Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rbbm.
Wondering if experience with these particular groups is a special calling card in this case? imo.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/retired-toronto-detective-investigate-sherman-death-1.4466413
Tom Klatt was involved in more than 70 murder investigations during his 19-year career with the Toronto Police Service, according to the Klatt Investigations website.

He also worked on investigations into organized crime groups and international narcotics syndicates

[h=2]Too early for private investigator?[/h] What can the Sherman family hope to get out of a private investigator at this point? Not a lot, according to former Toronto homicide detective David Perry.

"More often than not, private investigators are not called in at this stage," said Perry, CEO of Investigative Solutions Network. "There's very little a private investigator can do at this point, other than support the family and help them understand what the police are saying."

Perry says right now a private investigator would have very little access to police information, unless they were doing parallel interviews with family and anyone else who could shed some light on what happened in the Shermans' home.

Normally, Perry told CBC Toronto, a private investigator is brought in at the end of a police investigation to review the police file and offer an opinion on whether or not detectives might have missed anything.

Isn't that a generalization of the elderly? Most business people, no matter their age, are aware of how to use computers/phones etc and use email often.

The phone takes up wayy too much time and time is money.

Yes, most people forget that email was being widely used 25 years ago when Barry would have been fifty.

Looks like a camera on the left side of their porch roof

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&r...aw3xb4Qcn1zJPEuWEII3A5W9&ust=1514585583409076
barry%20sherman%20toronto%20house.jpg

But can they tell if it was in fact BS who sent it?

You're saying the email could could have been sent by someone else using BS's cellphone or computer(s). Possible. Sometimes you can tell from the style and wording if the sender may be an imposter.

I am still wondering, if this meeting took place, where did they eat? If it was at the office, then it could be anytime. If it was daylight, did they go to a restaurant? Did they go home to eat? If they went to a restaurant, how did they seem?

It could be that they went to the architect. But then again, why would the architect not come to their house?

I too would like to know if in fact this meeting took place Wednesday evening. Location, duration of the meeting, who else was present, and time the meeting ended: if it was before or after the 8:30 pm email that Barry sent.

Just reviewing...

Sherman: ruthless tycoon who revolutionized Canada drug industry

Snipped...
..."He was a deplorable human being," said University of Ottawa law professor Amir Attaran, who published a comparison of Apotex's domestic and overseas drug pricing.

"People tend to believe he did great things for generic drugs in Canada, but... Canadians pay more for generic drugs than almost every other country," he said.

"He sought to manipulate our system to enrich himself and impoverish Canadian patients who used his drugs."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sherman-...utionized-canada-drug-industry-015124947.html

It would make much more sense to meet at the architects office, bring coffee and sandwiches etc and discuss whatever.......
Someone asked how they'd eat.....I would show up with takeout and coffees to work over what the problem was........

I'm guessing the architect would eat when he was finished at work.

The house Honey and Barry Sherman would have built

Honey and Barry Sherman’s new house would have been filled with light.

The property at 91 Old Forest Hill Rd. is desolate now — an empty 25,000 square-foot lot where a house once stood, near Eglinton Ave. W. and Spadina Rd. The plot of land has been registered in Honey’s name since November 2016, and the old house had been demolished to make way for something new.

Though it’s unclear to the public what will happen to the property now, architectural plans submitted to the City of Toronto reveal the intricate details of the 16,000 square-foot home the billionaire couple was set to build before their bodies were found this month — under what police call “suspicious” circumstances.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/12/28/the-house-honey-and-barry-sherman-would-have-built.html

The Old Forest Hill Rd. property was transferred to Honey for $0 in 2016 from Abraham J. Green Ltd. The property was once owned by another prominent couple in philanthropic circles and the Jewish community, the late Al and Malka Green. Honey and Malka were both directors at the Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies.

Real estate lawyer Mark Weisleder reviewed the property transfer record for the Star, and explained that the Shermans would have paid the provincial and municipal land transfer taxes directly to the Ministry of Finance and the City of Toronto before the sale closed to avoid having the cost of the property show up on property records.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/12/28/the-house-honey-and-barry-sherman-would-have-built.html

No it’s not a generalization. And many businessmen prefer voice communication which is not as impersonal and less likely to be misconstrued. Furthermore the personal touch of phone calls shows a level of care that rarely exists in emails.

I respectfully disagree. Telephones for business purposes take up too much time and time is money.

The Old Forest Hill Rd. property was transferred to Honey for $0 in 2016 from Abraham J. Green Ltd. The property was once owned by another prominent couple in philanthropic circles and the Jewish community, the late Al and Malka Green. Honey and Malka were both directors at the Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies.

Real estate lawyer Mark Weisleder reviewed the property transfer record for the Star, and explained that the Shermans would have paid the provincial and municipal land transfer taxes directly to the Ministry of Finance and the City of Toronto before the sale closed to avoid having the cost of the property show up on property records.

Doesn't that make you go hmmmmmm? I guess that lawyer knew people would go hmmm, so theres an article explaining it in the Toronto Star. On title, the price will show as $0 or $2.

What about Capital Gains Tax on a property listed as $0?

The house Honey and Barry Sherman would have built

Honey and Barry Sherman’s new house would have been filled with light.

The property at 91 Old Forest Hill Rd. is desolate now — an empty 25,000 square-foot lot where a house once stood, near Eglinton Ave. W. and Spadina Rd. The plot of land has been registered in Honey’s name since November 2016, and the old house had been demolished to make way for something new.

Though it’s unclear to the public what will happen to the property now, architectural plans submitted to the City of Toronto reveal the intricate details of the 16,000 square-foot home the billionaire couple was set to build before their bodies were found this month — under what police call “suspicious” circumstances.

With all of the 'minor variances' they were allowed, I imagine a LOT of developers and rich people who want a new house, will be lined up to buy the property WITH the plans. Not certain but once given, doubt those variances (and there a quite a few) can be rescinded. What a deal.....

Cars have had fobs for years. According to Wikipedia introduced in 1980. What make/year of car was sitting in the driveway?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

It’s not about the fob, it’s about the key. Keyless start only became available in the last few years. Honey would have had a key which could have been taken (which was the point of the original comment).

But can they tell if it was in fact BS who sent it?

You're saying the email could could have been sent by someone else using BS's cellphone or computer(s). Possible. Sometimes you can tell from the style and wording if the sender may be an imposter.

They would also be able to determine where the email was sent from via the IP address, i.e. sent from home or sent from his office etc.

Doesn't that make you go hmmmmmm? I guess that lawyer knew people would go hmmm, so theres an article explaining it in the Toronto Star. On title, the price will show as $0 or $2.

What about Capital Gains Tax on a property listed as $0?

I know. And they paid directly to the Ministry of Finance and the City of Toronto. Liberal gvt. and Mayor John Tory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin