TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hearing there have been reassignments in the detective division at MPD. Does anyone know if true and which detectives are no longer working on murder cases? TIA

But I didn't see Swatperp filled with rage. Why not? Was it because this person really didn't have a tie to her and was hired to do the killing or was this person just cold stone.......evil?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

We watched a calm, cool, individual whose sole focus and intention was to murder Missy and escape without any notice.

We know there were flings, a few of them. Some rock both ways. That is where the danger was for MB.

I do think SP attempted to stop MB from going to Austin that weekend. She needed to: stop all of the CG stuff, quit sexing and sinning, before she died. MB went to CG in Austin anyway. And she died as a result.

ID had a show of a married lady who meticulously planned a once in a lifetime bucket list cruise so she would have a perfect alibi when her husband met his unfortunate demise. $4mm in insurance. People really do try successfully to give themselves the perfect alibi, when plotting a felony murder.

ALIBIS are crucial in a murder investigation. Isn't the husband always the first one suspected when his wife is murdered? Perhaps someone did it for him, without him knowing, until it was a done deed.

Whatever happened to her family, the Strickland's, speaking to a reporter soon? Is that interview still on the table? BB was quick to inform us to watch for it.

Bless the beast and the children :rose:

We watched a calm, cool, individual whose sole focus and intention was to murder Missy and escape without any notice.

We know there were flings, a few of them. Some rock both ways. That is where the danger was for MB.

I do think SP attempted to stop MB from going to Austin that weekend. She needed to: stop all of the CG stuff, quit sexing and sinning, before she died. MB went to CG in Austin anyway. And she died as a result.

ID had a show of a married lady who meticulously planned a once in a lifetime bucket list cruise so she would have a perfect alibi when her husband met his unfortunate demise. $4mm in insurance. People really do try successfully to give themselves the perfect alibi, when plotting a felony murder.

ALIBIS are crucial in a murder investigation. Isn't the husband always the first one suspected when his wife is murdered? Perhaps someone did it for him, without him knowing, until it was a done deed.

Whatever happened to her family, the Strickland's, speaking to a reporter soon? Is that interview still on the table? BB was quick to inform us to watch for it.

That's a plausible theory. A few others are also high on my list!

I'm hearing there have been reassignments in the detective division at MPD. Does anyone know if true and which detectives are no longer working on murder cases? TIA

ezrah, you always have the best questions! I meant to announce that on Abby and Libby's threads.

Please find out who has been reassigned and report back to us. Any changing of the guards is always of interest. I'd like to know if it is considered becoming a cold case. I pray it is on fire!

I went backand in retrospect believe that she was right on one of the issues and probablywrong on the other. Reviewing the reactionof the husband and father-in-law. I nowagree with her that the reactions do appear to warrant further review in thatdirection. My argument was thateveryone responds to difficult situations differently. But I now agree with her that they do notreflect “normal” reactions to a brutally murdered and mutilated family member.

Random middle of the night thought, but on Randy Bever's wife's FB page, her post about her little dog getting killed the week after Missy was killed got more comments and reactions than her post on Missy being murdered.

I *really* feel there was a very pervasive feeling of "Missy got what she deserved" among this family.

Did someone - maybe younger person with accomplices - think to save one of the marriages (NOT necessarily the B.'s marriage)???

Interesting theory and one that could well have happened. That would make me wonder if Missy would have recognized her killer. I always thought the SWAT disguise was as much for Missy as it was for the surveillance camera's.

This killer had a disguise that hid their identity from the surveillance cameras. I would never have thought of such a disguise. I would have worn something such as all black with a ski mask or military camouflage with a ski mask. The SWAT uniform may have caused Missy to pause if it had police on the front and the killer told her not to move.

Regarding the surveillance camera's that still makes me believe the killer had been at the church before and seen the cameras. What puzzles me is how well known was it that the OUTSIDE cameras were not working? The killer could have worn the full disguise to the car and took the headgear off when inside, but an outside camera would have captured the car and possibly the plates. Either this person did some really good planning or they were extremely lucky.

This killer had a disguise that hid their identity from the surveillance cameras. I would never have thought of such a disguise. I would have worn something such as all black with a ski mask or military camouflage with a ski mask. The SWAT uniform may have caused Missy to pause if it had police on the front and the killer told her not to move.

Regarding the surveillance camera's that still makes me believe the killer had been at the church before and seen the cameras. What puzzles me is how well known was it that the OUTSIDE cameras were not working? The killer could have worn the full disguise to the car and took the headgear off when inside, but an outside camera would have captured the car and possibly the plates. Either this person did some really good planning or they were extremely lucky.

IMOO My best guess is a meticulously planned murder of the person they intended to kill.

^^^This^^^ ...one of my theories yet no one comments about "her" possible involvement. And by her, I don't mean Missy's blood relatives, I mean a her that is related by marriage. It's always the other two in the family (by marriage) that are part of the theory, and that people talk a lot about. And, I second your inquiry about the Strickland family speaking to a reporter, why hasn't that happened? Oh, and that prayer day, that was supposed to occur in August. So many twists and turns, this is one of my theories, I, like many of you have several.

Mods, am I allowed to share some pages from John Douglas's crime classification Manuel?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Random middle of the night thought, but on Randy Bever's wife's FB page, her post about her little dog getting killed the week after Missy was killed got more comments and reactions than her post on Missy being murdered.

I *really* feel there was a very pervasive feeling of "Missy got what she deserved" among this family.

