Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a horrible, preventable & disgusting tragedy for these children, especially for sweet little Mariah who paid the ultimate price with her short little life. I don't think anyone that loves a child could ever recover from something so horrendous, :(

Finally caught up, and weathered two freezing of this forum (showing how busy it is here tonight).
The part that I am not clear on is how LE found out about Mariah's body's location. Because once they honed in on the Shelter Creek/Shaw Hwy bridge south of Hwy 53, they quickly found her.

Let me see if I have it straght:
LE went to that area because they talked to a family member for hours on Friday and gleaned the location from that conversation.
Meanwhile, Mariah's father and his fiancee said that THEY knew where to look for Mariah's body because Kristy's father talked about it to someone.
The someone was Kristy's father's employee.
The employee happened to be a friend of Mariah's father and his fiancee.
The employee/friend called Kristy's father to talk about it, and the phone was on speaker phone, and Mariah's father and fiancee were listening in.
So it is possible that Kristy's father is the family member that LE spoke with.

I have no idea what is true. I got this from the NG interview I listened to this morning.
For the life of me, I do not understand how Kristy's father ended up with this information, nor when he got it. Why was he talking to employees instead of LE? ugh.

This article was recently updated. I copied and bolded few things that stood out to me.

The only person to be arrested so far in the homicide investigation of three-year-old Mariah Woods went before a judge Monday morning, following the discovery of what's believed to be the toddler's body Saturday night.

Kimrey is the first person to be arrested in connection to the death of Mariah, who was last seen at her home on Dawson Cabin Road.

"We all grieve the loss of Mariah, but this investigation is still very active," he tells WITN.

Sheriff Miller says at this time, details on the whereabouts of Mariah's mother remain confidential and under investigation.

http://www.witn.com/content/news/Search-underway-for-missing-toddler-in-Onslow-County-460279893.html

We are talking about the father of an innocent little girl. His heart if so broken and he will never get over it. IMO, He has every right to say whatever, whenever he feels like it. Period.

He doesn’t have the right to give confidential CPS reports to the media, and I’m sure the judge overseeing his custody trial is going to care. You can be a good person and make a bad decision, but there’s no rational argument that publishing confidential CPS reports detailing the graphic abuse of minor children is helpful to anyone except tabloid media looking for ratings. “Period.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally caught up, and weathered two freezing of this forum (showing how busy it is here tonight).
The part that I am not clear on is how LE found out about Mariah's body's location. Because once they honed in on the Shelter Creek/Shaw Hwy bridge south of Hwy 53, they quickly found her.

Let me see if I have it straght:
LE went to that area because they talked to a family member for hours on Friday and gleaned the location from that conversation.
Meanwhile, Mariah's father and his fiancee said that THEY knew where to look for Mariah's body because Kristy's father talked about it to someone.
The someone was Kristy's father's employee.
The employee happened to be a friend of Mariah's father and his fiancee.
The employee/friend called Kristy's father to talk about it, and the phone was on speaker phone, and Mariah's father and fiancee were listening in.
So it is possible that Kristy's father is the family member that LE spoke with.

I have no idea what is true. I got this from the NG interview I listened to this morning.
For the life of me, I do not understand how Kristy's father ended up with this information, nor when he got it. Why was he talking to employees instead of LE? ugh.

Good questions. Is it a known fact he didn't talk to LE?

More likely the coworker went directly to police, I sure would. I think LE and prosecutors are waiting on ME's report on manner and cause of death and there will be more serious charges filed.

I can't see these people being charged but can see them being witnesses for the prosecution when trial time begins.

He doesn’t have the right to give confidential CPS reports to the media, and I’m sure the judge overseeing his custody trial is going to care. You can be a good person and make a bad decision, but there’s no rational argument that publishing confidential CPS reports detailing the graphic abuse of minor children is helpful to anyone except tabloid media looking for ratings. “Period.”

Personally, I think he, as a parent, has every right to talk about anything he wants to talk about his very own daughter. I'll wager a bet that a jury would be very interested in what he has to say as well as any child custody judge.

I would say he actions are better than blowing the heads off a few people.

Do parents normally get such reports anyway? I thought all CPS info. would be private & protected information kept on file & similar to HIPAA laws for medical notes?

As a child, I was alienated from my father by my mother. I was scared of him, didn't like him or trust him, and didn't want to spend time with him. Now, as an adult, I know that it was my mom's messed up stuff that caused it, not anything my father actually did. So I can see how AW's sons might have been turned against him by the two adults they lived with. It is a common occurrence in split families.

That said, eventually the whole story will come out. We'll find out why Kristy left her children's father and her husband. We'll find out why the parents were separated for 2 years before divorcing this June. We'll find out what the boys experienced before and after the break up. Were they used as pawns by one or both parents? Were they isolated from everyone, including Kristy's mom? We'll hear from their teachers. BTW, I was able to watch a video of Mariah reading with her mom, in the presence of a teacher. Looked like a preschool special ed type of home visitation. Can't see the video any more, but I remembered someone asked about Mariah in preschool.

Good questions. Is it a known fact he didn't talk to LE?

Good point. No, it is not a known fact. It's more likely just folks talking because they don't know any better. Kristy's father talked with LE, talked with his employee.
I still would like to know where he got that info? Is it possible that he got it from Mariah's brothers? I don't know if Kristy's parents are still together, but if they are, and the boys were there, perhaps they talked. i.e. they overheard Kristy and EK talking? who knows.

I agree that it’s warranted. I just wish the Dad would go to LE instead of the media. There’s been no implication whatsoever that LE is not doing a fantastic and meticulous job here, right? I mean I made a comment about the Sheriff not being great at media relations at the early press conference and got chewed out for pages for it. Everyone seems to agree that LE has prioritized this case from day one and done a great job.

My concern about the CPS report being released for the boys. They’ve obviously been abused and now disturbing details are public. Their friends and other community members may have seen the report and now know the deepest most hurtful experiences of those little boys. They didn’t choose to share their stories of abuse, their dad put it on national tv for them. This is why CPS records are confidential.

People will make up and say stuff so the kids would never be free of all kinds of remarks. Maybe the truth will make people be more sensitive than sensationalist.

The son may be suffering from parental alienation but his feelings aren't going to be changed overnight and if his mother does face charges, he's really going to be emotionally traumatized. The death of his sister doesn't mean his dad is automatically a good parent. I think Mariah and her brothers have been living in a very dysfunctional environment for a long time.

I haven't seen anyone assume that if the mother is charged that the father is a good parent. Let's not try to put words into anyone's mouth in order to villify the father. Actually, he may not be deemed to be fit to have custody over the boys. That's neither here nor there. Has absolutely nothing to do with this case but will be determined later, all on it's own merit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels