Identified! IL - Cook Co, BlkMale, 20-30, Tats: Cleveland 216, Rubber City Boy 330, NFL, Jun'15 - Michael Rogers

No. Ohio State football is HUGE here. It wouldn't be abnormal to get an Ohio State tattoo if he were the average Akron or Cleveland resident. About as many people root for OSU here than the Browns, and both groups are die-hard. I don't know about the NFL tattoo.

I do know there are relatively few Asians in Cleveland and Akron, and thats including all the Asians: Indian Asians, what most people think of as Asians (Korea, Japan, China), former Russian territory Asians, etc so that is a huge clue.

This UID showed up on my Facebook feed even though I am not on any true crime sights on Facebook so it's getting out here!

I'm just kind of staying in the Akron area temporarily and know a lot more about Cleveland, but I definitely think Rubber City boy is a clue. I wonder if it's a neighborhood gang. Some people know that rubber or tires were invented in Akron and it's a source of pride (plus the Goodyear Blimp is pretty cool). It could be an indication of his pride but I'm also wondering if its a neighborhood gang. There are definitely not Asian gangs here as far as I know and I can't remember any Asians from college though there had to be some. I do know some private universities might have more people of Asian heritage, and there are three Catholic colleges here: John Carroll (co-ed) and Ursuline College as well as Notre Dame College, which became co-ed within the last 15 years and don't have a ton of males from the last time I've seen. There is also Case Western Reserve, which I have noticed more Asian students at, as well as Cleveland State (not many Asians) and Cuyahoga Community College (same). Kent State and U of Akron are closer to Akron.

I don't know if we are looking for anyone that attended college though.

I haven't checked to see if the timelines match up, but I wonder if the young man from above that jumped on a train is the UID. I just saw him quickly so definitely not sure.

I can answer any Cleveland questions and I can try to answer the Akron ones!

WOW~~thanks Waterfalllady! Big difference from Chicago. There is a huge Asian population in the City of Chicago as you can imagine a huge mixture of populations.

One thing that just came to mind is China Town in Chicago. More info at the link...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinatown,_Chicago

I have also been told that the University of Chicago accepts only about 3% of students from the Chicagoland area, so as others have noted~~he could be from just about anywhere.

I wonder if the UID has some tie to that area though. Possibly born there and parents relocated to the Chicagoland area? Some type of proud heritage back there. I did have a Japanese friend who went to Ohio to visit her in-laws back in Ohio. He ex was in the military, so I wonder if that could also be a lead too?

WOW~~thanks Waterfalllady! Big difference from Chicago. There is a huge Asian population in the City of Chicago as you can imagine a huge mixture of populations.

One thing that just came to mind is China Town in Chicago. More info at the link...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinatown,_Chicago

I have also been told that the University of Chicago accepts only about 3% of students from the Chicagoland area, so as others have noted~~he could be from just about anywhere.

I wonder if the UID has some tie to that area though. Possibly born there and parents relocated to the Chicagoland area? Some type of proud heritage back there. I did have a Japanese friend who went to Ohio to visit her in-laws back in Ohio. He ex was in the military, so I wonder if that could also be a lead too?

There is a small Asiatown here. I've only driven through it and it's a few blocks as far as I know.
I just found and Asian Social Service program that is located in Cleveland AND Akron. Maybe they can distribute info: http://www.asiaohio.org/news-events/!!!!

This is a long shot....

[FONT=&quot]Ernest Guinto, 36, disappeared Dec. 29 after his brother-in-law dropped him off at the Chapters book store near Square One.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The force's Homicide Bureau is now investigating "due to the suspicious nature of Mr. Guinto's disappearance and the possibility that he may have met with foul play," police said in a release.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Information gathered to date by investigators suggests that he may be trying to avoid persons involved with criminal activity." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Guinto is described as Asian, 5-foot-7, 170 pounds, with a heavy build, long black hair shaved at the sides, with brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a red hoodie, dark jogging pants and light brown Timberland boots.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Investigators remain hopeful that Guinto may have gone into hiding, though that possibility becomes less likely as time passes.

https://www.mississauga.com/news-story/4322371-police-fear-the-worst-for-missing-man/

attachment.php

attachment.php

Toronto is not that far from Cleveland...about 4 hours.[/FONT]

Attachments

• Capture-Canada.JPG
    Capture-Canada.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Capture-Canada2.JPG
    Capture-Canada2.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 85
It didn’t say how he died. Sounded like drugs, and he died in Georgia.

So looked at Ernest Fb no visible tats from the few pics. I could be wrong but I feel like our guys tattoos or something you get earlier in life and not something you would get later.

This is a long shot....

[FONT=&amp]Ernest Guinto, 36, disappeared Dec. 29 after his brother-in-law dropped him off at the Chapters book store near Square One.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The force's Homicide Bureau is now investigating "due to the suspicious nature of Mr. Guinto's disappearance and the possibility that he may have met with foul play," police said in a release.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"Information gathered to date by investigators suggests that he may be trying to avoid persons involved with criminal activity." [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Guinto is described as Asian, 5-foot-7, 170 pounds, with a heavy build, long black hair shaved at the sides, with brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a red hoodie, dark jogging pants and light brown Timberland boots.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Investigators remain hopeful that Guinto may have gone into hiding, though that possibility becomes less likely as time passes.

https://www.mississauga.com/news-story/4322371-police-fear-the-worst-for-missing-man/

attachment.php

attachment.php

Toronto is not that far from Cleveland...about 4 hours.[/FONT]

Hmmm... Interesting. Missing since Dec 2014. I suppose it is possible he moved to Ohio to avoid those criminal people after him and got a bunch of Ohio tattoos as a cover. But I'm not sure that Dec 2014- Apr/May 2015 is enough time to get all those tats. And his description is a heavy build. Our UID was estimated to be 122 lbs. That would be a really dramatic weight loss in only a few months. Thanks for bringing him up BCA, but I can't really see it being him. JMO.

I’m really wondering if his drawing is what’s hindering the identification. Those tattoos seems like someone would know him instantly.

So in reading Facebook profiles I see that crime over the summer of 15 was crazy. It seems like that was when heroin began hitting Akron hard.

I keep looking at Neal Louis Boware, so thought I would post here for thoughts: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/boware_neal.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/9747/0/

Missing from Akron since 2006. Mixed race-- African American and Korean. Suffered from Paranoid Schizophrenia. Ran away from his mom after a doctor's appointment and possibly jumped off a bridge onto a moving train.

Heights match -- both are 5' 8"
Neal was heavier when he ran away but if he lived on the street, 9 years is plenty of time to have slimmed down.
Neal didn't have any tattoos, but again the years between going missing and the UID showing up is enough time for him to gain them.
His birthday is April 6, which fits with the Aries symbol.

Thoughts? Could he have ran away to Cleveland and then later Chicago?

(ETA: I prefer not to submit, just suggesting here. I'll leave that to someone else if they think this is a good possible match, thanks!)

Are we looking into this guy? Am I missing something big?
The interesting thing is he has schizophrenia. Nine years is a long enough time to live in Akron, Cleveland, and Chicago and get all those tattoos, especially if he ever suffered from mania, which can go hand in hand with schizophrenia. He'd also likely lose weight off his meds, then adding in that he could have been homeless it makes sense.

Are we looking into this guy? Am I missing something big?
The interesting thing is he has schizophrenia. Nine years is a long enough time to live in Akron, Cleveland, and Chicago and get all those tattoos, especially if he ever suffered from mania, which can go hand in hand with schizophrenia. He'd also likely lose weight off his meds, then adding in that he could have been homeless it makes sense.

Yes, both have DNA on file though.

Thank you waterfalllady. I do think Neal is a really good possibility because of all of the above. I think the only reason no one has submitted him is that as Claireishere says he has DNA on file with NaMus and the John Doe's DNA is completed on NaMus as well. What some members here have been told in the past is that DNA should provide an automatic hit in the system if it is at all close. So if both have DNA complete we can probably assume they are automatically ruled out already. Now that said, I don't see any harm in contacting someone and submitting Neal to double check. Computers are only as good as the person who inputted the data or programmed the search algorithm, etc. If anyone wants to submit Neal to make sure he is checked, please go ahead and submit him! We won't know for 100% unless someone asks.

I think I found something y’all!!!!! “Lakeview 2 Locke, also known as L2L or NFL, has been active since at least 2012, according to the indictment. The epicenter of the gang's territory is East 110th Street and Lakeview Road, but the gang's violence has spilled out to inner-ring suburbs.”

I think I found something y’all!!!!! “Lakeview 2 Locke, also known as L2L or NFL, has been active since at least 2012, according to the indictment. The epicenter of the gang's territory is East 110th Street and Lakeview Road, but the gang's violence has spilled out to inner-ring suburbs.”

Wow, the timing of the main arrests of that gang is interesting-- sounds like it all happened in early 2015.

9 were indicted on charges but only 8 arrested-- they couldn't find the 9th. Wonder if he could be our John Doe?

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2015/09/investigators_link_cleveland_gang.html

ETA: Nevermind I just for arrest record for the 9th member. They found him in Sept 2015. So he is not our JD. But JD could have been affiliated with these guys and left to go to Chicago or Michigan when all the arrests were happening.

In reading different people with post about L2L they often talk about older siblings or people going to “the city” I’m assuming they are likely referring to Chicago. Also these people don’t play. Openly laughing and making fun of deceased people. I’m guessing our guy hasn’t been reported missing due to him being on the run, or his family gave up on him long before. However if he is L2L I doubt again that he’s Asian, and even if the NFL stands for the other acronym that’s been suggested “N!?$A for Life” I still again doubt he’s white or Asian.

Also 87th street would likely fit if not right on the cusp of Lakeview 2 Locke territory.

In reading that article I went to the Cleveland Police missing persons page. I saw a Hubert Miller last seen on 10/24/2014 so I went to pull up more information to possibly match our Doe. His charley project page says he hasn’t been seen since the 70s. So in saying that if you’re basing your info from the Cleveland PD double check a lead. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/miller_hubert.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back