Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay - I've skipped over Thread #3 & #4.... 2,000 plus posts... and last time I was here was late Friday night. And you all have been quite busy!!

Can someone give a synopsis of what's happened recently? Any "good" news on locating Mollie?

If someone can help me with this link - I'm blocked per EU rules:

UPDATE: Timeline, description released in case of missing woman Mollie Tibbetts

A rundown on the Timeline? A "newer" timeline?

and this on new details? .... besides her working on homework on her computer.

New details provide insight into night Mollie Tibbetts was last seen

MelmothTheLost said:
Yes please. Since many US news sources are no longer available to people in the EU, we need quotes of the salient points, or at least a synopsis of them. Ta.

YES!! Please!

Thank you! :)

I think that you're likely right. But they're keeping information so tight that I'm not sure we'll hear anything when they do get the data.

But...the important thing is for them to solve this, not for them to satisfy our curiosity....

I associate this sort of silence with LE who think they know who their suspect is--does anyone else remember the woman who disappeared near Big Bear early this year, and was found buried with her dog, out in the desert? LE in that case kept very silent, and didn't release lots of info that we knew they had, like surveillance video.

Also, suspects often insert themselves into an investigation, so I'm sure they are watching people closely. I really hope they have a lot more than we know about.

Okay - I've skipped over Thread #3 & #4.... 2,000 plus posts... and last time I was here was late Friday night. And you all have been quite busy!!

Can someone give a synopsis of what's happened recently? Any "good" news on locating Mollie?

YES!! Please!

You could use a free VPN and still get to see them that’s what I do.

Just another quick thought (haven't spent any time thinking about what's wrong with the idea). Maybe everything went normally all night and morning until she was getting ready for work; she may have been ready to go except for her contacts when someone knocked on the door. Thinking her ride was there early, she just opened the door or told them to come in, but it wasn't her ride. Whether it was someone she knew who knew her schedule and that she was alone or just someone who saw her letting the dogs out and back in, and could maybe see through the windows that she was alone, it would most likely catch her off guard if he did anything (especially if there was a weapon involved). She couldn't really run away if he was between her and the door, and the dogs wouldn't be any help if he knew she had put them in the basement - either because he knew her and knew that was the routine or he had seen her do it through a window.

If you look at pics of the house, the windows are high up

So I have to wonder if LE have known some of these facts since close to the beginning?

The red shirt/clothing she was wearing
If she was last on a run or at home
If there was a struggle at the house or not

Maybe even how she was getting to work??

Now it seems they are releasing info every couple days a new piece that pushes back the timeline.. are they doing this in an attempt to root someone out?

It seems they would know before yesterday if she was doing homework on her computer right or if the red shirt was or wasn't missing.. or if they knew how she was getting to work.. I feel like that will be the next piece.. So and so was going to give her a ride to work.. I don't know just seems like some of this stuff it coming out so late in this that they had to have known earlier and are for some reason trying to slowly add a new fact every couple day?

I'm not as convinced that the fact that they haven't identified her way to work the next morning is that meaningful. There are several scenarios where it just isn't that important. First, and probably most likely, is that the police know who was going to give her a ride and that person has been cooperative and it didn't lead anywhere. If they release that person's name, even with the caveat that the person isn't a suspect or has been cleared, they are just guaranteeing that until Mollie's disappearance is solved people will suspect that person. Just look at the brothers and BF. They have officially been cleared but plenty of people are still suspicious.

Second, it's possible she didn't have a ride set up yet. It sounds like her transportation situation was fluid. Sometimes she drove the car she and her brother shared. Sometimes she probably got a ride. But that doesn't mean she has A PERSON who gave her a ride. She may have several co-workers or friends she sometimes calls for a ride. If that is the case then no one may have thought anything of not hearing from her asking for a ride since it isn't a set thing.

Certainly there may be a connection between her disappearance and her way to work that morning. But I think based on the information we know it's just as likely that it doesn't.

YES!! Please!

Regarding the "New details..." article, I posted the only two bits that have any new information (or really any info at all) here: IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

The "Timeline" article has very little information in it, and nothing new. The only time it really mentions is the 7:30 run.

Here's a very interesting article on the subject in relation to crime.

What Your Cell Phone Can’t Tell the Police
Very informative article and thankfully phone technology has come a long ways since that case. My question is, how often does LE use pings vs GPS? I can't think of many phones that don't have GPS which makes pinpointing precise locations much easier.

YES!! Please!

Niner, I have been thru about 400 recent posts and only the working on computer late evening and dogs in basement are all that looks new to me. (No link for the latter so not confirmed ATM). If I have missed anything else could someone please shout?

YES!! Please!

Newly added to timeline:

“Mollie Tibbetts, 20, a student at the University of Iowa, was last seen July 18 at around 7:30 p.m. while running the city streets of Brooklyn, Iowa, according to the Iowa Department of Public Safety's Division of Criminal Investigation in a Friday press release.

At the time, she was wearing dark-colored running shorts, a pink "sports top" and running shoes of an unknown color, according to DCI.”

Investigators use digital info in search for Iowa student

New Details:

“Family members told KCCI on Saturday that evidence shows she was doing homework on her computer late in the evening on July 18. Authorities declined to release a specific time, saying it could hinder the investigation.”

Very informative article and thankfully phone technology has come a long ways since that case. My question is, how often does LE use pings vs GPS? I can't think of many phones that don't have GPS which makes pinpointing precise locations much easier.
GPS would depend on the phone's settings, though. I turn off as many location services and GPS services as I possibly can on my phone, such that they are only activated when I am actively using them for particular apps. So, true that there is still more data available via GPS (I'm sure there's still a ton of data from my phone from GPS from when I'm actively using it and/or when I forget to close apps that use it). But at the same time, it isn't necessarily ALWAYS collecting GPS data.

You could use a free VPN and still get to see them that’s what I do.

I would, but I'm "old" and technically challenged!
50x50px-LL-fabf9a56_msn-emotions-pig-8.gif
I'm waiting for my bro's tech guy to get back from work in Germany. Then hopefully he can do that for me!

Why would what time she was doing homework impede the investigation?

If she had a stalker, where would he be located to watch her? In looking at pics of the house, everything is wide open in that area. Someone would be spotted right away.

Late homework...glasses and contacts still at home. If she made it back from her run and disappeared from the house then I'm thinking the dogs slept in the basement overnight. My lab is the loudest most ferocious barker at all delivery trucks, humans and other animals she sees out the front windows. When we go to the country we keep her in our bedroom with the door shut because if she's left loose she usually ends up barking at a coyote or some other critter. So I have to wonder if the dogs heard something overnight and Mollie got up to check it out. I use my iPhone flashlight all the time - so she could have had her phone on her for that reason. As for the FitBit - my husband used his for years with the gentle vibration alarm option in the morning. He wore his to sleep for that reason. Just thinking out loud...
Maybe the dogs knew the “intruder”- if there was one. Was the construction business run out of this house or somewhere else?

SuziQ said:
Did the bf send a response to the snap chat he opened @10pm and not hear back? If so, why no response?
Also, mom said an agent called her to ask if Mollie was in a house at 9:45pm.
What does that mean? "In a house at 9:45pm" do you have a link to that article?

Oh - I saw that earlier & too wanted to ask.

An "agent" - Real Estate Agent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member