Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The secret!

* Optus has a new tool that can pinpoint exact location and help track location.
* Cor Mo geolocation can detect activity even when the phone is deactivated from the network.
* It was once that phones could only be tracked when on.
* Police say Br drove from the home in Oakley Drive up the Calder to Mt Macedon
* 9:18 - Karen's phone pinged from Maidstone
* 10:43 - Keilor East Tower
* 11:40 - Gisborne

Category: | Herald Sun
Ristevski latest: Borce and Karen’s phones ‘deactivated’ on day she went missing

Sorry mucked that up, reposting.

* Optus has a new tool that can pinpoint exact location and help track location.
* Cor Mo geolocation can detect activity even when the phone is deactivated from the network.

Ristevski latest: Borce and Karen’s phones ‘deactivated’ on day she went missing

Last edited:

* 14:43 - Keilor East Tower

Whattha....maidstone????

Ohhh the plot seriously just thickened.

The secret!

But it was stated here, by Expert, they could not pin point phone location!

Did the Optus engineer not testify that it was not possible to pinpoint the phones, that they would t necessarily connect to the closest base station & may connect to any within 20-35km radius (depending whether it is a rural or inner location?

I can’t read the Herald Sun article.

What was the supposed time frame again...

Maidstone!!!!!

Well fark me....

Maidstone isn’t far at all from Oakley Drive. My past address in Maidstone, right near the detention centre, was less than 5 mins drive (assuming no traffic) from there.

It wouldn’t surprise me if a phone handset at the Ristevski home sometimes connected to a tower in Maidstone. Especially as it’s up on a hill.

EDIT : When I lived in Maribyrnong, at a location almost dead centre between Oakley Drive & Maidstone, my mobile regularly connected to towers in Maidstone, Avondale Heights & Aberfeldie (this was back when your phone could be set to display the location of the tower it was connected to).

Given that a phone can connect to towers up to 20km away in suburbia, I wouldn’t pay much heed to Borce or Karen’s phone contacting a tower in Maidstone.

Last edited:
There's too many indications that it wasn't a happy close home imo Sarah.
Unless Ms Culhane and Karen had a close friendship I feel it hard to imagine a shop owner would speak to a customer like this, even jokingly.

"I don't want to go home. I'd rather stay here,"
Ms Ristevski said, according to Ms Culhane's statement

In a statement released by the court today, Ms Culhane said it was the first time she'd heard Ms Ristevski swear, when she used the word "*advertiser censored**" when talking about Mr Rivstevski.

In the dock, Mr Ristevski bowed his head and showed visible emotion as she spoke. Sarah, 23, didn't look at her father when she gave evidence.

If you were giving evidence in the murder trial of a loved one, and you believed they were innocent, wouldn't you want to show them your support, a little wave, looking at them, nodding at them when you said something positive, blowing them a kiss even?

So why wouldn't she look at him? Couldn't look at him? Because either she knows he did it - or she knows she did it.
JMO.

Borce Ristevski breaks down as daughter gives evidence

Hey Fluffy,
Several years ago I had to attend court and the Barrister told me not to look at the accused but only to the lawyers or the Judge.

Oh they like to string it out.;)

I hope you're right.
On another site, ages ago, I read, technology is available where they can even pinpoint street, whether you are indoors or outside. Wonder if this is available here. But I wish I could obtain this info now.
In the Carwell Case, on websleuths, phone pings located the Creep, in a particular street.
I have also read, of an acquittal, after initially being found guilty due to phone pings. It was later stated, these are not so accurate, and person was released!!!!!
So wonder, what is the case here: a merry go round, bringing in 'doubt'.o_O

Last edited:
Did the Optus engineer not testify that it was not possible to pinpoint the phones, that they would t necessarily connect to the closest base station & may connect to any within 20-35km radius (depending whether it is a rural or inner location?

I can’t read the Herald Sun article.
Yes Mr Prypoten the technician. Optus has recently bought Cov Mo.
* Karen phone recieved a call at 1:19pm.
* A voice call attempt was recorded in the Sunbury - Diggers Rest area.

A few things I keep thinking about..

- why did borce take Karen's car when he had his own, especially if he knew he was going to the bush, it would've been easier in his, not hers.

- can you uber from multiple cars? As his profile showed he drove the Vw (and that was the car that he picked my OH up in). Makes no sense to use the merc as you can only pick up 1 passenger.

- sarah said something along the lines of "my mum wouldve taken my dads car to work", did she always do this?

I hope you're right.
On another site, ages ago, I read, technology is available where they can even pinpoint street, whether you are indoors or outside. Wonder if this is available here. But I wish I could obtain this info now.

Yes, this is possible here in Australia, but it only applies in real time. If your phone is switched on now, then people using portable equipment can triangulate your location very precisely in real time.

Without the portable equipment they can still get a real-time accurate fix on a phone by instructing the network to transfer the handset to several local phone towers. By measuring the signal strength of that phone at each phone tower, a location to within a street block can typically be inferred.

When trying to locate a cellphone after the fact, these techniques do not apply & we are left with “the phone was within 20km of suburban towers it pinged & within 35-50km of rural towers it pinged”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard