Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respectfully disagree at this time. I do not think this was a hate crime. I also think mentioning the nonexistent girlfriend might be because he is/was in the closet, didn't want others to know the nature of his relationship or agenda with Blaze, so he made up that he had a girlfriend. jmo

I keep going back and forth on the "why" of this senseless act. There are many possible scenarios. IMO

1. The murderer is an emotionally unstable, closeted gay man who hasn't come to terms with his sexuality and hates his attraction to men. He hooks up with Blaze and then goes into a rage and kills him.

2. The murderer is homophobic, Blaze makes a pass and the killer kills out of anger and disgust.

3. Blaze and "friend" were lovers or former lovers and got into an argument. A lovers quarrel gone horribly wrong. Or Blaze threatened to "out" him/expose their relationship.

4. Murderer is jealous, hurt, etc. because Blaze rejected him.

5. Rage combined with drugs, alcohol, a psychotic break...

6. Pure hate crime, murderer lured him and killed him because he hates all gays.

7. Murderer is a serial killer who targets gay men/boys. (Are there similar cases in the area?)

And the list goes on. Hopefully we'll get some answers soon.

Locals, is this an area of the park where kids might hang out afterhours?

No, not after hours. It’s next to a library and overlooks the city. I run there on the weekends and part of the reason why do many people go to this park is because it has a direct path going down to Whiting Ranch Park. This area is a popular place for hikers & mountain bikers.

I would like to see all 16 pages of the affidavit, has it been released in it's entirety?

I mean the little we have so far is astounding/ridiculous!

Oh what tangled webs...

A Fight Club that caused scratches to his hands?

A dirty puddle that apparently left dirt under his fingernails?

A girlfriend whose name he doesn't remember?

An attempt to not touch door knobs ('cause there would be no other way for LE to get his fingerprints? - sarcasm)

There is just so much WTF-ery going on with this dudes story.

And, he was visibly shaking when speaking to LE 2 days after the incident?

This dude is toast, IMO.

I would like to see all 16 pages of the affidavit, has it been released in it's entirety?

I mean the little we have so far is astounding/ridiculous!

Oh what tangled webs...

A Fight Club that caused scratches to his hands?

A dirty puddle that apparently left dirt under his fingernails?

A girlfriend whose name he doesn't remember?

An attempt to not touch door knobs ('cause there would be no other way for LE to get his fingerprints? - sarcasm)

There is just so much WTF-ery going on with this dudes story.

And, he was visibly shaking when speaking to LE 2 days after the incident?

This dude is toast, IMO.

bbm. It's been reported that the affidavit was filed, so presumably it's on file at the Orange County court, and perhaps it can be accessed via the court's website somehow. But I don't think any news agency has published the full affidavit.

I keep going back and forth on the "why" of this senseless act. There are many possible scenarios. IMO

1. The murderer is an emotionally unstable, closeted gay man who hasn't come to terms with his sexuality and hates his attraction to men. He hooks up with Blaze and then goes into a rage and kills him.

2. The murderer is homophobic, Blaze makes a pass and the killer kills out of anger and disgust.

3. Blaze and "friend" were lovers or former lovers and got into an argument. A lovers quarrel gone horribly wrong. Or Blaze threatened to "out" him/expose their relationship.

6. Pure hate crime, murderer lured him and killed him because he hates all gays.

7. Murderer is a serial killer who targets gay men/boys. (Are there similar cases in the area?)

Great post. It's got to be one of these.

Just watched KTLA news. The reporter was at OCSD headquarters in Santa Ana. He felt strongly there will be a break in the case today. Also that investigators don’t believe this was premeditated. Of course he talked about the friend. The reporter also mentioned there were 3 search warrants served.

I will post a link as soon as it is available.

We don't know that any of his story is true. We don't know that Blaze ran away.
The camping equipment found in his car was probably so that he, the killer, could run away. He was scared. His family might have kept these items in their garage/home. We don't know that he purchased them.
I'm a little confused about the rental car. Was it rented in his name? His parents name? If so, what were the circumstancesabout why it was rented? I don't think it was rented to perform a murder. Too traceable.
Is there a link that says Blaze alerted his friend that he was in trouble? If so, does it relate to any premeditation by the killer? All we know is that he texted his friend.
Imo if this was a young man, possibly even a teen, I don't think he met Blaze to kill him. I think something went bad and Blaze is now gone. So sad.

Great questions! And you're right. We don't know if he is telling the truth about Blaze running away. But it seems like these perps always sprinkle truth in their initial statements.

He told the truth about picking Blaze up from his home and taking him to the park.

I definitely don't think there was a relationship of any substance since Blaze had to text him his address. Had their been a history he would have known where Blaze lived.

I read that he texted his friend early on. I will see if I can find the article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

further info, New details have emerged in the homicide case of a missing Orange County teenager who was found dead near Borego Park. Rick Montanez reports for Today in LA on Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018. (Published 3 minutes ago), https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Three-Search-Warrants-Issued-in-Connection-to-The-Death-of-OC-Teen-Blaze-Bernstein-468791803.html

3 search warrants - I'm guessing 1 is for the car. I'm not fully convinced the actual murder took place in the park as they didn't get to the park until midnight and Blake sent a text suggestive of foul play at 11:30 pm and shortly after that his phone turned off.

3 search warrants - I'm guessing 1 is for the car. I'm not fully convinced the actual murder took place in the park as they didn't get to the park until midnight and Blake sent a text suggestive of foul play at 11:30 pm and shortly after that his phone turned off.
The 3rd search warrant could be for his phone.

Does anyone have a link to verify the 11:30 text message people keep referring to? Where did that info come from? I missed it.

Just watched KTLA news. The reporter was at OCSD headquarters in Santa Ana. He felt strongly there will be a break in the case today. Also that investigators don’t believe this was premeditated. Of course he talked about the friend. The reporter also mentioned there were 3 search warrants served.

Well there we have it. No premeditation. We will probably get a lot of new info today.

I'm going with 1 or 3. Most probably 3.

I'm going with 1 or 3. Most probably 3.

He only problem with 3 is that he didn't know where Blaze lived. I think he would have his address if they were in a relationship.

He only problem with 3 is that he didn't know where Blaze lived. I think he would have his address if they were in a relationship.

Good point!

The timeline/text to female friend came from one of the interviews w the family and the family attorney. If someone could post the link to the media page I could probably find it but I can't remember which thread the media link page was on.

The 3rd search warrant could be for his phone.

Does anyone have a link to verify the 11:30 text message people keep referring to? Where did that info come from? I missed it.
Me too!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I apologize if I've missed a basic fact that makes this theory totally not plausible: could it be that they knew each other from high school but met that night via some hook-up site not realizing that they knew each other from high school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hopesloth