TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
They shut down communication on this case in May of 2016. They have routinely complained about the "internet detectives" and have told the public that they would reach out to us when they needed us. Still nothing. The lack of media coverage and interest is a bit odd to say the least. I have felt for several months that LE has asked for everyone to stay away, stop asking questions, and to refrain from printing stories. Why?

I am not sure how many of your follow MPD's Facebook page, but they have stopped answering questions about Missy's case. I would be shocked if her case isn't cold.

I am so frustrated that no one is seeking justice on Missy's behalf. Silence won't solve her case.
If someone in LE had something to do with the murder, they could be protecting their own and not pursuing it further. There was no shortage of crooked LE in that local area. We learned that through the arrests that were made in the past.

That's always been one theory that's in the back of my mind.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

If the FBI has stepped away from the case, perhaps they need to step back into it -- unless the MPD is sharing good information with them.

Another possibility: The case is part of a broad criminal investigation touching on other cases that would be endangered if they said too much.

I'm sure this has been discussed but don't remember it. Just came across this search warrant for MB's phone and tablet (which I'm sure is linked more officially elsewhere on WS), and am struck by multiple references to drug trafficking and money laundering investigations. The MPD officer requesting the warrant was trained in drug and financial investigations, and the warrant says info contained in the affidavit is derived, among other places, from info "obtained during interviews with drug traffickers familiar with this drug trafficking organization ..."

What are they talking about? Does MB's case have to do with a drug trafficking organization, or is that somehow incidental to it?

https://www.scribd.com/doc/311488054/Terri-Missy-Bevers-Warrant#

I'm sure this has been discussed but don't remember it. Just came across this search warrant for MB's phone and tablet (which I'm sure is linked more officially elsewhere on WS), and am struck by multiple references to drug trafficking and money laundering investigations. The MPD officer requesting the warrant was trained in drug and financial investigations, and the warrant says info contained in the affidavit is derived, among other places, from info "obtained during interviews with drug traffickers familiar with this drug trafficking organization ..."

What are they talking about? Does MB's case have to do with a drug trafficking organization, or is that somehow incidental to it?

https://www.scribd.com/doc/311488054/Terri-Missy-Bevers-Warrant#

The case has nothing to do with any of that. That's the officer's training, and experience.

I know they cite his training and experience, but it also cites info in the affidavit arising from drug traffickers "familair with this drug trafficking organization." Is that referring only to information about the officer's background?

I know they cite his training and experience, but it also cites info in the affidavit arising from drug traffickers "familair with this drug trafficking organization." Is that referring only to information about the officer's background?
Like KaaBoom mentions, Its boilerplate text that the officer probably copies/pastes into most of his affidavits. I've seen similar phrasing used in other officer's court paperwork (other jurisdictions). Sometimes they can get lazy and not specialize it for a murder case like this if they work drug cases 99% of the time.

Was everyone from the Yoga class looked into? Is it possible she was involved with a married man? I thought the person on the CCTV was female.
I can't believe this case has not been solved yet!!

Like KaaBoom mentions, Its boilerplate text that the officer probably copies/pastes into most of his affidavits. I've seen similar phrasing used in other officer's court paperwork (other jurisdictions). Sometimes they can get lazy and not specialize it for a murder case like this if they work drug cases 99% of the time.

Thanks, I would add that it is kind of disturbing that they used prepared text for a drug warrant, and then just crossed out the irrelevant parts. That shows that their expertise is in drug enforcement, not murder investigations. Which could be the reason there is no progress in this case. We have entire police departments whose main purpose, is to fill up for-profit prisons with people who buy, sell, or use illegal drugs. When they are suddenly faced with having to investigate a murder, they are not prepared for that.

Though personally I don't think that is the reason the case has not been solved, though it could be a contributing factor. I think this case is just unsolvable. Unless someone confesses to the crime, or they arrest someone on an unrelated charge, and then somehow link them to this crime, I don't think there will ever be an arrest.

Thanks, I would add that it is kind of disturbing that they used prepared text for a drug warrant, and then just crossed out the irrelevant parts. That shows that their expertise is in drug enforcement, not murder investigations. Which could be the reason there is no progress in this case. We have entire police departments whose main purpose, is to fill up for-profit prisons with people who buy, sell, or use illegal drugs. When they are suddenly faced with having to investigate a murder, they are not prepared for that.

Though personally I don't think that is the reason the case has not been solved, though it could be a contributing factor. I think this case is just unsolvable. Unless someone confesses to the crime, or they arrest someone on an unrelated charge, and then somehow link them to this crime, I don't think there will ever be an arrest.

