Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My godfather was an architect in California and he regularly met high end clients after hours. My husband is a retired attorney and it wasn’t unusual to meet certain clients outside the office or even late in the evening. It depends.

Snipped for space

Thanks, Grace! But just an FYI, we're only supposed to post 10% of any article. Don't be surprised if there's a mod snip.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The WSJ website only shows non-subscribers maybe the first paragraph of articles and the pertinent part of this one was at the end. We should be privileged to be able to see the whole article. Surely mods would understand that isn't abuse of bandwidth.

I do not recall seeing this info about a golf game with a liberal insider anywhere. Can you please refresh my memory with a link. If you can’t post a link to this information and it’s coming from personal knowledge as a neighbor, you need to become a verified insider. Thank you.

ETA: Now that the golf game has been linked, we still need a link about the phone call please.

Its in the linked article. Toronto Star.

Thank you Tortoise for the link.

In the corporate world, especially as a top dog, he most likely emailed constantly. At home and at work. I know that`s how it is in my business. Everyone has their smart phone and their work emailed going to it, and the work never stops. It was probably common for these late evening emails. JMO.

For younger executives sure, but I know many older businessmen who prefer phone to emails but will use them on occasion. Sherman was 75.

Barrys sister was playing golf with a Liberal insider, got phone calls from Sherman family members who had heard it from the media and were calling to see what she knew. Whomever she was playing golf with, is also very politically connected, made some phone calls on her behalf. I imagine one of those was to the Health Minister who was no doubt either a friend or good acquaintance of the Shermans.
Their paths would have crossed, if nothing else, over drug policies/contracts.

The fact that his sister was playing golf with a politically connected person, was in MSM.

I hope one good thing to come from this, is that Canadians are no longer paying 20% more than the rest of the world, for these less potent drugs. IMO

I do not recall seeing this info about a golf game with a liberal insider anywhere. Can you please refresh my memory with a link. If you can’t post a link to this information and it’s coming from personal knowledge as a neighbor, you need to become a verified insider. Thank you.

ETA: Now that the golf game has been linked, we still need a link about the phone call please.

Former city councillor Michael Feldman was among the first to hear the news, after Barry’s sister phoned him Friday morning. Both he and Barry’s sister were in Palm Desert, and had recently played a game of golf together.

“She called me this morning and was really upset that there were two bodies found in their home or something, and their kids haven’t even seen the bodies, they didn’t even identify the bodies,” Feldman told the Star.

Feldman, once deputy mayor of Toronto, says he picked up the phone and called the press gallery. He asked them to check it out, but urged them not to panic until there was reason to. He didn’t know the couple intimately, but they belonged to the same golf club and he did charity work with Honey.

https://www.insidetoronto.com/news-...-at-home-of-apotex-billionaire-barry-sherman/

The WSJ website only shows non-subscribers maybe the first paragraph of articles and the pertinent part of this one was at the end. We should be privileged to be able to see the whole article. Surely mods would understand that isn't abuse of bandwidth.

It's breaking the copyright laws. You can't reprint an article that belongs to someone else without their permission. In this case, the article belongs to the Wall Street Journal.

Not to mention you can always go buy a copy.

It is an abuse of copyright laws, not bandwidth.

I think Honey & Barry would have a fob for the vehicle that she kept in a coat pocket and a keyless entry doors I'm far from rich and have both.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Would that not have to do more to do with the model/make of the vehicle than ones pocketbook? When we last bought a vehicle, I was disappointed that it didn't have a couple of features I wanted not could they be put in after market. Yet I was stuck on the make, so had to take it as is. Just curious.

Maybe the email was written under orders to say he would be taking time off so no one would miss him.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/12/28/the-house-honey-and-barry-sherman-would-have-built.html
Honey and Barry Sherman’s new house would have been filled with light.

The property at 91 Old Forest Hill Rd. is desolate now — an empty 25,000 square-foot lot where a house once stood, near Eglinton Ave. W. and Spadina Rd. The plot of land has been registered in Honey’s name since November 2016, and the old house had been demolished to make way for something new.
Though it’s unclear to the public what will happen to the property now, architectural plans submitted to the City of Toronto reveal the intricate details of the 16,000 square-foot home the billionaire couple was set to build before their bodies were found this month — under what police call “suspicious” circumstances.
The drawings show a home with five skylights, ranging from six to 17 feet in length, letting light pour in across the roof of the main brick-and-stone residence. Another massive skylight, 41 feet in length, would slide open from the centre, over an indoor pool.
The pool area would have an air lock and a change room, with a “jets area” on one end. A stone staircase would weave around the side of the house. There would be concealed doors behind the servery (as well as a set upstairs), and a television hidden behind an “art lift mechanism” near a double-sided fireplace. The basement was to have a space for staff — a sitting room, a bedroom and a bathroom — as well as a bar and an event room.

For younger executives sure, but I know many older businessmen who prefer phone to emails but will use them on occasion. Sherman was 75.

Isn't that a generalization of the elderly? Most business people, no matter their age, are aware of how to use computers/phones etc and use email often.

The phone takes up wayy too much time and time is money.

Barrys sister was playing golf with a Liberal insider, got phone calls from Sherman family members who had heard it from the media and were calling to see what she knew. Whomever she was playing golf with, is also very politically connected, made some phone calls on her behalf. I imagine one of those was to the Health Minister who was no doubt either a friend or good acquaintance of the Shermans.
Their paths would have crossed, if nothing else, over drug policies/contracts.

The fact that his sister was playing golf with a politically connected person, was in MSM.

I hope one good thing to come from this, is that Canadians are no longer paying 20% more than the rest of the world, for these less potent drugs. IMO

This is how rumours start!! The article said she recently played golf with....
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...at-apotex-founder-barry-shermans-mansion.html

I am still wondering, if this meeting took place, where did they eat? If it was at the office, then it could be anytime. If it was daylight, did they go to a restaurant? Did they go home to eat? If they went to a restaurant, how did they seem?

It could be that they went to the architect. But then again, why would the architect not come to their house?
Maybe they met the architect at a restaurant [emoji28]

When Klatt Investigations begin their probe into the deaths, does this mean that the police will no longer be involved? Do private investigators have access to any medical reports or police findings that haven’t been made public?

PI investigations have no effect on ongoing police investigations. A PI has less legal access to information and data, but they have lots of tricks that LE can't legally use. (At least that's what I've learned from reading Harry Bosch novels.)

Maybe they met the architect at a restaurant [emoji28]

That's what I've been thinking, because it was an evening meeting. Could have just been a social or a way of thanking him for what he'd done for them.

Possibly, but most who are in the type of business like BS - medicine, pharma, or finance etc don't usually build a huge business by not getting with the times.

My mom works for a very successful large company, close to the CEO who is 73, and he is tech savvy as they come.

Isn't that a generalization of the elderly? Most business people, no matter their age, are aware of how to use computers/phones etc and use email often.

The phone takes up wayy too much time and time is money.

No it’s not a generalization. And many businessmen prefer voice communication which is not as impersonal and less likely to be misconstrued. Furthermore the personal touch of phone calls shows a level of care that rarely exists in emails.

Except it has been said several times they drove older cars.

He drove new cars until they became troublesome, maybe 10 years. That's not "old" to me and would have most of the modern bells and whistles, like keyless entry.

Possibly, but most who are in the type of business like BS - medicine, pharma, or finance etc don't usually build a huge business by not getting with the times.

My mom works for a very successful large company, close to the CEO who is 73, and he is tech savvy as they come.

I volunteer with a man who is in his 90s! He learns any new software programs we get, keeps up with the times, and says he had a long career in engineering because he was always excited about new developments and liked to see the changes in the profession.

I wish we'd quit with the "old folk" generalities when we don't even know if they apply to BS.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member