Identified! IL - Cook Co, BlkMale, 20-30, Tats: Cleveland 216, Rubber City Boy 330, NFL, Jun'15 - Michael Rogers

Not sure if this will be helpful or not~~I haven't had time to research it fully....

The Great Lakes Surf Rescue Project (GLSRP) announces its current drowning statistics. In 2017, the GLSRP is tracking 85 Great Lakes drownings. Overall since 2010, the GLSRP has tracked 622 Great Lakes drownings. Full statistics here (74 drownings in 2010; 87 in 2011; 101 in 2012, 67 in 2013, 54 in 2014, 55 in 2015, 99 in 2016, and 85 to date in 2017). Note: * = (+/-) Awaiting 100% confirmation of drowning.

There is information on all the drownings on the Great Lakes as well as UID's pulled and those who have not been found. Maybe we will get lucky and we can match someone from Michigan or another state with this UID. IE: reference Carbuff's mention upthread about the currents pushing/pulling bodies to shore.

http://www.glsrp.org/statistics/

ETA: Scroll down and there is info on 2015. I still say SK. Look at the number pulled in off 31st street.

Talking about 31st~~I believe IIT is down there...

We should also look at colleges. University of Illinois at Chicago and University of Chicago come to mind as well as Northwestern and Loyola. NW and Loyola being on the Lakeshore albeit further north.

Tattoo of the name "Amanda" on upper right arm and a tattoo on right arm of the words "Money over *****es". Tattoo on right forearm - "mob". Tattoo on chest - snake. Goatee.

Michael Curtis Hawley Jr

http://www.trackmissing.org/Cases/Details/684

[FONT=&amp]Date Missing[/FONT]
02/14/2007
[FONT=&amp]Date of Birth
9/27/1985

[FONT=&amp]Age (then)
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Age Now (would be)
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Gender
Male
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Ethnicity
White
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Hair color
Brown
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Eye color
Brown
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Height
5'5
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Weight
150 lbs.

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

SK? Not sure what that stands for. Inbox me if you can’t post here.

Also could the goat head be the Chinese symbol for his birth year? If so I think the years are 1991, 1978 that would fit our guy.

Tattoo of the name "Amanda" on upper right arm and a tattoo on right arm of the words "Money over *****es". Tattoo on right forearm - "mob". Tattoo on chest - snake. Goatee.

Michael Curtis Hawley Jr

http://www.trackmissing.org/Cases/Details/684

[FONT=&amp]Date Missing[/FONT]
02/14/2007
[FONT=&amp]Date of Birth
9/27/1985

[FONT=&amp]Age (then)
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Age Now (would be)
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Gender
Male
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Ethnicity
White
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Hair color
Brown
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Eye color
Brown
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Height
5'5
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Weight
150 lbs.

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Good find, BCA! But the M. O. B. tat is on the wrong arm. No snake tat on chest of the UID either and I don't think the "forgive me" tat that the UID has looks like it could have been a snake previously, JMO.

Luis Cuevas-Martinez went missing June 6, 2015 and UID was found June 10, 2015.

JMO, I don't think that is enough time for the amount of decomp shown on the UID. Luis's tats are Chinese writing and a skull on his arm. Second picture there shows him in a tee shirt that shows his lower arms and they look bare. Assuming that picture shows what he looked like when he went missing, 4 days is not enough time to get all those tats found on the UID. UID's Tats do not look that recent, JMO. Good digging though, keep searching!

Luis Cuevas-Martinez went missing June 6, 2015 and UID was found June 10, 2015.

JMO, I don't think that is enough time for the amount of decomp shown on the UID. Luis's tats are Chinese writing and a skull on his arm. Second picture there shows him in a tee shirt that shows his lower arms and they look bare. Assuming that picture shows what he looked like when he went missing, 4 days is not enough time to get all those tats found on the UID. UID's Tats do not look that recent, JMO. Good digging though, keep searching!

Is Luis the band singer guy? If so, I looked at him too. There are You Tube videos of him singing. He was interesting though. I couldn't find any tattoos lining up with the UID though. Looks as though over time they have changed so that doesn't necessarily rule him out either. I just couldn't find any tat's that were the same.

Is Luis the band singer guy? If so, I looked at him too. There are You Tube videos of him singing. He was interesting though. I couldn't find any tattoos lining up with the UID though. Looks as though over time they have changed so that doesn't necessarily rule him out either. I just couldn't find any tat's that were the same.

Not sure, as I hadn't looked into him any more than looking at the NamUs Claireishere posted above. Here is a comparison of his face and the sketch:

JMO, I don't see enough similarity in the faces. Luis's eyes are closer together, his nose is thinner at the top and chin more rounded than square. Luis was also much heavier than the UID at 200 lbs. Our Rubber City Boy was estimated to be about 122 pounds. We are looking for someone who was much more slender.

I just took another look at Micheal Hawley Jr and, JMO, I don't think he looks similar enough to submit. There are additional pictures of his face at Charley project: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hawley_michael.html

hawley_michael.jpg
hawley_michael2.jpg
hawley_michael3.jpg

Noses and too different, IMO. While he does have a thinner build and somewhat squared chin, I don't think Micheal could be mistaken for Asian. JMO.

I just took another look at Micheal Hawley Jr and, JMO, I don't think he looks similar enough to submit. There are additional pictures of his face at Charley project: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hawley_michael.html

hawley_michael.jpg
hawley_michael2.jpg
hawley_michael3.jpg

Noses and too different, IMO. While he does have a thinner build and somewhat squared chin, I don't think Micheal could be mistaken for Asian. JMO.

