MA - Sara, 38, Madison, 8, James, 6, Michael Bermudez, 2, slain, W Brookfield, Mar'18 *Arrest*

I think gang activity bleeds over into every town, nowadays:

Police make arrests after finding 200 bags of heroin in car in West Brookfield

Worcester Telegram & Gazette

Feb 24th, 2018

WEST BROOKFIELD – Police arrested two Ware men on drug distribution charges Saturday evening after finding around 200 bags of heroin in their car. West Brookfield Police Chief C. Thomas O'Donnell said authorities received a warrant to search a 2006 Lexus they had been investigating.

The chief said it’s rare to have such a big drug bust in West Brookfield.

“This is the largest one we’ve had here in a while,” he said, although he added drugs are a problem in the area, like they are in many other parts of the state. “We do bump into it quite often.”

Warren police assisted with the investigation.

http://www.telegram.com/news/201802...ags-of-heroin-found-in-car-in-west-brookfield

Absolutely true. But mass murders of women and children related to gang activity, is extremely uncommon in large cities, let alone small towns. Both husband and wife were gainfully employed, and I absolutely do not buy the gang connection at all. This is going to come down to a domestic incident, IMO.

Absolutely true. But mass murders of women and children related to gang activity, is extremely uncommon in large cities, let alone small towns. Both husband and wife were gainfully employed, and I absolutely do not buy the gang connection at all. This is going to come down to a domestic incident, IMO.

Most likely you're right, but always possible that someone saw something/said something and angered the wrong people. With the bounce house business, I assume she'd be around kids/kids parties/etc - if someone was at an event trying to push drugs she could have seen and reported. Too soon to eliminate any possibilities, even remote ones, IMO.

Most likely you're right, but always possible that someone saw something/said something and angered the wrong people. With the bounce house business, I assume she'd be around kids/kids parties/etc - if someone was at an event trying to push drugs she could have seen and reported. Too soon to eliminate any possibilities, even remote ones, IMO.
vvv
I agree. Nothing here is a certainty and the information that we have thus far is limited. Hopefully there will be some clarity this week, with the autopsies completed and possible crime lab results forthcoming. Part of the reason that I'm skeptical of some sort of outside perpetrator is the radio silence coming from the State Police and the DA's office. Usually there is a lot more communication from them, especially in relation to other high profile crimes investigated by the same parties. The Vanessa Marcotte case comes to mind, of course it was pretty clear to all involved that the killer there was not someone close to her.

vvv
I agree. Nothing here is a certainty and the information that we have thus far is limited. Hopefully there will be some clarity this week, with the autopsies completed and possible crime lab results forthcoming. Part of the reason that I'm skeptical of some sort of outside perpetrator is the radio silence coming from the State Police and the DA's office. Usually there is a lot more communication from them, especially in relation to other high profile crimes investigated by the same parties. The Vanessa Marcotte case comes to mind, of course it was pretty clear to all involved that the killer there was not someone close to her.

True - but if there were other related crimes (this big drug arrest?) police might not want those involved to think the police are onto them.

I think the reason they are making the gang connection is that it is very rare that some one slaughters very young children, like this. But some violent gangs are known to wipe out entire families in this brutal way. And one of the gangs known for this brutality is from El Salvador.

It seems to be a very harsh and unusual domestic incident. Why kill the babies if you are just mad at one or both of the adults? It is so unthinkably extreme.

Thanks a lot Mark Sievers. Now I will always suspect the absent husband. Not fair, I know. It certainly seems personal. Very sad. :(

No LE telling the public to be careful because there's a crazed killer on the loose?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

vvv

Interesting. I felt like they said so very little in the Vanessa Marcotte case. Initially, they said almost nothing. Then, 4-5 months later, they mentioned a ‘dark’ SUV...not even a color.

I agree, it was clear that it was not someone close to her, but mostly because of the location of her death, and the reaction of her family. Also, she was not in a relationship and was not living in the area.

The home is actually right near a pizza parlour by Rte 9, a busy road. Old Warren Rd. has several houses on it. I am familiar with some of the neighbors on this road. Old Warren Road is perpendicular to Rte 9.

I'm surprised neighbors haven't noticed anything suspicious considering it's a fairly populated road leading up to my old high school.

Looking at maps & seeing that as well. Thinking the family didn’t know this person/s.

Well in some homes. You will never find lighters nor matches to save your life or to light candles during a power outage.

So did this family smoke or have lighters or matches laying around?

Or did the killer bring their own because they smoke.

Now I understand the gas can is missing. But I just don't know how accessible a light was to the killer.

Because if the killer is a smoker. Then it narrows suspects down a great deal. Jmo.

Another possibility is that the home had a wood burning stove. I'm going to search for a photo that shows the area between the house/garage and the area adjacent to the garage on the other side, looking for a wood pile.

Sara Bermudez is also on Facebook as Sara Mendez. It links her to family in California and El Salvador.

Worcester is not far from Brookfield. Worcester is well know for its drug and cartel problems . JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blue's Clues
Back