MA - Sara, 38, Madison, 8, James, 6, Michael Bermudez, 2, slain, W Brookfield, Mar'18 *Arrest*

Hi Dexter, could you please provide the link for this information about the father's job and the family business? I'm not quite caught up on all of the articles yet. Thank you!

Hi Lil Tex

Per Boston Globe article

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bo...stions-linger/UV7ezO0AmEziSORFjEasHJ/amp.html

Rachaul Bermudez said the family had seemed to be doing well: Moses and Sara had opened a bouncy house business together, MJM Jumpers, and they rented equipment for parties. Sara Bermudez’s Facebook page shows that they also frequently donated equipment.

“MJM Jumpers would like to thank Warren Fire department for letting us donate a bounce house for there successful event today,” she wrote in October, above a picture of a red and yellow castle.

Surprised there isn’t any more recent news on this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wish LE had not highlighted the importance of the yellow diesel can. Jmo

District Attorney Joseph D. Early Jr. identified Saturday the mother and three children found slain in their home at 10 Old Warren Road.

Several fires had reportedly been set in the house where the bodies were found Thursday.

Saturday was the first time Mr. Early has called the deaths homicides. He revealed the names of the victims: Sara Bermudez, 38; Madison Bermudez, 8; James Bermudez, 6; and Michael Bermudez, 2. They were found dead after a family member went to the home for a well-being check around 3:30 p.m. Thursday. Mr. Early said the homicides likely occurred sometime Wednesday or Thursday.

Mr. Early said that state police are looking for a discarded yellow plastic fuel container in connection with the slayings. Anyone finding such a container is asked to call the State Police Dispatch Center at (508) 867-1170.

“Our state police detectives and the West Brookfield police are seeking the public’s help in what we now are calling homicide deaths of a mother and her three children,” Mr. Early said during a press conference around 2:30 p.m. Saturday not far from the home. “Our investigators want the public to be on the lookout for a plastic yellow fuel can. It’s part of the case. We need to speak to anyone who comes across the yellow plastic fuel can.”

Paul Jarvey, a spokesman for the DA, said yellow is the color of cans used to store diesel fuel. Investigators have determined that a yellow fuel can appears to be missing from the home.

In an audio recording of early police transmissions, the family member who found the victims said they appeared to be burned.

Mr. Early said the cause of death of the family is pending the completion of the autopsies.

http://www.telegram.com/news/20180303/answers-sought-in-slaying-of-sara-bermudez-3-children

A Massachusetts prosecutor says a woman and her three children who were found dead in their home were homicide victims and police are asking the public for help with the investigation.

[...]

Police say a yellow plastic fuel container appeared to be missing from the home. They're asking anyone who has seen such a container that has been discarded to call state police.

Investigators also are seeking video from any home and business surveillance cameras in the area.

https://www.news-journal.com/ap/nat...cle_771d0c1a-e680-5ed9-ae00-20c045b5a138.html

Would a gang related crime indicate MS-13 or are there other gangs active in the MA area?

Theres nothing in West Brookfield. It's completely rural- my hunch is if gang related, related thru CA

You never know these days what people get themselves involved in. There very well could be a gang link. But...I'm not feeling it, with what we know so far about the family. Jmo, it feels to me like someone has purposely put that thought out there. To mislead LE, by making statements or staging this homicide to look like there is a gang link.

Theres nothing in West Brookfield. It's completely rural- my hunch is if gang related, related thru CA

I completely agree. Definitely rural and you just don’t see stories of MS-13 style incidents happening around here. Boston is nearby and definitely has gang activity but it’s hard to say. It sounds like they were a normal New England family, but you just never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why move the family back to Massachusetts but continue to work in California while leaving wife and children alone and isolated in rural land?

Now I understand it was hometown. But I still think the distance opens up doors for a secret side life.

Now imo. Killing the mother and kids sounds like a disgruntled lover (of his) from town or from California went to the house to eliminate his entire family.

Or someone was hired to do this while the male is conveniently out of town. Idk. Just thinking out loud.

Is it safe to assume West Brookfield PD does not have experience with high-profile murder cases like this? Would anyone expect them to turn to state investigators?

Is it safe to assume West Brookfield PD does not have experience with high-profile murder cases like this? Would anyone expect them to turn to state investigators?

That's exactly what they have done. The Brookfield police are still involved, but the Massachusetts State Police have taken the lead. They are used in all major crimes involving small towns, which Massachusetts is dotted with. I live a few miles from the location where it happened, and I definitely believe this to be an isolated (possibly domestic incident).

I grew up in the Warren/WB area. This sort of thing is virtually unheard of in WB (with the exception of the Molly Bish case). Nothing ever happens in this small town. I would say the people from this area pride themselves as being from a peaceful town where everyone knows everyone.

My gut feeling is this is a personal, domestic homicide. No such thing as gang related activity in WB.

I grew up in the Warren/WB area. This sort of thing is virtually unheard of in WB (with the exception of the Molly Bish case). Nothing ever happens in this small town. I would say the people from this area pride themselves as being from a peaceful town where everyone knows everyone.

My gut feeling is this is a personal, domestic homicide. No such thing as gang related activity in WB.

I couldn't possibly agree more.

How long did hubby wait before having dad check up on the house?

Im always suspect when people like Mark Siever are 1000 miles away and then sends a parent to do a welfare check to discover the bodies.

How long did hubby wait before having dad check up on the house?

Im always suspect when people like Mark Siever are 1000 miles away and then sends a parent to do a welfare check to discover the bodies.

His sister didn't give specifics when she was interviewed by the media, just that he was unable to reach his family for a period of time.

It seems like overkill, ie: make sure they are dead, kill them two ways, stabbing and burning w a diesel accelerant. I'm interested in life insurances policies...all. And dates obtained. Also, how many people knew he was oos (out of state) to work on this particular date...

It seems like overkill, ie: make sure they are dead, kill them two ways, stabbing and burning w a diesel accelerant. I'm interested in life insurances policies...all. And dates obtained. Also, how many people knew he was oos (out of state) to work on this particular date...

I think it's more likely that the burning was an effort to conceal evidence as opposed to it being a cause of death. We'll know more once the autopsy results are released. The financial aspect is certainly a possible motive, and I'm sure they're looking at that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back