Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be in such poor taste that "tacky" wouldn't even cover it. They may be able to hire a private security team so that looky-loos and weirdos don't disrupt anything. Honestly, a funeral, especially one for a murdered child, is not an appropriate place for people who want to get inside information. I don't even have words for a person who would actually do that.

Yet we’ve seen in before in other cases. People with their own agenda are short-sighted.

I do feel some sympathy for JH at this very moment while burying his son. But in a day or so, I’ll be right back where I’ve always been. I despise him. He’s despicable. He deserves the same punishment as the evil *advertiser censored* does. Yes, he loved Lucas in his own simple way. Love is not enough!

I get the feeling he realizes he made a huge life altering mistake trusting that woman. It’s easy for us to sit here and judge what we would do in his situation, but the fact is none of has been in his shoes. We only know the bits and pieces of his actions/inactions that we’ve read in MSM or listened to on NG. There must be so much more that we aren’t privy to. I forget the terms DM used to describe EG, but it sounds as if her full-time job was a game of Jeckyll & Hyde with Lucas as the pawn. Those who saw her when JH was out of town likely saw a different woman than the one who was eager to hold Lucas’ hand and cuddle with him for photos or when daddy was home. That poor child must have been so conflicted. I can only imagine his terror every time his daddy left for work. It would be interesting to know if Lucas exhibited anxiety, behavioral issues or bed wetting when he knew JH was about to leave for work.

I despise Emily Glass. She has ruined so many lives with her actions, with Lucas’ paying the ultimate price.

In my opinion you need to remember that JH injured EG's sons and has been charged with child abuse. Does anyone think that he did this to her children but not his own son? Really? You need to count back to when Lucas was first described as being sick, hurting stomach, vomiting and everything else. This all started at the very same timeline as the instance of JH injuring EG's sons. Coincidental? No, I don't think so. Lucas could have very easily have died due to an injury he received when his father was abusing the other children in the home. He absolutely does not get a pass from me and never will.
Sometime you have to see past the BS and do the math.

I don't think JH deserves a pass.

I really hope he didn't hurt Lucas at that time as that would complicate getting EG convicted. I'm already concerned she's going to blame an accident, Lucas 'falling'. But if JH has also hurt Lucas, then he needs to be on trial for that, too, and that's just going to make things so much more complicated for a jury. It is already going to be complicated. I don't want the defense lawyer for EG to have a reasonable-sounding alternative scenario for her because I want her to be convicted and to get a long time in prison. I also want the truth. If they've both given Lucas injuries then I'd rather see them both go down than for a jury to let them both go free over confusion of who did what. I hope any injuries to Lucas did happen when JH was out of town, because that will make it easier to get a conviction for EG. I hope there will be a clearly peri-mortem injury that EG can't argue happened ten days earlier when JH was around. I don't hope that because I want to give JH a pass, but I genuinely get the feeling that EG is the one who bears the responsibility for whatever happened to cause Lucas to die and that that's why she felt the need to hide the body instead of calling for help. I have also been thinking that the injuries were happening when she was alone with Lucas, but I could be wrong. Truth and appropriate sentencing is the main thing along with protecting the remaining children.

I have a family full of them unfortunately and I respectfully disagree with you on this. Because they don’t feel emotions the way most do, they’re so good at pretending to be/feel whatever they think you want them to, that it is frightening.

I will say this though, their chameleon abilities don’t work so well in the long term. If you are around them for extended periods of time, you will detect that something is off. Unfortunately, most people’s interactions with them are for a limited length of time.
I married into a family of sociopaths/narcissists. I know what I speak of.

On John Lourdan's Brainscratch on Lucas today he said something to the extent that he was surprised how much of a pass JH was getting on websleuths.He needs to read this thread today.He is a big fan of this site.

It seems to go back and forth depending on the thread. Sometimes there is a little more sympathy for him and other times less.

Personally, I can be empathetic and not give a pass. Probably my experience as a foster parent. Current foster child for example. I definitely feel for the parents who have been through hell in their lives, been addicted to drugs since they were in foster care themselves, have lost many children who I believe they do love in their own ways. But I absolutely believe they are incapable of parenting and that to give them a chance without them having a couple years of working on their issues successfully as well as actually working the service plan would be a huge risk. This child (or the next, and there is always a next for them) can’t be made to wait those years to see if they can become safe and healthy. It is terribly sad for the parents. But the child comes first.

This is where I am with JH also. He is not safe or healthy at this point. And it would take too long for him to prove himself to become so. MH and if there is a new baby (EG didn’t look pregnant to me when she was released) are so young and vulnerable. JH didn’t protect Lucas so there is no reason to believe him capable of protecting MH. Also, he was likely involved in the abuse (there is NO way his version of what happened to EG’s son would have resulted in bruises). I absolutely believe that he didn’t like the abuse and never dreamed it could escalate to a fatality. And I feel for him that he lost Lucas, a pain he will live with forever more. But though I feel for him, the decisions he made, his possible reasoning, and the nightmare of living with this, I cannot give him a pass. LUCAS was the one who needed the pass.

When in doubt, the rights of the child should supersede the rights of the parents. After 20some years involved in the system, I know that isn’t how it works; but I maintain that it *should* be about the best interests of the child.

Anyway, if you read through the threads, there seems to be a healthy mix of beliefs and feelings towards JH. If you don’t like what is said one day, wait a day or two. It’s kinda like the weather in Texas around here :)

I don't know if people are bringing FB drama to this thread or not because I don't read stuff on FB, but I'm going to have to remove most of these posts unless someone can explain or link to the comments that this Misty Cox has made. I'm not familiar with her or her previous statements.
I'm not reading ANY of the FB garbage at all and it really makes things confusing and frustrating when things are brought up here that came from there.

Speaking of the landlord, I'll bet he is going to be more careful on who he rents to in the future. Super-duper background checks.
She had some smaller crimes in her background...tresspassing, etc but I don't think anything in the list of prior offenses would have given him any indication that she was going to harm a child.

I haven't commented on here since LH was found, but I'm still following along and reading the thread. I feel so incredibly sad for all the people who loved him. I can't imagine what they are going through. If there was something I could say or do to make things even a little bit better I would.

Child Mandated Reporters According to KSA 38-2223
  • Persons licensed to practice the healing arts
  • dentistry and optometry
  • persons engaged in post graduate training programs approved by the state board of healing arts
  • licensed professional or practical nurses
  • chief administrative officers of medical care facilities
  • Licensed psychologists
  • licensed masters level psychologists
  • licensed clinical psychotherapists
  • licensed social workers
  • licensed marriage and family therapists
  • licensed clinical marriage and family therapists
  • licensed professional counselors
  • licensed clinical professional counselors
  • registered alcohol and drug abuse counselors
  • teachers
  • school administrators
  • other employees of an educational institution which the child is attending
  • persons licensed by the secretary of health and environment to provide child care services
  • the employees of persons so licensed at the place where the child care services are being provided to the child
  • firefighters
  • emergency medical services personnel
  • law enforcement officers
  • juvenile intake and assessment workers
  • court services officers and community corrections officers
  • case managers appointed under K.S.A. 23-1001 et seq., and amendments thereto
  • mediators appointed under K.S.A. 23-602, and amendments thereto
Child Mandated Reporters - Prevention and Protection Services

Why isn’t Parent listed here?

Current law allows DCF discretion to release procedural information related to child deaths. Historically, the agency has rarely and inconsistently provided these details. Under the just-passed bill, the Secretary would be mandated to disclose additional details, not currently allowed, such as the age and sex of the child; the date of the fatality; a summary related to the department’s processes and procedures of any previous reports of abuse or neglect received by the secretary involving the child and the findings of any said reports; and any department-recommended services provided to the child. This disclosure is allowed under the federal Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act.
Kansas Legislature Supports DCF Transparency - Newsroom

Change requires new thinking. In order to change, we must learn the truth and start making good choices, but we also must change the way we think.
~Rick Warren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member