MO - Samara Kitts, 23, Harley, 24, & Willa Million, 1, slain, Wayne Co., 25 Jan 2018

death penalty state?

You betcha. MO just gave Michael Wood the death penalty in Greene County (Springfield) for the kidnap, rape and murder of Hailey Owens almost 4 years ago. With the quadruple murder in St. Louis this year and now this triple murder, the death penalty qualified lawyers are spread all over the state. Wood's attorneys have already filed an appeal to Supreme Court.

In my opinion MO needs to start exterminating those that do these incomprehensible
things.

In answer to your hopes. Information from the Probable Cause Statement:

The next morning, authorities said, he returned to scrub the scene. Police said he put the child in the truck with her dead parents, drove them into the woods and then shot and killed the child.

“He then took [the child] out of the vehicle,” according to the probable cause statement. “He eventually held her in his arms, with her facing away from him, and shot her in the back of the head.

“Atchison admitted to investigators he shot the weapon three times. On the first shot, the weapon malfunctioned. On the second shot he missed the child, and the third shot struck her.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-the-woods-police-say/?utm_term=.ecf0fb38a82c

I read the Probable Cause Statement filed with the Court. I was on a FB page of a family friend so I did not link it. All in all he confessed right away when authorities found the truck at this brothers house where he parked it.

:tears: This is truly heart breaking.

Seems to me that he had hoped the baby wouldn’t make it through the night, and when he realized that she did, he felt like the had to do something else. This is horrible. The killing of something so precious and innocent is something I just can’t comprehend.

I hear you elementallLaura. Some times there are threads I either have to not look at at all, or I have to walk away for a while to take a break. A case like this just physically makes me ill. By all accounts I have read this guy has confessed to everything. I'll be interested to know what it was that set him off.

I believe Drew Atchison has known the family for years and has been close to them. The family not only has to deal with the shock and loss of family but also that of who killed them. Drew also has a daughter about the same age as Willa, which makes it even more mind boggling. All this due to statements made by CS. There were posts made yesterday that the Sherriff requested they be taken down in an effort to be able to get a Jury when that time arrives.

I have never seen a case where the Court goes directly to a Counsel Status Hearing so quickly. They must know they are going for the Death Penalty.

01/31/2018
Counsel Status Hrng Scheduled
Scheduled For: 02/15/2018; 9:00 AM ; RANDY PAUL SCHULLER; Wayne Circuit Division
Arraignment Held

JMO

I’ve never, ever been more horrified than I am right now..... and I have followed hundreds of cases here on WS. Y’all, he pulled the trigger three times. As a momma, imaging the fear in this sweet baby is almost more than I can take.

“Atchison admitted to investigators he shot the weapon three times. On the first shot, the weapon malfunctioned. On the second shot he missed the child, and the third shot struck her.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-and-buried-them-all-in-the-woods-police-say/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That means he was pre-meditated three separate times. I think when they give him the needle they should only give him enough to put him so sleep the first two times and let him wake up. Then tell him "we're just practicing". On the third, let him have it.

JMO

That means he was pre-meditated three separate times. I think when they give him the needle they should only give him enough to put him so sleep the first two times and let him wake up. Then tell him "we're just practicing". On the third, let him have it.

JMO

I’m not a evil person. But I just watched a episode of Black Mirror and the person was electrocuted over and over again as part of a museum. Was chilling.
In this case it fits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus