IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing, we do not know how safe DN's daughter/kids have been in his care.
Absolutely. He may be an angel to them...or the opposite and so his online persona attempts to make up and attone for that.

I keep thinking about the show The Fall...about an SK who has a wonderful relationship with a very young daughter...yet murders women and keeps his kill kit above his daughters bed.

I don't begin to understand the workings of the human mind, but past cases have proven that some are capable of justifying anything and also splitting and keeping lives separate.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I hope that TW's family doesn't feel like the murder of their loved one is being undermined, if that makes sense.

While I see what you're saying, there's a part of me that is off put by the rush to label or identify the Delphi killer as a serial killer. A gruesome crime is a gruesome crime, but that doesn't mean the criminal had to have committed previous ones. Same with the instinct to try to link DN now to any other disappearances or deaths on trails. As humans we try to find correlation and categorize to make sense...but murder fundamentally in our society simply does not make sense. So I feel that the fact some don't get a serial killer vibe from DN honestly holds little weight...to have been BG it doesn't require him to have killed anyone else previously. And for those who become prolific killers...they have to start somewhere.

TLDR: I don't get a serial killer vibe from DN but I also didn't from BG's image. And I think that's okay and doesn't discount the possibility of being linked.

I think they are doing two things in the media (I don't see many people here saying it)

1) it's a numbers game. FBI definition:

A
serial killer is typically a person who murders three or more people, usually in service of abnormal psychological gratification, with the murders taking place over more than a month and including a significant break (a "cooling off period") between them.

2) it generates clicks, viewers--its 'sensational'

the 13th and 14th are significant if it turns out he killed the biker Tim Watkins in Colorado.

I couldn't help but notice in the video of him shaking his head in response to the reporter's question, that he starts shaking his head right around when she finishes, "Did you have anything to do with...." He's shaking his head before she gets to the part about the Delphi murders. Not exactly a vehement "no" when she could've been asking him about any one of several things he's currently speculated to have committed: the murder of TM, threatening people with a hatchet, registry violations, etc.

Absolutely. He may be an angel to them...or the opposite and so his online persona attempts to make up and attone for that.

I keep thinking about the show The Fall...about an SK who has a wonderful relationship with a very young daughter...yet murders women and keeps his kill kit above his daughters bed.

I don't begin to understand the workings of the human mind, but past cases have proven that some are capable of justifying anything and also splitting and keeping lives separate.

Interesting, I was thinking more along the lines of maybe they have not been safe in his care, but yikes...good discussion. Thanks guys.

Maybe he exposed himself to the girls and they laughed or called him weirdo or gross! He could have gotten angry and punished them. His former boss said he had a bad temper and the hatchet came out when he got angry at her and her family.
I remember the first and only time I showed my husband the bridge picture and asked him if he saw anything he said it looked like the guy was getting off. He pointed out what he called his hand and said he was holding something. I was glad I wasn't alone in that thinking because it caught my eye as well. However it could just be an illusion. We may never know the answer unless it comes out in court.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

Another thing, we do not know how safe DN's daughter/kids have been in his care.

There is a quote about the domestic violence case (not the current arrest);

"And Katelyn Nations was so afraid of Daniel Nations that she wrote a letter pleading that 'the court not require me to be in the courtroom with my abuser, Daniel Nations. I still do not feel safe or comfortable at even the thought of seeing him.'"

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...-suspect-indiana-no-stranger-crime/713951001/

There is a quote about the domestic violence case (not the current arrest);

"And Katelyn Nations was so afraid of Daniel Nations that she wrote a letter pleading that 'the court not require me to be in the courtroom with my abuser, Daniel Nations. I still do not feel safe or comfortable at even the thought of seeing him.'"

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...-suspect-indiana-no-stranger-crime/713951001/

Wow...

I've been there....ftr, I know how violent DV can be. I remember that fear...anyway, o/t, point is, this says a lot...

Now do I think my violent ex would kill 2 young girls? No, but I guess each case and person is different. It provides an interesting topic of discussion though, does DV automatically make someone capable of committing murder, etc...DN has a history of exposure, etc, so thats an additional important variable imo.

(Ugh, thinking back to my ex now, who knows, he did beat the cap out of me when I was pregnant, isnt that killing a kid? Sure the =%÷# } is! ...sorry, o/t, but for real, makes me wonder!)

(FTR DV has been on my list of traits since day 1, just never thought about all this in such terms, if there was no known prior history of murder, etc (other than possibly TW),.

I remember the first and only time I showed my husband the bridge picture and asked him if he saw anything he said it looked like the guy was getting off. He pointed out what he called his hand and said he was holding something. I was glad I wasn't alone in that thinking because it caught my eye as well. However it could just be an illusion. We may never know the answer unless it comes out in court.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

Oof, if he was doing something like that in the video that would explain why they aren't releasing more of it so we can see his gait or anything!!!

i highly doubt the girls saw him exposing himself and then LAUGHED and he got angry. no way no how. maybe the girls saw him expose himself, but 13/14 year old girls arent that naive. they would most definitely not be laughing. they might be terrified or threatened-- but not laughing.
My friends and I laughed. It may have been hysterical laughter and we were certainly embarrassed, but there were three of us and I don't think it occurred to us that we might be in danger.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I think there are two different conversations going about this.

One conversation thread is wondering why LE didn't catch on to him sooner - and perhaps it is because his prior convictions didn't point to "killer of random girls."

The other conversation is about wondering how in the world he didn't have any prior convictions - perhaps he hid them well or escalated suddenly.

I will not be surprised to learn he has done more than we are aware of in the past. Still, it is baffling how he could seemingly randomly kill not one girl, but two, and hide the crime enough that it wasn't discovered by anyone until the next day. He took what seems like a huge risk.

Still so many unanswered questions on this case.

jmo
His M.O. is a bit interesting. Finding the thread and pulling on it will unravel the crimes he may have committed. SC has an unsolved murder page but I didn't bookmark it, so if it turns out he gets charged with Mr Watkins murder, I'm going to research that list.

http://www.spartanburgsheriff.org/unsolved-homicides.php

http://www.sled.sc.gov/ColdCases.aspx?MenuID=ColdCase

If DN is BG, well, he had SM accounts, so that answers that, if he's old school or new school as far as that goes (I believe we referred to it as "technically saavy"...) I always stated that Isuspected yes due to a possible interest/engagement in child *advertiser censored*.

Eta: I wonder what the BAU thinks about DN so far...

Thoughts ... esteemed Canadian (ex) Colonel Russ Williams, commander of Trenton Air Force base ... no prior criminal history, went for years undetected as a prolific panty thief and escalated overnite to kill 2 women. BTK, another outwardly outstanding citizen, no criminal history.

I thought of the BTK earlier. I was looking at his Facebook and was thinking that his post seemed emotionally unstable and whiny, but not like something I would imagine a serial killer to post. Then I started thinking of BTK, Green River, and all the family men that committed horrific acts against people. Some of these guys are completely off the radar. If this is BG and he did kill, I'm glad he was such a dummy and gave himself up with his stupid actions after the murder of the bicyclist.

It's usually rapes, molestation, killing animals, that sort of thing...though maybe he just didn't get caught or connected to other crimes.

I don't know about that. He seems very violent to me. Violent criminals tend to escalate. There is nothing about him or his conduct (including the jaunt with family) that make me want to exclude him.

But BG always seemed older to me in the actual photos. And the sketch, while it is an incredible match with this dude IMO, the builds don't seem to match. Does the height match?

We shall see I guess.

My friends and I laughed. It may have been hysterical laughter and we were certainly embarrassed, but there were three of us and I don't think it occurred to us that we might be in danger.

Same. my friend and I looked at each other and we laughed. Granted we weren't alone on a deserted bridge, but we found it hard to take seriously, an adult man, standing there, penis in hand,.. Just seemed so...pathetic, as i recall, not really in a dangerous way...

I think they are doing two things in the media (I don't see many people here saying it)

1) it's a numbers game. FBI definition:

A
serial killer is typically a person who murders three or more people, usually in service of abnormal psychological gratification, with the murders taking place over more than a month and including a significant break (a "cooling off period") between them.

2) it generates clicks, viewers--its 'sensational'

the 13th and 14th are significant if it turns out he killed the biker Tim Watkins in Colorado.
Every time bicycles and the 13th get mentioned, I'm back thinking of Lizzie and Lyric.

Same. my friend and I looked at each other and we laughed. Granted we weren't alone on a deserted bridge, but we found it hard to take seriously, an adult man, standing there, penis in hand,.. Just seemed so...pathetic, as i recall, not really in a dangerous way...

I think the first time it happened to me I got really scared. Then the next few times it happened I got really mad and called 911. I had a trail that I liked to hike on right by my house. Same guy would be there on sunny days. I called the cops so many times and yelled for him to put it away. The police never thought it was important. Once they called me back 4 hours later when it was dark to tell me they were in the park and couldn't see him anywhere. I like to believe I'm pretty tough. I've survived a lot of trauma and have some thick skin nowadays. I could handle it, but I was mainly worried about all the teenage girls on the trails and wondered when he would graduate to rape. I still check the local news for the sicko and pray he is locked away somewhere.

I think the first time it happened to me I got really scared. Then the next few times it happened I got really mad and called 911. I had a trail that I liked to hike on right by my house. Same guy would be there on sunny days. I called the cops so many times and yelled for him to put it away. The police never thought it was important. Once they called me back 4 hours later when it was dark to tell me they were in the park and couldn't see him anywhere. I like to believe I'm pretty tough. I've survived a lot of trauma and have some thick skin nowadays. I could handle it, but I was mainly worried about all the teenage girls on the trails and wondered when he would graduate to rape. I still check the local news for the sicko and pray he is locked away somewhere.
I think it makes a big difference when you're alone. That would certainly be a more threatening situation.

I just took a walk. The cold influx of Colorado mountain winter air coming in brought me riiiight back, as it always does, to Jessica (Ridgeway), how the weather felt and was those days. On Oct. 5 it will be 5 years since her abduction and gruesome murder.

How can I be so skeptical based on any lack of (known) prior violent history (DV, TW, hatchet aside, ugh), when there was ARS who did what he did to Jessica and he was only 17 years old?!

Who the heck am I kidding here. Each case is different. He could very well be our guy and my meter is shot. That's my final answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn