Identified! IL - Cook Co, BlkMale, 20-30, Tats: Cleveland 216, Rubber City Boy 330, NFL, Jun'15 - Michael Rogers

I've been browsing Ohio Tattoo pictures. A lot of the pro tattoo artists from Cleveland have more detailed tats or a different style from the ones on the UID. His tats seem to be a certain style that is mostly black ink only which leads me to wonder if the same artist inked most of his tats. I found a tattoo artist based in Cleveland that I think has a similar style. None of the tats on the instagram page are the same as the UID but there is an M that is very similar and a 216 Cleveland tattoo where the 216 looks to be the same font as the UID's 216 letters and building outlines look like the same style/technique as the building outlines on our UID (JMO). I hope it's ok I post this person's instagram business page: https://www.instagram.com/truthtatz/?hl=en

Is anyone one willing to send pics of our UID's tats to this business to see if they recognize them? This is just a stab in the dark but his or her style is so similar to the UID's Tats, IMO. It might be worth a shot.

(I'm not able to do this myself and I understand it's a lot to ask someone else to do it but thought it was worth asking. I don't have instagram and I don't know how to get in contact this tattooer other than they have a phone number in their profile. It could be easy for someone local or someone who doesn't mind calling Cleveland.)

I’m absolutely willing to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, he has been messaged. So working on this today lol I have started a list for males in the class of 87 at James ford high school. Debated if he may have been a football player and maybe his jersey number was 87 however at 5’8 and 125 lbs football player seems unlikely. The other 87 options suggested are DOB and possible street. If he was class of 87 it would make him almost 50. If his DOB was 87 he could be class of 06 or 07 Next up while obsessing my friends that are EMTs came over. He took one look at the guy and said clearly their is some significant trauma to his face. He felt like the teeth were likely lost due to that and that décomp in water would be much slower than what we expected.

Next up near the cross tattoo. If you look directly to the left there is either a letter A or D above it and above that it appears to be a tattoo of a child. Why would they not release that tattoo as well? That one seems pretty vital.

Ok, he has been messaged. So working on this today lol I have started a list for males in the class of 87 at James ford high school. Debated if he may have been a football player and maybe his jersey number was 87 however at 5’8 and 125 lbs football player seems unlikely. The other 87 options suggested are DOB and possible street. If he was class of 87 it would make him almost 50. If his DOB was 87 he could be class of 06 or 07 Next up while obsessing my friends that are EMTs came over. He took one look at the guy and said clearly their is some significant trauma to his face. He felt like the teeth were likely lost due to that and that décomp in water would be much slower than what we expected.

Next up near the cross tattoo. If you look directly to the left there is either a letter A or D above it and above that it appears to be a tattoo of a child. Why would they not release that tattoo as well? That one seems pretty vital.

Thank you so much for messaging him!

I can see the letter next to the cross but I can't really see a child. It's weird though, with all that skin decomp some of the tattoo ink seems to have run or something and it is hard to see the details. I was looking at the actual photo of the M and there seems to be a gap that almost make the M look like and N and a D or lowercase b. But I think the gap might not have been present when his skin was all intact. IDK. I see different little details every time I look at the photos. Someone has to know this guy. Thank you for your dedication to getting him ID'd!

309a7c311e481aced7ee6cccd629f88a.jpg
i went through all of the work lightened and zoomed. I plan on researching more about decomp and tattoos tonight because under the cross dark area it is very apparent he had other work present.

38ee0644c6e66627e255e97d176a4271.jpg
0581eda79600d13018cc4d1bbfa2025b.jpg
4ae1f9dcbc4d18c292d3236022761a71.jpg
hère are a few more with the color adjustment. Hope these are allowed. Also worth noting is I realized the weird ” A “design seems to go with what appears to be an S or another letter on the other side.

Wow, I do see something else under the black part now. I can't tell what that is but it is an outlined figure. :thinking:

That was as far in as my phone would zoom but if you zoom in a bit more you can clearly see a face of what appears to be a slightly side profile of a child looking down

I've been browsing Ohio Tattoo pictures. A lot of the pro tattoo artists from Cleveland have more detailed tats or a different style from the ones on the UID. His tats seem to be a certain style that is mostly black ink only which leads me to wonder if the same artist inked most of his tats. I found a tattoo artist based in Cleveland that I think has a similar style. None of the tats on the instagram page are the same as the UID but there is an M that is very similar and a 216 Cleveland tattoo where the 216 looks to be the same font as the UID's 216 letters and building outlines look like the same style/technique as the building outlines on our UID (JMO). I hope it's ok I post this person's instagram business page: https://www.instagram.com/truthtatz/?hl=en

Is anyone one willing to send pics of our UID's tats to this business to see if they recognize them? This is just a stab in the dark but his or her style is so similar to the UID's Tats, IMO. It might be worth a shot.

(I'm not able to do this myself and I understand it's a lot to ask someone else to do it but thought it was worth asking. I don't have instagram and I don't know how to get in contact this tattooer other than they have a phone number in their profile. It could be easy for someone local or someone who doesn't mind calling Cleveland.)

Good find! I agree the work looks really similar. Hopefully it pans out, it looks like a good start.

I think its possible he played football. He could have also lived on W. 87th St. Unfortunately, I found an article and the football coach/baseball coach from that time has passed. There's also baseball.

I am from the area and around the same time the drop out rate was extremely high, around 50%. I'd look for underclassman in previous yearbooks. Unfortunately, I'm just not that good at matching. Also, the Asian population in that school would be near 0.

I definitely think this is a mystery that can be solved.

I completely agree about the underclass being a good source. I only thought football due to his obvious tats. The main thing in trying to look at people is trying to figure out his Christ Disciple tattoos. It’s unusual because I haven’t found it on anyone else yet and if it is a racist group then that will rule out the Asian thing. I’ve come across several people that would be a good fit that I have not been able to locate yet.

I completely agree about the underclass being a good source. I only thought football due to his obvious tats. The main thing in trying to look at people is trying to figure out his Christ Disciple tattoos. It’s unusual because I haven’t found it on anyone else yet and if it is a racist group then that will rule out the Asian thing. I’ve come across several people that would be a good fit that I have not been able to locate yet.

I'm exhausted and completely forgot about the football tattoos. Sorry.

PP thank you for that link I’ll start scouring on my end. @WL I have been there over and over and he does have a lot of tattoos and things that could really be subjective in meaning. I’m about to post a decomp chart I found on another thread last night that I think is helpful in seeing why they made the determination of just a few weeks in water. Also from the patters on him I think that he was likely on the water line and not directly in the water as in floating. I could be wrong but the decomp marks don’t look like it.

Also worth noting that chart I believe is based on a body around 50 degrees Fahrenheit. The average surface temp of Lake Michigan did not reach 50 degrees Fahrenheit until June 12 of 2015.

Also worth noting that chart I believe is based on a body around 50 degrees Fahrenheit. The average surface temp of Lake Michigan did not reach 50 degrees Fahrenheit until June 12 of 2015.

Thanks for the chart it is very helpful!

And he has tattoos but I can't tell what they are. Looks like the posts are recent. I wonder how long it has been since they had contact.

I don’t see the tattoos

And he has tattoos but I can't tell what they are. Looks like the posts are recent. I wonder how long it has been since they had contact.

Never mind I see it. No chest tattoo, and the work on his left arm is not a match to our guy. I guess it could still be him but unlikely.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname