Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could NC keep all these documents closed to the public because of the extent of allegations that her brothers were received as a way of keeping that type of information confidential since they are minors?

Well, we're looking at a technical statement from LE, who is not fond of giving out too many details just yet. So it's difficult to compare what they say with how we might say the same thing.

ETA - someone else in this thread gave the exact quote last night. I'll see if I can find it.
Here it is. I had come to the same conclusion. I think they would have said "fully clothed" if she had been.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13798222

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I wish there were a way to have a "sub-post" or whatever, like FB where you can discuss something and it's kept directly under that specific comment. I agree we shouldn't get too deep into treatment discussions, but, I think it would be beneficial to some degree. I think we can learn lots from such discussions.
I'm pretty sure you would be allowed to post a general death penalty discussion thread in the jury room.

Just to add to the confusion, lots of times there is a "Celebration of Life." At these, I believe the deceased has usually been cremated? Family and friends gather, and there are pictures, videos, etc. At the ones I attended, people are asked to share their favorite memories of the deceased, etc. Sometimes, there is a buffet at the end.

Lol yep. It is all so very confusing. And I've been privy to all but tnhr wake in its most traditional form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM

I tend to agree that it is not, as I said, I couldn't really tell, but I do have to disagree on where they'd chop out lines. Folks will do lines off of the floor, the back of their hands, the top of the toilet tank, and yes, the edge of a table , after they've become higher than a Georgia Pine. Once they become ripped, they become a little careless. Hence folks trying to snort substances out of carpeting with a dollar bill... I've seen some strange things in my life.

I agree with you on all other points (talking to Mariah, the DA).
Higher than a Georgia pine - lol, I'm saving that.

If I still lived near you, I think we'd become fast friends.

<modsnip>

However, other WSers ARE interested in the justice and punishment aspect of cases, and we need to remember that while we all are here out of a shared interest in crime cases, we don't approach our interests in the same way.

I'm more interested in the why and how of crime cases - the personalities and details. I often lose interest once crime is solved and rarely follow a case through trial (though I have followed some trials, like little Cooper Harris's case). I also try to keep some emotional distance as the cases are usually heartbreaking, though I know others get very emotionally attached and I can't help but be moved by that. I like the puzzle of the cases while others like the criminal justice part. There is room for all of us.

I learn something new on every single case I follow and I am almost always touched by the compassion I witness on WS....even from people whose opinions I don't always agree with.

jmopinion that might not match yours.

Well said. Funny, I've never really thought about separating cases into the puzzle and the criminal justice aspect. I def am both, but my puzzle part is he psychology half. The why. Their mental status that allowed them to engage in that act. Their background. Family life. Makes since. I'be got a BA in psychology and masters in marriage and family therapy which really delves deep into systemic patterns of deeply intrenched
Patterns of behavior.
As a person I'm am very attuned to justice and fairness. These cases really get me going mentally. I seem to be able to not become overwhelmed by emotion most of the time and focus more on the facts and details, but I stay awake half the night pondering the motives and piecing the puzzles together. Haha I live for real puzzles too--wonder if there's some correlation there...lol.

Good point. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I understand your reply to mean that it is still possible MW was found only in underwear since underwear is technically considered clothing. So my thought to follow are based on that assumption. I think if one is to analyze the choice of language, one would choose to say "only in underwear" as opposed to "clothed" if she were really that bare, you know. What I mean is to say I personally would find it odd to say "clothed" if she were only in underwear. As such, I guess I'd tend to agree with the person you replied to (forgot their handle) that she had more on than underwear. Still you make a very interesting point for consideration. lol could we possibly break down down that tidbit of communication any more? Hahah guess we "sleuth-ers" are a bit OCD when it comes to analysis. Kinda part of the job tho. [emoji6]

I think the issue will be whether she was found in the same underwear described in the 911 call. iirc, a very specific description/color was given which surprised me. I would not remember that small detail at a time I was highly stressed. I was also surprised Mariah was said to be wearing underwear rather than pull-ups. Last year, when my granddaughter was three yrs., she wore pull-ups at night.

Ah, so funeral takes place before visitation? I thought it might be the equivalent of what we term a wake.

Where I live, we do a visitation, which allows family and friends to arrive, and offer condolences to the family. Visitation can be the day before, or even a few hours prior on the day of, the funeral. After visitation, the actual funeral will take place. Normally only close family, and close friends, will stay for the actual funeral service, and procession to the cemetery.

I think the issue will be whether she was found in the same underwear described in the 911 call. iirc, a very specific description/color was given which surprised me. I would not remember that small detail at a time I was highly stressed. I was also surprised Mariah was said to be wearing underwear rather than pull-ups. Last year, when my granddaughter was three yrs., she wore pull-ups at night.
If she only wore pull ups to bed, this may also speak to the fact that she never actually got put to bed.

The boys may have some insight into who is responsible. This is another reason they probably should not be with the grandmother right now. I would imagine she hopes her daughter will not be found responsible.

I agree completely!!!

Re: "visitation" it's definitely the cultural norm in the south! Not one I'm particularly fond of in its classic presentation where the body is on display in the casket and people line up to walk by and pay their respects. I will never forget when my grandmother passed away going to the funeral and seeing her body laying there. It was awful. Despite knowing what to expect, I still fainted. I was a sophomore in college by that time and was shocked how profoundly it affected me. Haven't viewed a body since. [emoji31][emoji52] just can't.

It is difficult, for sure!

BBM

I tend to agree that it is not, as I said, I couldn't really tell, but I do have to disagree on where they'd chop out lines. Folks will do lines off of the floor, the back of their hands, the top of the toilet tank, and yes, the edge of a table , after they've become higher than a Georgia Pine. Once they become ripped, they become a little careless. Hence folks trying to snort substances out of carpeting with a dollar bill... I've seen some strange things in my life.

I agree with you on all other points (talking to Mariah, the DA).

I looked at the picture. It looks like white powder to me, that could have been pushed to the side of the table. But it could also be milk, or some other type of stain. What stands out to me the most is the disorganization of the household, run by careless adults.

No, it's a term we've used my entire life in the upper Midwest as well. And I am catholic. We still refer to this event as a visitation. We would never confuse that with the capitalized Visitation.

Really? I'm more confused than ever, now :)

Re: "visitation" it's definitely the cultural norm in the south! Not one I'm particularly fond of in its classic presentation where the body is on display in the casket and people line up to walk by and pay their respects. I will never forget when my grandmother passed away going to the funeral and seeing her body laying there. It was awful. Despite knowing what to expect, I still fainted. I was a sophomore in college by that time and was shocked how profoundly it affected me. Haven't viewed a body since. [emoji31][emoji52] just can't.

OT - You may not have that reaction every time. I had been viewing bodies since I was a very little kid with no problem, and then my senior year of high school I had a terrible reaction I did not expect. I froze up, could not move forward, and thought I may pass out. I never had that reaction again. I still don't understand why it happened. I was not myself and someone else's mother had to force me to move up to the casket and a friend had to guide me back out again.

25 posts removed or snipped. 25.

The topic is Mariah Woods and the crimes involved with her death and disappearance. Not the death penalty, not prison revenge, not karma, and not you.

Learn to scroll and roll. It is not any one member's place to chastise another. If you see a problem with a post, alert on it. Do not quote or respond to it.

It's really not difficult peeps.

Nah, I'll have to come back to it. I'm not convinced she knows cause of death yet.

Just a snippet:

NG says "when you are in the commission of a felony, that being felony child abuse or neglect, neglect, and a death occurs during the commission of a felony, that is felony murder, and for a felony murder just like premeditated murder, you can get the death penalty. Bam."

Ashley Willcott (child advocate) "Right and I have no doubt that charges are going to be forthcoming and I've said from the beginning, law enforcement has done a bang up job in this case because they have controlled the investigation so that they can be thorough and deliberate, and figure out exactly what happened, what charges can result and will result, so I have no doubt she will face criminal charges, I think they're being thorough in their investigation."

http://www.crimeonline.com/podcast/

ditto in Texas during the commission of another felony and it may be during the commission of any other crime, its been so long I cannot remember, I absolutely hated criminal work, give me those cheating spouses lol

Just catching up on this fast moving thread.
These poor babies [emoji29]

It’s been said before, but meth and family violence is such a growing issue here in Australia, as in US I imagine. Such a destructive drug, it certainly has no place for use around children and the fact it can induce psychosis, just emphasises the risk potential.

Can only hope and pray that some silver lining of change will come soon around drug use and parenting children [emoji1431]
(Though I don’t know what.. dob in a meth parent phone line?/ Drug testing if CPS has had concerns?)

Change is much overdue.

I recall in 1986 my mother called me to ask if I knew what the drug " ICE" was. I said no but later found out it was a stronger meth so it has been around back in the 80's. My cousin was on it that is why my mom asked me. I didnt know what to tell her, no one I knew did anything but weed in my hay day. Im sure the drug alters your perception andprobably causes violence and all types of deviant behavior.

I can&#8217;t find a link however does anyone else who followed the Caylee Anthony case remember when we were all trying to figure out where CA placed her we researched and found that in matters of fillicide most mothers will dress the child, wrap them and place the in water for burial? I also remember the link stated that mothers usually dispose of a child either within 5 miles of home OR someplace the mother is familiar with.

As a side note if anything happens to one of my children after doing these searches I&#8217;ll be put away for life!

all I recall was the man from Texas Equesearch saying mothers dump their unwanted dead children close to home. Makes my blood boil to think of CA in her new car etc etc Grrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucasmiller