Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now there are 2 petitions.

Earlier, another petition has been started by community leader Father Thomas Ambalaveli to not hand over the body of Sherin to her parents, and rather to the community, so that a proper memorial and burial service could be done.

Also of interest in the article:

Police are still investigating how Sherin died and how long her body had been in the drainage ditch located nearly 1 km from her home.

So they don't know when she was placed in the culvert. May not have been the night she was killed.

https://www.ndtv.com/indians-abroad...-by-us-petition-for-interfaith-burial-1768404

Are you sure there are two petitions? The one that appears to be written by that priest was actually submitted by the FB guy quoted in the Dallas News story and is the same one mentioned in the NDTV article. From your link:

An online petition, created by 23-year-old Richardson resident Omair Siddiqi, who said he has no connection to the Mathews family, asks for authorities to release her body and allow a group to give her an interfaith burial. The petition received more than 5,000 signatures as of Saturday.

Some people say they signed it to keep Sherin's body in the US. It's unclear how the rumor started that Sherin's body would be sent back to her native India, but there's no indication that's true.

https://www.ndtv.com/indians-abroad...-by-us-petition-for-interfaith-burial-1768404

I'm pretty sure that's the only one. IMO.

Thanks. Her employment; sadly ironic.

I mean this in the most respectful way possible and don't mean to imply anything negative about Sini or how she parents, BUT I can see as a nurse, who works with very very ill patients (I've seen rumors that she at one point worked in the NICU and was amazing), that could be the exact reason WHY she may not have seen or heard anything abnormal in her own child.

By all accounts up until Sherin passed, it doesn't sound like she had any serious health issues, developments issues have been confirmed, but not health issues. So, even if she heard her child cry in the night and went back to sleep, it's very possible that she didn't find it to be an alarming cry that she was used to in the workplace...

To our knowledge WM never alerted her or called for assistance etc, so any cry she did hear likely was trusted with WM and had she been alerted by him that assistance was needed she would likely have hopped into action.

Unfortunately, at this point, it sounds like WM failed to alert her to anything at all and that she woke up and realized Sherin was missing...

I know so many nurses who say things like "I can hear machines beeping when I am at home" or "I have to set multiple alarms to wake up because my brain puts the sounds into dreams of being at work"... I can't imagine a nurse working with babies and kids etc would be quite as "alert" to extra sounds in her sleep if her life has consisted in large quantities of the sounds of babies crying, monitors going off, parents and visitors talking and so on.

This was and still is also a reason why I suggested early on that she may use something to assist her in sleeping, be it a sleep-aid or white noise, ASMR etc... Washing the work noises from the brain so it can actually rest at home would be important.

Are you sure there are two petitions? The one that appears to be written by that priest was actually submitted by the FB guy quoted in the Dallas News story and is the same one mentioned in the NDTV article. From your link:

I'm pretty sure that's the only one. IMO.

Maybe you're right. I somehow got the impression from the article stating: "Earlier, another petition has been started by community leader Father Thomas Ambalaveli to not hand over the body of Sherin to her parents, and rather to the community, so that a proper memorial and burial service could be done." that Siddiqui started a petition after Ambalaveli did---so there were 2. I might have misunderstood.

Maybe you're right. I somehow got the impression from the article stating: "Earlier, another petition has been started by community leader Father Thomas Ambalaveli to not hand over the body of Sherin to her parents, and rather to the community, so that a proper memorial and burial service could be done." that Siddiqui started a petition after Ambalaveli did---so there were 2. I might have misunderstood.

I think a few changes were made after the petition first came out and someone was trying to save face about what it was originally about.

I am just delighted that now “he who shall not be named on WS” can now have his name back and is no longer “fb guy” since he has officially been named in MSM. LOL

YAY!! LOL

I must say that I really did have respect for Omair for what he was doing for Sherin and updating his community and of course the world, but since this petition, things, IMO, have gone too far and instead of trying to stick to facts like he was attempting, it has become very emotional.

Tonight, his FB live popped up and I watched/listened and much of it had to do with people talking about this petition and how Sherin's body has been released but he doesn't know to whom.

I got the impression that he was almost angry that he didn't know and that no one has been told. He reiterated several times that Sini has not been charged and that it's a private matter (which it is) but then continued to say they are still collecting signatures and basically that Sherin is the communities baby..

Up until Sherin was found I was a regular comment-er and questioner on his feeds but this past week the energy has shifted from finding Sherin and bringing her justice to seemingly wanting to punish everyone who "may have" brought her harm, despite evidence/charges. It has become hard to agree with.

The energy outside of WS regarding Sherin seems to be that absolutely no one loved this child at all until she went missing and the community "adopted" her... I think it's great that people who have never met her are praying for her, dropping off gifts, and so on to show respect, but to imply via a petition for the remains that no one loved her like the community did is absurd, and insulting to not only WM and Sini (and older sister), but also to aunts/uncles/cousins, grandparents, church members, school teachers, friends, and so on...

I worry that IF the family does open things up to the public, based on the anger and hateful comments, that Sherin's service will go from a beautiful way of honoring her short life and the love and joy she felt and turn into a place of anger and possibly even violence...

YAY!! LOL

I must say that I really did have respect for Omair for what he was doing for Sherin and updating his community and of course the world, but since this petition, things, IMO, have gone too far and instead of trying to stick to facts like he was attempting, it has become very emotional.

Tonight, his FB live popped up and I watched/listened and much of it had to do with people talking about this petition and how Sherin's body has been released but he doesn't know to whom.

I got the impression that he was almost angry that he didn't know and that no one has been told. He reiterated several times that Sini has not been charged and that it's a private matter (which it is) but then continued to say they are still collecting signatures and basically that Sherin is the communities baby..

Up until Sherin was found I was a regular comment-er and questioner on his feeds but this past week the energy has shifted from finding Sherin and bringing her justice to seemingly wanting to punish everyone who "may have" brought her harm, despite evidence/charges. It has become hard to agree with.

The energy outside of WS regarding Sherin seems to be that absolutely no one loved this child at all until she went missing and the community "adopted" her... I think it's great that people who have never met her are praying for her, dropping off gifts, and so on to show respect, but to imply via a petition for the remains that no one loved her like the community did is absurd, and insulting to not only WM and Sini (and older sister), but also to aunts/uncles/cousins, grandparents, church members, school teachers, friends, and so on...

I worry that IF the family does open things up to the public, based on the anger and hateful comments, that Sherin's service will go from a beautiful way of honoring her short life and the love and joy she felt and turn into a place of anger and possibly even violence...

I also watched it and I got the impression that he was peeved about the article that has been posted and went on and on about it, he was ready to explode.
I don't see how the family could possibly have anything but a private service.

I still suspect she was moved later. Otherwise, an awful lot of people and dogs missed it on various days.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My theory is that her body was originally placed near the big search sight near the college. But her body was moved before LE searched there. That movement may have been why they searched there. Perhaps everywhere WS went that was not work or home or shopping related, they checked out, since they were tracking him with GPS (as per bond paperwork, he had a GPS ankle monitor)/

I also watched it and I got the impression that he was peeved about the article that has been posted and went on and on about it, he was ready to explode.
I don't see how the family could possibly have anything but a private service.

I don't either. You know darn well if it was open to the public, one or more of the people attending wouldn't be able to keep their mouths shut and not shout something out at SM. Why would the family subject themselves to that possibility. I wouldn't.

YAY!! LOL

Perfect post!

Yeh, I think it should be private now. Too many crazies running around. They'd make a circus out of this baby's memorial. I mean, someone put a bottle of milk on their porch. That's sick. Imagine that person and many others showing up to a memorial feeling Sherin is theirs and they have a right to act out.

IMO, they'd done it to themselves. Having a petition, trying to force the family to alllow them to attend the memorial for her will not give the family the warm fuzzies about opening it up to them. It will do the reverse.

Unfortunately, I know a lot of people who have lost babies or children (under 18), and I've noticed there is a pretty even split between cremation and a burial, and not necessarily based on what you would expect as far as religion goes.

So, since Sherin's body has been released, I am wondering if Indian culture would suggest she would be buried or cremated?

I think that in cases like hers where there is already fairly advanced decomposition that cremation would be the most likely, that, and the fact that it would "protect" her from being in the ground etc (which seems to be what a lot of parents who cremate mention), and it would also "protect" her from having any one placing inappropriate things and so on at the grave site.

This is a purely speculative post but I would love to know what may be expected from the culture itself!

I guess that while news is slow I can show a little of my petty side. If I had lived in the area and bought something to put at the tree or culvert I think I would have an issue with these self-anointed “community” taking the item(S) and making the decision of what to do with them. In my opinion that memorial belongs to the family.

In Newtown the PD gathered and stored the memorial items until the families were ready to go through and decide what to do with everything. If something had a specific child’s name it was separated out for that family.

It was nice that they took it upon themselves to keep everything protected from the weather but.....

