Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the welcome! I had to Google meth use and hypersexual behavior just today to try to understand. This would've been helpful and I'll still look at it. I have an understanding of how pot/Coke can change a person and heroin/pills to a lesser extent. But that meth seems to be a different animal. On a previous forum that got me started with these types of things I wish I could unread a horribly graphic account of why a baby would have died of certain horrific injuries as a result of oral sex. Sorry if that is too graphic, even. I was really clinging to hope that it was punishment that got out of hand, but just too much WTH.

I'll still try to lurk again soon. Once you pop, you just can't stop sometimes!

We're glad to have you here, Zelda!! :)

I can’t help but wonder if KW might be arrested after the hearing on Friday if it’s determined the kids were abused and neglected.

Facebook comments are saying mother was at the visitation!

Would they be able to charge them both with felony murder based on child abuse/neglect?

Gitana? Other attys? Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I will just write this:

I expected this from the first day she was reported "missing". Predictable outcome.

These people make me sick.

Would they be able to charge them both with felony murder based on child abuse/neglect?

Gitana? Other attys? Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It didn't work out too well in the Ramsey case but that's a horse of a different RICH color.

We aren't allowed to sleuth the girlfriend so her history is unknown. I was making a general point about mom not wanting kids around a girlfriend - just like dad not wanting kids around a boyfriend not specifically this situation. But in general people tend to have more issues with moms moving guys in to be around kids then if the dad does the same thing. I was trying to be clear by starting the post with I am not defending mom in anyway - but apparently i flubbed up big time in getting my point across.

I understood what you meant. My ex had to make some sort of snide, smart *ss comment, about me, or anyone who I was around, directly to our eldest. If my ex had found someone who had a nickel's worth of good, common, sense, I'd have been delighted. Mine never dated again, let alone moved any love interest in, or re-married. Thankfully, his mother moved in with him... (they were both ill), and whatever my disagreements, with her, I knew she loved those kids, and wouldn't let him be too irresponsible. She didn't drink, or do drugs, so I knew that during their visit w/him, that there would be a functioning, awake, adult there. Which relieved my mind that the kids wouldn't be playing in traffic, or drinking drain cleaner. :gaah:

Okay if he couldn’t get them after 6 on Friday why didn’t he get them Saturday mornings then? Sounds like more excuses to me

JMHO
I believe this was what he said happened when he was still able to get them at all. He basically got them for Saturdays. Then she stopped letting him get them at all.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Do you have a link for that?
From MsMarple's post, here's what was said.
ETA: I just watched the Ashleigh B interview with the sheriff. She asked him if Mariah was clothed when her body was found and the sheriff just responded "Yes, she was clothed" without offering additional information.

In my mind, LE might have said fully clothed had she been fully clothed. This simply indicates she was not naked.

I feel, in an entire year, he couldn't go to CPS or Court to plea for the right to see his children? He wouldn't need and attorney for that. What would be the cost in that?[/QUOEven with the CPS case, you almost always have to have an attorney..It gets very costly...

From MsMarple's post, here's what was said.

In my mind, LE might have said fully clothed had she been fully clothed. This simply indicates she was not naked.

Marple is right. I also watched the program.

They had joint custody, meaning they both had equal power over the children. She had *residential* custody, meaning they resided with her the majority of the time, but he would still have every right to pick them up at school.

The time usually starts at 6:00 p.m. and if someone wants to be a jerk about that, they can be. My former fil, and this was in the 50s, was granted visitation at the mother's discretion, to my ex and his sibling. My ex's father, would call, and ask to see them, she'd tell him to come and get them, then when he'd arrive, she'd tell him, I'm sorry, it doesn't suit, now. Not a thing he could do. So, if it reads, 6 p.m. on Friday, til, 6 p.m. Sunday, she could be a... and enforce it, I believe. Any lawyers out there?

I am so sorry! I thank God that your Dad stood up for his rights, and I pray AW doesn't give up fighting for his sons.

He's going to have to scrounge that money up and get a lawyer. It costs a pretty penny. We had to borrow for the retainer. 32k over 15 months. And we are working poor. But we'd been getting walked on for 4 damn years and she finally screwed up. AW needs to get a lawyer now and strike while the iron is hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s the link to the go fund me page.
https://www..com/3ug678xw

Those poor boys. This is so much for them to be going thru, so confusing. I'm sure it's the right thing to have them in CPS custody under all the circumstances, but what a lot for them to go thru! Hopefully they will get some semblance of normalcy soon.

Those poor kids. They probably don't know which way to turn with the loss and fighting families and the media attention. IMO

Thats where my thoughts have been lately. With the poor children.

I keep trying to envision how horrible it must be for a very young child to be shuffled around based on a calendar date and forced to go back and forth between homes that have totally different values and totally different rules when all they probably want is stability in a safe and loving home with a bed they can call their own.

Dont get me wrong. I totally understand the reality of the world we live in and the unfortunate circumstances that happens to couples all too often. And I know some loving and separated people that make it work as best they can. Its just that this case is demonstrating the worst of the worst and how bloody stinking awful things can get for kids.

The kids end up paying and I am sickened over it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member