CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's horrendous. I think it's easy for some people (not the people here, but the general public) to forget that some of these children are adult human beings who, in another life, could have had children, homes and jobs of their own by now.

It's been freaking me out people referring to some of the pictures as looking 'normal' or the children 'seeming happy'. I am the same age as the oldest child, and if she entered my friend group looking as she did in the photos I would assume she either had a severe eating disorder or some type of long term health condition affecting her size. Either way, I would be very concerned. It should be clear to everyone, and a way not to minimize the abuse suffered, to accept the fact that these children have likely been abused and neglected their entire lives.
At nearly 30 years old I have my own apartment, a fulfilling job, and I'm getting married this year. It hurts my soul to know that the oldest child - this poor woman - has been infantilized by her own parents, and now by the world. What a tragedy.
Your post had me in tears. I’m sorry.....
IMO... she will never have or experience what you have.

The Things photo was posted in April 2016. Unsure when actually taken.
I saw that after I posted that the DM stated the photo was posted in April 2016. Here is a photo of the baby #13 at the wedding renewal October 2015. I am not a good judge of baby ages, but JMO the Thing photo was taken during the road trip to Vegas for the October renewal based on everyone's haircuts and appearance - eg, baby is same age in both photos.

Attachments

• wedding.seated.jpg
    wedding.seated.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 181
Here’s another photo that was in the DailyMail article.

Same tee shirts and same jeans but with a different background.

63675cd9d85bc62932c2c392e5a21bcb.jpg

I wonder who took these photos?

A timeline, this one based on the assumption the children's ages as listed on the bankruptcy application are accurate (** adding- they're not, so will try to correct for that in next pass).

--------

1985. The 16 year old high school drop out Louise and the 25 year old star college engineering student David are both living in their hometown of Princeton, WV.

He's attending UVA, she is living at home with parents who don't allow their kids to either date or watch TV. According to L's sister, Louise marries David to escape parents and a home life she finds too restrictive. Why the 25 year old future engineer marries an uneducated 16 year old girl is unknown.

David lands a job with General Dynamic, based outside Fort Worth, Texas. They relocate there from WV (or via CA first?) and live in a brick house in a "normal" neighborhood for approximately 6 years. They have 3-4 children while living here: ((????)) Note the 2 year intervals between the births of their first 4 children (???)

Their first child and eldest daughter is born in 1988, 3 years after they are first married (thank you, Poitry).

In 1999 they move again, this time to that rural farm house in Rio Vista, Texas they buy for $40,000. David now works for Lockheed Martin. Louise gives birth to their 5th child that year.

Children born in Rio Vista came one after another: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, and 2005. The last child born in Texas arrived in 2007. When they leave for CA in 2010, they'll leave with 11 children.

Note the interval of just one year between the births of children five through 8.(???)

In 2004 Louise and David buy a double wide trailer for more than they spent on their farm house. They now have 2 mortgages to pay. They also now have 9 children, ranging in age from a newborn to 12 years old; 6 of the children, excluding the newborn, are age 6 or younger. (????)

Louise is 35 years old. She and David have been married for 19 years.

Several of the "older" kids are allowed to play with a neighbor's kids for a time. That ends when the neighbor mom asks one of the kids her name. She's told by the kid that she/he isn't allowed to tell anyone her name.

LE says the neglect then abuse began in these years. At some point Louise & David abandon (most?)of their kids and live separately, stopping by occasionally to feed children who are all under the age of 14-15, at the very oldest.

In 2007, Louise & David apply for, receive, and begin liberally using a slew of credit cards, running up tens of thousands of debt on those cards. They apply for & receive still more cards in 2008 & run up an equivalent amount of debt on those cards as well. Ditto 2009, though in that year they receive a far more modest number of cards, which they use until they can't.

They also buy 3 brand new cars in 2009, with a hefty monthly payment attached to each.

In 2010 Louise & David are up to their ears in debt, and behind in payments for virtually everything. When they leave Texas for CA that year they leave behind 2 dogs, 1 cat, a house in foreclosure, and a double trailer which has been repossessed.

David begins an engineering job for Northrup Grumman in January, 2011. They declare bankruptcy in August that year, with debts totalling about $140k, $4k in his checking account, and approx. $90k in 401k plans. They have their next to last child here, before moving again.

They move to Perris CA in 2014, where their (?) last child is born.

In 2018 they move, involuntarily, to jail, and if there is any justice to be had in this world, they will never be free again

(Please feel free to add info or correct if I've gotten anything wrong.)

Thanks so much for this!!!

One edit - I believe DT graduated from VA Tech, not UVA.

http://abc7.com/support-for-perris-torture-victims-pouring-in-from-around-world/2967628/

CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- More than $60,000 have been raised for the 13 siblings allegedly held captive by their parents in Perris, and the donations continue to pour in from around the world.

The Corona Chamber of Commerce hosted its monthly breakfast on Friday. Before it began, a basket was passed around to collect donations for the Perris victims.

Chamber CEO Bobby Spiegel calls the 13 children and young adults, "the marvelous 13."

"I just want the children to know there's people in the world that love them," Spiegel said.

Someone asked pages ago for the photo, so here is the Thing photo where they are all in order:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/c...20180117/5f52ecbc73b01fa05a2caaa4c4c0a268.jpg

#13 is now two years old, will be three in 2018.
So this Thing photo is from sometime in late 2015 after the arrival of #13.

ancestry.com from a post in our first thread:

David born Oct 1961
married Feb 1985, he was 23
Louise was 16 at time of marriage, likely born in 1968
#1 first child born July 1988, then
#2 Feb 1992
#3 Nov 1993
#4 Nov 1995
#5 May 1997

end of ancestry.com info... guessing on middle children:
Thing#6 (b 1998)
Thing#7 (b 1999)
Thing#8 (b 2000)
Thing#9 (b 2002)
Thing#10 (b 2003)
Thing#11 (b 2004)
Thing#12 (b 2006)
... #13 born 2015

hth

Thanks. :) So the DOBs for kids on the 2011 bankruptcy papers ARE accurate, but the first born/victim #1 isn't listed, for whatever reason.

It's interesting that #1 wasn't born until 3 years into the marriage, and that there was such a long stretch before #2 was born (four years).

So for the first 7 years of their marriage (her age 16-23) they had no more than 2 children in the house; then, over the next 7 years (through 1999, when they moved to that isolated, rural farm house), she gave birth 5 more times.

Am still stuck on figuring out timelines. As I was trying to match up places & dates & how old kids were, I realized the kids' ages the monsters listed on their bankruptcy application in August 2011 can't be right, unless I'm missing something?

For instance, they said that their eldest child (daughter) was 19. Again, that was in 2011. If she was 19 then, she would only be 26 now, not 29. Huh?

If she really is 29 now, then they lied about the ages of all their kids. If they didn't lie, and she really was 19 in 2011, that would mean they were married for 7 years before they had their first child. Eh?

(Their 30 year anniversary was in 2015, which means they married in 1985).

I have an awful feeling that there are some missing children, and that those family photos were smoke and mirrors to stop extended family from figuring out who was who. If they were having a baby roughly every 18 months and sending out photos every three or four years, it would maybe have been possible to shuffle the kids along in sequence.
Of course, we could find that the Turpins privately sent regular individual photos of each child to family members and these images are not available to the public, but all we have seen are these group shots. Even in the "Thing" photo where the kids are identified by number, we can see that they aren't matched chronologically correctly. None of the older kids look the correct biological age.
A pair of short sighted grandparents who are determined to trust their god-fearing son would not be suspicious or puzzled. But medical tests, testimony from the kids and careful matching of birth certificates to living children might reveal some missing kids.

Like a lot of people here, I’ve been glued to this tread since it broke.
But there is something that is getting me a little “stressed” out (and it is making me a bit upset so maybe I need to give myself a timeout) and it’s this very specific idea said again and again that perhaps DT is on the autism spectrum. It’s been very specifically said to be autism. And I know that no one is suggesting that this is why he is a monster... again, I know that no one has said this! However, it pains my heart to hear people specifically identifying (or specifically suggesting) him as being on the spectrum. Where is there ANY proof, any documentation, any specific traits that one can see from the photos and videos that suggests he has autism? Just being book smart, being an engineer and being aloof and not having a lot of friends does not necessarily mean he has autism.
There are no MSM reports that say it, that quote it.
Most people I know with autism are wonderful, loving, sweet sweet people. I know a lot of them.
If I could ask a favor, I would ask that we wait before we specifically identify a mental impairment on either of these vile horrible monsters of parents.
And if it comes out that he does have a diagnosis of ASD, I’ll eat crow.
Thank you. Rant over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love to hear from the college professor who taught the child that was allowed to attend college. Was his work on par with the other students? I assume he was required to take the SAT or placement tests when he enrolled. My daughter takes dual enrollment classes and there is a great deal of work involved. There is no way she would be able to do it as a high school student if she were behind educationally.

It's mind boggling that the kid didn't pass a note to the professor (even on an assignment).

I watched it a couple of times and her face definitely changes but I think it was anger, not pain. Anger that he messed up holding her hand correctly (for the show)?

moo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_FShQVnJIw

This video is odd on so, so many levels. Those poor children/adults. MOO No way will LT have any success with a defense in which she claims anything short of 100% equal complicity in the horrendous acts against her children. She comes across, at least to me in the video of her in court yesterday and these videos, as an equal (if not more) and willing participant. I wouldn't be surprised to learn it was she that had control over him. SHM Pure evil.

Sorry if this is a little off-topic but it makes me so upset that a monster like her can pop out 13 kids and my husband and I have been dealing with infertility for 9 years. We are so blessed to have the child that we do have, but all my life I dreamed of having a big family and we haven't been able to do so. I would have loved each and every one of those children, and given them the life they deserve.

I hear ya girl. I posted something similar yesterday. It’s like a cruel joke. I love my stepkids, but I still long for one of my own to love, spoil, and cherish. Life works in funny ways. ❤️

I don’t know if this is accurate or just the grandmother’s interpretation. Yearly passes aren’t cheap especially for that many people.

“Their grandmother, said the entire family would go on vacation together and had yearly passes to Disneyland.“

http://kfor.com/2018/01/16/what-we-...d-and-emaciated-children-of-torture-suspects/

Of course, that could be a lie but YEESH! the cheapest yearly pass you can buy is over $300 a year EACH...yet they wouldn't FEED their own children. I can't even......

I watched it a couple of times and her face definitely changes but I think it was anger, not pain. Anger that he messed up holding her hand correctly (for the show)?

moo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_FShQVnJIw

I couldn’t tell about the hands on my phone but two things broke my heart as I watched this again - how hard the oldest daughter appears to be trying to have a good time and make this day special for her parents and how all three older girls lose their balance at various times.

I want to rip the monsters’ faces off. To have these wonderful, sweet children and try to break them the way they did. [emoji174]

Maybe not a girl.

I believe the lewd act was committed against the 8th child, who also appears to be the child
who contacted the authorities. Looking over the charges and a few other posts this is what I’m piecing together.

Someone asked pages ago for the photo, so here is the Thing photo where they are all in order:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/c...20180117/5f52ecbc73b01fa05a2caaa4c4c0a268.jpg

#13 is now two years old, will be three in 2018.
So this Thing photo is from sometime in late 2015 after the arrival of #13.

ancestry.com from a post in our first thread:

David born Oct 1961
married Feb 1985, he was 23
Louise was 16 at time of marriage, likely born in 1968
#1 first child born July 1988, then
#2 Feb 1992
#3 Nov 1993
#4 Nov 1995
#5 May 1997

end of ancestry.com info... guessing on middle children:
Thing#6 (b 1998)
Thing#7 (b 1999)
Thing#8 (b 2000)
Thing#9 (b 2002)
Thing#10 (b 2003)
Thing#11 (b 2004)
Thing#12 (b 2006)
... #13 born 2015

hth
It was me!! Thank you thank you thank you. I wasn’t able to get screenshots before FB went down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member