Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering what caused TPS to conclude that both BS and HS (as opposed to just one of them) were targeted.

May HS & BS rest in peace and their killers be found and held to account.

This is all of course IMO. First time I am commenting on the Sherman case.

From the moment I heard this terrible story (and I'm quite familiar with Toronto) and it wasn't carbon monoxide or fire/smoke inhalation, there was no way it was MS. Anyone I talked to about it, we were pretty unanimous no MS, targetted DM. I found it a little funny that with the police conference with media last week, that media were surprised by the double-M investigation being confirmed. I think it is because they were hoping for drama and to see TPS versus the family hired private investigation.

It’s both interesting and annoying some of the wild theories people have - too much convenient TV "theory" and too much of a desire for drama when it is already too awful what BS & HS went through. It's irksome that some people have speculated and continue to speculate that this is a burglary or robbery gone wrong. Burglars are in and out as quick as they can. Robbers aren’t going to go to these lengths on murder. These murders are sinister. It was planned, the victims were watched, monitored, tracked. They were about to leave for holiday, HS ahead of BS. HS was planning her Florida engagements. I tend to agree with Kilr0y in that, if HS was not part of the target, they'd have approached BS anytime alone, or let HS be on her way to Florida to deal with BS. It's very upsetting to consider because her generosity seems to have known no end.

As for the earrings being spotted by the CP24 person? I have a reaction on that too: Come on! Sorry, just a little too convenient. Seems like a red herring. If not, certainly not enough, anyway, and hardly the case breaker.

I don't know if they will catch who did this and as someone else speculated somewhere in these threads, if they are even from or in this country. It's quite plausible that they are not. No doubt TPS will put resources to good use and I have no doubt that the family has a far reach and will use any and every means they can.
I don't think anyone implied that the earrings were a case breaker :). Just an interesting and unintended development.

As for the earrings being spotted by the CP24 person? I have a reaction on that too: Come on! Sorry, just a little too convenient. Seems like a red herring. If not, certainly not enough, anyway, and hardly the case breaker.

My thought was it was very convent for CP24 to spot the earring when they were the only news channel there that day...just a thought.

I'm wondering what caused TPS to conclude that both BS and HS (as opposed to just one of them) were targeted.

Well, if the killer(s) were keeping tabs on the Shermans, they would possibly have known, as someone previously mentioned that HS would have been leaving for Florida in a few days. If they just wanted to get BS, they would have waited until HS was out of the country as it would have been an easier job.

Clearly we don’t think of Canada and the U.S. as being different countries. Not sure if that’s flattering or an insult. :D

With all due respect, only an American would be unsure :gaah:

No offense intended, but it irks me to see the Sherman's murderers variously described (here and elsewhere) as 'professional' or 'sophisticated.' Such terms give the culprits in this case far more respect than I think they deserve. I'd call these brutal murders an unconscionable torture-execution by a couple of heartless henchmen.

When I lived in Chicago, there was a mass murder just a few blocks from my residence. Four people had been bound to chairs, seated around their dinner table, and given "Columbian neck-ties." Thats when the throat is cut, and the tongue is pulled down thru the slit. I didn't regard it as a meticulously planned professional hit; I thought it was cold-blooded gangland slaughter by some Mexican cartel th_gs, which it was.

Is this case a contract killing? Probably so. A premeditated murder? Almost certainly. But when I hear the term 'professional hit,' I think of a hitman like Johnny Martorano of the Winter Hill gang, who lost track of how many people he had killed, because he stopped counting after 50. As has been said by many members on this board, a professional hit is quick and uncomplicated.

I don't mean to parse words, but it really angers me to think of these soulless stone-hearted assassins reading the newspaper, watching TV, or surfing the net, and seeing the media (or even some LE people) describe their actions in terms like professional or well-planned, and feeling complimented by it. :banghead:

I think Honey was targeted too, because whatever the motive was, it wouldn’t be solved if she was left alive, ie donations would continue, personal grievances continue. She probably thought the same as Barry about many issues.
By killing them both, their power is gone.
I don’t think it was a matter of her being in wrong place at wrong time.
Today I’m leaning towards the cause being connected to Apotex, seems so odd JD would leave like this in the middle of their biggest crisis, after all his years working there.
Not inferring he is involved, but that is probably the biggest thing that has changed, CEO gone.

As one who has always called this case a double homicide, when I heard TPS confirm that obvious fact on the very same day that Apotex announced Dr. Desai's 'resignation,' I felt certain that the two events must be connected.

It prompted me to say here that the instigator of this hideous double murder was one of Barry's colleagues, in the highest echelon of Apotex management, who was somehow involved in the recent Teva lawsuit. It also seemed likely to me that Honey was roughed up by hired killers in order to force Barry to divulge some secret, such as an Apotex superuser password.

But on further consideration, (and based in part on the dream I had on the morning the Shermans' bodies were discovered), I've returned to my original hypothesis that this was a vengeful murder-for-hire; paid for by one or more of the Winter cousins, after their lawsuit against Barry was quashed by a judge last September. JMO!

As one who has always called this case a double homicide, when I heard TPS confirm that obvious fact on the very same day that Apotex announced Dr. Desai's 'resignation,' I felt certain that the two events must be connected.

It prompted me to say here that the instigator of this hideous double murder was one of Barry's colleagues, in the highest echelon of Apotex management, who was somehow involved in the recent Teva lawsuit. It also seemed likely to me that Honey was roughed up by hired killers in order to force Barry to divulge some secret, such as an Apotex superuser password.

But on further consideration, (and based in part on the dream I had on the morning the Shermans' bodies were discovered), I've returned to my original hypothesis that this was a vengeful murder-for-hire; paid for by one or more of the Winter cousins, after their lawsuit against Barry was quashed by a judge last September. JMO!
I also still think the Winter cousins theory is more than plausible.

It's just the one cousin right? Kerry. I thought the brother did not involve himself in this lawsuit. Maybe I'm wrong. Also thought he did not have any money so how could he pay for this and what would he get out of it? I'm sure he's not in BS's will.

It's just the one cousin right? Kerry. I thought the brother did not involve himself in this lawsuit. Maybe I'm wrong. Also thought he did not have any money so how could he pay for this and what would he get out of it? I'm sure he's not in BS's will.
Four brothers total. One brother pulled out. Another brother died. Kerry was the most contemptful towards the Sherman's. It may not have been entirely financially motivated. Just complete contempt towards BS and feelings of being deeply wronged by him. A hit may not cost as much as folks think, or he could have done it himself, with or without assistance.

Respectfully disagree. They stand to gain nothing, other than what they might get if their appeal is successful, which doesn't depend on whether the Shermans are still living or not. Plus, wasn't a friend quoted as saying they were not sophisticated enough to plan it, and it's unlikely they had the resources to pay others.

Respectfully disagree. They stand to gain nothing, other than what they might get if their appeal is successful, which doesn't depend on whether the Shermans are still living or not. Plus, wasn't a friend quoted as saying they were not sophisticated enough to plan it, and it's unlikely they had the resources to pay others.

Revenge is a motive for murder.

Hmm. You would think that people like the Sherman's would have been surrounded by servants and security guards. It's really preplexing that whoever commited this crime was able to make their way in and out of the 12000 sq foot home without leaving a trace of their presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592