Identified! IL - Cook Co, BlkMale, 20-30, Tats: Cleveland 216, Rubber City Boy 330, NFL, Jun'15 - Michael Rogers

If they haven't done so already, investigators need to circulate this guy's description around rubber & tire factories in OH, especially Cleveland area, to see if anyone recognizes him.

Thanks, I forgot to check the DNA. :facepalm: I have heard conflicting things on how DNA works with NaMus. I guess if they have DNA for both on file there is a good chance a match would have popped up automatically. Then again, they still have the the race of the UID as "white" so I wonder if a mismatch on race will prevent a match on other features? I would hope DNA would be run without any other qualifiers, but I don't have any idea how that works. When I searched for missing people from Akron, Neal's case was one of the first to pop up. In some databases, however, he is only listed as African American and he is mixed race with AA and Korean. This could lead investigators to not even look at him if they were only looking for white or Asian missing people.

I'm really torn on Neal's case because it seems like they think he jumped on top of a moving train and the assumption around the web seems to be that he would have been seriously injured in a jump like that. I also don't know how long a paranoid schizophrenic could manage to hide on the streets. Is it probable? I don't know. :thinking:

ETA: Neal's thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?352042-OH-Neal-Boware-adult-Akron-24-July-2006

So, I spoke with someone at Namus awhile ago and basically what he said was that the database contains "possible matches" that LE must work thru to rule them in or out. The "possible matches" can include DNA, fingerprints, dental, height, weight, etc.

The system gives like a rank...90% confidence rating, 75%, 25%, 10% and so on and so forth. It is up to LE to look at those who match and rule in or out. If LE doesn't~~then no match can be made.

I posted substantially on this in the LISK unidentified thread, including examples that he gave me. If you search those threads, you should come to my posts regarding same.

Namus will get involved when LE isn't doing the matches and try to work with ME to confirm rule ins or rule outs, but that is usually based on definitive criteria, for example DNA is available for both.

So, yes if there is a strong match~~NamUs should be contacted as well as local LE.

Looks way close to the angel tattoo.

attachment.php

http://www.tattoosboy.com/tattoo/angel-tattoos/page/18/

Attachments

• Capture-angel.JPG
    Capture-angel.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 113
I hope you didn't take offense to my critiquing your suggestion. I appreciate all efforts, even tired mom brain efforts! :loveyou:

Not in the least, more frustration with myself. I typically am really good at checking off the obvious like the dates. We all come across that one person who will post a suggestion for a case like this, and the suggestion is like an 80 year old that went missing in California 20 years before and insist there is a chance lol. I just don't ever want to be viewed as that person.

At Big city thank you so much for that DNA clarification. So do they not have an (Namus) have an automatic database DNA gets run through first? Do we know which form of DNA namus uses?

Not in the least, more frustration with myself. I typically am really good at checking off the obvious like the dates. We all come across that one person who will post a suggestion for a case like this, and the suggestion is like an 80 year old that went missing in California 20 years before and insist there is a chance lol. I just don't ever want to be viewed as that person.

At Big city thank you so much for that DNA clarification. So do they not have an (Namus) have an automatic database DNA gets run through first? Do we know which form of DNA namus uses?

LOL! I'm sure I have posted some of those myself. It's all good, though, your suggestion wasn't that bad. Well worth a look.

So looking at Ohio gangs I saw 187 boys. Any chance the 87 could have a 1 in front of it? I looked and I don’t think it’s impossible.

Hi Claireshere! I'm sorry~~I didn't ask him about that...LOL

...and don't worry about posting the guy that could be 80!!! It happens to all of us~~~if this was easy~~they would all be identified already!!!

So my rabbit hole last night had me reading about arrest of the MOB gang. I can’t say for certainty but I think we can tentatively rule that one out. Every MOB member that I saw that was a known associate all had an MOB tattoo but nothing was spelled out. It said MOB nothing else. Next up it seemed like all of them were convicted of some form of sex crime.

Reading more today. Apparently 5 point stars are blood 6 point are folk. ALl of his are 5 point. So Blood is pretty well established apparently the other tattoos he has can determine what set he is in. So there isn’t the main gang and then individual little groups they call sets.

I sent a FB message to the Cincinnati Ohio Missing Person's FB page to see if they could post the info on the UID on their page in the hopes of someone identifying him. I mentioned the 330, assuming it was an area code and they replied "the 330 is in reference to John the Baptist 3:30 "He must become greater; I must become less" which would follow the other tats he has...not an area code."

Bumping off this post~~~

Just saw that the Missing Person from Ohio FB page has the UID posted as a visitor post.

Bumping off this post~~~

Just saw that the Missing Person from Ohio FB page has the UID posted as a visitor post.

Um...330 is the area code for Akron, Ohio, "the rubber city." I know because I live here, and that's my area code.
216 and 440 are both used in the Cleveland area. I lived there and when I did, mine was 216.

I can't believe they thought it was a Bible verse with a book not listed and no :

Source: me

I found a guy last night that had so many similar tattoos. I was freaking out and then found his obit from 2010.....

I found a guy last night that had so many similar tattoos. I was freaking out and then found his obit from 2010.....

Did his obit say how he died? Sometimes when missing people are not found the family assumes they are dead and even publish an obit/ have a funeral without a body. This is currently happening in the Julia Jacobson case. LE has said they believe she is deceased and arrested her ex-husband but they have not found her body. Her family held a funeral/memorial yesterday. Here is her thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-2-Sept-2017-*Arrest*&p=13749153#post13749153

It's probably a long shot that he faked his death or was declared dead after being missing for a while but thought I would toss it out there if his tattoos match.

Um...330 is the area code for Akron, Ohio, "the rubber city." I know because I live here, and that's my area code.
216 and 440 are both used in the Cleveland area. I lived there and when I did, mine was 216.

I can't believe they thought it was a Bible verse with a book not listed and no :

Source: me

Waterfalllady~~Thanks for posting!!! That certainly is helpful information!

May I ask a question, please?

Is it common for someone from Ohio to support Ohio State by getting a tattoo without ever have attended Ohio State? Could we be looking for someone in the Ohio State Football program at one time? Given the N.F.L. tattoo and the Ohio State tattoo?

TIA!

BCA

Waterfalllady~~Thanks for posting!!! That certainly is helpful information!

May I ask a question, please?

Is it common for someone from Ohio to support Ohio State by getting a tattoo without ever have attended Ohio State? Could we be looking for someone in the Ohio State Football program at one time? Given the N.F.L. tattoo and the Ohio State tattoo?

TIA!

BCA

No. Ohio State football is HUGE here. It wouldn't be abnormal to get an Ohio State tattoo if he were the average Akron or Cleveland resident. About as many people root for OSU here than the Browns, and both groups are die-hard. I don't know about the NFL tattoo.

I do know there are relatively few Asians in Cleveland and Akron, and thats including all the Asians: Indian Asians, what most people think of as Asians (Korea, Japan, China), former Russian territory Asians, etc so that is a huge clue.

This UID showed up on my Facebook feed even though I am not on any true crime sights on Facebook so it's getting out here!

I'm just kind of staying in the Akron area temporarily and know a lot more about Cleveland, but I definitely think Rubber City boy is a clue. I wonder if it's a neighborhood gang. Some people know that rubber or tires were invented in Akron and it's a source of pride (plus the Goodyear Blimp is pretty cool). It could be an indication of his pride but I'm also wondering if its a neighborhood gang. There are definitely not Asian gangs here as far as I know and I can't remember any Asians from college though there had to be some. I do know some private universities might have more people of Asian heritage, and there are three Catholic colleges here: John Carroll (co-ed) and Ursuline College as well as Notre Dame College, which became co-ed within the last 15 years and don't have a ton of males from the last time I've seen. There is also Case Western Reserve, which I have noticed more Asian students at, as well as Cleveland State (not many Asians) and Cuyahoga Community College (same). Kent State and U of Akron are closer to Akron.

I don't know if we are looking for anyone that attended college though.

I haven't checked to see if the timelines match up, but I wonder if the young man from above that jumped on a train is the UID. I just saw him quickly so definitely not sure.

I can answer any Cleveland questions and I can try to answer the Akron ones!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back