Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it against corporate law to run a company that is technically insolvent.

Yes - people do it all the time though. They wind one company up, slightly change the name and keep on trading. Usually on different ABN's too. I could give you many examples right now. So technically they are not breaking the law, but they are usually rorting people out of money that the last company lost. Can't chase something that's insolvent.

Yes - people do it all the time though. They wind one company up, slightly change the name and keep on trading. Usually on different ABN's too. I could give you many examples right now. So technically they are not breaking the law, but they are usually rorting people out of money that the last company lost. Can't chase something that's insolvent.

So this is permitted within the law!!!!!:(
What happens to People, not paid from previous company?:eek:
What about the Directors of new company, if same as old?
Can 'rorted' person from closed company, GET money via Director, of new company?

So, here, all the past debt is wiped, and now there is $1.4 million.
OK not all in business debt, but somehow personal debt is also a problem: businesses did not pay here.
Great businesses and book keepers.o_Oo_Oo_O
So if latest company does well, these shifty business owners, can brag how successful they are!!

So this is permitted within the law!!!!!:(
What happens to People, not paid from previous company?:eek:
What about the Directors of new company, if same as old?
Can 'rorted' person from closed company, GET money via Director, of new company?

So, here, all the past debt is wiped, and now there is $1.4 million.
OK not all in business debt, but somehow personal debt is also a problem: businesses did not pay here.
Great businesses and book keepers.o_Oo_Oo_O
So if latest company does well, these shifty business owners, can brag how successful they are!!

Trump has done it four times. Filed for corporate bankruptcy, then moved on to amass huge personal wealth.

The difference between Trump and Borce is that Trump has used 'legitimate' laws and shelters to walk along his twisted path. Borce seems to have just tried to muddle through it, but has been somewhat successful in avoiding repayment of debt due to similar laws and shelters.

Too complicated to go into here, but it is done on a fairly regular basis by business people.

Fourth Time's A Charm: How Donald Trump Made Bankruptcy Work For Him

Trump has done it four times. Filed for corporate bankruptcy, then moved on to amass huge personal wealth.

The difference between Trump and Borce is that Trump has used 'legitimate' laws and shelters to walk along his twisted path. Borce seems to have just tried to muddle through it, but has been somewhat successful in avoiding repayment of debt due to similar laws and shelters.

Too complicated to go into here, but it is done on a fairly regular basis by business people.

Fourth Time's A Charm: How Donald Trump Made Bankruptcy Work For Him

Following your article, the last paragraph reveals, if smart, can insulate your personal debt, if there are business failures.

"The first bankruptcy was the only time his personal fortune was at stake," said Ted Connolly, a Boston bankruptcy lawyer who used Trump as model for getting out of debt in his book The Road Out Of Debt: Bankruptcy and Other Solutions to Your Financial Problems. "He learned from it. He's insulated."

This would inspire BR.
Close companies, and finally great wealth.

Last edited:
Going by that graph, it would have been about 11-12C at the time she supposedly walked off. The footpath would have been unbearably cold to bare feet. Even in shoes you'd feel the cold striking up from underneath. And just the idea of any sane woman heading out on a winter morning with a jacket and handbag but no shoes. Oh, come on. :rolleyes:

She might have tried to escape, shoeless.

I still think something on that puter that morning was the trigger, either Karen or BR saw something.

Remembering he did the bookwork....

The Australian was onto this way back.

August 20, 2016

Paperwork declaring Mr Ristevski had taken over from his wife as the sole director of Warrant Brands, which is linked to her Bella Bleu fashion label, was filed with the Australian Securities & Investments Commission in March.

Mr Ristevski previously ran the similarly named company Warrant, which was closed by the Victorian Supreme Court in September 2012 after legal action by Ms Ristevski’s former best friend, lawyer Natalie Bannister, and Ms Bannister’s then partner, art dealer Mark Norton.

The liquidators appointed by the court, Bruno Secatore and Daniel Juratowitch of Cor Cordis, alleged to ASIC there was some evidence of insolvent trading — continuing to run a business while it is unable to pay its bills.

But ASIC took no action as a result of the May 2013 report.
Nocookies

I'm thinking Sarah realises dad is going down and her testimony might help decide to what degree. Murder or manslaughter.

...her parents fought every few weeks but her father was “the calming influence” and “never demonstrative”.

“I didn’t grow up in a household where there was lots of arguing,” Ms Ristevski said.

“Dad was a calming influence. Mum would get annoyed quickly. Dad was always the calm one, calming her down.”

Ristevski daughter breaks her silence

There was also Warrant Pty Ltd before Warrant Brands Pty Ltd

Warrant Brands
29 May 2018 - notice of deregistration
8 June 2018 - Application for winding up
22 June 2018 - In liquidation
Warrant Brands Pty. Ltd. 156 042 152 | Court Liquidation | Appointment | VIC | Published : 22/06/2018 | ASIC Notice Details
So this was very recent. I wonder if the forensic accountant had taken this into consideration. And whether BR could apply for its liquidation behind bars?

The Australian was onto this way back.

August 20, 2016

Paperwork declaring Mr Ristevski had taken over from his wife as the sole director of Warrant Brands, which is linked to her Bella Bleu fashion label, was filed with the Australian Securities & Investments Commission in March.

Mr Ristevski previously ran the similarly named company Warrant, which was closed by the Victorian Supreme Court in September 2012 after legal action by Ms Ristevski’s former best friend, lawyer Natalie Bannister, and Ms Bannister’s then partner, art dealer Mark Norton.

The liquidators appointed by the court, Bruno Secatore and Daniel Juratowitch of Cor Cordis, alleged to ASIC there was some evidence of insolvent trading — continuing to run a business while it is unable to pay its bills.

But ASIC took no action as a result of the May 2013 report.
Nocookies

Indeed they were.

Warrant Pty Ltd abn status cancelled 30 Sept 2015 and de-registered 22 May 2016.

Current details for ABN 62 054 396 468 | ABN Lookup
https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/R...Type=OrgAndBusNm&_adf.ctrl-state=btz38odop_15

I have no doubt that as the prosecution lead the jury down the twisting path of Blue Laser Jean Co, Warrant Brands, Warrant, Bella Bleu, Envirovision ..... the jury will soon see Borce's impeccably poor financial history, the stress and strain that he and Karen were almost always experiencing, the way that money was wiggled and jiggled from one entity to the next, how massive debts were left behind.

And then a sudden windfall inheritance - small in comparison to the debts, but large enough to want to retain. The likelihood that Karen wanted to dissolve the marriage, perhaps wanted her inheritance to start again, alone and in her own creative direction.

The motive for the murder will become crystal clear.

I agree with you. I think that there may have been a bit of a financial motive, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if they had argued, Karen announced she was going to leave him and he lost the plot.

The split was rumoured and the financial situation/new company/Sarah’s age all played a part to bring it to the forefront on that morning.

How many domestic murders do you see because the male can’t accept his female “property” wants to start afresh?

I have no doubt he killed her. Probably had help to dispose of her. I just hope all the circumstantial evidence has enough weight to convict.

I agree with you. I think that there may have been a bit of a financial motive, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if they had argued, Karen announced she was going to leave him and he lost the plot.

The split was rumoured and the financial situation/new company/Sarah’s age all played a part to bring it to the forefront on that morning.

How many domestic murders do you see because the male can’t accept his female “property” wants to start afresh?

I have no doubt he killed her. Probably had help to dispose of her. I just hope all the circumstantial evidence has enough weight to convict.
This is a likely scenario IMO.

If she merely had a go at him for betraying her with Envirovision, he might just appease her and add her back to the new company. After all, what good it was to Envirovision with a dead Karen? No more revenue.

But if she told him, this is the last straw, I am leaving you, Karen dead or alive made no difference. Might as well punish her for ruining the family..

separation assault
The most violent time in an abusive relationship is the minute the woman leaves, or tries to leave. In fact, in domestic violence cases, more than 70 percent of injuries and murders happen after the victim leaves. This phenomenon is known as separation assault. Dr. Phil, along with Sue Else, president of the National Network to End Domestic Violence, and Loni Coombs, former prosecutor and legal commentator, speak with two women who’ve ended their relationships but struggle to feel safe.

End the Silence on Domestic Violence: Abusive Exes | Dr. Phil

Prosecutor Matt Fisher told the court this morning Karen's death "isn't an accidental killing" and that there is enough evidence for a jury to convict the father of murder.

'This isn’t an accidental killing'

Mr Fisher is arguing the accused actions after allegedly killing his wife proves he had murderous intent and should be committed to stand trial for murder.

This is a likely scenario IMO.

If she merely had a go at him for betraying her with Envirovision, he might just appease her and add her back to the new company. After all, what good it was to Envirovision with a dead Karen? No more revenue.

But if she told him, this is the last straw, I am leaving you, Karen dead or alive made no difference. Might as well punish her for ruining the family..

Yes, from what I've seen so far about Princess Borce is that he blames everyone else. The Australian for digging up his financials, the media for asking a direct question or the police who overstepped his princess line so did he blame Karen for not bringing in enough money. Oh my I know so many people like this.

I won't be surprised to find there is another person in this relationship, that's when a spouse becomes greedy to impress and ensure his/her future is rosey. IMO it's got a male or female Toni McHugh written all over it. Other than Uber, how did Borce spend his days?

Court told how Borce Ristevski ‘covered his tracks’

PROSECUTORS arguing Melbourne man Borce Ristevski murdered his wife say he went to “significant lengths” to cover up what was not “just an accidental killing”.

Mr Ristevski, 54, is accused of killing his wife Karen Ristevski, 47, at their Avondale Heights home on June 29, 2016.

Police allege the pair fought about finances before he murdered her, bundled her body into the boot of her black Mercedes Benz SLK roadster and drove it to bushland at Mount Macedon, north of Melbourne, where it was dumped.

How Ristevski ‘covered his tracks’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member