Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A news article from June this year.

"When he last saw his wife she had left on foot, was wearing a black blazer, jeans and was carrying a gold Coach handbag"

Category: | Herald Sun

No mention of shoes.

Never, ever any shoes in this story .... for a lady who 'went for a walk to clear her head' on a winter's day, in Victoria.
A high temp of around 14C on that day ..... Weather in June 2016 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Police are investigating whether missing Melbourne woman Karen Ristevski left home shoeless on the day she disappeared.
It is understood Victoria Police are yet to determine whether Ms Ristevski was wearing shoes when she left her home in Melbourne’s northwestern suburb of Avondale Heights on June 29.
The Australian - 12:00AM September 9, 2016

In new details revealed to court, Mr Fisher said Ms Ristevski’s skull and feet were discovered under leaf litter and sticks. She was not wearing shoes or socks.
What Ristevski did on day wife died

6f0699b49e6efc730fd0af523d9e1558

Karen Ristevski case: Why this mannequin is so important

Never, ever any shoes in this story .... for a lady who 'went for a walk to clear her head' on a winter's day, in Victoria.
A high temp of around 14C on that day ..... Weather in June 2016 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Police are investigating whether missing Melbourne woman Karen Ristevski left home shoeless on the day she disappeared.
It is understood Victoria Police are yet to determine whether Ms Ristevski was wearing shoes when she left her home in Melbourne’s northwestern suburb of Avondale Heights on June 29.
The Australian - 12:00AM September 9, 2016

In new details revealed to court, Mr Fisher said Ms Ristevski’s skull and feet were discovered under leaf litter and sticks. She was not wearing shoes or socks.
What Ristevski did on day wife died

6f0699b49e6efc730fd0af523d9e1558

Karen Ristevski case: Why this mannequin is so important
Going by that graph, it would have been about 11-12C at the time she supposedly walked off. The footpath would have been unbearably cold to bare feet. Even in shoes you'd feel the cold striking up from underneath. And just the idea of any sane woman heading out on a winter morning with a jacket and handbag but no shoes. Oh, come on. :rolleyes:

What was happening in their lives around...before December 2015??
There must be some wacky reason he registered the new business name.
In the past IMO... they ...he and Karen covered their ars** together by shifting ownership of business names here..n.. there.... to avoid repercutions of debt......working in unison...
I felt with all their struggles. ..they still worked as a team to "get through"...
Maybe, it was as you say. But when Karen inherited an amount of money - which was needed so much - the "team working" got risky for Karen and she was smart enough, to notice that. Certainly she wanted to keep this money and didn't want it to be mixed with the finances of their companies. IMO MOO

Sorry I don't get it. Are you going to or have reported people for having an opinion ?

No, for the violation of this rule:

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them.

IF it had been a honest and true explanation for Karen, leaving the home, I would fully understand the situation: I'm the director of Bella Bleu and just got told by my husband (or just have read in a "mysterious" letter), that I have from the day after tomorrow to deposit the daily revenue onto another account, to which I have no access. Very nice surprise. I would feel ousted by husband AND daughter, as also controlled by them. No wonder, there was yelling and screaming! And going ballistic would have been a normal reaction to such a sneaky attack (by "loved ones", one of them I had a "special bond" to).
I would have left the home, the husband and the daughter and the dog - if I had been able to ....
Allegedly, KR planned to leave BR after SR's 21st birthday party. We know that people generally don't leave relationships/families where they feel loved, valued and belong. Now, it is uncovered that BR had allegedly undermined KR with the establishment of Envirovision. Hypothetically, the implications for KR on uncovering these 'covert' dynamics could have been overwhelming: the hurt and shock of being 'betrayed' by her own family; her business undermined; her inheritance arbitrarily out of her control. She had been violated. It's not difficult to imagine that a highly emotive 'conflict' erupted.
Hypothetically, it's not difficult to imagine that BR may have reacted with rage at KR's reaction and plans once Envirovision was discovered and his 'covert' attack on her finances exposed. Hypothetically, what else did KR know about BR's business dealings which she may have threatened to expose?

In this case, the core family dynamics are a 'triangle'. In a relational triangle, there is always the potential for two to side against the third. If KR believed that SR was involved in the 'covert' attack against her orchestrated by BR, this could have been deeply hurtful.
Not only was KR murdered and her body abandoned in the bush, hypothetically, she may have suffered much hurt and anger at the violations discovered before she was murdered.

This was not a loving, nurturing family IMO. Hypothetically, it appears that relationships were fractured with 'covert' dynamics, interests and conflicts.
My opinion only based on information gained from MSM.

Last edited:
I'm posting the "complete" victim friendly rules so everyone can see.

"Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them.

Has it ever been said if police obtained records of Karen’s texts/emails/web searches?

I would expect that would be routine, but wondering if anything interesting was turned up. If she was planning to leave, or had discovered about the company, perhaps there were records of this? Did she have a best girlfriend who was privy to her thoughts?

it's the old story of choice, would you rather put your foot in a bucket of boiling oil or a bucket of angry scorpions?... it's pain all round.

But it seems that Borce couldn't cope with either of the choices he made.. to not declare bankruptcy, and to continue accumulating debt.

Somewhere, I got the idea that Borce was already a declared bankrupt. Due to the hard hit he took on his previous venture into trade. How he managed to register businesses is a mystery to me.

Isn't it against corporate law to run a company that is technically insolvent.

it's the old story of choice, would you rather put your foot in a bucket of boiling oil or a bucket of angry scorpions?... it's pain all round.

But it seems that Borce couldn't cope with either of the choices he made.. to not declare bankruptcy, and to continue accumulating debt.

Somewhere, I got the idea that Borce was already a declared bankrupt. Due to the hard hit he took on his previous venture into trade. How he managed to register businesses is a mystery to me.

Isn't it against corporate law to run a company that is technically insol
I think Vasko was aware of a huge amount of the debt, and possibly was in debt right along with Borce.

"But the family was plunged into debt when the clothing manufacture and wholesaler, Blue Jean Co, which Mr Ristevski owned with his brother Vasko, collapsed and left him with $600,000 in unsecured debt."
Borce and Karen Ristevski had money problems before her death

I wonder if that was Borces plan, to funnel money into the new company and then liquidate Warrant Brands just like he did with Blue Laser Jeans back in 2000 I think.

The way the press kept saying "Bags of Evidence" put the thought in my mind that they may have found THE bag but were told to keep quiet about it.

Probably finger prints all over it, BUT if other family members, difficult to work out.
Great if can calculate, the last lot of fingerprints on bag: ie those over Karen's (meaning someone handled bag AFTER Karen).

Isn't it against corporate law to run a company that is technically insol

I wonder if that was Borces plan, to funnel money into the new company and then liquidate Warrant Brands just like he did with Blue Laser Jeans back in 2000 I think.

There was also Warrant Pty Ltd before Warrant Brands Pty Ltd

Warrant Brands
29 May 2018 - notice of deregistration
8 June 2018 - Application for winding up
22 June 2018 - In liquidation
Warrant Brands Pty. Ltd. 156 042 152 | Court Liquidation | Appointment | VIC | Published : 22/06/2018 | ASIC Notice Details

Last edited:
There was also Warrant Pty Ltd before Warrant Brands Pty Ltd

Warrant Brands
29 May 2018 - notice of deregistration
8 June 2018 - Application for winding up
22 June 2018 - In liquidation
Warrant Brands Pty. Ltd. 156 042 152 | Court Liquidation | Appointment | VIC | Published : 22/06/2018 | ASIC Notice Details

The store was holding its own until the 92k summer stock purchase according to the forensic accountant.

Sarah said Dad did the books. Mum wanted more stock and Dad thought more sales.

Category: | Herald Sun
Patrick Carlyon: Mother’s killing shatters Ristevski family’s idyllic life

I have no doubt that as the prosecution lead the jury down the twisting path of Blue Laser Jean Co, Warrant Brands, Warrant, Bella Bleu, Envirovision ..... the jury will soon see Borce's impeccably poor financial history, the stress and strain that he and Karen were almost always experiencing, the way that money was wiggled and jiggled from one entity to the next, how massive debts were left behind.

And then a sudden windfall inheritance - small in comparison to the debts, but large enough to want to retain. The likelihood that Karen wanted to dissolve the marriage, perhaps wanted her inheritance to start again, alone and in her own creative direction.

The motive for the murder will become crystal clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenefa82