Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they thought the house was bugged, why would they have this conversation?

Hope bugging knowledge came after this find, otherwise planned conversation: rather 'go down' for shisha, than murder.

But when aunt there, we hadn't known about BR's 'phone being turned off' (from memory. known later): neither would Sarah.
So if this conversation happened after the knowledge of 'phone being turned off ' then they knew they were bugged (as bugged when Pat present, early on): a planned conversation.
All just my deductions.
Hope the above is understood.

Last edited:
If they thought the house was bugged, why would they have this conversation?

Because then he could deny it out loud, to whoever was listening. Would only have been a problem if he’d admitted it. And by saying shisha, then he may be trying to legitimise why he had lied to cops? To both Sarah, and whoever was listening.

Conspiracy aside, he may not have realised it was bugged at that point. Sounds quite early on.

Borce has to be committed to a murder trial, surely.

Just a question though - if the magistrate rejects a murder committal for manslaughter, can the prosecution appeal?

Sorry for my ignorance.

It can happen, it doesn't happen often but there is provision in the law.. the burden is on the prosecution to convince the magistrate that there is sufficient reasons for a trial, and should the prosecution fail to do this, they can have another go at it, but it takes time, and requires new submissions.

( just for peripheral info )

Once the prosecution decides to go to trial, they face the first public check in the prosecution process which is the preliminary or committal hearing. This hearing is held to review the evidence against the accused and to satisfy a magistrate that there is a sufficient case to go for trial. This is similar to the Grand Jury part of the proceedings in the United States. There only needs to be a prima facie case at this stage. ‘Prima facie’ means ‘on the face of it’ or ‘at the first examination of it’, which means that there must appear to be sufficient evidence to provide a reasonable prospect of securing a conviction. It will not be known at this stage whether any of the evidence will be ruled inadmissible at the trial, whether further evidence will come to light in the meantime, or whether some of the evidence will be eliminated by cross-examination during the trial. Sometimes committal proceedings are handled in written form and involve an exchange of the relevant statements and reports (called a ‘hand-up’ committal). Alternatively, witnesses can be required to attend for oral examination as in a trial. The oral form of committal proceedings takes longer and either side can request it. It gives the lawyers a chance to test the witnesses in the absence of a jury. They can get the measure of a witness and assess whether they are likely to be convincing before a jury. The main focus for the magistrate is to say whether the evidence presented at that time would be sufficient to secure a conviction if it proves to be both admissible and convincing.

Because then he could deny it out loud, to whoever was listening. Would only have been a problem if he’d admitted it. And by saying shisha, then he may be trying to legitimise why he had lied to cops? To both Sarah, and whoever was listening.

Conspiracy aside, he may not have realised it was bugged at that point. Sounds quite early on.

They knew about the bugging very early on when relatives from interstate were present.

This to me sounds like it was later on after a few attempts at an alibi - he was home all day, he went for a drive - Dad where were you You stopped on Milleara Road then went somewhere else, why? - went to get Shisha.

Sounds a bit set up IMO

I really find it odd that BR being a user of Sheesha thought it was illegal. People that use it know it isn't illegal. In the States they have sheesha bars where you can go smoke it through a hookah.
My son & his friends used to go to a sheesha bar in Orlando, FL.
Maybe sheesha was a code name for drugs, and why the caution if the house was bugged not to say anything incriminating?
And we know BR's son has been a drug user as well. Just my random thoughts.

Random thought: I know the media was asked to keep a respectful distance during Karen's funeral. Does anyone know who, if anyone, spoke during the service?

Attachments

• 17.03.06 4 (2018_01_27 04_18_00 UTC).jpg
    17.03.06 4 (2018_01_27 04_18_00 UTC).jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 17.03.06 3 (2018_01_27 04_18_00 UTC).jpg
    17.03.06 3 (2018_01_27 04_18_00 UTC).jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 17.03.06 5 (2018_01_27 04_18_00 UTC).jpg
    17.03.06 5 (2018_01_27 04_18_00 UTC).jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 55
It can happen, it doesn't happen often but there is provision in the law.. the burden is on the prosecution to convince the magistrate that there is sufficient reasons for a trial, and should the prosecution fail to do this, they can have another go at it, but it takes time, and requires new submissions.

( just for peripheral info )

Once the prosecution decides to go to trial, they face the first public check in the prosecution process which is the preliminary or committal hearing. This hearing is held to review the evidence against the accused and to satisfy a magistrate that there is a sufficient case to go for trial. This is similar to the Grand Jury part of the proceedings in the United States. There only needs to be a prima facie case at this stage. ‘Prima facie’ means ‘on the face of it’ or ‘at the first examination of it’, which means that there must appear to be sufficient evidence to provide a reasonable prospect of securing a conviction. It will not be known at this stage whether any of the evidence will be ruled inadmissible at the trial, whether further evidence will come to light in the meantime, or whether some of the evidence will be eliminated by cross-examination during the trial. Sometimes committal proceedings are handled in written form and involve an exchange of the relevant statements and reports (called a ‘hand-up’ committal). Alternatively, witnesses can be required to attend for oral examination as in a trial. The oral form of committal proceedings takes longer and either side can request it. It gives the lawyers a chance to test the witnesses in the absence of a jury. They can get the measure of a witness and assess whether they are likely to be convincing before a jury. The main focus for the magistrate is to say whether the evidence presented at that time would be sufficient to secure a conviction if it proves to be both admissible and convincing.

Thanks for that trooper.

To me there appear to be two distinct parts to this conversation:

(Part 1) Borce: I'm not telling anyone what I DID.
Sarah: I know, that's why I'm not going to say anything.

(Part 2) Sarah: You stopped on Milleara Road then went somewhere else, why?
Borce: I went to get shisha.

So what did Borce do, that Sarah knows and won’t say anything about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa