Found Deceased CO - Natalie Bollinger, 19, Broomfield, 28 Dec 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your thoughts regarding a friends therory of retaliation for an unpaid drug debt by TB?

Very possible. TB had/has alot of dangerous affiliations, as seen by Natalie’s comments in SS’s screen shots. I also think that kind of danger exists whenever someone or someone close to you is deep into the drug scene. According to Natalie, it was not just her dad. It was her uncle too. And she and her sister were running drugs for them a few years ago, so they were even in the mix. Plus, if any boyfriends or close friends were involved in drugs, it makes the girls a possible target.

That said, IMO, I still am leaning towards something domestic. Past or present boyfriend or someone affiliated with a boyfriend (past or present)

What are your thoughts regarding a friends therory of retaliation for an unpaid drug debt by TB?

I know you weren't asking me but I'll still give my opinion. I think that's not at all likely. Seems like something the kid probably thought up after watching a movie or something. Highly doubt it.

Gotcha. I’m not in any of the groups, but that makes sense.

ETA: this was in response to the info about Michael the suspected fb troll. Thought I had it quoted but clearly not - newb alert!

Exactly what I was thinking when I read the conversations. He seemed completely normal. Makes me think whatever drugs they have him on for his many self-reported conditions makes him that way. IDK. He was kinda witty a few times even. Natalie did seem to encourage the conversations from what he showed. She had to say "I love you" a dozen times.

SAME HERE!! I wonder if he's just SO off the wall right now out of frustration, fear, and the fact nobody is believing him. The threats-- and the threats to his FRIENDS?? (plus mental illness &too much/not enough ? meds)

He seems calmer the more he gets to "speak" and explain himself and prove what he's been trying to say all along. I'm sure it's a possibility that there's some element of him thinking--- "pretend to be normal Shawn, pretend to be normal Shawn....don't let her see just how in love with her you are with her--- she'll run" going on in those FB msg's, but GOLLY-- I never thought I'd say this, but I am now 99.999% convinced that he had nothing to do with her murder!!

He's intelligent, he's manipulative, he's cunning, motive driven, cynical and ANGRY --- but also seems to have a major issue with FRUSTRATION!!! He's got communication issues, technology issues, lack of funds, problems obtaining supporting proof, paranoia about law enforcement, issues with favoritism (pretty ppl), has had a lifetime of ppl's uneducated assumptions and opinions, ppl not walking in his shoes telling him what he should be doing all the time....
I wonder if he just comes absolutely UNGLUED and panics when the frustration boils over? Hence him calling his major melt downs "panic attacks"??

I don't know-- not a PhD----I just don't think his HEART has the capacity to intentionally physically harm someone-- least of all NATALIE or any of the ppl that he has formed an unhealthy attachments to in the past. I suspect that he's got so many overlapping diagnoses-es that we can pick it apart ALL day and get nowhere. One huge one I'd add is EMPATH. (homeless/vets)

Do we not have ANY licensed certified social workers or psychiatrists on here willing to binge his page and chip in some thoughts?

I'll eat crow if I am wrong and maybe even consider a completely new career path---- I just CANNOT see it anymore.

I believe that Natalie loved him as a person. She wasn't faking interest. Pity at times, yes. He got annoying, you can tell. Messaging her all day, every day. He became too attached and she seemed to realize it after it was too late. I see her making excuses to not respond as often--- delaying her responses with excuses to "train" him, etc. She reminds him of her (albeit scum) boyfriend(s) all the time----lest he forget she's not interested romantically. But she had a HEART OF GOLD and such empathy for him. It was sincere. It was a mutual fondness. She just had her own life and issues and I believe that he exhausted her.

Perhaps her family didn't understand him as well and influenced her too much into fearing him?
PAINS me to see her suffering- emotionally and physically in those messages and STILL putting his needs above her own. Whomever harmed this girl should be forever mentally tormented.

SS seems like the perfect made for TV Hollywood climax ending--- but I suspect the real murderer will be some lame, anti-climactic coward. SS is almost brave at this point. He may go down, but he's going down fighting like hellz.
God bless his nutso unsettled heart.

(Plz remind me that I said all of this if I'm wrong. This could be perimenopausal madness)

Nocturnal, my thoughts about all this are similar to yours. Now I do not think SS’s behavior after Natalie said she no longer wanted to be friends was acceptable in any, way, shape or form. I think a lot of his issues about that(and why he got stuck in the “loop”) was he was angry at himself for screwing it up. He just wanted a chance to explain himself and fix it, but he just made things worse in his desperation.

Not a LCSW or psych but I did work in mental health before my daughter was born a year ago and I think he definitely has attachment issues of some sort and possible some sort of OCD with the obsessive thoughts. Though that could just be severe anxiety too.

I do think her family may have had a hand in her finally getting the RO. I’m sure TB went ballistic when SS posted what Natalie had written on his FB wall back in early December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAME HERE!! I wonder if he's just SO off the wall right now out of frustration, fear, and the fact nobody is believing him. The threats-- and the threats to his FRIENDS?? (plus mental illness &too much/not enough ? meds)

He seems calmer the more he gets to "speak" and explain himself and prove what he's been trying to say all along. I'm sure it's a possibility that there's some element of him thinking--- "pretend to be normal Shawn, pretend to be normal Shawn....don't let her see just how in love with her you are with her--- she'll run" going on in those FB msg's, but GOLLY-- I never thought I'd say this, but I am now 99.999% convinced that he had nothing to do with her murder!!

He's intelligent, he's manipulative, he's cunning, motive driven, cynical and ANGRY --- but also seems to have a major issue with FRUSTRATION!!! He's got communication issues, technology issues, lack of funds, problems obtaining supporting proof, paranoia about law enforcement, issues with favoritism (pretty ppl), has had a lifetime of ppl's uneducated assumptions and opinions, ppl not walking in his shoes telling him what he should be doing all the time....
I wonder if he just comes absolutely UNGLUED and panics when the frustration boils over? Hence him calling his major melt downs "panic attacks"??

I don't know-- not a PhD----I just don't think his HEART has the capacity to intentionally physically harm someone-- least of all NATALIE or any of the ppl that he has formed an unhealthy attachments to in the past. I suspect that he's got so many overlapping diagnoses-es that we can pick it apart ALL day and get nowhere. One huge one I'd add is EMPATH. (homeless/vets)

Do we not have ANY licensed certified social workers or psychiatrists on here willing to binge his page and chip in some thoughts?

I'll eat crow if I am wrong and maybe even consider a completely new career path---- I just CANNOT see it anymore.

I believe that Natalie loved him as a person. She wasn't faking interest. Pity at times, yes. He got annoying, you can tell. Messaging her all day, every day. He became too attached and she seemed to realize it after it was too late. I see her making excuses to not respond as often--- delaying her responses with excuses to "train" him, etc. She reminds him of her (albeit scum) boyfriend(s) all the time----lest he forget she's not interested romantically. But she had a HEART OF GOLD and such empathy for him. It was sincere. It was a mutual fondness. She just had her own life and issues and I believe that he exhausted her.

Perhaps her family didn't understand him as well and influenced her too much into fearing him?
PAINS me to see her suffering- emotionally and physically in those messages and STILL putting his needs above her own. Whomever harmed this girl should be forever mentally tormented.

SS seems like the perfect made for TV Hollywood climax ending--- but I suspect the real murderer will be some lame, anti-climactic coward. SS is almost brave at this point. He may go down, but he's going down fighting like hellz.
God bless his nutso unsettled heart.

(Plz remind me that I said all of this if I'm wrong. This could be perimenopausal madness)
Great post!! Think that pretty much sums it up!

Nocturnal, my thoughts about all this are similar to yours. Now I do not think SS’s behavior after Natalie said she no longer wanted to be friends was acceptable in any, way, shape or form. I think a lot of his issues about that(and why he got stuck in the “loop”) was he was angry at himself for screwing it up. He just wanted a chance to explain himself and fix it, but he just made things worse in his desperation.

Not a LCSW or psych but I did work in mental health before my daughter was born a year ago and I think he definitely has attachment issues of some sort and possible some sort of OCD with the obsessive thoughts. Though that could just be severe anxiety too.

I do think her family may have had a hand in her finally getting the RO. I’m sure TB went ballistic when SS posted what Natalie had written on his FB wall back in early December.

I agree about the RO. Natalie pretty much foreshadowed it in her conversations with SS- her family would not like him, they would not want him around, and she was worried about it.

I am so confused about the nature of their relationship!

I think the big thing to take from all the communications he makes and the ones of Natalie's he's posted (which I still think is particularly inappropriate - if he thinks they are relevant to the case, give them to the police - he's only posting them for his own self-interest not hers) is that SHE decided she didn't want his contact anymore...period. Regardless of what the relationship was like before, she asked him repeatedly to leave her alone. The nature of the relationship from that point forward was that she didn't want ANY relationship with him, and he ignored that..over and over again. Then he got angry and started doing things that were inappropriate, and for someone in Natalie's situation, would have been downright scary.

So pretty much there was no relationship from the first time she asked him to stop making contact...the rest after that was not a relationship, it was stalking.

The way this case has developed reminds me of a murder she wrote or midsomer murder episode. I don't say this to joke. There is that many characters with dodgy pasts that you could think its any number of people. Its a crying shame for Natalie that at such a young age she had so many bad influences around her that it would have been more unbelievable if something serious didn't happen to her.
Between being left by her mum, made a drug taker/runner by her dad, staying out at night on the streets and the alleged abuse, she really is amazing to have a kind heart, and that's the impression I get. That Natalie was caring towards people who were less fortunate than herself.
I really hope LE are just keeping things to their selves and are building the case quietly.

The way this case has developed reminds me of a murder she wrote or midsomer murder episode. I don't say this to joke. There is that many characters with dodgy pasts that you could think its any number of people. Its a crying shame for Natalie that at such a young age she had so many bad influences around her that it would have been more unbelievable if something serious didn't happen to her.
Between being left by her mum, made a drug taker/runner by her dad, staying out at night on the streets and the alleged abuse, she really is amazing to have a kind heart, and that's the impression I get. That Natalie was caring towards people who were less fortunate than herself.
I really hope LE are just keeping things to their selves and are building the case quietly.

Agree! Now do you have Jessica Fletcher's number.....

I think the big thing to take from all the communications he makes and the ones of Natalie's he's posted (which I still think is particularly inappropriate - if he thinks they are relevant to the case, give them to the police - he's only posting them for his own self-interest not hers) is that SHE decided she didn't want his contact anymore...period. Regardless of what the relationship was like before, she asked him repeatedly to leave her alone. The nature of the relationship from that point forward was that she didn't want ANY relationship with him, and he ignored that..over and over again. Then he got angry and started doing things that were inappropriate, and for someone in Natalie's situation, would have been downright scary.

So pretty much there was no relationship from the first time she asked him to stop making contact...the rest after that was not a relationship, it was stalking.

As inappropriate as I think it is, too, I would probably do the same thing if social media and websites such as this whipped up a storm of netizens into a nasty, aggressive frenzy against me. There's clearly a lot more to the story of their friendship and the RO than we've heard, and posting that info does provide some defense against that aggression.

I had stopped looking at his page but looked last night and found SS’s screenshots of their convos to be particularly illuminating. They show a history of issues with at least one ex boyfriend, deep depression, family issues, etc. They also show what a kind hearted person she was.

I agree that it’s heartbreaking that Natalie had so many horrible influences around her and a terrible support system at such a young age.

As inappropriate as I think it is, too, I would probably do the same thing if social media and websites such as this whipped up a storm of netizens into a nasty, aggressive frenzy against me. There's clearly a lot more to the story of their friendship and the RO than we've heard, and posting that info does provide some defense against that aggression.

I can definitely understand why he posted. Any msm article published has discussed him. I probably would just deactivate social media, but maybe he was told not to

I do understand what you are saying, but what really upsets me is that the court had instructed SS very clearly to keep his distance, to leave Natalie alone. He didn't. Now in the wake of her death, he is doing things that if she were alive would clearly be breaching the order, as well as show evidence of harassment. It's very sad to me that he continues to do this given her passing, especially when he continues to spout how much he cares for her and her memory. It's contradictory.

I don't have any sympathy for SS right now in relation to his behaviour - he could be making choices that would reduce the amount of discomfort and aggression he is exposed to but he is choosing to stand front and centre in the face of it i.e. persisting with the SM rantings and taunting people. This is his choice. I don't agree with any form of bullying, and it's sad if people are threatening him, but he is on the receiving end of what he has been doing to other people for some time.

Pull apart his comments on his FB - really read what he is saying and how he says it. This guy is not a victim in the way he is describing. He has experienced what sounds like shocking and very sad events and experiences in his life. But so have alot of people. Look at the way he views life, people, levels of support around him. It says alot about who he truly is, regardless of why he is the way he is.

This case is a perfect example of how one decision can change the course of your entire life. Had Natalie not have made the post about SS, she would very likely never have been associated with him in the media. It kind of saddens me that when you pull up news articles like the one above, you see his face plastered all over. I'm sure she would have hated that but as a sweet, logical person, I'm sure she would've wanted the real events of her life to play out and justice to be served. I know I would.

I think the bottom line here is this guy is a real crackpot. He needs to shave off that ridiculous beard and sober himself up by committing himself to a mental hospital, and having his medications properly adjusted.

He basically took advantage of this woman's kindness and exploded it to feed his own insanity. He continuously harassed her in life, and is now exploding her death in public view thus continuing his non stop harassment.

He could also be open to a lawsuit from her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle