FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance our POI is from the Temple Terrace neighborhood or is that too far to travel. At this exact moment I just have a theory so I don't really want to expand yet, but if this is plausible further down my rabbit hole I shall go.

One of the POI’s that a few of us have looked into works in that neighborhood.

That's a tight area. I wonder if the shooter lives within the center of the map or off to the side. My guess is within easy walking distance 1-2 miles.

https://jeremykun.com/2011/07/20/serial-killers/

I've thought since the crimes were initially connected that he lives in the center (more specifically, roughly halfway between the second and third murders).

From what I've read, if a group of relatively tightly spaced serial murders form somewhat of a circle, the killer most likely lives near the center of the circle.

This 4th murder makes them all SO tightly bunched that I'm actually kind of having second thoughts about the "circle theory" (or whatever it's called, I have no idea if there's an actual name for it).

But I'm sticking with the location between the 2nd and 3rd for now.

I've thought since the crimes were initially connected that he lives in the center (more specifically, roughly halfway between the second and third murders).

From what I've read, if a group of relatively tightly spaced serial murders form somewhat of a circle, the killer most likely lives near the center of the circle.

This 4th murder makes them all SO tightly bunched that I'm actually kind of having second thoughts about the "circle theory" (or whatever it's called, I have no idea if there's an actual name for it).

But I'm sticking with the location between the 2nd and 3rd for now.

I'd LOVE to see what theory the LE have right now. Hopefully, they can pinpoint and find him asap.

I wonder what the dogs would be used for. Did the gun or person touch the victim? Or are they doing a weapons search for a gun that has gone off recently.

He could be homeless....and has a place to hide after killing. I know he has a cell phone and a gun....but he still might be homeless.

He looks like a really good runner. How far would a runner run at the most to get away from the crime scene? Is a mile too far? I think so as he would be obvious. There are joggers everywhere, I imagine, but his outfit is not a jogging outfit

Does he run to a car?

"Murray said she believes Felton may have known the killer because witnesses reported he crossed the street to speak with him . She said police told her Felton was on his mobile phone with his brother Reggie at the time of the shooting so she hopes he said a name before he died."

http://www.tbo.com/news/publicsafet...ng-fatal-shooting-in-seminole-heights/2344149

Confusing statement since LE says the killer came from behind -- seems Murphy and/or witnesses may be wrong.

Felton was crossing the street to meet someone when the shooter came up behind him , police said.

The video of the POI shows me a guy with a very distinctive walk (gait).

A homeless person would know bus routes and also be familiar with where they stop and this homeless shelter where the victim was walking to feed the homeless. The killer might be very familiar with who works at the shelter and when they are walking to work. Just being in the area and knowing everything about it....gives him the opportunity to kill .Also it would give him an excuse to be on the streets .

I'd LOVE to see what theory the LE have right now. Hopefully, they can pinpoint and find him asap.

I have no idea what their theory is, but here's how I would do it if I were them.

The description following the 4th murder gives them A LOT to work with; with a couple minor assumptions to clarify the "starting point" for their search, they can narrow down the search to really a pretty small number of people.

The assumptions are as follows:

a.) The killer lives somewhere in Seminole Heights
b.) The killer is between 16 and 30 years old

From what I read, there are something like 24,000 people total who live in Seminole Heights. Here's how much it can be narrowed down:

~50% of the population is male.
x
~25% of the population (of Seminole Heights specifically) is black.
x (and we are eyeballing from here on out, but being conservative in doing so)
~25% of the remaining population is between 16 and 30 years old.
x
~25% of the remaining population is between 5'11" and 6'3" tall (expanding the identified height slightly)
x
I dunno, 40% that could be reasonably described as "light-skinned"?

That decimal x population of 24,000 is 75 people. That's for all of Seminole Heights, not just the neighborhood where the murders occurred. (I'm not sure what percentage of Seminole Heights that neighborhood comprises).

So I'd start gathering information on those 75 people, starting with the ones who a.) live closest to the center of the circle of murders and/or b.) have their names pop up in tips.

A homeless person would know bus routes and also be familiar with where they stop and this homeless shelter where the victim was walking to feed the homeless. The killer might be very familiar with who works at the shelter and when they are walking to work. Just being in the area and knowing everything about it....gives him the opportunity to kill .Also it would give him an excuse to be on the streets .

I don't know why my post showed up twice...sorry about that.

Confusing statement since LE says the killer came from behind -- seems Murphy and/or witnesses may be wrong.

Too late to edit post -- name should be Murray, not Murphy.

Sorry if this has already been said but there's a bus stop at Nebraska and McBerry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HLN network has been covering this off and on...most of the day. They have FBI men with guns walking all over the neighborhood and knocking on doors.....hopefully they will find this killer. They seem determined.....they are saying not one more family will be told that their loved one has been killed....they will catch this guy.

I have no idea what their theory is, but here's how I would do it if I were them.

The description following the 4th murder gives them A LOT to work with; with a couple minor assumptions to clarify the "starting point" for their search, they can narrow down the search to really a pretty small number of people.

The assumptions are as follows:

a.) The killer lives somewhere in Seminole Heights
b.) The killer is between 16 and 30 years old

From what I read, there are something like 24,000 people total who live in Seminole Heights. Here's how much it can be narrowed down:

~50% of the population is male.
x
~25% of the population (of Seminole Heights specifically) is black.
x (and we are eyeballing from here on out, but being conservative in doing so)
~25% of the remaining population is between 16 and 30 years old.
x
~25% of the remaining population is between 5'11" and 6'3" tall (expanding the identified height slightly)
x
I dunno, 40% that could be reasonably described as "light-skinned"?

That decimal x population of 24,000 is 75 people. That's for all of Seminole Heights, not just the neighborhood where the murders occurred. (I'm not sure what percentage of Seminole Heights that neighborhood comprises).

So I'd start gathering information on those 75 people, starting with the ones who a.) live closest to the center of the circle of murders and/or b.) have their names pop up in tips.

this is brilliant. perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member