AR AR - Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, WhtFem, 81UFAR, 18-21, Jul'91 - #2 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone almost feel as thought EDJD should just be able to keep her secrecy? I had never thought about it before, but she obviously worked so hard to hide her true identity, I almost feel now it would be disrespectful of us to take that from her. While I really would like to give her a name back, it's obvious she didn't want it anyways. Honestly I feel like this case may never be solved, but maybe that's for the best.

Does anyone almost feel as thought EDJD should just be able to keep her secrecy? I had never thought about it before, but she obviously worked so hard to hide her true identity, I almost feel now it would be disrespectful of us to take that from her. While I really would like to give her a name back, it's obvious she didn't want it anyways. Honestly I feel like this case may never be solved, but maybe that's for the best.

Respectfully, no, I don't. I'll try to explain why. With her background, she very well could have started out as a trafficked teenager or young child taken from her home by a pimp. She may have done a lot of things of her own free will, but it doesn't mean she didn't start out as a victim of a crime. Many teen runaways are convinced by their pimps that they can never go home again after they have been forced into the sex trade. They either make the victim believe their family won't love them anymore/will be ashamed of them for what they were forced to do OR they threaten to harm the victim's family members. The trafficking victim feels she has no choice but to continue in that lifestyle once forced into it. As she gets older, she may find a way to change who her pimp is and choose one she thinks "she loves" (like EDJD wrote in her journal as if she was in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship) but that doesn't make her any less a victim. This type of situation gives her reasons to try to hide her identity and use false names. Finding out EDJD's real name may reveal additional crimes/criminals. And she IS a murder victim. Unlike cases where someone removes all their identifying details and commits suicide in a remote place, she didn't CHOOSE to die that day and we don't KNOW for sure that she would have chosen an anonymous death. She was the victim of a violent crime and deserves her name. That her murderer taunts LE, claiming to know her true identity but refusing to say it, makes this an even more sickening crime, IMO. He stole away her life AND her identity when he murdered her. No one should have the power to do that. On top of all this, we don't know who her family is or why she left home in the first place. Some people have theorized that EDJD's family may know about her death and don't want to claim her. I doubt very much that is the case. Her family could identify her to LE and simultaneously keep her identity a secret from the public if they find the details of her past to be too shocking. We see it happen with UIDs all the time where they say "Identified, Name Withheld". I think she will turn out to be someone who either wasn't reported missing or was reported but the report was lost over the years. If nothing else, doesn't her family deserve to know what happened to her?All JMO.

Respectfully, no, I don't. I'll try to explain why. With her background, she very well could have started out as a trafficked teenager or young child taken from her home by a pimp. She may have done a lot of things of her own free will, but it doesn't mean she didn't start out as a victim of a crime. Many teen runaways are convinced by their pimps that they can never go home again after they have been forced into the sex trade. They either make the victim believe their family won't love them anymore/will be ashamed of them for what they were forced to do OR they threaten to harm the victim's family members. The trafficking victim feels she has no choice but to continue in that lifestyle once forced into it. As she gets older, she may find a way to change who her pimp is and choose one she thinks "she loves" (like EDJD wrote in her journal as if she was in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship) but that doesn't make her any less a victim. This type of situation gives her reasons to try to hide her identity and use false names. Finding out EDJD's real name may reveal additional crimes/criminals. And she IS a murder victim. Unlike cases where someone removes all their identifying details and commits suicide in a remote place, she didn't CHOOSE to die that day and we don't KNOW for sure that she would have chosen an anonymous death. She was the victim of a violent crime and deserves her name. That her murderer taunts LE, claiming to know her true identity but refusing to say it, makes this an even more sickening crime, IMO. He stole away her life AND her identity when he murdered her. No one should have the power to do that. On top of all this, we don't know who her family is or why she left home in the first place. Some people have theorized that EDJD's family may know about her death and don't want to claim her. I doubt very much that is the case. Her family could identify her to LE and simultaneously keep her identity a secret from the public if they find the details of her past to be too shocking. We see it happen with UIDs all the time where they say "Identified, Name Withheld". I think she will turn out to be someone who either wasn't reported missing or was reported but the report was lost over the years. If nothing else, doesn't her family deserve to know what happened to her?All JMO.

Agree with all of this. Also motorunner, I hear where you’re coming from but the other two reasons I always feel it’s important to identify a uid even when they’ve made efforts to conceal their identity are 1) if they had children. I think children always have a right to know who their parents are and what happened to them. 2) if they were the perpetrator of a serious crime under their original identity and have fled as a fugitive then it brings a sense of closure/justice for their victims.

