Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Trapped In Cave , 23 June 2018 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuvlotik‏ @Kuvlotik
Diver on CNN: "Carrying Air Tanks for SEAL Team Rescue Team" "Visibility is bad, can only see our hand in a short distance" "Passages are very narrow" "Rocks are like razors + are dangerous" "Hardest mission ever" #ThaiCaveRescue #ThamLuang

10:16 PM - 9 Jul 2018

the video on the submarine guy was the first time I had seen it from in side where it is not lit like at the beginning of the cave watching that a couple of times made their accomplishments even more incredible

just imagine 9 hours of that

Why the boys' diets are so closely managed:

Refeeding syndrome

Refeeding syndrome is a syndrome consisting of metabolic disturbances that occur as a result of reinstitution of nutrition to patients who are starved, severely malnourished or metabolically stressed due to severe illness. When too much food and/or liquid nutrition supplement is consumed during the initial four to seven days of refeeding this triggers synthesis of glycogen, fat and protein in cells, to the detriment of serum concentrations of potassium, magnesium and phosphorus.[1][2] Cardiac, pulmonary and neurological symptoms can be signs of refeeding syndrome. The low serum minerals, if severe enough, can be fatal.
Refeeding syndrome - Wikipedia
(I remember similar aspects with Turpins... i hope the T13 doing great too)

If only I had learned sign language! Maybe that's the universal language so I could travel and be understood?

No it's not universal. For example, I studied American Sign Language aka ASL. Idk what they have there. I'm too tired to Google lol.

amanda hodge‏Verified account @hodgeamanda
Today’s final rescue mission to extract the last four Thai boys and their football coach from #ThamLuangcave will take longer than previous nights because, in addition, 3 Thai NavySEALS and a Thai army medic who have stayed with the boys since they were found will also come out.

10:28 PM - 9 Jul 2018
12:28 PM - 10 July 2018 Bangkok

DhmmRfRUEAAOQhO.jpg

So.... it takes 5 hours to get there and approx. 4 hours back but they make better timing depending on circumstances right?
Is it the current against them that makes it take longer getting there? Sometimes it's difficult to get anywhere swimming against a current. They have rains coming down to exacerbate this. Hopefully they have diverted the flow successfully.

I’m very concerned about the coach. I can’t explain it. I hope everything goes well.
I am too. Not only physically....he didn't eat etc, but also emotionally and mentally. Being responsible for 12 boys is one thing that's so stressful but I fear he will be consumed by guilt and remorse. I much hope he will have a great deal of support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona