Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every missing persons case I’ve followed, somebody says it’s sex trafficking. It’s never ended that way. Just saying.
Especially under these circumstances. It’s because sex trafficking has been in the news a lot lately. I’m surprised people aren’t throwing out MS-13 here.

She wouldn’t be the first person to disappear at the end of her driveway. Another theory - maybe not a second run per se but a walk/jog towards Mom’s to pick up the car. Later hour gives stranger abducter more cover. Or we might have the acquaintance who pulls up beside her and asks if he can give her a lift. She’s tired, knows the person, and hops in.
That makes more sense. I some how missed most of the going to her mom's to get her car info. And, she wouldn't need her jogging stuff to get the mail.

As we don't have much new info, I kept thinking today about the relatively simple things that could have happened to MT to result in her disappearance. The father's scenario might be possible but I'm not sure how exactly it fits with the public information that we have spent so much time talking about here. I think it would also have to be a scenario that fit into FBI mandate or some ongoing investigation they have on someone in the region or involve local LE in some way.

I also wonder if this could have been a simple accident gone wrong and MT was injured while walking or jogging to her moms house and she was then taken and held as they were driving while impaired or she accepts a ride from someone that has been following her movements but that she still knows and things head south on the ride.

@PommyMommy
Mollie's father is doing what most parents do : Seeing his daughter as he wants to see her.... and as he wants the population to see her. The reality can be quite different (as anyone with adult children knows)

Huh? Seeing her as he wants to see her and how he wants the population to see her? She's his daughter and they appear to be quite close. Are you suggesting that he doesn't know her like he thinks he does? So far, everything he has said about her matches everything I've seen and heard from everyone else who knows her.

Last edited:
Especially under these circumstances. It’s because sex trafficking has been in the news a lot lately. I’m surprised people aren’t throwing out MS-13 here.
I will say, however, it's weird in real life when you actually know someone in wit sec from MS-13.

I wonder if him asking has any value at all though. She's a legal adult, can her father give up her right to privacy for her?[/QU
In the U.S., an expert from Israel worked around Apple's security in a murder investigation. Since so much of our information from these sites have been shared unknowingly by most of us and without consent; I am verily sure, if my adult child is missing, I expect her privacy to be delivered on a plate. The parent could legally file for custodial control since she appears to be missing. I once left my Apple phone charging at our local airport on a business trip. Security not only broke into my phone but even found the last contact I had called (a lady at church no less) and contacted her to let her know they had found my phone. It was crazy. I am a frequent flyer. I could see marked on the phone where the top glass had come off. This was several years before the case mentioned above so it can be done.

I am losing hope they will find her alive. The silence, what looks on the outside to be inactivity with LE (as in no new leads), the lack of forward movement.... No presser until Friday which, if like prior pressers, will give no news, clues, or facts. I'm just losing hope and can't imagine how her family and bf are able to function daily.

I still think she went willingly with someone she knew and trusted, but who had a different agenda than her. Is LE watching this person? If they are, and they are aware of his/her movements, then MT is gone; otherwise, she would have been located.

I really think someone showed up at work the next morning with obvious superficial wounds, or a different life outlook (depressed or overly excited) - or didn't show up at all. If that's the case, someone knows and needs to report the person. They can remain anonymous. If the person is innocent, he/she will be proven innocent. It is better to have information that doesn't pan out than no information.

Life can be so unfair.

That makes more sense. I some how missed most of the going to her mom's to get her car info. And, she wouldn't need her jogging stuff to get the mail.
If she was supposed to pick up the car that evening, then why does the brother wait until the next morning to text her about the car. Also he had just dropped her off in their shared car at 5:30. She really would go to the house 2-3 hours later to pick it back up? I was always under the impression that she picked up the car in the morning if she needed it. IMOO

As we don't have much new info, I kept thinking today about the relatively simple things that could have happened to MT to result in her disappearance. The father's scenario might be possible but I'm not sure how exactly it fits with the public information that we have spent so much time talking about here. I think it would also have to be a scenario that fit into FBI mandate or some ongoing investigation they have on someone in the region or involve local LE in some way.

I also wonder if this could have been a simple accident gone wrong and MT was injured while walking or jogging to her moms house and she was then taken and held as they were driving while impaired or she accepts a ride from someone that has been following her movements but that she still knows and things head south on the ride.
Great points, & could also fit the methead scenario.... lots of labs out in Iowa.... someone accidentally hits her, is tweaking to high heaven, & serious paranoia. Escalates from there. God forbid.

I am losing hope they will find her alive. The silence, what looks on the outside to be inactivity with LE (as in no new leads), the lack of forward movement.... No presser until Friday which, if like prior pressers, will give no news, clues, or facts. I'm just losing hope and can't imagine how her family and bf are able to function daily.

I still think she went willingly with someone she knew and trusted, but who had a different agenda than her. Is LE watching this person? If they are, and they are aware of his/her movements, then MT is gone; otherwise, she would have been located.

I really think someone showed up at work the next morning with obvious superficial wounds, or a different life outlook (depressed or overly excited) - or didn't show up at all. If that's the case, someone knows and needs to report the person. They can remain anonymous. If the person is innocent, he/she will be proven innocent. It is better to have information that doesn't pan out than no information.

Life can be so unfair.
I think it's likely that the perp was wounded in some way during the crime. The person who committed it, would almost certainly exhibit some changes in appearance, and/or behavior in the days and weeks following the crime. I hope you're right and someone comes forward to report their suspicions. Most of the time the suspicious individual is not involved, but it only takes one.

If she had her phone, FitBit, earbuds, running attire and shoes with her on her run and none of those are in the house, it stands to reason she never returned to the house.
<modsnip unapproved topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
And quoting this Websleuth, Bestill:
"I'm thinking that the person that has her is related to school, her major and she was trying to help them - this is why the dad keeps mentioning the relationship and school like he's trying to bring this person back to reality."

We all know there are three groups of people at a University.
1. students
2. employees
3. hangers-on

Case in point: my cousin went to the state university near where we live in indiana. there was a guy who lived in his station wagon on the campus right near the dorms. he had dropped out 4 years before. he was "friends" with my cousin and his roommates. he had access to dorms, social activites, etc.. he was mainly there to meet women......hopefully, not with nefarious intent.

Even though campus security is a lot stricter now, with electronic key-cards, I wonder if MT came in contact with someone very charismatic and needy. That person took advantage of her trust. He might not even be a student or an employee. But she met him through that "3rd circle of acquaintances". He could have posed as another student, working on a research project, wanted to interview her for his "master's degree", etc. He is suave and a little older than her.

And unfortunately, it went south, soon after he picked her up at her house on Wednesday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theonce-ler