MS - Jessica Chambers, Panola County, Dec 2014 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the sex was such a big issue with QT, I would think that he would have raped her before he killed her.I don't doubt that he was bugging her for sex all the time, but I think if there is a motive to kill her, it may be more having to do with drugs. JMO He had 3 women who wanted to get together with him that night......if he just had to have sex with someone. JMO

And, we know from watching the trial that Quinten asked Jessica for sex and when she refused, he didn’t harass her.

Iirc, JC & QT had sex once, with Jessica’s consent.

Imo, QT had desire or reason to harm Jessica.

I may have misspoke. I could have sworn I heard that though.

This is common that people think they heard something when it was actually something else.

Good example.

BBM

So, did the defense put her on the stand and have her testify to this?... Did she tell investigators they had made plans? You're stating it as fact that's why I'm asking...

All jmo.

Just jumping off here as it makes a good segue - not directing toward anyone -

We are seeing so many members posting statements as fact without support lately.

Just for info - AFAIK...

Any post presented as fact must be accompanied by a link.

"To preserve the integrity of the factual information contained herein, Websleuths does not participate in rumor mongering. When claiming something as a “fact,” you must prove it. Be able to provide links to information from approved third party sources; for instance, mainstream media (MSM), law enforcement (LE), and admin-verified case insiders."
Forum Rules

If it is personal opinion it must be made clear in the post ie;. My Opinion Only, Just My Opinion, etc.
Websleuths Lingo

I'm just asking that we not create more work for Mods and end up closing the thread to clean up during this critical period.

As always, if any question about this, just alert any post, PM any Mod or email websleuthscomments@gmail.com.

Let's avoid Mods having to :threadclosed:
And :sweep:

I went back and listened to CHs testimony and did not hear it. Please forgive me, I may have misspoke. I could have sworn I heard that though.

I also listened to JMs testimony again and he did not say that either.

One thing JM did ask JC was "Was anybody else with you?" JC said "No"

So as an outsider looking in on this trial I can only speculate that she came across someone she knew (but not well enough to know a last name) on that road because she said no one was with her.

Who was the man that was at the scene that one of the FR saw and told to leave? He had on one shirt then took it off and was seen walking off in a white shirt. Did they ever run that tag number? Did they ever send someone out to talk to him? These are all questions in my mind.

Yes I know the passenger seat was laid back when they found her and the car. I know QT said they had sex in that car, in that seat, in that position. However when asked if "Was anybody with you" she said "no"

If QT was with her in that car (say from point A to point B) wouldn't she had said yes? She seemed to be answering their question to the best of her ability.

I think it's possible QT did it but not 100% convinced based on the testimony given.

JMO

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

I have trouble with telling a suspicious looking guy coming out of the woods to leave...getting a tag and never following up on it.
Just crazy.

This is common that people think they heard something when it was actually something else.

Good example.

Can go both ways. But in this particular case, the State put on multiple witnesses and who made sworn statements. *they had to if not the Def defiantly would have. That is one of the issues in this case.

They already have the jury instructions in the deliberation room.

this type of thing can confuse a jury....what if they think he was just part of it ....then cannot convict? Anyway it was not a question but looking at the interrogation video.

I have trouble with telling a suspicious looking guy coming out of the woods to leave...getting a tag and never following up on it.
Just crazy.

One that changed shirts at scene, which was testified to be 40 degrees outside. :thinking:

Can go both ways. But in this particular case, the State put on multiple witnesses and who made sworn statements. *they had to if not the Def defiantly would have. That is one of the issues in this case.

i have said this before I think the state should not have put on SO MANY of those first responders...I get why they did to show how horrific her condition was and to pre-empt the defense from doing so but that was alot of Erics.

Interesting conversion about the Judge giving the reporters a stalk of cotton to a white reporter ... uh oh

EXCLUSIVE: In Racially Charged Case, Our Producer Booted After Catching Judge Gift Cotton Stalk to White Reporter
by Ronn Blitzer | 12:12 pm, October 16th, 2017
A bizarre incident took place during the murder trial of Quinton Tellis, charged with burning and killing teenager Jessica Chambers in 2014. It involves a white judge, a potentially racially charged gift to a reporter, and now our producer being expelled from the county after inquiring about the unusual gift.

https://lawnewz.com/live-trials/liv...ng-judge-gift-cotton-stalk-to-white-reporter/

Just crazy.

Just because they didn't discuss it in the trial doesn't mean they didn't follow up on it. They were strategic with what they brought into evidence and what they did not, IMO.

i have said this before I think the state should not have put on SO MANY of those first responders...I get why they did to show how horrific her condition was and to pre-empt the defense from doing so but that was alot of Erics.

Defense probably would have called them if the state did not.

[video=twitter;919952943327141888]https://twitter.com/JBroachWMC/status/919952943327141888[/video]

Judge has called court back into order #JessicaChambers

Jury wants to listen to recorded interviews presented during trial. Likely interviews investigators did with Tellis @JBroachWMC

I hope they ask that question!

On another note, last night I started "choking" on my own saliva while taking a drink of water. Ya know how you do when you swallow "wrong?" I was gasping for air, and since I was in the middle of watching this trial and was alone in my home, I said, "Quinton" and "Eric" out loud while I was trying to regain my breath. My "Quinton" sounded nothing like "Eric." Now, my tongue was not swollen, but just sharing my experience with trying to spit out words with no air going into my trachea!

Would you mind choking again and then trying to say Tellis? Just to be thorough. :thinking: :dance:

Interesting conversion about the Judge giving the reporters a stalk of cotton to a white reporter ... uh oh

EXCLUSIVE: In Racially Charged Case, Our Producer Booted After Catching Judge Gift Cotton Stalk to White Reporter
by Ronn Blitzer | 12:12 pm, October 16th, 2017
A bizarre incident took place during the murder trial of Quinton Tellis, charged with burning and killing teenager Jessica Chambers in 2014. It involves a white judge, a potentially racially charged gift to a reporter, and now our producer being expelled from the county after inquiring about the unusual gift.

The trial is taking place in the deep south, Batesville, Mississippi to be exact, and involves allegations that Tellis, a black man, killed a young, white woman. Race has remained an undertone in the case even though not explicitly part of the trial. LawNewz has been covering the trial gavel to gavel on our live trial network and the case is now in deliberations and legal experts are divided on the strength of the prosecution’s case. Judge Gerald Chatham, a former prosecutor, appears to have befriended a white female reporter who was covering the case. That happens in long trials. What happened in this one, however, is far from ordinary.

At some point on Sunday, as the trial moved towards its conclusion with closing arguments (the jury is sequestered so proceedings continued through the weekend), Judge Chatham gave the reporter a curious gift: a stalk of cotton (pictured below). It’s unclear what the judge meant by giving a white member of the media a gift like this, but the racial connotation of cotton—intentional or not—is hard to ignore.

Things quickly got even stranger on Monday when Jones was actually expelled from the courthouse—and the county—after posting the cotton stalk picture in our website’s chatroom. While she was in her car this morning, Major Barry Thompson from Panola Country Sheriff’s Department approached Jones and knocked on her window. When she opened the door, Jones reported he said, “Ms. Jones step out of the car … we were told you made a racial slur on social media last night is that true?”

“No,” Jones replied.

The official then asked if Jones took a picture, and apparently wasn’t interested in what Jones had to say after that point.

“Before I could answer, he said ‘You have five minutes to get your stuff together and leave Panola County and never come back here again’,” Jones reported that the major said. So to be clear, it appears our producer has been instructed to stay out of the courthouse and county because she posted something potentially embarrassing to the judge. Now the judge may have a perfectly innocent explanation for the cotton stalk gift but it seems even the Sheriff’s official recognized the potential racial implication, and his improper action certainly leads to more questions

We have reached out to both the Panola County Sheriff’s Department and the Judge’s chambers for comment or an explanation and we will update if we hear back. For now, Jones is at her home and no longer in Panola County. https://lawnewz.com/live-trials/liv...ng-judge-gift-cotton-stalk-to-white-reporter/

Only your first sentence showed showed up for me, so I went looking for something about this. I found it, but when clicking reply with quote, I can now see more of what you apparently had there, but was unseen.

so if it doesn’t show up.... here’s the link again:
https://lawnewz.com/live-trials/liv...ng-judge-gift-cotton-stalk-to-white-reporter/

[video=twitter;919961426101276677]https://twitter.com/CCLawNewz/status/919961426101276677[/video]

[video=twitter;919953713682436096]https://twitter.com/JBroachWMC/status/919953713682436096[/video]

Yesterday jurors wanted to look at the store surveillance video so this is different @JBroachWMC

[video=twitter;919961026724093953]https://twitter.com/local24tish/status/919961026724093953[/video]

[video=twitter;919948454956118016]https://twitter.com/CCLawNewz/status/919948454956118016[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24