GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if there were any cameras, or any procedures, for when Tim left the CDC building ? I know there is no footage of him in the parking lot area, but I wonder about leaving the actual building ? Seems like an agency like the CDC would keep track of comings and goings, but jmo.

I believe they mentioned key card swipes in the presser. So I do think they know he left the building.

uh oh :(

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/fisherman-finds-body-in-yellow-river-sheriffs-officials-say/710751693

The Yellow River is a 76-mile-long (122 km)[SUP][1][/SUP] tributary of the Ocmulgee River in the U.S. state of Georgia.
The river rises north of Lawrenceville in Gwinnett County and flows south through the outer eastern suburbs of Atlanta, passing through the easternmost corner of DeKalb County before entering Rockdale County. Continuing south into Newton County, the river joins the South River in Lake Jackson, 2 miles (3 km) upstream of the junction of the Alcovy River to form the Ocmulgee River.

Where was this body found in relation to where Timothy lived?

Over an hour drive southeast of his house.

The river also doesn’t flow anywhere near his house, it’s farther east.

Over an hour drive southeast of his house.

The river also doesn’t flow anywhere near his house, it’s farther east.

Yes. The Chattahoochee is close to Cunningham's house. If he had wanted to drown himself, that would be the most obvious place. The Chattahoochee has a completely different watershed from the Yellow River. For what it's worth, if a body in the Chattahoochee was washed downstream, it wouldn't end up anywhere near the Yellow River.

I hope they will search the Chattahoochee.

Oh my! This may be a big news story whoever it turns out to be.
It sounds like someone tried to hide his identity.

"Campbell said he saw the victim’s foot and then recognized it as a human body. Campbell said it appeared the victim’s hands and head were missing."

http://www.rockdalenewtoncitizen.co...cle_b207f35b-86ca-5fed-9700-d95eea806133.html

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yikes. I hope this isn't Cunningham -- and doubt that it is -- but whoever it is, sounds like murder.

There was a head found in a plastic bag on the side of a road in Louisiana this past week.

I'm just now caught up on this thread and I would like to put the rail yard theory to rest.

My husband works at that rail yard (NS Inman) and says TC could not have been a train hopper. This particular rail yard is an intermodal rail yard, so the only cars are shipping containers like you see on the coastal docks. These containers are placed onto a wheeled chassis (by using a crane) when they build the trains there. They are all sealed, so you can't get inside one, and they don't have ladders attached to climb up them and ride on top. He said the only way you could maybe get on top of one is by jumping from a bridge to land on top of a car as the train passes by on the tracks below.

I prefer not to publicly discuss the security situation at that rail yard, but after our conversation, my husband explicitly said there's absolutely no way someone can hop a train at this particular rail yard due to the type of cars.

Do you happen to know how often rail workers walk the length of the tracks to check for debris or make sure they are in good condition? My concern would not be that Tim hopped a train to try to get far away. My concern with checking the tracks would be that he might have used stepping in front of a train as a suicide method because that cause of death may not easily be determined to be suicide-- it could be just as easily be declared an accidental death or undetermined. JMO.

This has been said time & again, intelligence has nothing to do with suicide or mental health. There are many members of this board that have lost loved ones to suicide & to imply that intelligence is a factor is quite insensitive at best.

Mental illness has NOTHING to do with intelligence. It is misconceptions like this & many others that prohibit us from truly addressing the mental health crisis.

I don't mean to pick on you or your post, as I'm sure you had no ill intent. I just feel the issue needed to be addressed as there have been numerous similar comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you!! This is also why we hear the warning signs over and over. No one wants to believe a person who has everything to live for would end their life..especially family and friends. We see it though and later some say they wish they would have taken the small signs seriously. We have to destigmatize mental illness and suicidal thoughts. We have to stop saying a sane, smart or caring person wouldnt commit suicide.

I have a son who is smart and love's his family more than anything. He has had a battle with depression and suicidal thoughts. It is not rational...he didnt choose to feel life is hopeless. It's his illness..a chemical imbalance and it is treatable in most cases if caught before it kills them.

If Tim's family was concerned by their convos and his attitude, there is reason to believe this very intelligent, sucessful, loving man was not OK. He might have been planning to take his life.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The place they searched yesterday, is it within a reasonable walking distance of his home. Id like to see all the searches with dogs fan out from his house
Although if they have established he didnt drive his car to work on last day, it could be a ood place to look

The place that was searched yesterday was by another CDC campus (the one by Mercer). The local news (11 Alive- NBC) said last night that Tim used to work at that campus (I think it’s called University Park).

I have followed other cases where scent (tracking, not cadaver or human remains detection) dogs were used to look for a missing person who may have left on foot. What I learned from those cases was extremely interesting. We had some search and rescue experts posting at that time on those cases. These people were expert dog handlers and knew just about everything there is to know about how dogs track people, either dead or alive.

The experts told us that a person who is depressed or suicidal may give off a different scent than when they are not in a depressed or suicidal state. Humans would not be able to notice such a subtle difference in body chemistry or the person's scent, but to a trained search and rescue dog, there would be a different scent.

The way it was explained to me was that if the scent article provided to the dog was a shirt or a towel or something that the missing person had at the home, the dog would be trying to track that scent. However, if the missing person left on foot in a suicidal or depressed state, the scent wouldn't "match" the scent article the dog was tracking and the dog would not be able to to find a trail for the missing person.

I hope that makes sense. Maybe a verified search and rescue expert will join us here to further explain the science behind this.

And for the record, I obviously don't know if Tim left on foot or if he was depressed or suicidal when he left, since he has not been found, but I have been thinking about the dogs and if that's why they haven't found a trail for him, if they haven't.

TY, very interesting.Never have heard this before.

Do you happen to know how often rail workers walk the length of the tracks to check for debris or make sure they are in good condition? My concern would not be that Tim hopped a train to try to get far away. My concern with checking the tracks would be that he might have used stepping in front of a train as a suicide method because that cause of death may not easily be determined to be suicide-- it could be just as easily be declared an accidental death or undetermined. JMO.

Gardener1850: I don't think this is done too often. I grew up next to a railway, and I don't ever recall seeing anyone do this. I believe they have machines (like snowplows) attached to the front of a locomotive to move any large thing off the tracks.

Gardener1850: I don't think this is done too often. I grew up next to a railway, and I don't ever recall seeing anyone do this. I believe they have machines (like snowplows) attached to the front of a locomotive to move any large thing off the tracks.

This happened today in Tennessee (granted the person was laying on the tracks not walking): http://www.wjhl.com/local/breaking-pedestrian-hit-by-train-in-johnson-city/1004811028

ETA: Just google "Pedestrian hit by train" and you will find many stories. It may not be the most common way to die but it happens. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen