Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the mud found in the wheel arches of Karen's car matches the dirt found on the shovel.
If it does, this would perhaps be another piece of corroborating evidence.

Forensics officer Glen Dower told the court Karen Ristevski’s car had large clumps of mud in the wheel arches, consistent with the car being driven for a short time on wet, unsealed roads.
The Australian, 12:00AM July 19, 2018

Police have seized a shovel from the home Karen Ristevski shared with her husband and believe soil samples from it could solve the mystery of her murder.
Testing on the shovel revealed two soil types, the Herald Sun reports.
One matched soil behind the family home in Melbourne, leading police to begin their initial search along the Maribyrnong River.
The other matched soil found in the Gisborne-Macedon area where her remains were found by a bushwalker at Mount Macedon on Monday.

Police seize shovel from the home of Karen Ristevski | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Somewhere here, it was also quoted, the number of pages has grown to 30,000.
If this is correct, maybe further great things will be produced, in the extras.

I remember the Ads, "extra, extra, read all about it", and it may apply here.:)
Be interesting to know what those additional 8000 pages relate to, wouldn’t it? I imagine finances will be a large part of it; because if Vic Pol believe they have sufficient evidence to put him away for murder, then they have to be able to show
motive, and I imagine his desperate financial situation would be a large part of that.

I wonder if he’d admitted, back at the outset, that he’d simply lost it in the heat of the moment and had gone too far and couldn’t understand how he’d done such a terrible thing - if he’d made a full and deeply remorseful admission - would he have got off with a relatively light sentence for manslaughter, without LE investigating his finances to the extent they undoubtedly have, and thus finding actual motive for murder? Just speculating ...

Be interesting to know what those additional 8000 pages relate to, wouldn’t it? I imagine finances will be a large part of it; because if Vic Pol believe they have sufficient evidence to put him away for murder, then they have to be able to show
motive, and I imagine his desperate financial situation would be a large part of that.

I wonder if he’d admitted, back at the outset, that he’d simply lost it in the heat of the moment and had gone too far and couldn’t understand how he’d done such a terrible thing - if he’d made a full and deeply remorseful admission - would he have got off with a relatively light sentence for manslaughter, without LE investigating his finances to the extent they undoubtedly have, and thus finding actual motive for murder? Just speculating ...
I don't understand the financial situation as being a motive for murder, aside from potentially being an extreme stressor in the couple's lives and potentially leading to a 'crime of passion' (ie emotions get out of check in the heat of the moment while arguing?) It isn't like there was a huge life insurance policy or something that would come as a result of her untimely death which would solve the financial woes?

I don't understand the financial situation as being a motive for murder, aside from potentially being an extreme stressor in the couple's lives and potentially leading to a 'crime of passion' (ie emotions get out of check in the heat of the moment while arguing?) It isn't like there was a huge life insurance policy or something that would come as a result of her untimely death which would solve the financial woes?

I see your point, but perhaps from Borce’s point of view, Karen’s death could have seemed to be a way out of financial ruin, even if a more accurate analysis proves otherwise.

Karen had been taken off the books from Warrant Brands (which controlled Bella Blue). The house had been put into Karen’s name alone, this could be seen as an attempt to insulate the house from the corporate debt.

Borce was siphoning any income out of Warrant Brands & into Envirovision - perhaps intending to let Warrant Brands sink & have funds squirrelled away in Envirovision. This might be doomed to fail, but what matters is whether Borce believed he could get away with it. He had already escaped being prosecuted for trading whilst insolvent (&who knows what else) when Blue Jeans Co & the original Warrant (as distinct from Warrant Brands, a newer entity) went belly up & perhaps thought he could get away with illegal behaviour again. If he somehow avoided serious investigation for Karen’s murder (&his behaviour seems to indicate he thought he would avoid it), then there wouldn’t be a forensic accountant going through his business dealings with a fine toothed comb.

So with all income stripped into Envirovision, the house in Karen’s name & Karen dead, Borce can then let Warrant Brands die, let Sarah inherit the house & start some new harebrained business scheme with the capital held by Envirovision. This would explain Borce being so furious about his finances & failed business dealings being published by the media.

If Karen’s recent inheritance hadn’t been squandered by this point, then Sarah could’ve also inherited that & it would go a fair way towards paying back the mortgage.

The above looks ludicrous given how things panned out, but if Borce thought he could get away with the murder, then given his incompetence when it comes to business the above might’ve looked like a viable plan!

Last edited:
Borce Ristevski’s daughter never stopped believing his story
Borce Ristevski’s daughter Sarah had one question for her accused father

In a text to missing persons squad Detective Timothy Ryan in 2016, she wrote: “I’m so disgusted about what was written in The Australian today. I actually hate the media. Legit. They don’t know what they’re talking about.”

The story Sarah tells about her father is nothing like that told by prosecutors, who say Mr Ristevski murdered his wife on June 29, 2016 and dumped her body between two logs at Mount Macedon, in Melbourne’s north, where it was found eight months later.

But on Thursday — the final day of evidence at a two-week committal hearing before magistrate Suzanne Cameron — the court heard how questions the media were asking haunted Sarah Ristevski in the weeks after her father became a suspect............................................

Sarah Ristevski doesn’t get the benefit of listening to all the evidence at court. During the committal hearing and if the case against her father goes to trial, she’ll likely be called as a witness again.

That means she’ll be prohibited from entering the court until after she has taken the stand. There is nothing stopping her from talking to her father, but her only other access to information in open court is via the press.

FG. You mean dodgy accountant, BR!o_O
Surely he organized his own 'book work'.
If this isn't the case, perhaps more charges, for so called, Accountant: who would be quite scared now!!!
Who ever is doing his accounts is no dummy. Knows every loophole imaginable! And if he does do all his own accounting, and does know all the loopholes of the financial world. Really casts a shadow over knowing if shisha was legal!

In a text to missing persons squad Detective Timothy Ryan in 2016, she wrote: “I’m so disgusted about what was written in The Australian today. I actually hate the media. Legit. They don’t know what they’re talking about.”

The story Sarah tells about her father is nothing like that told by prosecutors, who say Mr Ristevski murdered his wife on June 29, 2016 and dumped her body between two logs at Mount Macedon, in Melbourne’s north, where it was found eight months later.

But on Thursday — the final day of evidence at a two-week committal hearing before magistrate Suzanne Cameron — the court heard how questions the media were asking haunted Sarah Ristevski in the weeks after her father became a suspect............................................

Sarah Ristevski doesn’t get the benefit of listening to all the evidence at court. During the committal hearing and if the case against her father goes to trial, she’ll likely be called as a witness again.

That means she’ll be prohibited from entering the court until after she has taken the stand. There is nothing stopping her from talking to her father, but her only other access to information in open court is via the press.

So Sarah, and all witnesses, including those for Defence, if it goes to trial, will have all 'press info', all facebook accounts, friends who contact them (vice versa), phone, email etc.
Loads of time to consider their stories and answers to possible questions.o_O

The most recent statistics I can find for motive is the Australian Institute of Criminology stats from 2003/2004
Female Homicide victims by alleged motives:
Revenge 5%
Domestic argument 49%
Alcohol related argument 3%
Other argument 8%
Money/Drugs 7%
No apparent motive 27%

I believe SR had her supporters in court each day some of whom took notes.

So Sarah, and all witnesses, including those for Defence, if it goes to trial, will have all 'press info', all facebook accounts, friends who contact them (vice versa), phone, email etc.
Loads of time to consider their stories and answers to possible questions.o_O

No different to a witness in any other high profile case.

In a committal hearing, and I am not sure who, in this instance, requested it, the Prosecutor or Borce's defence, I kind of think it was the defence, because it was only the prosecutor who led evidence and testimony

I could be wrong on that issue, ( who's request the hearing was at ) but I digress..

The Prosecutor led with his least distinguished evidence, that is, the bit that is the most argumentative from a defence point of view. ie, the cause of death, and it's subsequent unresolved conclusion as to the cause of death.

The other testimonies, ( the Optus bloke and the ultra secret methodology, the tiny peek into the convoluted financial nuttiness of Borce, the Aunt's firm statements of Borce's peculiarity etc ) were not matters that the defence has decided to argue their case to lower the charges on. They are resting on the manner of death being inconclusive.

And it's worth a try, but I don't think it can stand up to the quality of the Prosecution's detailed and devastating evidence, of which we have only had a peek at and a whisper of so far. ..

And I don't think that the defence will ever encourage Borce to take the stand should it go to trial. Even they can see that isn't going to improve matters for Borce.

The most recent statistics I can find for motive is the Australian Institute of Criminology stats from 2003/2004
Female Homicide victims by alleged motives:
Revenge 5%
Domestic argument 49%
Alcohol related argument 3%
Other argument 8%
Money/Drugs 7%
No apparent motive 27%

I have no stats to argue this, but it's unavoidable to conclude that the reason given for female homicide victims isn't given by the victim, who is dead, ( it being homicide) but by the perpetrator, most of which, I hazard a guess, would never ever give the real reason as it would 'diminish their masculinity' to intolerable levels.

Will Sarah be first cab of the rank at trial?
Or will she be much further down the list when the evidence has been presented in more detail?
Not to mention evidence we have yet to hear about.

Maybe she will speak to her father and say "just give it up".

Last edited:
FG. You mean dodgy accountant, BR!o_O
Surely he organized his own 'book work'.
If this isn't the case, perhaps more charges, for so called, Accountant: who would be quite scared now!!!
Yes, of course I meant (dodgy) accountant for his own "corporate imperium" inclusive company foundation/company closing - his only job besides a little bit Uber-driving, but profitable (enough) since about 30 years. Perhaps one could name him "master juggler" or similar. - All IMO and MOO and only thoughts.

Yes, of course I meant (dodgy) accountant for his own "corporate imperium" inclusive company foundation/company closing - his only job besides a little bit Uber-driving, but profitable (enough) since about 30 years. Perhaps one could name him "master juggler" or similar. - All IMO and MOO and only thoughts.

Great description.
Now all in the open, if only he didn't 'try to fix the fuel gauge'!!! :rolleyes:

Will Sarah be first cab of the rank at trial?
Or will she be much further down the list when the evidence has been presented in more detail?
Not to mention evidence we have yet to hear about.

Maybe she will speak to her father and say "just give it up".

I think they will call the witnesses in line with the timeline of events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarellano5280