IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand why some are doubtful this is BG. When I think of the person who committed this crime, I imagine someone methodical, calm, prepared and focussed on a target; and the recording sounds deep-voiced and in control. Someone like BTK who would seem normal on the outside. Based on DN's criminal history and these recent incidents, he seems impulsive/lacking self control, openly angry or "off" to everyone, and more like a spree killer.

If he did commit this crime, I could see it being a spur-of-the-moment decision when he originally went to the park to de-stress after breaking up with his wife (basing this on his social media re: the outdoors as stress relief and the timeline).

I noticed that post with the picture of the woods and then the pill below it too and found it disturbingly interesting. I thought to screenshot it but then got sidetracked.... now his profile is gone.

I know you guys probably want to kill me, not only does this feel like Jaws but also Wizard of Ozish. Pull back the curtain and woah, you're not this (insert predilection, in my case, master predator skilled older hunter). Guess it shouldn't be a big surprise, this weasel ,oh big man killing 2 little girls...doin gross things...I guess you don't have to be Ted Bundy...
But this guy was not an untrained weasel. He was a Marine! He was a trained predator. Here's the thing- just like police, religious jobs, coaches, teachers, so many jobs- most Marines/ (insert other jobs here) were drawn to it for good reasons
In the case of a Marine, to serve and defend their country. But a small percentage of people are drawn to these jobs for more sinister reasons. I think this was a sick dude drawn to the Marine Corps because of a- the prestige b- the mask to hide behind (I see many people hide behind the mask Of Christianity so people would not suspect them of awful things) and c- in his head, it would be an opportunity to be violent.

Just because his appearance in unassuming, does not mean he hasn't been trained very well in skills that could be predatory. When my son was about 1, it became obvious he never wanted to be chased. My dad said he was the only child he ever met that only wanted to do the chasing. Other kids always say "catch me!" and mine would say "no, you run and I will catch." My friend (a Marine) instantly chimed in "that's because she has a little Marine on her hands. Always the hunters, never the hunted." We all cracked up laughing, but it was true. This dude is trained to chase, not to be chased. I am very curious what his MOS (specialty/ job) was. That would tell a lot about what type of training he had. I also.am going to guess he was dishonorably discharged. That was quite a few nasty arrests while he was at Camp Lejeune for.them.to.let.him stay.

Lastly, I don't think.his wife took part. I Def don't think she was there on the day of the girls. What really pregnant woman would. I think bridge guy (whoever he is in real life) acted alone. I also think it will be in wife's best interest to tell the whoooole truth. Lying about what the gun was for or who usually carried it or anything will only harm her. Don't take any rap for him! Tell the truth and let the consequences fall.where they should.

Im not saying this dude is or isnt bridge guy. Just pointing out hes more capable than he might appear. And he us currently charged with some real.violent stuff. So there is that. That's all my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Could be. I'm trying hard. Still not feeling it lol. Anyway, well see what happens but if anything, I do hope tips don't stop rolling in just in case.

Your posts have enlightened me so many times. You are right to be skeptical IMO. We need the evidence & facts! Hearing this monster speak would also help! :) :)

I saw his Facebook before it was locked down, and I felt as though I was "seeing" 2 different people. On the one hand, he spoke lovingly about his Grandfather being the only father he had ever known and how much he missed him. Poinient stuff. Then practically satanic looks through those sunglasses and the evil was apparent even though it was a photograph. The sense of danger was palpable.
<rsbm>

(rsbm for brevity and focus)

His "DJ" fb is still up:

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005426672072

That Grandpa post was 17May2016...
also on that day, May 17th of last year, there were lots and lots and lots of image-messages posts about second chances, forgiveness, and love coming back... all seemingly directed toward his wife/gf at the time, who apparently broke up with/left him (at that time.)
There are several photos and - perhaps calculated - sweet sentiments over his (adorable) little daughter.
With a few God/PTL-type posts; and Marine brotherhood posts mixed in there...
Might be it was during a time he was trying to be a better man; or perhaps just pretending trying to be a better man.
Only activity since July 2016 was the one single profile photo update on 04Apr17 - this year.
Before that, was last year 30July16 (or maybe will show 29th in the US - I'm across the meridian.)
Don't know if that was all his activity, or just public-sharing only.
Not that any of this means anything, but just for those who are curious, and like to observe, and piece things/timelines together.
...and his page is still coming up. (For me, anyway.)

DN is a POI in the murder of Tim Watkins, the biker on the trail in CO, who was shot multiple times with 22 caliber bullets... just wondering how long it would take LE to determine whether the bullets that killed Watkins came from the same gun that was found in DN's vehicle?

Would getting convicted of an indecency charge and being listed on a SO registry be something that would get a person booted from the Marines?

Would getting convicted of an indecency charge and being listed on a SO registry be something that would get a person booted from the Marines?
I woukd for sure think so! Being a registered sex offender would be a no go, I think. And it looks like my guess was right. This article says he was dishonorably discharged

http://www.wlfi.com/story/36479071/daniel-nations

DN is a POI in the murder of Tim Watkins, the biker on the trail in CO, who was shot multiple times with 22 caliber bullets... just wondering how long it would take LE to determine whether the bullets that killed Watkins came from the same gun that was found in DN's vehicle?
Just a guess, ballistics, 48- 72 hours max. Unless it was a really old gun.
There is a national data base. It's pretty straight forward.
moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The still shot in court I referee to earlier is in this article, if you scroll to the right of the video. The video with the mirror when he covers his face was a twitter video embedded in the article. If anyone has that link handy, I appreciate it. I am.in a place where videos don't play, so I was lucky to see that one and now I can't find it again. Sorry I left yall hanging on that.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-shot-arrested-link-to-indiana-murders-probed

Just going to to work the other side for a sec, what if he is not guilty but figured people might think he was considering the resemblance, and considering he's an RSO he fled...if guilty, he may use this as an excuse anyway.

Idk, it all seems quite neat and tidy in a perfect little package, again, maybe this is what bothers me is that it seems "too clean" (I think I've heard that in the movies before, lol). Or maybe if it's too good to be true? Idk, but then if it walks like a duck...

But boy the circumstantial evidence sure is adding up. The timing of things is starting to stand out more, making him more viable, imo. I know you guys are like, "how on earth can she think it's not him? There only a gazillion very glaringly obvious potentail indicators"? I'm asking myself the same question, believe me. Again, it's all about the evidence, a million "coincidences" won't secure a conviction, obviously, I know you guys know this...I wish I knew what is bothering me so much about this guy...maybe it's the photos of him with his daughter? (But, no, because Ive seen other cases of perps with kids...). His SM? Idk, maybe all the strong medical Marijuana up here has fried my brain. Maybe I've just overestimated him as this skilled, hunter, predator (not that he's not), when in fact he's just a crazed nomad. I can't find the right words...I feel like a dumbass...why don't I feel this guy?!?!

I am still on the fence about this guy too. He looks so much like the sketch, that it is hard to deny he is the one. But I still have some doubts.

I wish I knew more about the DNA or lack of DNA evidence.

Just going to to work the other side for a sec, what if he is not guilty but figured people might think he was considering the resemblance, and considering he's an RSO he fled...if guilty, he may use this as an excuse anyway.

Idk, it all seems quite neat and tidy in a perfect little package, again, maybe this is what bothers me is that it seems "too clean" (I think I've heard that in the movies before, lol). Or maybe if it's too good to be true? Idk, but then if it walks like a duck...

But boy the circumstantial evidence sure is adding up. The timing of things is starting to stand out more, making him more viable, imo. I know you guys are like, "how on earth can she think it's not him? There only a gazillion very glaringly obvious potentail indicators"? I'm asking myself the same question, believe me. Again, it's all about the evidence, a million "coincidences" won't secure a conviction, obviously, I know you guys know this...I wish I knew what is bothering me so much about this guy...maybe it's the photos of him with his daughter? (But, no, because Ive seen other cases of perps with kids...). His SM? Idk, maybe all the strong medical Marijuana up here has fried my brain. Maybe I've just overestimated him as this skilled, hunter, predator (not that he's not), when in fact he's just a crazed nomad. I can't find the right words...I feel like a dumbass...why don't I feel this guy?!?!
I don't think it is about feeling it but about the facts stacking up slowly, ex military, found with an axe and a gun, anger, DV, in Indiana at the time, homeless at the time, loves the woods, RSO, fleeing court dates, matches sketch, height and weight. When the other things are checked (DNA, ballistics, hatchet) that should be the confirmation. This is getting pretty close IMO.

Thanks to all who answered. I just found it bold for CO to come out and say there are similarities when IN hasn't said much at all.
Tobe said he was at a Sheriff's conference in Colorado the week before and had spoken about the case. That may have raised awareness just enough to see a link when spotting those Indiana plates. Sometimes it's that basic police work that catches the perp plus a little help from the public (the friend of Tim Watkins and Libby's photos)

Based on court records, we can say he was definitely in Indiana throughout much of the year and even the two years prior.

According to the Morgan County Jail, Nations was incarcerated from February 24 – 28 of this year. That’s 10 days after Libby and Abby were murdered.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...terest-in-the-murders-of-libby-abby-in-delphi

Nations registered as a sex offender in Johnson County on April 10 with an address at the InTown Suites in Greenwood. He then went MIA.

According to court records, the 31-year-old has been on the run in Indiana since July of this year when he skipped a court appearance in Greenwood, two days after police released a sketch of the suspected Delphi killer.

Some Sleuthers have thought there maybe a connection to drugs in this case. Is it possible with all the drug charges he's been arrested for, could have maybe been there for a drug deal? Could be a viable theory at this point.
I didn't want to bring up the drugs again cos of all the crapola I took for banging on about it before, but perhaps that's how he made enough to live on and why he liked the woods. MOO just saying.

Based on court records, we can say he was definitely in Indiana throughout much of the year and even the two years prior.

According to the Morgan County Jail, Nations was incarcerated from February 24 – 28 of this year. That’s 10 days after Libby and Abby were murdered.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...terest-in-the-murders-of-libby-abby-in-delphi

Nations registered as a sex offender in Johnson County on April 10 with an address at the InTown Suites in Greenwood. He then went MIA.

According to court records, the 31-year-old has been on the run in Indiana since July of this year when he skipped a court appearance in Greenwood, two days after police released a sketch of the suspected Delphi killer.
Hiding in plain sight comes to mind. Then the detailed composite comes out and he skips town. JMO

True (though I didn't know about the children charge you have listed). But still...given the violence of other known perps that LE probably looked at, this guy's rap sheet doesn't scream "Killer of random two girls at one time." The Delphi crime is a huge leap from what we know (at this point) of this guy's crimes.

But, yes, his offenses are gross and violent.

FWIW, I think it's him. My point has been that I can understand why LE didn't catch him before he left Indiana.

justmyeveroshumbleopinion
Its not a huge leap imo. The Soham UK double child murderer is a good example of a perp with only minor priors IIRC ( much less than this guy ) and he hung around during the searches too.

I personally believe it has to be in order to clear those SO so quickly. I seem to remember them taking swabs of the SO and executing SW...70 right off the bat iirc

70 SW executed:

According to Fox 59, investigators in Indiana have served approximately 70 search warrants and subpoenas and checked on the probation status of dozens of sex offenders, many of whom were cleared as suspects in the murders based on interviews, alibis or polygraph examinations.

http://kfor.com/2017/03/13/police-continue-investigation-of-several-people-of-interest-a-month-into-murder-investigation-of-indiana-teens/

DNA from Crime Scene Fast tracked

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...n/news-story/29f37e4becf9bc04350dd22644f9e9cb
It doesn't say cleared based on DNA though only on polygraphs and alibis. :thinking:

Hiding in plain sight comes to mind. Then the detailed composite comes out and he skips town. JMO

Yes, i posted yesterday that i felt the sketch looked more like him then the image from the video retrieved from the phone. I also think he was driving for Ferrands. It's a pig farm, could place him at Indiana Packers plant, just south of the trail. Walking distance.

Ferrand's family rented space to Nations and his wife and child on their Morgan County farm two years ago when the Nations were homeless.

http://www.wthr.com/article/man-who-did-business-with-daniel-nations-recalls-alleged-threats

Eta or given him knowledge of the trail from being in the area before he was let go, could have been camping in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82