Amy Bradley, 23, Disappeared from cruise ship en route to Curaçao, 24 March 1998 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't Amy tell the cabbie her name and jump in his cab? Cabs also have radios to talk to dispatch and he could have called it in asking for police.

When I was abducted and escaped, the first thing I did was use the nearest phone inside the apartment I was held in and I didn't know where I was, so I got lucky and remembered the phone number and my friend had a pretty good feeling where this guys apartment was, then I ran like hell and didn't look back just knowing that Glock 9 was aimed my way.

ETA
I knew where I was, I didn't know the apartment name.

When my friend was abducted, she jumped out the car while it was moving and ran into the nearest place— a bar and asked them to call police.

I totally forgot that happened (about 26 years ago) until you mentioned your incident— so glad you surived!

When my friend was abducted, she jumped out the car while it was moving and ran into the nearest place— a bar and asked them to call police.

I totally forgot that happened (about 26 years ago) until you mentioned your incident— so glad you surived!

Thank you! I'm happy your friend survived, especially jumping out a moving car. The drive to escape/save yourself is amazing. I guess it's adrenalin. Was she injured?

Um, this isn't the first time the FBI investigated this case. FBI. Do you think that a young American white woman could have been kept so totally under wraps all these years that THEY were unable to find any TRACE of an ALIVE Amy other than possible eye witnesses who were eager to help? If they didn't find any trace of her then when it was much fresher do you really think they will find AMY or any credible witness as to where she is right now, alive or dead? Talk is cheap. People lie - that's why physical proof is needed. People want to help and often see what they want to see or misremember what they did see when they get excited. Amy isn't alive - we can probably all agree on that. I don't think she lived past the day she disappeared. There is NOTHING to prove she did.

Thank you! I'm happy your friend survived, especially jumping out a moving car. The drive to escape/save yourself is amazing. I guess it's adrenalin. Was she injured?

She threw his car into reverse first so it dramatically slowed (they were on the freeway). I seem to recall she jumped out at a good point (exit), rolled and had scrapes and bruises but no broken bones or anything. She ran as fast as she could to the bar. She didn’t have to go to the hospital or anything— we were about 22 so probably had youth on her side.

She threw his car into reverse first so it dramatically slowed (they were on the freeway). I seem to recall she jumped out at a good point (exit), rolled and had scrapes and bruises but no broken bones or anything. She ran as fast as she could to the bar. She didn’t have to go to the hospital or anything— we were about 22 so probably had youth on her side.
Amazing! Your friend is smart and if in this situation it's pertinent to think and find a way out b/c it's a matter of life and death and death isn't on your side.

I was locked in a room, then sexually assaulted, locked back up and there were about 20 guys there, college age and I was told I was basically their party favor and one rape was enough and no way in hell was 20 gonna be next.
I couldn't get out the second floor windows as they were nailed shut so I asked if I could use the phone to check on my kids, big lie, and when I ran to the phone all the guys were huddled around me like I was some alien and I said RAPE, I'm in this guys apartment that was at your party and my friend said he thinks he knows where I am and I took off running, out the door I ran and by the time I got to the road my friend was driving up and the rest is history. OMG! My abductor was an idiot, thank God.
I then find out he murdered his GF, shot her in the head. He was set free, why I don't know but he loves his guns and uses them. I can attest to that.

I am so happy your friend is alive.

Amazing! Your friend is smart and if in this situation it's pertinent to think and find a way out b/c it's a matter of life and death and death isn't on your side.

I was locked in a room, then sexually assaulted, locked back up and there were about 20 guys there, college age and I was told I was basically their party favor and one rape was enough and no way in hell was 20 gonna be next.
I couldn't get out the second floor windows as they were nailed shut so I asked if I could use the phone to check on my kids, big lie, and when I ran to the phone all the guys were huddled around me like I was some alien and I said RAPE, I'm in this guys apartment that was at your party and my friend said he thinks he knows where I am and I took off running, out the door I ran and by the time I got to the road my friend was driving up and the rest is history. OMG! My abductor was an idiot, thank God.
I then find out he murdered his GF, shot her in the head. He was set free, why I don't know but he loves his guns and uses them. I can attest to that.

I am so happy your friend is alive.

My God, how horrible for you but yes, you got yourself out of there. I would assume sense of self-preservation kicks in...

<modsnip>

What kind of proof would you assume there would be if she went overboard?

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of proof would you assume there would be if she went overboard?

What proof is there she didn&#8217;t? The FBI doesn&#8217;t investigate cases in which people fall overboard. There are multiple sightings of her in more than one location over a period of years.

What proof is there she did, there is nothing. At all.

<modsnip>

Reactions: IDK
I&#8217;m asking what kind of evidence would you want to see to believe she went overboard? I&#8217;m genuinely curious about it.

What proof is there she didn&#8217;t? The FBI doesn&#8217;t investigate cases in which people fall overboard. There are multiple sightings of her in more than one location over a period of years.

<modsnip>

I am in complete agreement with everything you said. <modsnip>

Reactions: IDK
I&#8217;m asking what kind of evidence would you want to see to believe she went overboard? I&#8217;m genuinely curious about it.

Let me see if I can figure it out:

1) blood evidence? Even with a George Smith, who is believed to have been beaten up/stabbed, there was only one spot of blood. Someone who fell over likely wouldn&#8217;t leave bodily fluid evidence.

2) a body? Most bodies of people overboard are never found. Case in point:
http://www.nj.com/ocean/index.ssf/2018/02/never_an_easy_decision_coast_guard_calls_of_search.html

http://www.virginislandsdailynews.c...cle_c26078b2-a423-5b7f-966d-6c140d5a38a6.html

3) a witness? If no one saw it, there is no witness

What else would there be in the realm of possibility for evidence that someone fell overboard aside from the fact they they went missing from a ship?

Tunnel vision for ANY theory, and a theory is all that any of us have here, can compromise an investigation because it tends to limit one's views to fitting that theory only. NOT good sleuthing, sleuthers. Sudden interest in an unsolved disappearance doesn't mean new movement necessarily. It means there are OPEN cases trying to be cleared. Your pet theory, while I think is illogical, is NO better or worse than mine and I've followed this since the initial report of Amy's disappearance.

<modsnip>

BBM

HEARING

BEFORE THE

COMMITTEE ON COMMERCE,
SCIENCE, AND TRANSPORTATION
UNITED STATES SENATE

ONE HUNDRED THIRTEENTH CONGRESS

FIRST SESSION

JULY 24, 2013

According to this report, the FBI doesn&#8217;t investigate overboard cases (unless they believe a crime was committed.) Being the FBI is still investigating Amy&#8217;s case 20 years later, they must believe a crime was committed.

International Cruise Victims Association reports they have been told by
the FBI that a person overboard is not necessarily a crime and thus
will not be investigated and not included in the FBI's official
statistics.

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CHRG-113shrg94526/html/CHRG-113shrg94526.htm

Tunnel vision for ANY theory, and a theory is all that any of us have here, can compromise an investigation because it tends to limit one's views to fitting that theory only. NOT good sleuthing, sleuthers. Sudden interest in an unsolved disappearance doesn't mean new movement necessarily. It means there are OPEN cases trying to be cleared. Your pet theory, while I think is illogical, is NO better or worse than mine and I've followed this since the initial report of Amy's disappearance.

And a lot of that kidnapped tunnel vision stems from incorrect information that was reported as fact that posters chose to believe at face value.

For instance, now we know for a fact they were in a junior suite and not a family suite.

Now we know the family in fact declared her dead even though we were told they would never consider that, not even for housekeeping or insurance purposes.

And this case is so old, websleuths folklore has been incorporated into the story as truths.

I asked the mods to fix the incorrect cabin information in this thread and to keep en eye on it for the next thread.

If they don't know what exactly happened they don't know and would investigate until they did. She wasn't witnessed going off the ship by any means.

The US Coast Guard did a 4 day search and concluded Amy &#8220;wasn&#8217;t in the water.&#8221;

I won&#8217;t be engaging in the overboard conversation. Have a good night.

BBM

According to this report, the FBI doesn&#8217;t investigate overboard cases (unless they believe a crime was committed.)

International Cruise Victims Association reports they have been told by
the FBI that a person overboard is not necessarily a crime and thus
will not be investigated and not included in the FBI's official
statistics.

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CHRG-113shrg94526/html/CHRG-113shrg94526.htm

As you say, where is the evidence she is dead? No one saw her go overboard and she is still officially a missing person.

For instance, the Australian woman who jumped a week or so ago was seen on video as having taken two steps back and launched herself over the rail. No need to investigate that. Her overboard is not a crime.

The gay man who went overboard and was videoed is also not a crime. No need to investigate.

This is an unknown. The FBI has no idea what happened to Amy and none of the sightings have panned out. Amy&#8217;s mother is convinced someone took her. I&#8217;m sure they have asked the FBI to stay on the case.

So with no evidence to show she is alive or dead and no evidence to show she was a victim of a crime or not, but with a family who believes she is alive and kidnapped, I would assume FBI would do their job properly and thoroughly and keep the case open.

That means nothing really. They said she had her life ahead of her and everything was going well in her life and perhaps that alone fits the criteria to keep her case open. They have been clear, however, that they have no idea what happened to her. That question is likely enough to keep a loose investigation open where they basically say they need tips to investigate. Please give them tips, etc.

I think it is good FBI is a professional organization.

And coast guard rarely finds &#8220;evidence&#8221; (bodies) in the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea