Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully disagree. They stand to gain nothing, other than what they might get if their appeal is successful, which doesn't depend on whether the Shermans are still living or not. Plus, wasn't a friend quoted as saying they were not sophisticated enough to plan it, and it's unlikely they had the resources to pay others.

It was a pretty organized murder, but just disorganized enough to be committed by "non-professionals" or someone with a very personal motive. I'm not saying it's the cousin(s) for sure (so many plausible possibilities), but I'm not in any way prepared to rule it out at this point. See below :).

Four brothers total. One brother pulled out. Another brother died. Kerry was the most contemptful towards the Sherman's. It may not have been entirely financially motivated. Just complete contempt towards BS and feelings of being deeply wronged by him. A hit may not cost as much as folks think, or he could have done it himself, with or without assistance.

You should also see some of the statements Kerry has said about BS and their litigations. You don't need to be incredibly wealthy to hire some help in a double murder. He obviously supports himself financially somehow.

ETA: It's also hard to speculate what anyone would gain financially with the murder of the Sherman's. Apotex will still go on with or without BS.

ETA: Apotex will still go on with or without BS.[/QUOTE]

Provided his ability to reverse-engineer products can be replicated.

ETA: Apotex will still go on with or without BS.

Provided his ability to reverse-engineer products can be replicated.[/QUOTE]

They have thousands of scientists working on it

Clearly we don’t think of Canada and the U.S. as being different countries. Not sure if that’s flattering or an insult. :D

They are quite distinct.

With all due respect, only an American would be unsure :gaah:

They are very different. U.S. here. :smile:

Hey folks. It was a self-deprecating JOKE! I let the first very literal response slide, but I guess my sense of humor fell flat for others too, despite my “grinny” face. :thud:

So I will spell it out for those who didn’t follow the train of thought that led to my seemingly (but not really) ignorant/insulting comment...

The back story...Two of us had replied to a question about Honey leaving the country by saying “No, she was going to Florida.” Well duh, Florida is in the U.S. so of course she was leaving the country. It was a momentary brain blip and we were embarrassed and joking about it when I made and labeled as such the HUMOROUS/sarcastic comment that ruffled feathers.

For the record, I DO know that the U.S. and Canada are very different countries. And it is abundantly clear that Canadians would be insulted, not flattered, to be lumped in with the U.S...even though I personally think national borders and national “pride” are rather silly. We are all very imperfect, flawed and related human beings who take ourselves entirely to seriously, leading to all manner of misunderstandings, even here on WS, apparently.

So, since my sense of humor unintentionally led to an unfunny international faux pas, I will refrain from joking about my mistakes in the future...at least on this thread. :rolleyes:

As Captain Martin said in Cool Hand Luke, "What we've got here is failure to communicate!"

Please don't let it bother you, Lilibet. Everything is copacetic. :)

AFAIK, everyone from Alert, Ellesmere Island to Ushuaia, Argentina is American.

My partner just told me about this last night, after hearing me go on about this case over the last 7 weeks. I think it could be relevant.

If the net worth of the company is about to take a big hit (no pun intended), someone might be motivated to try to sell or liquidate before the value drops further. BS would likely never have agreed. Don't want to speculate further about this.

OTOH, it appears the Shermans' business holdings and investments are pretty diversified.

ETA: It's also hard to speculate what anyone would gain financially with the murder of the Sherman's. Apotex will still go on with or without BS.
You are right, the company will go on at least for a while but they are in a tough situation. Much of the success of Apotex depended on Barry’s ability to formulate drugs in genius ways and the loss of BS will be a major loss for Apotex’s revenue stream. And that’s not all. The steady decline in generic drug prices for the past few years must have already decreased their profits. Add to that the recent loss of their legal tool, the Promise Doctrine. If that’s not enough, there is a recent US initiative to create a non-profit generic drug sector with about 450 hospitals on board to star with. If this program takes hold and expands, Canadian hospitals might follow suit and the generic drug industry will have to struggle to stay alive. MOO
Not-for-profit hospitals in the US are teaming up to create cheap generic drugs
https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/comment/not-profit-hospitals-us-teaming-create-cheap-generic-drugs/
The new company expects its first generic products to become available in early 2019. On the back of this news, the share prices of many generic drugmakers fell sharply.

Hmm. You would think that people like the Sherman's would have been surrounded by servants and security guards. It's really preplexing that whoever commited this crime was able to make their way in and out of the 12000 sq foot home without leaving a trace of their presence.

lbiz, we don't know what evidence the murderer(s) may have left in the house- LE is saying nothing. There could be prints, DNA, even a note, who knows?
Early on it was reported that a technician from the alarm/security company arrived at the house after LE secured the place. I assume that even if the alarm system is unarmed, the system may well capture and record in memory the date and time of every instance that a wired door or window is opened or closed. If the system has that capability, LE may well know when the culprit(s) exited the house (if they used a door or window wired to the alarm system)- even if the system wasn't in fact activated or armed at the time. Just MOO.

If the net worth of the company is about to take a big hit (no pun intended), someone might be motivated to try to sell or liquidate before the value drops further. BS would likely never have agreed. Don't want to speculate further about this.

OTOH, it appears the Shermans' business holdings and investments are pretty diversified.

As a private company, shareholders likely aren’t able to sell their shares without first offering them to other shareholders or the company first. It’s not easy to liquidate.

As Captain Martin said in Cool Hand Luke, "What we've got here is failure to communicate!"

Please don't let it bother you, Lilibet. Everything is copacetic. :)

AFAIK, everyone from Alert, Ellesmere Island to Ushuaia, Argentina is American.

OT—Ha! Failure to communicate...Ain’t that the truth. Thanks for the chuckle about Americans. I will not repeat my previous joke about being insulted or flattered. ;)

This week on The Fifth Estate, The Mystery of the Sherman Murders. Tune in Friday [February 2nd.) at 9 PM on CBC Television.

MORE INFO : Barry Sherman was Canada’s top pharmaceutical executive, worth over $4 billion dollars. His wife, Honey was a philanthropist who raised millions for charities. They were loved and admired for their success and generosity. But Barry also had a long list of enemies which had grown over time as he battled rivals in courtrooms and boardrooms, always determined to win, whatever the cost. So when the couple were found strangled in their Toronto home in December, the whispers began. Did someone really hate them enough to kill them? Was it a professional hit, an act of bitter vengeance from someone known to the Shermams, or was their another explanation? The Fifth Estate uncovers new leads in the mystery of the Sherman murders.

https://www.facebook.com/thefifthestate/

Imo Honey may have been killed to punish him.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Imo Honey may have been killed to punish him.

Imo, speculation.
Wondering if HS made all the decisions concerning the house(s), who gets to sell/buy it, chooses and hires the architect, designers, renovation companies, ect. hires/fires staff ect.

Decides who will and will not be in their social circle, ie. thinking of that wild case ( posted on earlier thread) of feuding that went on in Florida.
http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/sh/og1dB3kAlj/harold-peerenboom-perlmutter-marvel-florida-feud/

Imo, speculation.
Wondering if HS made all the decisions concerning the house(s), who gets to sell/buy it, chooses and hires the architect, designers, renovation companies, ect. hires/fires staff ect.

Decides who will and will not be in their social circle, ie. thinking of that wild case ( posted on earlier thread) of feuding that went on in Florida.
http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/sh/og1dB3kAlj/harold-peerenboom-perlmutter-marvel-florida-feud/

Yes I’d imagine Honey doing all that. Can’t see Barry being very interested in any of those things.

If you notice, there are many drug companies or generic companies suing another party. This is a pretty normal practice in this business.

But have any heads/owners of those other companies been murdered? I say "follow the money"
In the link of Federal Court cases, Apotex company I think was being sued or suing others 10 or 11 times through this year and maybe 1 listed for 2019 (lost count). Some were for trademark infringement etc. If the Sherman's murders were to send a message could it be to other drug companies?
Yes there are other pharmaceutical companies suing one another. But Apotex sure was involved in a lot of them JMO
Pharma seems to be a BIG business JMOr

I see Honey running the day to day household. I don't see her deciding who is allowed in their social circle. Like most social couples they would have had their own circle of friends. But as a couple they would have socialized with both circles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member