2 Thoughts on him Gardener~~I agree there isn't a lot of similarities other than that tattoo. However, I'm not so convinced the sketch is accurate. Especially since we have the white/Asian reporting difference. I think we should keep him on the side list just in case a new sketch changes. Princess Blue was thought to be Hispanic at first, and with a new sketch they now say she is white with some AA ancestry. I think we might have something similar here.

I keep looking at Neal Louis Boware, so thought I would post here for thoughts: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/boware_neal.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/9747/0/

Missing from Akron since 2006. Mixed race-- African American and Korean. Suffered from Paranoid Schizophrenia. Ran away from his mom after a doctor's appointment and possibly jumped off a bridge onto a moving train.

Heights match -- both are 5' 8"
Neal was heavier when he ran away but if he lived on the street, 9 years is plenty of time to have slimmed down.
Neal didn't have any tattoos, but again the years between going missing and the UID showing up is enough time for him to gain them.
His birthday is April 6, which fits with the Aries symbol.

Thoughts? Could he have ran away to Cleveland and then later Chicago?

(ETA: I prefer not to submit, just suggesting here. I'll leave that to someone else if they think this is a good possible match, thanks!)

I keep looking at Neal Louis Boware, so thought I would post here for thoughts: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/boware_neal.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/9747/0/

Missing from Akron since 2006. Mixed race-- African American and Korean. Suffered from Paranoid Schizophrenia. Ran away from his mom after a doctor's appointment and possibly jumped off a bridge onto a moving train.

Heights match -- both are 5' 8"
Neal was heavier when he ran away but if he lived on the street, 9 years is plenty of time to have slimmed down.
Neal didn't have any tattoos, but again the years between going missing and the UID showing up is enough time for him to gain them.
His birthday is April 6, which fits with the Aries symbol.

Thoughts? Could he have ran away to Cleveland and then later Chicago?

(ETA: I prefer not to submit, just suggesting here. I'll leave that to someone else if they think this is a good possible match, thanks!)
I always prefer to suggest here first and then run out the possibility here together. My late night post you guys will have to forgive me in some. I’m usually fighting fatigue and trying to keep up with what I already looked at. I do this in my free time after I get my 4 kids down, so generally my brain isn’t at full capacity. The match I posted last night was clearly not a good one.

I honestly don’t think the composite needs to play a big role in us deciding if someone is a good match. Given the face in the background of the picture I don’t think there was a lot to work with to determine his actual features. I think either one he has long ago been reported missing and has added artwork since then, or he’s completely out of contact with his family and they have not reported him, or if he is affiliated with a gang they may have been the ones to kill him and even though the tattoos are being publicized they are choosing to not identify him so it doesn’t fall back on them. Obviously no indications out guy was murdered but just saying it is a possibility. He could have had drug issues and his family just assumed he would turn up eventually.

Gardener reading on him I think you’re right. Neal could be a good match. Both have DNA on file but what form of DNA they have on file I’m not sure of. I’ve been told there are 2 forms of DNA and only people on the identification side know which form of it they have for each subject.

better to be wrong that silent in this case IMO. I am sleuthing in the background too. Threads like these, with people who care about strangers, give me hope.

Humanity. Y'all have some in spades in here.

I always prefer to suggest here first and then run out the possibility here together. My late night post you guys will have to forgive me in some. I’m usually fighting fatigue and trying to keep up with what I already looked at. I do this in my free time after I get my 4 kids down, so generally my brain isn’t at full capacity. The match I posted last night was clearly not a good one.

I honestly don’t think the composite needs to play a big role in us deciding if someone is a good match. Given the face in the background of the picture I don’t think there was a lot to work with to determine his actual features. I think either one he has long ago been reported missing and has added artwork since then, or he’s completely out of contact with his family and they have not reported him, or if he is affiliated with a gang they may have been the ones to kill him and even though the tattoos are being publicized they are choosing to not identify him so it doesn’t fall back on them. Obviously no indications out guy was murdered but just saying it is a possibility. He could have had drug issues and his family just assumed he would turn up eventually.
I hope you didn't take offense to my critiquing your suggestion. I appreciate all efforts, even tired mom brain efforts! :loveyou:

Gardener reading on him I think you’re right. Neal could be a good match. Both have DNA on file but what form of DNA they have on file I’m not sure of. I’ve been told there are 2 forms of DNA and only people on the identification side know which form of it they have for each subject.

Thanks, I forgot to check the DNA. :facepalm: I have heard conflicting things on how DNA works with NaMus. I guess if they have DNA for both on file there is a good chance a match would have popped up automatically. Then again, they still have the the race of the UID as "white" so I wonder if a mismatch on race will prevent a match on other features? I would hope DNA would be run without any other qualifiers, but I don't have any idea how that works. When I searched for missing people from Akron, Neal's case was one of the first to pop up. In some databases, however, he is only listed as African American and he is mixed race with AA and Korean. This could lead investigators to not even look at him if they were only looking for white or Asian missing people.

I'm really torn on Neal's case because it seems like they think he jumped on top of a moving train and the assumption around the web seems to be that he would have been seriously injured in a jump like that. I also don't know how long a paranoid schizophrenic could manage to hide on the streets. Is it probable? I don't know. :thinking:

ETA: Neal's thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?352042-OH-Neal-Boware-adult-Akron-24-July-2006

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaid28
Back