Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering this also...usually a Friday means weekend in jail before bail hearing so they will have more access to the perp and can gather evidence etc before the hearing.
This is possible, there may be other reasons for the change though, something that we obviously aren’t privy too. I hope there is a positive reason for the change, as you two are hopeful of.

After listening to Mollie's dad's plea, I have to ask you all, what the heck are we missing here? Who? Kidnapped for sure? Sure sounds like it...note: "sounds", not said so, not fact. Jmo.

After listening to Mollie's dad's plea, I have to ask you all, what the heck are we missing here? Who? Kidnapped for sure? Sure sounds like it...note: "sounds", not said so, not fact. Jmo.
He’s being positive, as he has to be in order to keep it together emotionally. He has said that he has no evidence to support this theory, and it is merely his opinion. We shouldn’t draw any conclusions from this statement as it being rooted in reality. Unfortunately.

Being a long time sleuther Friday’s are usually when they move in and make an arrest. I suppose they are getting all their paperwork in order and the presser will be after the suspect is in custody. That’s usually how it’s done. Many juror verdicts come back on Friday’s as well. So strange.

I predict WC will be arrested Friday. Im sure they have been interrogating him very hard. I watch so many interrogations on YouTube from past criminals. Perp always starts off with I know nothing, I never met the person, yada yada until they give in. LE has a lot of bargaining power with WC with his criminal rap sheet. It shows his character. Maybe he did other crimes that he never got caught? Goldenstate serial killer here in CA was an ex cop. That means nothing these days. Detectives are good at negotiations. It’s amazing the way they get confessions from perps. Check out some on YouTube. Believe you me those guys know so much more than you think. They are highly skilled and human lie detectors. WC may not have confessed but I bet LE has alot on him.

This is all JMO only. I have a strong feeling this is what’s going down. The Dad trying to throw him off. I’ll check back here on Friday.

I agree with you!!! At times they have LE taking the perp into custody minutes before the Presser so people / family etc are not in the vicinity of the arrest & at the Press Conference.

In this case, I think it is that they are hoping for anything but a monster living amongst them, appearing normal.
Quite right, I think this too. We've already had the traffickers, meth heads, malevolent truckers, suicide, runaway ect... Anything and everything, as long as it's as far removed from ourselves, what we might expect to encounter in our daily lives, as possible.

I think he is walking a very fine line here for a variety of reasons in terms of defining the circumstances so I don't think its so clear (and that is by design IMO). I way I heard what he said is that however the event with the person started, the situation then somehow changed and MT is now being held or kept by the perp. I don't think he went so far as to say kidnapping as kidnapping doesn't seem consistent with what he is describing. I haven't listened to the interview today and so I am basing this off of what he said in the prior interview. Interesting to know what the atty's think the possible charges could be for the fathers scenario.

He’s being positive, as he has to be in order to keep it together emotionally. He has said that he has no evidence to support this theory, and it is merely his opinion. We shouldn’t draw any conclusions from this statement as it being rooted in reality. Unfortunately.

And at some point the collective "we" have to realize we have less than he does.

Wondering this also...usually a Friday means weekend in jail before bail hearing so they will have more access to the perp and can gather evidence etc before the hearing.
Yea I was thinking the same. My best friends parents were murdered 2 years ago. It was very high profile because they were “missing” first. A news conference was scheduled on a Tues. LE called us and met with us to say they were found and murdered so they postponed the conference for 3 days to get arrest warrants and MAKE an arrest and to get all the evidence secured so the public did not get a chance to interfere. This postponing makes me very worried ☹️

Hallelujah.

"They now say they’ll release more information into their investigation at a news conference on Friday."

Reward Increases to $301K in Mollie Tibbetts Case
Great news! Does anyone here know from experience with missing persons cases how press conferences evolve over time in terms of whom attends?

The first PC by LE on their investigation into Mollie's disappearance included behind the podium & speaking: the Sheriff's Office rep (local LE), State Crime Bureau agents/investigators or case managers, with Mollie's parents, brothers and boyfriend in attendance.

The next one had same LE with addition of her dad's new wife but not her brothers.

The next one this Friday could be the same people, or may be just LE?

The same day LE announced the PC scheduled for today was cancelled and rescheduled for Friday (wow, it was only yesterday) there were posts that Mollie's family may be holding a separate PC themselves on Thursday, but not confirmed/can't post a link on MSM or find the thread that posted this.

Just pondering over the shifts in attendance by LE & family at PCs, and if it means anything that would follow a natural progression in missing persons cases that are 3 or so weeks in, and with rewards for info on Mollie's disappearance at 'record highs', whether anyone has any ideas on PC 'strategy" as it were on Mollie's case.

@JoJoJo said:
Any atty's out there on this one? Double check me but I think you could give a power of atty form to a trusted family member or atty to cover this issue and scenario specifically. My suggestion is to ask an atty that you trust.

Take note a POA operates during a person's lifetime, and the authority terminates at their death. Many states currently working on legislation specifically to comply with TOS of your social media account. Limiting example to FB but learn more at link.

8. You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.

9. You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.

Note that the language used is soft—the user is “making a commitment”—and no consequences are listed for actions inconsistent with these “commitments”—in fact, what could the consequences be? And what is the status of a POA holder in the context of accessing an account? If the POA holder stands in the shoes of the grantor of the POA, isn’t it, as a legal matter, as though the member herself is accessing or deleting the account? What about #9, transferring the account? This may be a little more straightforward—the grantor of a POA can give the POA holder the ability to manage an account in any way, and the ability to do this is secured through permission from the social media site.
Maintain Control of Your Social Media Accounts with Powers of Attorney
Thanks! This is very interesting and helpful.

It’s been announced every time. Folks, there isn’t news on Friday. It’s just keeping interest going. If there was big news, the pc would be immediately
They PC was supposed to be today but they probably got what they needed in order to arrest the perp. Lots of preparation on how it will be handled. I’m guessing that’s why it was postponed to Friday. Today was probably just going to be a briefing. I would be willing to bet a suspect most likely WC will be arrested Friday before PC.

JMO

And at some the collective "we" have to realize we have less than he does.
Of course we do. But we can view his statement through the prism of viewing countless situations where the family of a missing person has expressed similar sentiments, all in the face of circumstances that indicate a contrary reality.

I agree with the comment about plenty of women have gone missing from the end of their driveway.

Recently, in an adjoining state, a male teenager used a Stun Gun on a woman on the street and tried to abduct her. Luckily people came to her defense.

A woman waiting on a pizza, in the evening, was grabbed and the Perp tried to stuff her in a Van. A witness responded to her screams.

Both women said, it happened so fast, they couldn’t react.

There was another jogger and the first time she didn’t run with a companion, was grabbed, raped, and found not far off the road.

Unless this is one helluva unusual case, I suspect we’ll find that the Perp saw her that evening and that triggered the behavior, even if it occurred a couple hours later.

I wish I was as optimistic about the reasoning for Friday’s presser. I think it’s to update the reward money, and let us know they might have to scale back the manpower, but how the couple remaining on the case will follow every tip they get.
I’m no fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member