Michael born in 1976,,,he was 41 when he killed himself. Both being the mothers of two young sons at a very young age themselves, both married to Burdons, both blonde, and both of German heritage... quite astonishing, really..... and yet I pick up a distinct coolness between Tanja and her family and Marlis..... she never mentions Tanja except to infer that she is fooling everyone, and will stroll back onto Oulnina Park, and be in big trouble because her loving husband has killed himself over her..

The fact that the SA govt paid for Tanja's parents to come to Australia... that jars a bit with me.. there was money in that station, Michael and Tanja had recently attended a wedding in the Bahamas....no cheap adventure.. I cannot understand why the trustees for the property didn't see to that instantly........

'When Michael and Mark finish their school this year and after
shearing on the station, they will probably end up in Adelaide, too. '

This was written October , 1995.... didn't Mark kill himself at Oulnina Park 1995?........ perhaps during those Xmas shearing sessions she speaks of.

The Burdon family has suffered its fair share of tragedies in recent years. Michael's brother died in 1997. The Adelaide Advertiser reported the cause was suicide.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...anja-Ebert-family-revealed.html#ixzz4sSV4z5Y3
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

the similarities between Tanja and Marlis are really quite remarkable.... I am guessing Mark being born around 1975, when Marlis was 20, then Michael born in 1976,,,he was 41 when he killed himself. Both being the mothers of two young sons at a very young age themselves, both married to Burdons, both blonde, and both of German heritage... quite astonishing, really..... and yet I pick up a distinct coolness between Tanja and her family and Marlis..... she never mentions Tanja except to infer that she is fooling everyone, and will stroll back onto Oulnina Park, and be in big trouble because her loving husband has killed himself over her..

The fact that the SA govt paid for Tanja's parents to come to Australia... that jars a bit with me.. there was money in that station, Michael and Tanja had recently attended a wedding in the Bahamas....no cheap adventure.. I cannot understand why the trustees for the property didn't see to that instantly........

RBBM

I believe Marlis was born in 1940...bringing my link over...look at top of page when you open.

RBBM

I believe Marlis was born in 1940...bringing my link over...look at top of page when you open.

thanks again, I didn't read your first post correctly!.. that makes her about 35 when Mark is born.... I wonder if the those grandchildren she is writing to are from children of her previous marriage, if that is the case?.. or are they stepchildren.. I somehow think not... there are half brothers and sister and stepbrothers and sisters........ does this make any difference?.... who knows.... maybe, maybe not....

this bit in that interview on Today/Tonight, where she states that Tanja is merely missing..... '“I don’t believe it. I think she might still be there somewhere, I think she is on the way.'....... this is the claim of someone clearly deranged, and unhinged, and grief can do that to anyone, I understand that, from experience, but that kind of long lasting denial..... of that kind of depth of irrationality has something very peculiar about it..... a real hint of Tanja being badly behaved, and deliberately mischievious. A hint of a real enemy of a mother in law.

and it seems to me that Marlis is attempting to pre-empt the Police Commissioners Enquiry into the events at Oulnina Park that day..... I suppose evidence from every member of ' the swarm' ( as channel 7 would have it ) would give testimony....

And I think Marlis knows already that the findings are not going to in any way resemble the story she tells.. that they didn't introduce themselves to her, or say hello, or ungraciously locked themselves in the kitchen with Michael , a suspected murderer , and made him look pasty and treated him like an animal, instead of a bloke who thru a momentary oversight, left his wife at Roseworthy and drove all the way home before realising she wasn't in the car... dug around the homestead, using property machinery... being rude, and frowning and cranky and worst of all, not preventing her second son from killing himself.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...claims-Tanja-Ebert-ran-away-not-murdered.html

more of the lightbulb moments of Marlis Burdon.....

She even claims the 23-year-old woman had pulled off a 'practice run' in the months after the couple's wedding which was held on their secluded Outback station, Oulnina.

But Mrs Burdon claims her daughter-in-law went to the Bahamas for a friend's wedding, without the company of her own husband, 41, or their two children.

'I was very surprised that happened straight after the wedding and without Michael and then I realised the situation was quite serious.

'And I think for her it was a trial period of being away – she had fallen out of love with Michael,' she claimed.'

Of course, Mother knows best........ how lucky Michael and Tanja were to have such a psychoanalytical expert in the family, and one, I bet , who wasn't shy about claiming this and that , unsought advice, and just general instruction, day in, day out.....

and....you know, if you try and run away from my son, well. you can expect to be murdered, thrown away and discarded, your children farmed out to other people and vilified by me every chance I get.

Marlis is devoid of dignity and simple human rationale.... what on earth Tanja's mother must be suffering back in Germany, god alone knows..

I have read everything available about this.
I think Tanja wanted a divorce, and they had been discussing separating/divorce. I think husband Michael didn't want HIS two sons to be taken out of Australia, and also he didn't want to lose half of the family property. He wanted to pay Tanja out as much as he could afford and still keep the family property. He also wanted to keep the two boys.
Obviously Tanja had other ideas. THIS IS ALL JMOO.
I also think Tanja had plane tickets booked.......I also think she let close friends/family in Germany know the flights and if she didn't arrive then Michael had killed her........and for them to notify Victoria Police of her murder ........and gave her friends/family the telephone numbers in Melbourne of the Victoria Police to call and report her murder.
THIS IS ALL JMOO.
Someone else has posted somewhere on here ......wondering whether Michael Burdon has ever been married before and whether there was any domestic violence in his relationships. Now we will never know....unless Tanja's friends/family in Germany ever say anything to the press. MOO.

Didn't I read that he had her passport? Wouldn't she need it to go to Germany?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

'An independent South Australian Police Commissioner's inquiry has begun into Mr Burdon's death.'

this inquiry is a thing apart from the Coroners Inquest, and I am not surprised by it being organised.. Some-one in the police group attending that day was not up to speed, ... by the time the police went out and up to the station, the view was already formed that this was not a disappearance, but a murder, and when they got there , the last bloke to have seen her couldn't produce her again.

So they informed him that they were proceeding on the basis of it being a murder , that the body has to be produced forthwith, he being the prime suspect, then , god help us, they 'lose sight of him' momentarily. It is hard to credit how this could happen... in the house , with the children and his mother present.... A few SA coppers will lose rank over this, as it is almost unbelievably nuts..

Maybe he just went to the bathroom, or claimed he was. As previously stated he was not being held at that point. MOO

yes... gone in with him. He was, at that point in time, the only major suspect in the disappearance of his wife.. The wife hasn't appeared from behind the aspidistra , she is not there. He doesn't know where she is, he says. He is the only witness to her last known sighting. Stick to him like glue.. that's why it would have been more than one policeman out there. .. the special Police Commission has obviously been gathered to find out exactly why he wasn't stuck to like glue from the moment the police arrived, and I regret to say, Jen, that a visit to the bathroom wont cut it as an explanation.

He was not yet under arrest

He was not yet under arrest

he was in their custody.. even though it was his property, he was in their custody, which is why, obviously, the Police Commission is holding an enquiry into how come he was able to do this while in police custody..

If Burdon wasn't in police custody, there would be no necessity for an enquiry... ...

One doesn't have to be 'under arrest' to be regarded as being in police custody.. he was being questioned by the police, and no one had apparently directed that the questioning was finished, hence, he was in police custody.

Burdon was very lucky to be questioned by police in his own home............most men wouldn't be , under the same circumstances.. they would be required to present themselves and hopefully, fully creditable evidence of their wife merely spending a few days on the Gold Coast, and not rotting away in a desert grave.

The fact that he hadn't presented himself at a police station was grounds enough to visit him at his home, where, upon entering, he became under police custody while being questioned.. most people in Australia are arrested AFTER being questioned..... it would have been odd had the police arrested him before he was questioned.

Maybe he just went to the bathroom, or claimed he was. As previously stated he was not being held at that point. MOO

yes, he was under police custody.... he was being questioned by the SA police.. that's called 'being held'.. doesn't matter that he was in his own home. .. ...

No where in the world, in countries with the most civil rights, ( and there are quite a few of them , Australia is one , ) do the police have to arrest you before questioning you. And no where in the world , in nations with the most civil rights, when you are being questioned by the police , the police do not escape being responsible for you and accountable for you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back