No, I just think people can relate more this topic (loss of a pet) than a highly publicized & vicious murder. I've seen overwhelming responses for loss of pets in my timeline and then nothing but the emotionless "RIP" type comments on human death notices.

I know we've all gone back and fourth as to whether SP is a man or woman, I definitely think it's a woman. They have some really feminine mannerisms. But just watching the video again now, I noticed after sp leaves those double doors and carries on to the next door trying to get into it, that sp foot is half raised with their heel in the air. To me that is extremely feminine.

Put me down for the "female" option as well. To me, the gait is not only feminine, but also not particularly athletic. Rather, she seems to be trudging under the weight of the Swat stuff, and also seems to be "heavy" on her feet.

Put me down for the "female" option as well. To me, the gait is not only feminine, but also not particularly athletic. Rather, she seems to be trudging under the weight of the Swat stuff, and also seems to be "heavy" on her feet.

MOO And we can't rule out the possibility of more than one SP MOO

About the license plate that was over-exposed on the surveillance video: some electronic light tables (ELT) have options for pulling data out of the source medium. For example, Remote View is an one such exploitation system. Remote View is often used for GIS (Geographic Information System) work, where people used satellite imagery to do mapping and other related services. Remote View has false color options to pull background information from imagery -- imagery that is very much like the surveillance footage that was over-exposed.

If a Webslueths member does GIS work in their day job, I'm wondering if it is possible to get a clean copy of the surveillance tape and do data manipulation on the license plate portion? Most law enforcement probably aren't that adept on the extent to which an electronic image can be manipulated to extract information from the data layers. GIS is specialized enough that college-level masters programs are offered in it.

Tricya is still accepting donations; getting critical.
Thanks, Mercedes.

About the license plate that was over-exposed on the surveillance video: some electronic light tables (ELT) have options for pulling data out of the source medium. For example, Remote View is an one such exploitation system. Remote View is often used for GIS (Geographic Information System) work, where people used satellite imagery to do mapping and other related services. Remote View has false color options to pull background information from imagery -- imagery that is very much like the surveillance footage that was over-exposed.

If a Webslueths member does GIS work in their day job, I'm wondering if it is possible to get a clean copy of the surveillance tape and do data manipulation on the license plate portion? Most law enforcement probably aren't that adept on the extent to which an electronic image can be manipulated to extract information from the data layers. GIS is specialized enough that college-level masters programs are offered in it.

I would think this suggestion would have more usefulness if made directly to the MPD rather than soliciting it done here.
1 MPD already has unlimited access to the raw data that you suggest to be manipulated (and may not want to give that to anyone else)
2 Even if they don't personally have the expertise for this sort of work, they could hire it done by an expert of the highest caliber if they feel it's worth the effort.
3 In addition, they would know a couple of key things that we don't (and which would impact such a project), which is whether they have already located said car, and whether they feel it matters in any way.

Call them or email them, if you think they need this.

I would think this suggestion would have more usefulness if made directly to the MPD rather than soliciting it done here.
1 MPD already has unlimited access to the raw data that you suggest to be manipulated (and may not want to give that to anyone else)
2 Even if they don't personally have the expertise for this sort of work, they could hire it done by an expert of the highest caliber if they feel it's worth the effort.
3 In addition, they would know a couple of key things that we don't (and which would impact such a project), which is whether they have already located said car, and whether they feel it matters in any way.

Call them or email them, if you think they need this.

Done. I explained the thing to them and suggested they reach out to a local college that has a GIS program. The instructors might be able to manipulate the source image more thoroughly.

Thank you for your suggestion on this.

I am sure they did, but I hope they reviewed footage for several weeks before and watched for anyone looking around more than usual and watched for similar gait. Just in normal times. Not alone in the middle of the night, obviously.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I am sure they did, but I hope they reviewed footage for several weeks before and watched for anyone looking around more than usual and watched for similar gait. Just in normal times. Not alone in the middle of the night, obviously.

You would think LE would obtain the video footage for as far back as the church maintains it. (I certainly hope so anyway.) I'm wondering how far back they can go. Video systems have several factors that limit storage capacity beyond the hard drive size. How many cameras, how many frames per second or minute and if the camera only records when a motion sensor detects movement. I believe in this case I read the cameras were motion activated which means they can store more days of history. If were doing surveillance on this church, though, the latest I would have visited would have been Easter (27 March) and I don't know if the video might go back that far. Easter would have been when the church would have likely had a very large attendance including those who don't attend regularly or come as visitors. A person could have come then with the least chance of drawing attention to themselves as not being a regular. This is assuming this was planned that well, of course.

If you're referring to the gun store, then that is a different item altogether. I can imagine their system goes quite a ways back as far as history.

You would think LE would obtain the video footage for as far back as the church maintains it. (I certainly hope so anyway.) I'm wondering how far back they can go. Video systems have several factors that limit storage capacity beyond the hard drive size. How many cameras, how many frames per second or minute and if the camera only records when a motion sensor detects movement. I believe in this case I read the cameras were motion activated which means they can store more days of history. If were doing surveillance on this church, though, the latest I would have visited would have been Easter (27 March) and I don't know if the video might go back that far. Easter would have been when the church would have likely had a very large attendance including those who don't attend regularly or come as visitors. A person could have come then with the least chance of drawing attention to themselves as not being a regular. This is assuming this was planned that well, of course.

If you're referring to the gun store, then that is a different item altogether. I can imagine their system goes quite a ways back as far as history.
No. I meant the church. It's just seems like they have been there before. I hope something happens soon. It was such a brutal ambush that has video footage. It needs to be solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member