GUILTY - Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why he lost the paperwork? I'm saying that it is highly highly unlikely that such paperwork would be lost, and that if any had been lost, what a coincidence that it happened to be THIS particular case that the paperwork was lost.. so my conspiracy-theory-mometer is throwing up red flags
Someone perhaps was helpful in making JS and the coroner papers disappear? If MB begged for the latter?

Pillay now noting that there were several times where Millard's two phones used in this case communicated with each other through the years.
by Adam Carter 2:28 PM

Yes but did this ever happen prior to that evening? And is there evidence of that in this trial because Pillay didn't enter any evidence. I guess all the phone records for the time frame of all the murders is in evidence?

We haven't seen them all as they are in the agreed statement of fact. But Millards back up phone leaves with him, calls a cab near Smich's place then pings off the tower at Maplegate at about 6:00 AM. Hi regular phone stays at Smich's and calls for Pizza at just after midnight.

The question I'd have asked Meneses is why they used Millards phone to order a pizza instead of their own?
Absolutely, why was that NOT asked during this trial??

Just playing devils advocate......on the flip side anyone who personally knows of a family member with alcohol issues and suffers from depression and then finds them dead in bed would immediately suspect suicide and not murder.

But it’s considering DM was found guilty of 2 other murders, why his reaction becomes very suspicious.

Not true...I certainly wouldn't.

Reactions: JDG
<rsbm>

His phone might have been set up with a 'wallet' to use for online payment by credit card. Also, pizza places usually call back to confirm, so they may not have wanted to wake others with a house phone ringing late at night.
But MS and MM each had their own phones too.

Paramedics have a protocol to follow in cases like this. ..... Family members do not!!

I find this interruption very unprofessional.

Is this usual or unusual behavior by the judge?

Again, in reading the Avery transcripts this weekend the opposing counsel would object during closing and the judge ruled or commented on that, but never once interjected his own opinion/objection/dare I say ... bias?

I understand that was a trial by jury but, honestly, to me it sounds like she is doing the job of the opposing counsel here ... maybe not so much as she's not objecting to what has been said, but is questioning what has/not been presented at trial.

Is this typical behaviour?

"Pillay says Millard never intended for this to happen, or Millard would have made an attempt to "sanitize" this weapon.
by Adam Carter 2:51 PM"

UH!? He left his DNA everywhere he committed a crime. He even hid TB's truck at his mom's loaded with DNA if CN hadn't done a soap and water mission. MOO

Pillay says Millard had phones under his name that other people used. Court has previously heard Smich used a phone that was registered under Millard's name. "That this phone was registered in Mr. Millard's name does not establish that he used this phone on that particular evening at all," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 2:27 PM

I don't remember testimony in this trial that MS used a phone registered under DM's name? Anyone else? I know it came out in the TB trial.
And why is the judge not interrupting RP to ask where the testimony is located which confirms that FACT?? Ugh, do not like this.

And again, he calls this a "circumstantial case."
by Adam Carter 2:58 PM

Pillay says there is a "competing reasonable inference here" -- suicide. He says the Crown must have removed suicide as a possibility here, and he says that hasn't happened. He says suicide "far eclipses the Crown case for murder."
by Adam Carter 3:00 PM

Pillay says the scene photos reveal there was some activity in the scene before the photos were taken.
by Adam Carter 3:01 PM

Pillay says we don't know if it was difficult for Millard to shoot himself with his left hand. He's now showing some of the photos from the scene itself -- we've seen these several times.
by Adam Carter 3:03 PM

Pillay now noting that there were several times where Millard's two phones used in this case communicated with each other through the years.
by Adam Carter 2:28 PM

Yes but did this ever happen prior to that evening? And is there evidence of that in this trial because Pillay didn't enter any evidence. I guess all the phone records for the time frame of all the murders is in evidence?
Exactly.. by the time those 2 phones communicated with each other was likely a day or so later, when DM thought he ws completely in the clear about this murder.

Reactions: JDG
Pillay says it's not unusual for Millard to have left his car at Smich's home, if that's in fact what happened on Nov. 28/29. He says Millard "had a driver" during that period of time.
by Adam Carter 2:36 PM

What? That doesn't even make sense. So MH, his "driver" is also now a suspect according to RP? Sounds like he's throwing all the spaghetti at the wall. Suicide, MS did it, one of the many people who had Millard registered phones did it, his "driver" came and got him frequently but let his car at Smich's? Why not put MH up on the stand and claim this RP?

MOO

I spent a lot of time this rainy weekend reading trial transcripts from the Steven Avery case, particularly their closing arguments.
Do we, in Canada, have these transcripts made available to us for cases such as these?

Such as made available on a public website? Is so, no I’m personally not aware of anything like that. In Canada the ordinary person has access to virtually no published information regarding criminal proceedings other than what’s printed in the media, including basic things such as online criminal record checks.

"Pillay says Millard never intended for this to happen, or Millard would have made an attempt to "sanitize" this weapon.
by Adam Carter 2:51 PM"

UH!? He left his DNA everywhere he committed a crime. He even hid TB's truck at his mom's loaded with DNA if CN hadn't done a soap and water mission. MOO
Never intended for *what* to happen??? For his own DNA to be on the gun?? For the gun to finally eventually be examined to discover his DNA?? For police to finally get a clue and go back and check??

Pillay says it's not unusual for Millard to have left his car at Smich's home, if that's in fact what happened on Nov. 28/29. He says Millard "had a driver" during that period of time.

What? That doesn't even make sense. So MH, his "driver" is also now a suspect according to RP? Sounds like he's throwing all the spaghetti at the wall. Suicide, MS did it, one of the many people who had Millard registered phones did it, his "driver" came and got him frequently but let his car at Smich's? Why not put MH up on the stand and claim this RP?

MOO

Unfortunately, the defense does not have to prove innocence, just holes in the prosecution's case that shows reasonable doubt .

Didn't she testify he left a CC behind too, though?
Yes, knowing DM, (and the people that he was associating with), would he have had a 'wallet' type of scenario on his phone which makes it simple for anyone with access to his phone able to use? The man doesn't think things through, however he's not a total moron. jmo.

MOO
Didn't DM testify or text that he had taken MM and MS back home the following day after going out to eat? Why can he drive one minute, but not the next? And why does MM not mention this detail on the stand?

Such as made available on a public website? Is so, no I’m personally not aware of anything like that. In Canada the ordinary person has access to virtually no published information regarding criminal proceedings other than what’s printed in the media, including basic things such as online criminal record checks.

You can actually request the information from the freedom of information act.

Unless there happens to have been an appeal of some sort? Then aren't the docs available on the canlii site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp.52203