JMO, this case has not been solved because it opened up a tremendous amount of side streets with all the ppl associated with Missy plus LE in the area has been plagued with their own drama with non related scandals and corruption.

Rest in peace Missy, justice is coming soon I hope!!!!!

JMO, this case has not been solved because it opened up a tremendous amount of side streets with all the ppl associated with Missy plus LE in the area has been plagued with their own drama with non related scandals and corruption.

:seeya: BBM I agree.

I saw an update on this thread and got happy for a quick second. Still hoping for justice for Missy one day soon!

IMO

The case has nothing to do with any of that. That's the officer's training, and experience.

While the doc may be referring to the officer's training and experience, we also don't actually know for sure if this case involves or will involve any of that training specifically.

Nothing I've yet read has determined this to be out of the realm of possibility, in other words. If there is new information out there that I've missed, though, I'm all ears. :)

While the doc may be referring to the officer's training and experience, we also don't actually know for sure if this case involves or will involve any of that training specifically.

Nothing I've yet read has determined this to be out of the realm of possibility, in other words. If there is new information out there that I've missed, though, I'm all ears. :)

IMHO As you point out, we do not know enough to discern if Missy's death was related to a larger problem of crime in the area. When I take a step back my gut tells me this was a personal attack based on a personal issue certain people/person had with Missy. It seems to me the investigation turned sideways early on due to lack of experience from MPD and lack of physical evidence left by the perp(s). MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was everyone from the Yoga class looked into? Is it possible she was involved with a married man? I thought the person on the CCTV was female.
I can't believe this case has not been solved yet!!

Even though I respect everyone's opinions, I've never thought the SWAT Perp was female. I feel it is just as likely that MB messed with a married man's wife. He was having none of that behavior.

The killer possesses a high IQ. He was not drunk in the Church. He was alert and hypervigilant while on his mission. Perhaps the tapping along the wall was a way of displaying his mission of entry was complete. One down. He searches the interior area because that is what military guys do when in Special Ops. Two down. He placed himself in a position so he could attack off camera. Mission Accomplished.

Releasing the autopsy report would be of value to us. JMHO and all that jazz

Even though I respect everyone's opinions, I've never thought the SWAT Perp was female. I feel it is just as likely that MB messed with a married man's wife. He was having none of that behavior.

The killer possesses a high IQ. He was not drunk in the Church. He was alert and hypervigilant while on his mission. Perhaps the tapping along the wall was a way of displaying his mission of entry was complete. One down. He searches the interior area because that is what military guys do when in Special Ops. Two down. He placed himself in a position so he could attack off camera. Mission Accomplished.

Releasing the autopsy report would be of value to us. JMHO and all that jazz

I wish they would release the autopsy report too, or something else that could help identify her killer. I understand keeping information close to the vest in the beginning of an investigation, but this has gone on far too long! I feel strongly that someone in that town knows something. I wish the police and other LE agencies that have been involved in the case would keep up the pressure and keep this case in the spotlight!

Yep. And when you go back and look at the flurry of SWs in that first week, the very first ones were really sloppy, and the latter ones were more polished and professional. That's because, I believe, MPD did the first ones by themselves and then started getting help/advice/consultative work from other agencies for the latter ones.

It just points up how amateur MPD is/was. They have been swimming out of their depth since the very beginning on this. This department is less like "NYPD Blue" and more like "Andy Griffith". They're not used to investigating murders. They're used to break-ins and drunk drivers, and posting on their FB page about the latest award or promotion somebody won, or how a 3rd grade class brought them cookies.

I wish that from the start, they had turned over the lead on this investigation to an agency with more experience.

Now, now. Andy Taylor would have solved this while making Barney feel that he had helped.

Now, now. Andy Taylor would have solved this while making Barney feel that he had helped.

SwatPerp would be eatin' Aunt Bea's fine cookin', and we'd get to hear The Darlin Boys one more time....

:seeya:

Part of me thinks that the reason the case remains unsolved is because the killer is not connected to MB in any way. LE has certainly interviewed every person she had contact with and pursued those avenues to no avail as far as we can tell.

My theory from early on was that the killer was a vandal/joyrider/opportunistic kinda burglar that got a thrill out of breaking and entering. Maybe he was connected to the church and wanted to "breach their security". I never viewed the location, timing, and method of attack as ideal for a targeted murder.

If my theory is true LE will solve this case by
-finding evidence during a future arrest (possibly b&e, robbery, LE impersonation, peeping, stalking) that can be linked to this case
-further interviews with people related to the church
-someone with knowledge steps forward with information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members