GUILTY OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow just 22 minutes for the Defense! I don't know why that shocks me but it does ! But IMO just another great sign that justice will be served for Ce!

Re: car rental stuff from Delta.. please tell me someone else here remembers seeing info we dug up long ago here ..we had found a business page for JDW s place and the description he had entered under services offered also included providing rides/taxi like services for the airport , and there is a missing woman from Michigan who was killed or still missing ?? (Damnit I can't recall that ) between flights . She was on a layover at Toledo Express Airport ((Swanton Ohio ) Never solved. I believe this was in the middle 80s? Anyone ?

Yes I remember. Sorry at work will have to look this weekend.

Wow just 22 minutes for the Defense! I don't know why that shocks me but it does ! But IMO just another great sign that justice will be served for Ce!

Re: car rental stuff from Delta.. please tell me someone else here remembers seeing info we dug up long ago here ..we had found a business page for JDW s place and the description he had entered under services offered also included providing rides/taxi like services for the airport , and there is a missing woman from Michigan who was killed or still missing ?? (Damnit I can't recall that ) between flights . She was on a layover at Toledo Express Airport ((Swanton Ohio ) Never solved. I believe this was in the middle 80s? Anyone ?

Bobbi Lee Wells.
http://swanton.advantage-preservati...rica&sn=Ohio&cn=Swanton&pn=Swanton Enterprise

Could the p*** "videos" they watched together be "videos" EVIL himself recorded of his victims?! "They all looked scared", per LE. MAYBE he was bragging to his friends by showing them "his videos"!

Last DP case I followed Defense didn't put on a Defense at all. Stood up and stated they rested. Had much at Penalty Phase. Ineffective Council is rarely granted. Doesn't mean killer cant file it. I wish I could remember the case but one guy on Trial had a Lawyer who kept falling asleep. His motion for another trial was denied.

I am too.

http://www.wtol.com/story/37101797/attorney-asks-for-delay-in-james-worley-murder-trial

He cannot change his mind about not taking the deal at this point. He passed on it, that's that. I think, however, that the State can re-offer it, if they choose to, or make a new offer entirely.

Thanks for the link to the plea deal story.
I note this paragraph in the story linked here: http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2018/02/12/Worley-case-on-schedule-for-March-trial.html
"Fulton County Prosecutor Scott Haselman did ask the court to dismiss two counts of aggravated robbery, which Judge Robinson did. Mr. Haselman did not give an explanation for dropping those charges in court and declined to comment afterward."
Why were the robbery charges filed initially, and then why were they dismissed?

I also note that in December, a plea deal was offered, but in February The Blade reports that it wasn't even brought up again in court. "Previously, defense attorney Mark Berling said the prosecutor had presented a potential plea agreement that called for dismissal of the death penalty specifications, but there was no mention of a possible plea at Monday's hearing."

Finally, I had not caught before that JW's sister in CA is a police officer, per this article. http://www.wtol.com/story/37101797/attorney-asks-for-delay-in-james-worley-murder-trial
As well, the expert had SO MUCH information for the defense side to "test" that the judge allowed them more time? What would the sister have supplied or the expert have dug up that needed to be tested?
"The defense team hired an expert to look into Worley's background. That expert is responsible for providing the jury with information on his upbringing, background and mental health during in the mitigation phase of the trial. That expert recently interviewed Worley's sister, a police officer in California.
Worley's attorney told WTOL the information she provided was more than what attorneys expect, so the attorneys will require more work that cannot be done in less than a month.
"It's overwhelming to have this sprung on you so close to the trial date," Mark Berling, one of Worley's attorneys, said. "So there is simply no way to digest all of that and conduct all the testing that has to be done and have any proper report filed by the trial."
Due to the high profile death penalty case, the judge wanted to ensure Worley received all rights and has enough time to prepare for the trial to ensure it is not declared a mistrial."

Could the p*** "videos" they watched together be "videos" EVIL himself recorded of his victims?! "They all looked scared", per LE. MAYBE he was bragging to his friends by showing them "his videos"!

I would think JW would then also have charges related to the *advertiser censored* in some way, especially if the videos were investigated and the women were unwilling participants/victims.... the number of charges would be way up there then.

Thanks for the link to the plea deal story.
I note this paragraph in the story linked here: http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2018/02/12/Worley-case-on-schedule-for-March-trial.html
"Fulton County Prosecutor Scott Haselman did ask the court to dismiss two counts of aggravated robbery, which Judge Robinson did. Mr. Haselman did not give an explanation for dropping those charges in court and declined to comment afterward."
Why were the robbery charges filed initially, and then why were they dismissed?

Snipped for space.

I am actually trying to get the docs relating to the dismissal, but I can't get them to pull up right now. I don't know why.
I went to my lists of the indictment details, and here is what they say, regarding why they were filed initially:

Count 13: 2911.01A1 F1
Have a deadly weapon on or about the offender's person or under the offender's control and either display the weapon, brandish it, indicate that the offender possesses it, or use it;

Count 14: 2911.01A3 F1
Inflict, or attempt to inflict, serious physical harm on another.

Oddly, neither count says anything about what your average person would imagine as 'robbery'

I wonder if that is actually the reason why the prosecutor asked that they be dismissed, it may be confusing for the jury? *shrugs*

I would think JW would then also have charges related to the *advertiser censored* in some way, especially if the videos were investigated and the women were unwilling participants/victims.... the number of charges would be way up there then.
Not to mention also the "teen-aged" *advertiser censored* mentioned! It sickens my heart to think of possible victims of JW, children (minors in *advertiser censored*) & helpless others put through this crap for the perverted please of MONSTERS! :-(

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Not much of defense, but that is not a surprise. He had mechanical problems with his motorcycle -- it *could* give a reason he was in the field and left his fuses, etc. Extremely doubtful anyone on the jury will believe this explanation, but it doesn't seem they have anything else to work with.

My current theory about the *advertiser censored* is that this is going to come up somehow in mitigation. As in 'the violent *advertiser censored* I watched constantly bonding with my male friends made me do it.' Mitigation can be hard to watch. 1000 men can have similar disadvantageous upbringings spent smoking pot and watching violent *advertiser censored*, and there is only 1 James Worley.

It makes me sick to my stomach to know one of people who is testifying for the defense. I really wish they could live stream for the rest of the trial. I wonder if they will be able to have live feed for the verdict?

I’m with u here.. I too knew one the the witnesses. On a hand full of occasions him and Worley were at my ex’s parents house while I was there.. I HATE to think that I was in the presence of this monster and his friends! They all made me feel really uncomfortable so I tried to keep to myself.. Always had a bad feeling about Worley!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]https://www.crescent-news.com/crime...cle_bb556179-e393-5195-a281-d93277626ca4.html[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Defense called two longtime friends of JW[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FIRST UP, FRIEND MF: [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]— lives in Fulton County, knew JW over 40 years since high school. MF sometimes was a truck driver for JW when he had a small trucking/transportation business. He saw him every few months and rode motorcycles with him one time.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]— MF bought the cycle helmet for JW (found near SJ’s bike) about 5-6 years ago; defendant had said he misplaces his and wanted a new one. Said it had no blood when he gave it to him. [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]UP NEXT, FRIEND J.Wh.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]—J.Wh. Lives in Fulton County, knew JW since high school, graduated one year before JW. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]— stayed in touch “on and off”, a couple times per month doing mechanical things (for a short time prior to mid-80’s, J. Wh. lived out of state). They did “mechanica things” together in JW’s “shop”. Rode motorcycles together. Last riding was in 2016[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]— when Worley was interviewed at his home after SJ was missing; said he rode his motorcycle that day, late, had mechanical trouble near Lyons. He had to push his bike. J.Wh. confirmed he knew JW’s Honda stalled sometimes; another time in 2016 JW had trouble starting it.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]—J.Wh. told of going to JW’s barn: once to see a door JW built, and again when they both smoked marijuana. The day they smoked together he saw marijuana hanging to dry, from straw bales in the barn. He did not know the straw bales created a “room inside a room”. [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]—J.Wh. Said they watched *advertiser censored* movies together a few times, one a bondage-theme @ 2015. Was somewhat aware JW wanted to create a “studio” on his property to film his own *advertiser censored*. Did not know how :deep it went”[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Closing arguments Monday at 9 a.m. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Jury deliberation could begin as soon as noon on Monday.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]If convicted of aggravated murder, Worley may face the death penalty.[/FONT][/FONT]

I’m with u here.. I too knew one the the witnesses. On a hand full of occasions him and Worley were at my ex’s parents house while I was there.. I HATE to think that I was in the presence of this monster and his friends! They all made me feel really uncomfortable so I tried to keep to myself.. Always had a bad feeling about Worley!!

welcome to WS, Zon. :grouphug:

photos from today ... mainly, JW and lawyers
http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2...s-Worley-trial-continues-in-Wauseon-Ohio.html

Article: http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2018/03/23/Defense-rests-in-Worley-case.html
Mr. J.Wh. said he knew Worley to have trouble with the motorcycle that would "stall at corners," but worked again after giving it a kick and hadn’t stranded him. Despite Worley’s engine repair shop on the property, he hadn't been able to fix the problems, Mr. J.Wh. said.

Video (@ mid-way through) has a clip of Prosecutor and one of the witnesses (witness is not seen, just heard)

http://www.wtol.com/story/37795579/defense-rests-its-case-in-the-people-vs-james-worley

[FONT=&quot]They both testified about Worley's motorcycle. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The state is trying to prove it was Worley on his motorcycle who ran Sierah Joughin off the road. The defense is trying to prove to the jury that Worley's motorcycle was old and unreliable and broke down in the same cornfield where police believe Sierah was abducted from.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The defense also submitted one piece of evidence, a DVD with a full browser history from Worley's computer. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In the state's case, they focused on the *advertiser censored* sites Worley visited. The defense told the jury there was more than just *advertiser censored* on the computer. [/FONT]

Video (@ mid-way through) has a clip of Prosecutor and one of the witnesses (witness is not seen, just heard)

http://www.wtol.com/story/37795579/defense-rests-its-case-in-the-people-vs-james-worley

[FONT=&quot]They both testified about Worley's motorcycle. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The state is trying to prove it was Worley on his motorcycle who ran Sierah Joughin off the road. The defense is trying to prove to the jury that Worley's motorcycle was old and unreliable and broke down in the same cornfield where police believe Sierah was abducted from.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The defense also submitted one piece of evidence, a DVD with a full browser history from Worley's computer. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In the state's case, they focused on the *advertiser censored* sites Worley visited. The defense told the jury there was more than just *advertiser censored* on the computer. [/FONT]

There are many opinions on this thread. My opinion in the closing statements they need to focus specifically on the three keys to her handcuffs. One was on his key ring

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]https://www.crescent-news.com/crime...cle_bb556179-e393-5195-a281-d93277626ca4.html[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Defense called two longtime friends of JW[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FIRST UP, FRIEND MF: [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]— lives in Fulton County, knew JW over 40 years since high school. MF sometimes was a truck driver for JW when he had a small trucking/transportation business. He saw him every few months and rode motorcycles with him one time.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]— MF bought the cycle helmet for JW (found near SJ’s bike) about 5-6 years ago; defendant had said he misplaces his and wanted a new one. Said it had no blood when he gave it to him. [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]UP NEXT, FRIEND J.Wh.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]—J.Wh. Lives in Fulton County, knew JW since high school, graduated one year before JW. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]— stayed in touch “on and off”, a couple times per month doing mechanical things (for a short time prior to mid-80’s, J. Wh. lived out of state). They did “mechanica things” together in JW’s “shop”. Rode motorcycles together. Last riding was in 2016[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]— when Worley was interviewed at his home after SJ was missing; said he rode his motorcycle that day, late, had mechanical trouble near Lyons. He had to push his bike. J.Wh. confirmed he knew JW’s Honda stalled sometimes; another time in 2016 JW had trouble starting it.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]—J.Wh. told of going to JW’s barn: once to see a door JW built, and again when they both smoked marijuana. The day they smoked together he saw marijuana hanging to dry, from straw bales in the barn. He did not know the straw bales created a “room inside a room”. [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]—J.Wh. Said they watched *advertiser censored* movies together a few times, one a bondage-theme @ 2015. Was somewhat aware JW wanted to create a “studio” on his property to film his own *advertiser censored*. Did not know how :deep it went”[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Closing arguments Monday at 9 a.m. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Jury deliberation could begin as soon as noon on Monday.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]If convicted of aggravated murder, Worley may face the death penalty.[/FONT][/FONT]

I wonder if he “misplaced” the old helmet during a similar attack on someone else.

Last DP case I followed Defense didn't put on a Defense at all. Stood up and stated they rested. Had much at Penalty Phase. Ineffective Council is rarely granted. Doesn't mean killer cant file it. I wish I could remember the case but one guy on Trial had a Lawyer who kept falling asleep. His motion for another trial was denied.

Not a death-penalty case, but George Huguely appealed his conviction for the murder of Yeardley Love because his trial went on despite one of his attorneys missing court due to a stomach virus. He appealed all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, and each time, his appeal was denied.

“Huguely's defense claim their client's Sixth Amendment right to counsel was violated during his trial after one of them became ill and missed several days. As a result, that attorney was not able to examine one of the defense’s experts at the original trial.” http://www.nbc29.com/story/30186291/updated-us-supreme-court-refuses-to-hear-huguelys-appeal

“Huguely argues his Sixth Amendment rights were violated when one of his two attorneys felt ill, and was not able to be present in court for some of the trial.

Appeals attorney Paul Clement argues Huguely’s right to competent assistance was violated because he could not have both lawyers in court.

. . . Virginia’s Court of Appeals affirmed his conviction, and the Virginia Supreme Court twice rejected Huguely’s request to be heard.” https://wtop.com/virginia/2015/06/george-huguely-appeals-to-u-s-supreme-court-in-uva-murder/amp/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member