Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been said by the OC Register that they attended the same high school, which seems easy enough to confirm, but I don’t think it’s been verified that they were HS friends. I think that was just what the driver was claiming. (It certainly could be true, but now we’ve seen that other pieces of the driver’s story aren’t adding up either.)

And yes, BB was definitely gay. He was seen on Tinder and Grindr, and his Tumblr has several posts indicating that he liked men and at certain points was having difficulty coming out to his family.

Good point. They could have easily met on a dating/hookup app and then when B.B. figures out they went to the same HS that could have lured him into a false sense of security.

It still could be a stranger in the sense that they may have attended the same high school but didn’t know each other very well. His family said they didn’t recognize or know the individual.
I mean it’s totally possible that his parents never met this person because BB was hiding his friendship with him from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yes, that certainly could be the case.

I thought you meant stranger as in never met/accounted before. My mistake! :wave:

The 3rd search warrant could be for his phone.

Does anyone have a link to verify the 11:30 text message people keep referring to? Where did that info come from? I missed it.

Claire, found this:
https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/...ng-19-year-old-lake-forest-man/#disqus_thread

I know from following this from the very beginning that there are more articles that talked about the text message to the girl at 11:30, but it's like that info has been removed, or else I just haven't come across the additional articles yet.

ETA: Check out Post #76 on this thread.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...e-Bernstein-19-Lake-Forest-2-Jan-2018-1/page6

Is it confirmed fact that Blaze was gay? There is a lot of mention of it but I just haven't seen it in MSM or anything like that.

God, this poor boy :( I dread to think what information will be uncovered about his premature death.

Blaze is not in the closet at Penn. He is part of the LGBT and Jewish communities at Penn.

Sadly, Blaze's 'friend' killed him. And, it was due to Blaze being gay. When it all comes out in the wash, the motive will be rooted in homosexuality. He was a lovely young man with so much potential and so much to offer in life, if he would have been allowed to live. The killer may also be a lovely young man with much to offer and will be lost to prison. Two families will be destroyed forever. It is all so pointless.

I always think of the people who find the body, the LE personnel and all those who have to be intimately involved with the murder and how it impacts them and their families as well. It is a wide ring of damage to so many people.

They are all in my prayers.

Do you have inside information? I didn’t see the motive specified in any MSM?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you have inside information? I didn’t see the motive specified in any MSM?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd say this sleuther was sharing their opinion of what has happened here.

(I apologize if that is not the case, TeaTime).

Hmmm.. I don't know if we can 100 percent say that he was killed because he was gay.

I would like to think that he was killed because he made a mistake in a hook up and things went wrong. We don't say that people are killed in m/f hook ups because they are hetero.

Him being gay is only the choice in suitor he made. Still doesn't take away from the fact that he seems to have made a random hook up (repeated? we don't know) that ended fatally.

Another thing that has struck me as slightly odd about the Driver being friends with BB:

They supposedly parked outside a Hobby Lobby to “catch up” and “hang out” before going to the park.

There’s a 24-hour Denny’s right next door. And several fast food restaurants open late. And there’s even a giant movie theatre complex and food court one street over.

If they were old friends catching up, why would they sit in the car and not just hang out at one of the restaurants? These are cheap establishments frequented by plenty of poor HS and college age students. It just seems a little odd they’d need to stay in the car if all they were supposedly doing was catching up.

Which again points to it being a hookup and/or meeting between two people who wanted to be unseen by others.

Another thing that has struck me as slightly odd about the Driver being friends with BB:

They supposedly parked outside a Hobby Lobby to “catch up” and “hang out” before going to the park.

There’s a 24-hour Denny’s right next door. And several fast food restaurants open late. And there’s even a giant movie theatre complex and food court one street over.

If they were old friends catching up, why would they sit in the car and not just hang out at one of the restaurants? These are cheap establishments frequented by plenty of poor HS and college age students. It just seems a little odd they’d need to stay in the car if all they were supposedly doing was catching up.

Which again points to it being a hookup and/or meeting between two people who wanted to be unseen by others.

Also if that's not a true statement, it accounts for there being no video surveillance of either of them when speaking to LE.

It is... It is a horrible one!

Anonymous messaging ... what could ever go wrong (need sarcasm font) a lot have it in their instagram and snapchat

Based on his Spotify (online music player) account, I think we can confirm he was. But there's always room for doubt.

Edit: deleted photo for respect

He was gay. On his fathers personal FB the cover photo with he and Jeanne (mother) is an attached gay ribbon, and 2 or 3 other photos have the same or similar. One is of the family dog highlighted with it. I imagine this was the family’s way of openly showing their love and acceptance of Blaze.

3 search warrants - I'm guessing 1 is for the car. I'm not fully convinced the actual murder took place in the park as they didn't get to the park until midnight and Blake sent a text suggestive of foul play at 11:30 pm and shortly after that his phone turned off.

I find it very hard to believe that someone carried a body the length of that park, in the open. There are no trees or bushes in the park and it is quite a distance. Even if there were 2 suspects. Getting a body that far into the park would be highly risky. And I find it almost inpossivle to carry a body up the footpath from the shopping center.

Based on the evidence so far, yes it’s absolutely plausible that they were only loosely acquainted before and then reconnected via an app.

Thank you. So far this is the only theory that made sense to me based on the facts that I knew of.

Hmmm.. I don't know if we can 100 percent say that he was killed because he was gay.

I would like to think that he was killed because he made a mistake in a hook up and things went wrong. We don't say that people are killed in m/f hook ups because they are hetero.

Him being gay is only the choice in suitor he made. Still doesn't take away from the fact that he seems to have made a random hook up (repeated? we don't know) that ended fatally.

This exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member