Sorry if this has already been brought up on this site. But 2-3 wks ago on the EDJD fb site it was mentioned that Eldorado Jane doe admitted to someone at one time in the past that one of the alias's she used was actually the name of her birth child and that is why she could not go back for that child. Also it is mentioned that detectives think they may have recently found that child who is located in a prison at this time. And they are still working on this lead.

Sorry if this has already been brought up on this site. But 2-3 wks ago on the EDJD fb site it was mentioned that Eldorado Jane doe admitted to someone at one time in the past that one of the alias's she used was actually the name of her birth child and that is why she could not go back for that child. Also it is mentioned that detectives think they may have recently found that child who is located in a prison at this time. And they are still working on this lead.

Is that in the closed group or on the page? Are you able to share a link to where that is please? I'd be interested to read it. Thanks

Just google Eldorado Jane doe facebook. Click on it. Scroll down to the post about EDJD from Oct 23rd. with 182 comments. Skim through them (about halfway down) until you get to the comments posted by J. Bunn you will see it. It's very interesting.

Just google Eldorado Jane doe facebook. Click on it. Scroll down to the post about EDJD from Oct 23rd. with 182 comments. Skim through them (about halfway down) until you get to the comments posted by J. Bunn you will see it. It's very interesting.

I’d encourage everyone to go and read all the comments on that post. There’s some good info on the Virginia beach places that edjd was connected to and also some thoughts about her appearance and which pics look most like her from a woman who was her neighbour in el dorado.

Regarding the comment about her alias and her child. I read it differently to how you phrased it above. As I understood it, edjd was using one of her aliases when she had the baby and that meant that she couldn’t go back and claim the child later. As opposed to her having named the baby with one of her alias names.

I’d encourage everyone to go and read all the comments on that post. There’s some good info on the Virginia beach places that edjd was connected to and also some thoughts about her appearance and which pics look most like her from a woman who was her neighbour in el dorado.

Regarding the comment about her alias and her child. I read it differently to how you phrased it above. As I understood it, edjd was using one of her aliases when she had the baby and that meant that she couldn’t go back and claim the child later. As opposed to her having named the baby with one of her alias names.
I went back and read it. You are right about it saying she was using one of her aliases when she had the baby. And I agree it does provide a lot of good info.

Thanks for your insight, everyone. Very interesting comments, I only hope that maybe one day DNA will come from someone related to EDJD. I wonder if they ever look at/ made any comments on her teeth. What kind of shape they were in, I'd think if EDJD lived on the road/ out of hotels her teeth may not have been in the best shape (as opposed to someone that might have time and $$ to get their usual check-ups and cleanings)

Who is the yearbook photo? it looks damn good to me !
Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

The poster is refusing to release the girl's name, claiming it is out of respect for the family, even though the YB photo is of a MISSING PERSON.

I'm just a bit confused as to why the MP's identity is being hidden. Is she not considered or never reported missing???
Don't know...just kind of odd to me.

In my experience some of the people on those Facebook groups treat it almost like a competition where they want to be the one to make the match so they are a little cagey on info. If this possible match is listed as a missing person then I don’t know why you wouldn’t say the name so everyone can try and help out with their various sleuthing skills. Of course, if the family of the missing woman has specifically requested privacy then I totally get that.

In my experience some of the people on those Facebook groups treat it almost like a competition where they want to be the one to make the match so they are a little cagey on info. If this possible match is listed as a missing person then I don’t know why you wouldn’t say the name so everyone can try and help out with their various sleuthing skills. Of course, if the family of the missing woman has specifically requested privacy then I totally get that.

The way I read it, she was doing it out of respect for the family, but didn't state it was at their request.
Since she stated she'd already submitted it and that the pictures were of a missing person, I don't see why all the secrecy unless the family asked not to. And if that were the case, why not state it as such?

OT: I agree with what you said (BBM). I take issue with those who think they have "dibs" on a case just because they claim they put a lot of research effort into it, as if no one else has or what others have invested doesn't count.

The link doesn't work anymore.

I hope that if someone viable was submitted that it ends up in a match and all of this can be laid to rest peacefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me, too. That's what it's all about, discovering who these unidentified remains are.
OT: Awesome avatar!

I hope CarlK weighs in on this discussion. I know there have been a number of times where he's kept details confidential while an identification was pending, but I don't know whether the circumstances were similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member