Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe any statements made in the past trials can be used against him in this trial. (Unfortunately.. IMO)

Well he has to explain how the gun that he bought ended up killing his dad. The problem is that he is acting like he believes there are no guns in the house. So he's either lying in the interview or he's lying now, there's just no way around that.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
And court is now back in session. Hutcheon says he had no grounds to arrest Millard at the time of that interview. He also says Millard was never searched. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Crown now asking about the bag over Millard's shoulder in the video. Hutcheon says he did not search that bag. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
"Did you ever threaten Mr. Millard?" Lockhart asks. "No I did not," Hutcheon says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 12s12 seconds ago
Hutcheon says he didn't think he had grounds to arrest Millard for murder, but he did think he had grounds to charge him with possession after seeing the basement, which had a table that had pot on it. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 36s36 seconds ago
He says he didn't see any point in charging him for that, seeing as his father just died. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 46s46 seconds ago
"I got a weird feeling from him. I got a weird vibe. I can't say he was a killer or a mass murderer or anything like that," Hutcheon says, about Millard. Pillay immediately gets up and objects to that. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 24s25 seconds ago
That's it for the Crown. Pillay is now cross-examining. #Millard

"I got a weird feeling from him. I got a weird vibe. I can't say he was a killer or a mass murderer or anything like that," Hutcheon says, about Millard. Pillay immediately gets up and objects to that."

"Pillay starts out saying it's been a long time since this happened, and he is using his notes extensively. Hutcheon says no, he has very good recall of what went on."

I like Hutcheon. I just wish he had dug a little deeper when interviewing DM. I think he wants to see DM go down for WM death.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 48s49 seconds ago
Pillay starts out saying it's been a long time since this happened, and he is using his notes extensively. Hutcheon says no, he has very good recall of what went on. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC now
Pillay is now going through and asking him exact times when he made his notes in his notebook. Hutcheon says he doesn't have exact time. "I made the notes along the way." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 42s42 seconds ago
"This was five and a half years ago. I don't know exactly when I wrote the notes down," Hutcheon says. #Millard

"I got a weird feeling from him. I got a weird vibe. I can't say he was a killer or a mass murderer or anything like that," Hutcheon says, about Millard. Pillay immediately gets up and objects to that."

"Pillay starts out saying it's been a long time since this happened, and he is using his notes extensively. Hutcheon says no, he has very good recall of what went on."

I like Hutcheon. I just wish he had dug a little deeper when interviewing DM.
The interview was 50 minutes long and we're only getting some of what was said during the interview...likely what AC believes are the most important, telling statements. I hope this video is released to the public. ALL MOO.

Pillay asks if he's written down anything in his notebook about interactions with Millard on the scene. Hutcheon says there are a couple of blurbs in his notebook. Pillay is again being more forceful than he was at the Bosma trial. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 59s59 seconds ago
"Here's the funny thing about your notes sir. I'm going to suggest you didn't have your notebook at all during your investigation at 5 Maple Gate," Pillay says. Hutcheon says no, he had it with him. #Millard

Hutcheon now says his memo book was at the station, and now he had it "not the whole time." Pillay says "now he's remembering a different scenario." Hutcheon says when he arrived at 5 Maple Gate he didn't have his notebook, because he was coming from home. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 40s40 seconds ago
Pillay says all of his notes were entered at a later date. "That's why they're not in chronological order," Hutcheon says. "How are you recollecting all the events that occurred?" Pillay says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 56s56 seconds ago
Pillay says there are details about his conversations with Millard in his notes, which weren't written in his notebook at the time it happened. #Millard

"You you recall every single word my client said to you at the scene?" Pillay asks. "No sir," Hutcheon says. #Millard

Hutcheon says he was not interviewing Millard as a suspect at the time. #Millard

Pillay asks if he's written down anything in his notebook about interactions with Millard on the scene. Hutcheon says there are a couple of blurbs in his notebook. Pillay is again being more forceful than he was at the Bosma trial. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 59s59 seconds ago
"Here's the funny thing about your notes sir. I'm going to suggest you didn't have your notebook at all during your investigation at 5 Maple Gate," Pillay says. Hutcheon says no, he had it with him. #Millard

Hutcheon now says his memo book was at the station, and now he had it "not the whole time." Pillay says "now he's remembering a different scenario." Hutcheon says when he arrived at 5 Maple Gate he didn't have his notebook, because he was coming from home. #Millard
Although Hutcheon's notes are important, the interview doesn't lie. DM was paranoid WM would end up falling in love with JC and make a life with her and put her name on his will. Of course it's Pillay's job to point out discrepancies in the investigation, this officer's opinion or gut feeling are just that. Glad to know there was at least one officer who was not so quick to write WM's death as suicide. ALL MOO.

Hutcheon says there was no point in him having a huge conversation at the home, as he was doing a taped statement with Millard later on that evening. #Millard

"I did my job sir," Hutcheon says. #Millard

Pillay says, "You didn't tell my client, 'You may want to get a lawyer, sir.'" Hutcheon says no, because he wasn't under arrest and wasn't a suspect at the time. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 12s13 seconds ago
Pillay says Hutcheon told Millard and Burns they couldn't leave 5 Maple Gate until the gave video statements to police. "That's totally incorrect," Hutcheon says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 39s39 seconds ago
Millard says on Thursday he got back to the house sometime between 6 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. he got back to the house. He had been working in Waterloo at the hangar. He says he came in through the side door. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 31s32 seconds ago
Millard says he walked down the hallway to his room and got a sweater out of the closet and was on his way back to the kitchen to get a snack when he noticed Wayne was still in bed. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC now
He says that was odd because it was late in the afternoon. "I poked my head in, and something didn't seem right ... I walked into the room and saw blood on the pillow. For a moment I had to leave the room, I went back to my room." #Millard

So he says he went there to check on his father, but in the interview he decided to get a snack first? Doesn't make sense.

Although Hutcheon's notes are important, the interview doesn't lie. DM was paranoid WM would end up falling in love with JC and make a life with her and put her name on his will. Of course it's Pillay's job to point out discrepancies in the investigation, this officer's opinion or gut feeling are just that. Glad to know there was at least one officer who was not so quick to write WM's death as suicide. ALL MOO.

Cops see all kinds of things us regular folk never see. They see all sorts of crime scenes and suicide scenes and they have a much better handle on what would be considered common reactions from family. I can only guess that seeing DM not visibly shaken at all, and not having shed a single tear at the violent death of his dad, was enough to send up some red flags. I mean sure, there's that kind of "non-reaction" when people are in shock but obviously DM's demeanor suggested something else was going on.

moo.

So he says he went there to check on his father, but in the interview he decided to get a snack first? Doesn't make sense.

That might be because he's entirely full of carp. He told the one first responder he hadn't heard from his dad in days, then yet another it was just the day prior. That's the thing about lying liars who lie, they can't remember which lie they told last and they tend to be unable to keep their stories straight.

This is interesting and makes some sense as to why Evan's determined suicide. So did DM curl up his dad's thumb when he came home, prior to calling MB? The "genius" may have done some research about rigor mortis. I wonder if information was found on his computer.

And, he says, to a certain extent, the decision hinged on how his left hand was found with his thumb curled up, which "might have been consistent" with holding the gun and pulling the trigger with his thumb.

Not directed at you specifically Swedie but I'm wondering how he got the powder on WM's hand. I don't think it's likely but I'm wondering if he somehow held WM's hand to the gun as he pulled the trigger. Or is it simply a matter of rubbing some powder from the pillowcase or DM's own hand (gloved?) onto WM's hand?

Not directed at you specifically Swedie but I'm wondering how he got the powder on WM's hand. I don't think it's likely but I'm wondering if he somehow held WM's hand to the gun as he pulled the trigger. Or is it simply a matter of rubbing some powder from the pillowcase or DM's own hand (gloved?) onto WM's hand?

I've been thinking about this point as well, my theory is that DM guided WM's hand, maybe with a glove on, so he would be essentially holding his own hand over WM's hand to hold the weapon & squeeze the trigger. I'm sure there's a more concise way to explain this, but it's the best I can come up with right now.. it would present some potential problems doing it this way (can the trigger area accommodate two "stacked" fingers?), but it could explain the GSR.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 25s26 seconds ago
"Then I went back to my dad's room and called my mother ... I said there's blood all over his pillow, and he's dead." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 31s31 seconds ago
Millard says he stayed on the phone with her for a while, and then she left to drive over. He then texted his friend Andrew Michalski, who came over and waited with him in the driveway. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 23s23 seconds ago
He says Burns arrived, went in the house for less than ten minutes, and then came back out and called 911. #Millard

What was Rabbit doing inside the house that long? And why wouldn't DM go inside with her for support? I hope we hear from AM; would love to know what the conversation with DM was about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member