Maybe i I look at it wrong but if Sini is innocent then when she is ready it all should be there for her. (minus the nasty signs and such) she should be able to give the older girl some of it and take what she doesn’t want to the hospitalor an orphanage or what ever she chooses. Those items were for Sherin. not Facebook couple or fb group woman or whoever. Why take a beautiful gesture and ruin it?

Unfortunately, I know a lot of people who have lost babies or children (under 18), and I've noticed there is a pretty even split between cremation and a burial, and not necessarily based on what you would expect as far as religion goes.

So, since Sherin's body has been released, I am wondering if Indian culture would suggest she would be buried or cremated?

I think that in cases like hers where there is already fairly advanced decomposition that cremation would be the most likely, that, and the fact that it would "protect" her from being in the ground etc (which seems to be what a lot of parents who cremate mention), and it would also "protect" her from having any one placing inappropriate things and so on at the grave site.

This is a purely speculative post but I would love to know what may be expected from the culture itself!

Early on I wondered about cremation since they were of Indian heritage so I did a little research. The Hindus believe that cremation released the spirit to enable reincarnation. However, they bury children and “holy” persons. The reason they bury children is they believe the spirit hasn’t been in the body that long so it departs on it’s own. I found that quite interesting

I guess that while news is slow I can show a little of my petty side. If I had lived in the area and bought something to put at the tree or culvert I think I would have an issue with these self-anointed “community” taking the item(S) and making the decision of what to do with them. In my opinion that memorial belongs to the family.

In Newtown the PD gathered and stored the memorial items until the families were ready to go through and decide what to do with everything. If something had a specific child’s name it was separated out for that family.

It was nice that they took it upon themselves to keep everything protected from the weather but.....

Maybe i I look at it wrong but if Sini is innocent then when she is ready it all should be there for her. (minus the nasty signs and such) she should be able to give the older girl some of it and take what she doesn’t want to the hospitalor an orphanage or what ever she chooses. Those items were for Sherin. not Facebook couple or fb group woman or whoever. Why take a beautiful gesture and ruin it?

I agree with you a million percent!! That stuff IMO is Sherin's and therefore by default like any of her possessions would "legally" go to next of kin. I don't know if there are actual laws on this, but to me removing it or donating it etc is basically desecrating a memorial site, regardless of whether you were the one who started it or not... I DO and DID appreciate the care they took to place every single item safely away before rain and storms and such in the last few weeks, but it blew my mind when I heard that they were likely going to be donating things and such... I strongly believe that stuff belongs to Sherin's family and no one else. Like, it comes across to ME as "sick" that things like the giant posters and stuff with messages of hope and love to Sherin will either be tossed by people who never knew her, or will be setup as like what a shrine inside of a "community leaders" home? It just seems so weird... Like I said earlier, I really respected what Omair and everyone were doing until Sherin was found, but now it seems to have swung to an ugly, bitter and even hate fueled place :( JMO...

Is WM still on suicide watch? I haven't heard or saw anything since he was placed on watch, other than it was for 24 hours and then would be re-evaluated.

Also, when should we expect to see him in court for an arraignment? I am in Canada and to my knowledge we don't do arraignments the way I understand them to be in the states (Where you put in your plea of guilty/not guilty so early). I have seen people put in a plea after 20 months of remands etc after all discovery has been shared and the defense is happy with advising their client based on the evidence, but if I recall correctly, in the USA you put in your plea before much of the investigation is even done, at the arraignment?

Kinda tough watching these things (here or elsewhere) grow kinda spontaneously. Frequently placed in public areas (like roadside memorials where car accidents have been). Flowers and the like are organic, and temporal and handle weather. But the recent trend of placing things like stuffed animals, while meaningful, are necessarily short-lived, don't handle the elements well, and require tending. Not to mention being on someone's private property.

One of Maria Guerrero's videos was at a time when people were about moving the items from the tree closer to the house--after WM's second version of event. And they were apparently then blowing around--bad idea. But there was also a woman there with her child/children putting some things and a sign, and I cringed. But Maria had her read it out loud, and it was really a lovely comforting bit about Sherin being welcomed in heaven or words to that effect. Made me glad. I do hope some family members are able to step in and collect things or deal properly.

Question - do I have this right?

The mother is not employed, and the father is/was at the time of the incident. However, the father has been tasked with getting up in the middle of the night (3am) to feed the toddler while the mother sleeps? But, the father has to go to work in the morning? The unemployed Mom sleeps, but the father gets up despite he has to go to work in the morning?

I must have this wrong?
I have thought just the same.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads