GUILTY - Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone clarify this in simple terms? If DM is found not guilty he keeps the inheritance and others can sue him ...If he is found guilty he loses it> therefore no money left to sue for? Is this correct?

With lawyer fees I think he's in the hole already. The business owed him money back for the bail out from his properties but as stated, there is no longer an income producing business so that is not practical. Not sure where this mysterious inheritance might be some think still exists.

I was watching the 5th Estate show about Millard yesterday. There was a clip from the guy that discovered Bosma's truck in the hanger and he said that he knew that there had been a lot of friction between DM and WM regarding DMs spending habits and that WM had threatened to cut him off. I wonder why none of that was mentioned in any of the trials?

Maybe considered "hearsay?"

I think it's pretty reasonable to conclude that no proper investigation was done to deem it a suicide either. And any reasonable person looking at the totality of the evidence provided, with no counter evidence to explain it, bearing in mind the complete incompetence of the responding LE and the coroner at the time of the death, should be able to come to the conclusion that it was a murder. A murder most likely committed by the person with the means, opportunity and motive, beyond a reasonable doubt.

MOO

Well said, Kamille.
It reminds me of the balance of probabilities that the coroner was talking about in his testimony. Adding up all the evidence provided, as you say, murder by DM does seem to be the most reasonable conclusion. But if the judge thinks that there is even a small chance that it was suicide, then she can't convict... right?

And going back to that balance of probabilities... I was just looking at the tweets from Day 3 of the trial with the coroner and Det. Hutcheon where he says that the coroner told him on the scene that it "seems like 60 to 70 per cent suicide, 30 to 40 per cent suspicious." Hutcheon said he requested that the homicide detective come but that the homicide detective said he would not attend the scene and that he would instead follow up the next morning by looking at the report and the photographs. How is that acceptable?! 60-40 is only slightly more than the two things being equally possible...meaning the coroner really didn't know or even feel strongly that it was suicide...meaning that there was a fair chance it was suspicious. One would think that in such a situation the homicide detective would not have a choice but to attend the scene! I'm just thinking of all of the evidence analysis and testing that might have been done had he gone to the scene as was requested!
Also, the coroner stated that his determination of suicide was helped by history he got from the family members (MB and DM taking about trouble with finances, alcohol, depression). It's amazing how all of the professionals on the scene were influenced by what DM and MB had to say. And I guess why wouldn't they be? In most cases I imagine it's helpful for family members to be providing background information... But anyway...I'll end my rant here. :p

They kept him waiting for five hours to give his statement. The fact that he didn't walk out of there tells me he's guilty.

But, he had to be somewhere until the body was moved. I think he ended up staying at hims moms, but still. the body wasn't removed until late.

I agree. I wonder if it's at all possible that, if she acquits, the Justice's ruling might in fact say that while the evidence does not meet the standard of proof for a conviction, she feels it likely that DM murdered his father. I hate to see him have the satisfaction of thinking he fooled everyone.

While I don't disagree, bit of a humble pie moment for him as he's already got 2 life sentences.
Sad as it may be for the legacy of WM, I'm satisfied that he fooled no one and if he gets off, its on the technicalities relating to a poorly processed/maintained scene and not by his own wits.

I'm really not sure which direction this will go.

I do remember, however, a great majority of us felt this apprehension before the LB verdict, too.

Well said, Kamille.
It reminds me of the balance of probabilities that the coroner was talking about in his testimony. Adding up all the evidence provided, as you say, murder by DM does seem to be the most reasonable conclusion. But if the judge thinks that there is even a small chance that it was suicide, then she can't convict... right?

And going back to that balance of probabilities... I was just looking at the tweets from Day 3 of the trial with the coroner and Det. Hutcheon where he says that the coroner told him on the scene that it "seems like 60 to 70 per cent suicide, 30 to 40 per cent suspicious." Hutcheon said he requested that the homicide detective come but that the homicide detective said he would not attend the scene and that he would instead follow up the next morning by looking at the report and the photographs. How is that acceptable?! 60-40 is only slightly more than the two things being equally possible...meaning the coroner really didn't know or even feel strongly that it was suicide...meaning that there was a fair chance it was suspicious. One would think that in such a situation the homicide detective would not have a choice but to attend the scene! I'm just thinking of all of the evidence analysis and testing that might have been done had he gone to the scene as was requested!
Also, the coroner stated that his determination of suicide was helped by history he got from the family members (MB and DM taking about trouble with finances, alcohol, depression). It's amazing how all of the professionals on the scene were influenced by what DM and MB had to say. And I guess why wouldn't they be? In most cases I imagine it's helpful for family members to be providing background information... But anyway...I'll end my rant here. :p

Kinda speaks to how easily he was able to manipulate those in his inner circle, huh?

That would be beyond any doubt, not reasonable doubt IMO.

I feel "control" was the motive. DM wanted full control.

And I believe the motive is what DM wrote in texts.

Freedom from Social Norms. He wanted complete control so that he could steal $100,000 per month to finance his "Invention" phase. Inventions made the Millard family wealthy. It was his way to justify his total disregard for an honest days work. If his dad and granddad did it, surely the smartest Millard could succeed in the world of inventions. MOO

I keep coming back to WM's right hand, carefully tucked under the left side of his face.

Millard was "unhinged."
by Adam Carter 3:33 PM

Pillay says this email shows Millard was in "emotional free fall."

"Wayne was disintegrating," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 3:35 PM

Is it reasonable to think that WM was in such a state and that he carefully tucked himself into bed - his right hand nestled under the left side of his face - and with the limited range of motion of his left arm, he oh so carefully and deliberately shot himself in the left eye without disturbing his right hand?

If it was suicide, the body surely could not have moved much since the time of death. I mean, WM was alone, right? After rigor mortis set in, even Rabbit probably could not have changed how his right hand was placed. So his right hand must have been tucked under his face before the shot was fired, because how else could it get there? :confused::rolleyes:

It would seem to be immensely awkward, so if he did die by suicide, why would it be important to keep his right hand there? I can't think of a reason.o_O

MOO

Well, guys, it is over. Now we have to wait until Sept. to hear the verdict. Personally, I don't think there will be an M1 conviction.
It is a disappointment but the crown I feel did the best they could with such a messed up investigation.
He murdered him, but I don't think it was a strong enough case to get a conviction.
We can at least know he won't be getting out of prison.
I have followed all 3 trials and when I look back I had no idea he had murdered 2 other people.
Knowing what I know now about DM , when Sharlene Bosma said 'when DM walked down my driveway ,the devil walked down that driveway and smiled at me? I always remember those words.
Another person said what if Tim had not wanted to go on the test drive would DM have killed all three adults that night and what about the small daughter would he have harmed her also.
It is very possible that could have happened because he went there armed and was determined to take the truck and to murder. I don't think it would have mattered to him to kill one or 3 people including a child.
Evil will always be out there so good chance I will meet up with you guys again on Websleuths about another case.
I really enjoyed the intelligent conversations and most informed ones by some of you.
Have a great summer and we will all wait until Sept to find out the verdict.

I've been pretty quiet during this most recent trial. I've tried to be impartial and accept the evidence as it's been presented but that's pretty hard to do when you know all the ins and outs of the past 2 trials that ended in solid convictions.

I don't quite know where this one is going to end up.

There is no doubt in my mind that DM murdered his father. To me, it's very clear. However, shoddy and negligent work by TPS didn't make this case a slam dunk that's for sure. The Crown had some good viable circumstantial evidence but they really didn't have much to work with. MM got torn apart; I think the Crown should have delved into the financial aspect more to prove their point, but maybe things weren't so rosy. It might not have been a good idea to go down that rabbit hole. Then the big disappointment with the crime scene reconstruction testimony being disallowed was huge. Not a good day for the Crown.

It's ALWAYS been about DM. He came first and foremost. What he wanted he took and most times he took it illegally. He's a lot of things, but Sharlene Bosma got it right from the start. He is EVIL. Evil walked up the Bosma's driveway on a warm spring night in May several years ago; Evil snuffed out Laura's young troubled life; and Evil took the life of a Father trying his best to leave a viable business and legacy for his son.

If this isn't the definition of EVIL, I don't know what is.

Let's hope that by the time September rolls around, DM will be facing another 25 years in prison for the murder of his father.

The difference is a govt official (ie Coroner) signed off on the death file concluding suicide, as opposed to Undetermined. In order for that legal finding to be reversed, for the manner of death to be changed to Homicide, I do think the onus fairly falls upon the Crown to prove why it should be amended.

In our criminal justice system, every defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty and without proof that a homicide occured, there can be no guilt.

To compare, in the case of LB, she was never errously verified to have been located.

JMO

There is a similarity in the fact that, like Wayne, LB was not initially treated as a victim. Both she and Wayne were deemed to be under their own agency when they disappeared and died respectively. When later evidence suggested something different in Laura's case - a no body case - there wasn't a huge uphill slog for the Crown to overcome the original mistake in judgement. They simply proved that in light of the new evidence the original supposition and the defense position were not reasonable. I'm hoping it's a similar evolution here.

It's these darn new smartphone
smartphone-wheels-d-render-31974998.jpg

Smartphone on wheels

Very smart.
I love these responses, as the entire trial is so 'iffy':I need a laugh, as I would hope, others do.

So, he purchases his burner phone on Nov 1, the same day the MRO came through. Then on Nov 6, he’s telling Smich to keep his mouth shut about real-life things they’re doing because some people already know too much. On Nov 10, he uploads his bloody eye photo. It seems it was Dellen Millard who was coming unhinged.

Babcock, Millard, and Bosma Murders

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 10.30.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 10.30.38 PM.png
    320.6 KB · Views: 16
I've been pretty quiet during this most recent trial. I've tried to be impartial and accept the evidence as it's been presented but that's pretty hard to do when you know all the ins and outs of the past 2 trials that ended in solid convictions.

I don't quite know where this one is going to end up.

There is no doubt in my mind that DM murdered his father. To me, it's very clear. However, shoddy and negligent work by TPS didn't make this case a slam dunk that's for sure. The Crown had some good viable circumstantial evidence but they really didn't have much to work with. MM got torn apart; I think the Crown should have delved into the financial aspect more to prove their point, but maybe things weren't so rosy. It might not have been a good idea to go down that rabbit hole. Then the big disappointment with the crime scene reconstruction testimony being disallowed was huge. Not a good day for the Crown.

It's ALWAYS been about DM. He came first and foremost. What he wanted he took and most times he took it illegally. He's a lot of things, but Sharlene Bosma got it right from the start. He is EVIL. Evil walked up the Bosma's driveway on a warm spring night in May several years ago; Evil snuffed out Laura's young troubled life; and Evil took the life of a Father trying his best to leave a viable business and legacy for his son.

If this isn't the definition of EVIL, I don't know what is.

Let's hope that by the time September rolls around, DM will be facing another 25 years in prison for the murder of his father.
I have criticized MM a lot but she did assist the crown in important evidence, she may have changed after all.

We haven't seen them all as they are in the agreed statement of fact. But Millards back up phone leaves with him, calls a cab near Smich's place then pings off the tower at Maplegate at about 6:00 AM. Hi regular phone stays at Smich's and calls for Pizza at just after midnight.

The question I'd have asked Meneses is why they used Millards phone to order a pizza instead of their own?

Well if MS was in the know, then that answer is obvious. Alibi

Well, guys, it is over. Now we have to wait until Sept. to hear the verdict. Personally, I don't think there will be an M1 conviction.
It is a disappointment but the crown I feel did the best they could with such a messed up investigation.
He murdered him, but I don't think it was a strong enough case to get a conviction.
We can at least know he won't be getting out of prison.
I have followed all 3 trials and when I look back I had no idea he had murdered 2 other people.
Knowing what I know now about DM , when Sharlene Bosma said 'when DM walked down my driveway ,the devil walked down that driveway and smiled at me? I always remember those words.
Another person said what if Tim had not wanted to go on the test drive would DM have killed all three adults that night and what about the small daughter would he have harmed her also.
It is very possible that could have happened because he went there armed and was determined to take the truck and to murder. I don't think it would have mattered to him to kill one or 3 people including a child.
Evil will always be out there so good chance I will meet up with you guys again on Websleuths about another case.
I really enjoyed the intelligent conversations and most informed ones by some of you.
Have a great summer and we will all wait until Sept to find out the verdict.
Interesting comments but remember that DM is equal parts sadistic predator and pathetic coward. It was his cowardice that prevailed the previous day when he and MS cut and ran when faced with the imposing IT.
The other priority for them the incinerator and their sick obsession with it. If TB has balked, would they have taken on 3 adults and a child in a driveway? Probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billyidaho